PDA

View Full Version : Anyone tried the HP TouchPad Keyboard with the Droid X?

Coronado is dead
08-24-2011, 09:01 AM
With Office Depot selling them for $30, it seems like a decent gamble. Especially since they are still accepting returns on accessories!

jux
08-31-2011, 03:01 PM
Yes, it works fine. One catch is that you have to pair the keyboard to the phone by using a 4 digit security code entered on the phone and on the keyboard. There is no prompt to do so on the keyboard so perform the following steps:

1.) Turn on the keyboard (puts it in pairing mode)
2.) Search for bluetooth devices with the droid
3.) When prompted on the droid enter in a security code 1234
4.) On the keyboard type in 1234 and press enter

You should be paired.

Coronado is dead
09-06-2011, 08:57 PM
Well, tried it tonight and it pairs in MIUI but never connects :/

jux
09-07-2011, 04:23 PM
I did have that issue when I first tried to pair. It turned out that my touchpad was also in bluetooth mode and was causing issues with the keyboard trying to connect. Once I turned off bluetooth on the touchpad it worked.

Strange that you are able to get through the pairing processing but get no connection.

Coronado is dead
09-07-2011, 09:10 PM
I did have that issue when I first tried to pair. It turned out that my touchpad was also in bluetooth mode and was causing issues with the keyboard trying to connect. Once I turned off bluetooth on the touchpad it worked.

Strange that you are able to get through the pairing processing but get no connection.

Weird, but not an issue for me as I don't have my TP yet lol.

joego
12-25-2011, 12:05 PM
I was able to get paired using the security code trick. Thanks jux.

To get connected, I had to work my way down the Android settings labrynth..

Wireless & Networks ->
Bluetooth Settings ->
HP TouchPad Wireless Keyboard (under devices)
-> Options (Popup dialog appears by holding down on the "HP TouchPad Wireless Keyboard" button for a few seconds)
-> Check both Connect and HID.

If necessary, reboot the device.