PDA

View Full Version : Most useful apps for rooted X?

real
08-25-2011, 09:27 PM
I just used the new 1click and it was easy peasy. Now I just need some apps to play with.
Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums

JSM9872
08-25-2011, 09:43 PM
Root explorer I have used more than any app I have purchased. Been using it for well over a year and a half. It is a paid app though and I am not sure but if there is a file explorer/manager that is free and has system access I am sure it will be just as good.

And if you plan on just running stock GB rooted then I would go ahead and look for a bloat freezer. You could delete the apps using root explorer but sometimes its better to freeze them in case you need them in the future.

Nemo aeternamn
08-25-2011, 10:55 PM
i've heard alot of root explorer... but and i got it.. but i prefer ghost commander... everything you could need...
but for the basics... you'll want to get droid 2 bootstrap... to make a complete back up of your system....
and you'll also want titanium back, my back up pro... to make a complete back up of all apps and their data... and system data and what not...
if you have any ideas of what you might be looking for we might be able to point ya in the right direction...
or... i've done this a couple times... just search beta in the market and see what comes up to play with :)

JSM9872
08-25-2011, 11:13 PM
I have been meaning to check out ghost commander. Does it have the side by side option to make copying and pasting or moving easier?

Nemo aeternamn
08-25-2011, 11:32 PM
ya it does... with a nice looking ui... it's really slick...
one thing of note... for su on it... just remember to type in root://. in the location....
so it should read like root://./system/media
other wise it doesn't ask for su

nemosfate
08-26-2011, 12:11 AM
I use ES File Explore its free app, it has the option to be a root file explorer and mount as writable, haven't had any problem with it... Gonna have to check out ghost commander
For screen shots you can use drocap or shootme

root, roms and themes oh my!

hillbilliegreg
08-26-2011, 12:38 AM
I use ES File Explore its free app, it has the option to be a root file explorer and mount as writable, haven't had any problem with it... Gonna have to check out ghost commander
For screen shots you can use drocap or shootme

Es file explorer and ghost commander are great and free, for screenshots I like androSS, it's open source, small and clean, but the very first app I download on a rooted phone is addfree
I hate ads,lol

nemosfate
08-26-2011, 12:56 AM
Es file explorer and ghost commander are great and free, for screenshots I like androSS, it's open source, small and clean, but the very first app I download on a rooted phone is addfree
I hate ads,lol

Never heard of androSS , I'll look into that

JSM9872
08-26-2011, 08:15 AM
ya it does... with a nice looking ui... it's really slick...
one thing of note... for su on it... just remember to type in root://. in the location....
so it should read like root://./system/media
other wise it doesn't ask for su

Thanks for the tip. Now I have no excuse not to try it.

nolanrupp
08-26-2011, 08:20 AM
Don't forget about wifi tether! Not in the android market however.

real
08-26-2011, 06:26 PM
Thanks for the suggestions.

the5barrons
08-27-2011, 05:15 PM
Quickboot, root explorer, drocap2, titanium backup, real hdmi (if you can find it).

You got X'd

chelslil
08-29-2011, 08:58 PM
Is there a link to the wifi tether since it's not in the market?

Nemo aeternamn
08-29-2011, 09:25 PM
Barnacle its in the amazon market place for free... And I've used it with no problem in several froyo and ginger builds

We have nothing to fear but running out of beer

jwalz
08-29-2011, 09:33 PM
http://www.DroidXForums.com/forum/droid-x-hacks/20253-all-one-post-root-thread.html

I'm just simply stunning

chelslil
08-30-2011, 12:14 PM
I got the barnacle app from the android market but it takes me to the verizon wireless page saying I need to pay and what not, so is the one from the amazon market different? I just rooted my phone yesterday and I have stupid gingerbread.

s.dubs317
08-30-2011, 12:23 PM
Android overclock (best overclock app out there), boot logo changer (which I make custom logos for), drocap2, sixaxis controller (app rocks for game emulators), and rom toolbox.

Nemo aeternamn
08-30-2011, 12:42 PM
I got the barnacle app from the android market but it takes me to the verizon wireless page saying I need to pay and what not, so is the one from the amazon market different? I just rooted my phone yesterday and I have stupid gingerbread.

No... It's because if ginger bread... Search for wug's tether patch... And that will fix that problem

We have nothing to fear but running out of beer