PDA

View Full Version : eclipse pics?

Hulk0069
08-25-2011, 01:09 PM
do any body have pics of this rom on their phone yet I'm wondering what does it look like.any body has pics to post I'm trying to decide whether to overall install this.
sent from my droidx2 rooted and Gingerbreaded!!!!! With frozen bloatware!!;)

motorsports601
08-26-2011, 02:29 AM
Just make a backup and try it . It feels pretty fast. I like it . Heres one of 2.2

Sent from my DROID X2 using Droid X Forums

Hulk0069
08-26-2011, 10:27 PM
@motorsports... Thanks looks real nice, any problems?

jvan1474
08-26-2011, 10:31 PM
I've been ruining it for a little over a week and love it...blur is almost completely gone...runs fast and smooth just make a backup and give it a try

Hulk0069
08-27-2011, 12:45 AM
What does it change? is it like the funken rom? Or its is better?

shawn
08-30-2011, 10:07 PM
Id post some shots but I swaped a lot of pngs in the framework and systemui before I flashed the rom. Not sure what stock rom looks like

TRAGIC
08-30-2011, 10:19 PM
It reminds me of apex. Wish there was a jrummy rom out or one of cm7 for the X2 but eclipse is smooth.

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums

shawn
08-30-2011, 10:22 PM
My x2 has had a lot of lag and freeze ups from the day I got it has been better since I installed eclipse but still does it somtimes

MetalWych
08-31-2011, 05:58 PM
My x2 has had a lot of lag and freeze ups from the day I got it has been better since I installed eclipse but still does it somtimes

I got my DX2 yesterday (an exchange for my DX) and I feel you. Man is this phone a dog! There is so much lag, it makes my old Storm look like the fastest thing in the world! I need to find a good Rom now...I may have to give this one a shot (if its as easy as the DX was, it will be a piece of cake).

MetalWych
08-31-2011, 09:42 PM
I got my DX2 yesterday (an exchange for my DX) and I feel you. Man is this phone a dog! There is so much lag, it makes my old Storm look like the fastest thing in the world! I need to find a good Rom now...I may have to give this one a shot (if its as easy as the DX was, it will be a piece of cake).

OK, I could not stand the laggy (hardly working because of how much lag there was) DX2, so I installed Eclipse v0.4, and I am impressed. No, its not Liguid Gingerbread v2.6 (which is what I ran on my DX). But, my DX2 is no longer unusable. And, to top it off, I trued to play Guerrilla Bob THD last night, and it would almost finish loading the game, and then my phone would reboot. Everytime I tried it, it would reboot (along with checking E-Mail...and I wont get started on the inability to go on the web). After installing Eclipse, and doing the necessary installs (from TiBu), then calibrating the battery, I decided to run Guerrilla Bob again. Played like butter. Unfortunately, the demo is extremely short.

All in all, the entire process (loading the rom and reinstalling everything) took less than 30 minutes. Super simple...

tmoe
09-04-2011, 09:20 AM
OK, I could not stand the laggy (hardly working because of how much lag there was) DX2, so I installed Eclipse v0.4, and I am impressed. No, its not Liguid Gingerbread v2.6 (which is what I ran on my DX). But, my DX2 is no longer unusable. And, to top it off, I trued to play Guerrilla Bob THD last night, and it would almost finish loading the game, and then my phone would reboot. Everytime I tried it, it would reboot (along with checking E-Mail...and I wont get started on the inability to go on the web). After installing Eclipse, and doing the necessary installs (from TiBu), then calibrating the battery, I decided to run Guerrilla Bob again. Played like butter. Unfortunately, the demo is extremely short.

All in all, the entire process (loading the rom and reinstalling everything) took less than 30 minutes. Super simple...

Necessary installs from TiBu? Are these just "your" necessary installs or do they pertain to Eclipse?

MetalWych
09-05-2011, 01:08 AM
Necessary installs from TiBu? Are these just "your" necessary installs or do they pertain to Eclipse?

They are mine. Everything needed for Eclipse is already in the ROM, unless you want to run additional scripts. For me, when I flash a new rom, I always reinstall the apps with Titanium Backup that I use on a daily basis, to get a feel for the ROM and how it works with what I use.

So far, I have been using Eclipse for 5 days, and I have not gotten one reboot. Its easily one of the most stable ROMS I have run. There are a few things I wish it had, like full screen pics (I think I am going to put the blur camera back instead of the AOSP one...the camera is one of the few things that are blurred that I actually like).

upsdude
09-05-2011, 03:40 PM
hey guys, i've had my x2 for 2 months now and just now started tinkering with rooting. i'm having a hard time finding out how to install a rom on an x2 with rooted gingerbread. should i just go back to froyo and install eclipse from there? i have rom manager installed but when i try to flash the recovery my phones not on the list so i'm kinda lost what to do

Nerdslogic
09-06-2011, 05:16 AM
Here's some pic's.....let me know if you want to see something specific.

http://tapatalk.com/mu/c6918f02-f2e0-e88b.jpg

and 13 hours later....

http://tapatalk.com/mu/c6918f02-f3c8-1f00.jpg

http://tapatalk.com/mu/c6918f02-f3df-e1f4.jpg

And the easter egg
http://tapatalk.com/mu/c6918f02-f2f7-bb79.jpg

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

NewAge
09-06-2011, 09:10 AM
hey guys, i've had my x2 for 2 months now and just now started tinkering with rooting. i'm having a hard time finding out how to install a rom on an x2 with rooted gingerbread. should i just go back to froyo and install eclipse from there? i have rom manager installed but when i try to flash the recovery my phones not on the list so i'm kinda lost what to do

Delete ROM Manager, it doesn't work on DX2. Install the DroidX2 Recovery by Tenfar. Its an app that you open and install the recovery and boot into it from there. Its not the same as most Droids because this recovery was modified in China.

Here is the Recovery: MOTODX2_Bootstrap_signed.rar (http://api.viglink.com/api/click?format=go&drKey=1359&loc=http%3A%2F%2Fforum.xda-developers.com%2Fshowthread.php%3Ft%3D1193818&v=1&libid=1315318110139&out=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.mediafire.com%2F%3Fy19y123n6t auq7s&ref=http%3A%2F%2Fforum.xda-developers.com%2Fforumdisplay.php%3Ff%3D1175&title=UPDATED - [HOW-TO] SBF back to stock Froyo%2C Update to P3Droids Pre-Rooted GB Update - xda-developers&txt= Recovery&jsonp=vglnk_jsonp_13153181619162)

Stay where you are, just get the right recovery and Flash Eclipse v.5 and you will be good to go. Make sure phone is plugged in when entering Recovery and wipe data/factory reset prior to installing ROM. And make a backup as soon as you enter the Recovery.

upsdude
09-07-2011, 01:05 PM
ok so i got the x2 bootstrapper, backed up and applied the zip-now i'm stuck in boot loop :omg:

installed bootstrapper
flashed the recovery
entered recovery and did a back up
applied the v.05 zip file

rebooted and now i'm in a loop.

where in the boot menu does it ask to wipe?

edit: ok i figured when you guys say "wipe" it means factory reset lol
eclips is up and running-still trying to get the hang of it-market doesn't work i think i saw an earlier post about it in here somewhere. thanks for the help :D

edit #2... i cant set up yahoo mail...the accounts option is gone from the drawer-is there a way to bring some of that stuff back? like the stock camera?

MetalWych
09-07-2011, 11:22 PM
I was having market issues too, at first. Then, it just started working. The only thing I did was back-up Gmail is TiBu, then deleted it. I then installed GMail from the Market, and I was good. Not sure why this worked for me, but it did. A friend tried it and he couldn't install GMail and had to restore it from TiBu, and his market is still a no go.

Upsdude...If you can't get Yahoo to work through accounts, you can always download the Yahoo app, which will kinda do the same. That is, if you can get your market to work.

Eclipse 0.5 is nice, and I really like the addition of the sd swap (yes, I know I could have downloaded it and ran the script, but this way its much easier). I am still impressed how stable this Rom is. There are several additions I would love to see (basically most of what made Liquid Gingerbread 2.6 on DX so kick ass).

Also, FYI, you can run V6 with Eclipse 0.5, and it does make things faster. Just in case anyone who may read this was wondering.

Has anyone tried the kickasskerneltweak? I wonder if it will work with Eclipse.

Nerdslogic
09-08-2011, 07:39 AM
well once again I am back to stock and off of Eclipse. Everytime I have tried eclipse I end up in the same situation....great battery life for a few days then almost none...yesterday I barely made it 10 hours with my phone fairly unused on Eclipse....sbf'd last night and today

http://tapatalk.com/mu/c6918f02-b784-a292.jpg

Getting better.....

http://tapatalk.com/mu/3235dd0b-3130-81c4.jpg

upsdude
09-09-2011, 01:18 AM
v6? gotta check that out...faster is cool but is it stable too? so far so good except the crappy battery life

Nerdslogic
09-09-2011, 02:48 AM
I must admit unless something seriously changes I wont be returning to eclipse. I was getting 12 hours at absolute best with eclipse....I am going to call this dead on stock
http://tapatalk.com/mu/3235dd0b-c4ba-d5ac.jpg

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

MetalWych
09-09-2011, 07:46 PM
I am getting ready to sbf and just run rooted stock as well. I never realized how often I just stick my phone on the dock until we ran out of electricity yesterday (San Diego was without power for 13 hours yesterday...ALL of San Diego). I couldn't use my phone because of the extremely fast discharge. Just posting to Facebook and Twitter would use 5% of my battery. Not cool! As I won't always be around a plug, I will eventually need something that can run at least 6 hours (which is what I am getting now).

I will try it again once it gets better battery management.

Hulk0069
09-10-2011, 03:44 AM
On my battery (extended)I get 16 hours with moderate usage my battery at 60% I'd say not bad.

MetalWych
09-10-2011, 11:15 PM
On my battery (extended)I get 16 hours with moderate usage my battery at 60% I'd say not bad.

60% after 16 hours of use...Dude, thats awesome! I don't have the extended battery, because I don't like the bigger hump it makes (I don't mind the camera hump, but I don't want it to go any further).

Also, I was already tired of stock, so I am now running the Nameless ROM. Its an Atrix port (Android 2.3.4). So far, battery life is pretty good and the animations are kinda cool! No lag or redraws either (which I was once again getting with P3's rooted stock). I just had to freeze some of the bloat, and it was all good. At least right now. I will see how it is in a couple of days. Cool thing is, they are working on getting the camera to record 1080p (DX2 has the same camera as the Atrix and Droid 3...and maybe the Bionic??? Not sure about that one, but from what I read, people are saying its the same). All the other phones with this camera shoot 1080p, so its obviously a software thing. I look forward to seeing where they go with this one too. Finally the DX2 is getting some love. I say Finally, hell, I have only had my DX2 for a few weeks! I really feel bad for the people who have had the DX2 for ages and had to wait all this time for some goodies!

Now, it would be awesome if the devs that are doing some great work on the DX would come over and show the DX2 some love (Liquid Gingerbread, Miui, CM7...).

Hulk0069
09-11-2011, 03:06 AM
My extended battery really is not that much bigger,I too just flashed the 2.3.4 update

upsdude
09-13-2011, 08:28 PM
i'm having crappy battery life with this rom as well...i think i'll go the stock rooted route as well and just freeze/remove any and all bloat that i can...visually the rom is really nice but i work 10+ hour days and i can't be worrying about my phone dying on me by the afternoon

Dragonicnight
11-11-2011, 03:08 PM
60% after 16 hours of use...Dude, thats awesome! I don't have the extended battery, because I don't like the bigger hump it makes (I don't mind the camera hump, but I don't want it to go any further).

Also, I was already tired of stock, so I am now running the Nameless ROM. Its an Atrix port (Android 2.3.4). So far, battery life is pretty good and the animations are kinda cool! No lag or redraws either (which I was once again getting with P3's rooted stock). I just had to freeze some of the bloat, and it was all good. At least right now. I will see how it is in a couple of days. Cool thing is, they are working on getting the camera to record 1080p (DX2 has the same camera as the Atrix and Droid 3...and maybe the Bionic??? Not sure about that one, but from what I read, people are saying its the same). All the other phones with this camera shoot 1080p, so its obviously a software thing. I look forward to seeing where they go with this one too. Finally the DX2 is getting some love. I say Finally, hell, I have only had my DX2 for a few weeks! I really feel bad for the people who have had the DX2 for ages and had to wait all this time for some goodies!

Now, it would be awesome if the devs that are doing some great work on the DX would come over and show the DX2 some love (Liquid Gingerbread, Miui, CM7...).

With the x2 the extended battery is microscopic I have seen that thee standard battery door should fit

Sent from my Droid X2 Eclipse

scotch1020
11-15-2011, 01:04 AM
I used my phone lightly today and have 47% left out of 17 hrs of use on standard battery running eclipse 1.3...... love it!!!! I rebooted to show a friend and battery jumped up to 74% and after about an hour went back down to 47% again

scotch1020
11-15-2011, 01:18 AM
http://img.tapatalk.com/aefd728d-1231-5418.jpg

scotch1020
11-15-2011, 01:51 AM
http://img.tapatalk.com/aefd728d-19f8-61c6.jpg

This is 2.3.4 with eclipse 1.3. I love it

scotch1020
11-15-2011, 01:53 AM