PDA

View Full Version : 2.7 or 2.8

griz.droidx
08-24-2011, 09:05 AM
Has anyone heard when 2.7 will be out? 2.6 is pretty awesome, I really like although I never use the ability to use live wallpapers, seems like this is the only CM7 rom where I can use live wallpapers.

DebianDog
08-24-2011, 09:06 AM
Huh? All ROMs and stock can use Live Wallpapers

holly
08-24-2011, 09:38 AM
In fact, and I don't have a clue why, but after the .602 update launcher Pro is as smooth as can be with a live wallpaper.

sent from my non-rooted dx

JSM9872
08-24-2011, 10:58 AM
I dont know when it will be out but its going to be a big update and it will actually be 3.0. Liquid has tweeted that the building is coming along well.

Normally he cranks out updates but this time around there was a total restructuring. Liquid and Liquidzgurl have formed a teamed and added several builders and some others to it. They did a lot of rebuilding of things including a complete redo of Liquid Settings. It should be worth the wait.

griz.droidx
08-24-2011, 06:58 PM
Wow that sounds awesome. But nope live wallpapers are a known bug on CM7 (i think) and definitely on SSX 2.1, and if they aren't working on 2.1, they probably won't work on CM7. But for whatever reason, they worked fine with liquid. Honestly, if you read the OP for SSX 2.1 it plainly says live wallpaper doesn't work. Perhaps it is fixed in CM7 I tried 62, but never tested live wallpapers.

I can't wait to see what the liquid team has in store. Man, the rom scene has exploded since the 2nd Init hack. It was good before , but now WOW. I just can't stay on one very long. Been on SSX 2.1 for about a week or so, Nightly 62 for a few nights, and Liquid 2.6 for about 2 weeks. I really liked liquid. I just wish liquid had some of the scripts and stuff built in that SSX does. Liquid does have a few, but not nearly as many as SSX. I could probably copy them out of that rom.. LOL but I won't since it might screw something up. Anyway thanks for the update, I will have to subscribe to the teams twitter feed. Thanks. If I don't get 3g fixed on SSX 2.1 I'll probably be back to liquid. But I also hear that cvpcs is getting ready to incorporate a bunch of DX specific stuff to CM7.. I definitely can't wait for that. And Fab is working on a 602 rom.. Shew.. Choices Choices... Just like with Linux. Too much to choose from. But it's better than the alternative of that fruity phone, and that really popular OS I have to run at work for CAD apps.

JSM9872
08-24-2011, 07:14 PM
Yeah formerly the ROM was just developed by liquid. He didnt have a DX or D2 and still put together a BA ROM. Now he has a D2 dev and another dev who I forget what he has. There is also a themer too.

And I hear ya on the ROM scene for the DX. I was on a D1 for a long time and switched to a DX, then a week later the news broke that 2nd-init was here and CM7 had booted on it. I havent looked back. The locked bootloader doesnt even bother me with all the sweet ROM choices we have. It was a bit of a learning experience for me but I adjusted quick.

01greycobra
08-25-2011, 01:53 AM
Liquid 3.0 sounds awesome. I love 2.6 but my only complaint is battery life. Hopefully 3.0 can improve on that. Other than that I'm loving it!

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

griz.droidx
08-25-2011, 02:14 PM
Yeah formerly the ROM was just developed by liquid. He didnt have a DX or D2 and still put together a BA ROM. Now he has a D2 dev and another dev who I forget what he has. There is also a themer too.

And I hear ya on the ROM scene for the DX. I was on a D1 for a long time and switched to a DX, then a week later the news broke that 2nd-init was here and CM7 had booted on it. I havent looked back. The locked bootloader doesnt even bother me with all the sweet ROM choices we have. It was a bit of a learning experience for me but I adjusted quick.

Imagine my learning curve, I bought my frist smartphone in Feb, the DX, to use for gadets I do not own. A way to play video on my tv via hdmi, Portable GPS w Nav, Port. MP3 Pleyer, E-reader, and portable gaming system. So, after being rooted only for about 3 weeks I decided to try my first roms. I have learned a great deal, but have a linux background which is why I went with android mainly. Yeah, its super sweet esp, with liquid ssx, and other roms and apps that are out there. 2nd init did open a flood gate, but that is good as long as the dev's keep supporting their roms. If not a few of them merging would lessen the load on the total.

laterz
griz

Thanks again for all the help I've received in the past on here. If it weren't for you guys, I'da been toasted or bricked more times than I can count.

JSM9872
08-25-2011, 03:59 PM
...Thanks again for all the help I've received in the past on here. If it weren't for you guys, I'da been toasted or bricked more times than I can count.

Thats the reason right there that I am hooked on android. There seems to be all sorts of forums filled with people who are willing to help out.

I wouldnt know a fration of what I do about rooting and customizing without all these places to read and ask questions. Not that I am a pro, its a big fraction of a very small amount of knowledge :big smile:

griz.droidx
08-29-2011, 09:00 PM
Me either, Honestly, So many people have helped me on here when I thought my phone was fubar'd. In the middle of the day while I was at work and not supposed to be working on my phone (but I am the Network Admin, so maybe I was doing research we'll call it that ;) I couldn't boot and everything was messed up, couldn't get into clockwork. I was gonna name names but I can't remember them all so I won't but everyone was willing to help as long as I tried and gave good details. I eventually got it fixed. Now I can fix any predicament I get myself into. But only because of reading and more reading, and the extraordinarily nice and helpful people of this forum. Of course, you gotta thank this entire community. It reminds me of my early Linux days. linuxquestions.org and usenet was a huge help to me back then. So much goes into making this place and others what it has become. Just wanted to say Thanks again, I know you guys are probably tired of hearing it but I sincerely mean it. Good people are few and far between these days, but most of the people on here seem to be the real deal.

Many thanks to the devs, themers, testers, and just ordinary folk like myself who make this what it is.

Thanks, there I've said it again.