PDA

View Full Version : Help - Flashing New ROM

PleaseHelpMe
08-23-2011, 11:53 AM
Hey

I recently rooted my Droid X. I used z4Root and I had to revert from GB to Froyo, then back to GB. All of that went fine. Now, I want to flash a new ROM. To be honest, I am very n00b-like when it comes to this. In order to backup my current rom, I need to:

Open DX\D2 Bootstrap Recovery
Select top option and grant SU Permission....wait for "success" to pop up
Select second option....your phone will reboot
In this menu Volume up and volume down are your navigation and camera = enter....back arrow goes back a level or to previous menu
Navigate to Backup\restore
Select backup....this will take a while...wait till it says backup complete then navigate back to original menu....select reboot

I'm fine until #4. I never get the recovery menu. I have gotten it before. I have tried D2 Bootstrapper and DX Bootstrapper. NOTHING. If I can't reach the recovery menu, I will have no way of flashing a new ROM and using my phone to its full potential. All I'm asking is am I doing something wrong? I've tried it with USB Debugging on and off. HELP :)

HarleyDude
08-23-2011, 12:36 PM
Hey

I recently rooted my Droid X. I used z4Root and I had to revert from GB to Froyo, then back to GB. All of that went fine. Now, I want to flash a new ROM. To be honest, I am very n00b-like when it comes to this. In order to backup my current rom, I need to:

Open DX\D2 Bootstrap Recovery
Select top option and grant SU Permission....wait for "success" to pop up
Select second option....your phone will reboot
In this menu Volume up and volume down are your navigation and camera = enter....back arrow goes back a level or to previous menu
Navigate to Backup\restore
Select backup....this will take a while...wait till it says backup complete then navigate back to original menu....select reboot

I'm fine until #4. I never get the recovery menu. I have gotten it before. I have tried D2 Bootstrapper and DX Bootstrapper. NOTHING. If I can't reach the recovery menu, I will have no way of flashing a new ROM and using my phone to its full potential. All I'm asking is am I doing something wrong? I've tried it with USB Debugging on and off. HELP :)

It sounds like you are on GB, so for step 4 you would use the power button to select