PDA

View Full Version : can i flash a kernel over liquid to allow wifi tether

jdobbin137
08-27-2011, 12:54 PM
i am really loving this rom. i was on ssx for a long time and loved it but the one thing that it did not have with it is the battery life so i started looking around and tried shuji. for a rom that was prized for its battery life i did not see any improvement what so ever. so i was always wanting to try liquid but just kept putting it off for another day. bad idea this rom is amazing and has given me the best battery life of all cm7 and gingerbread roms. the only draw back is that the kernel does not support wifi tether of any sort that i have found. i was wondering if any of you brilliant people out there knew if i could just flash a different kernel over this rom and solve that problem. thanks. sorry pretty knew at all this stuff.

B1GD
08-27-2011, 01:06 PM
my understanding is that you cannot flash a kernal because of the locked bootloader. however, if you need to tether give easytether a try. i recall that working on liquid. its a usb/bluetooth tether but it gets the job done.

fernbch
08-27-2011, 01:09 PM
my understanding is that you cannot flash a kernal because of the locked bootloader.

That is correct

My Droid Thrives on the DarkSlide!!!

jdobbin137
08-27-2011, 01:11 PM
my understanding is that you cannot flash a kernal because of the locked bootloader. however, if you need to tether give easytether a try. i recall that working on liquid. its a usb/bluetooth tether but it gets the job done.

thanks i will trythat out. just got a new acer iconia tab and was wanting to do some school work while i was on the road so that should help

falkor164
08-27-2011, 01:36 PM
I am on Liquid and Wireless tether works great as well as Barnacle. Easy tether is also an option, but if you want wireless Liquid supports it.

jdobbin137
08-27-2011, 01:40 PM
I am on Liquid and Wireless tether works great as well as Barnacle. Easy tether is also an option, but if you want wireless Liquid supports it.

i wonder why mine has not been working. i will try again. thanks

InsomNiaC
08-28-2011, 01:06 AM
im using wifi tether v 2.0.7 and its been working fine as well, if yours is not working you should try re-flashing. its my understanding that wifi tether will work with any source based rom...

sgthwjack
08-28-2011, 12:33 PM
I am on Liquid 2.6 and using this with access control disabled. Works perfectly for me.

http://www.droidxforums.com/forum/gingerbread-development-hacking/30948-wugpacked-gb-tether-patch-all-one-zips.html

jdobbin137
08-29-2011, 07:54 PM
thanks everyone for the help. just reinstalled the barancle tether .apk and is woripking now. in fact i am on my iconia tethered to my x