PDA

View Full Version : Corrupted video and images, please help!

Kmoshun
08-22-2011, 11:54 PM
I was filming my daughter's preschool performance on my X and when I got home to view the video it says it was corrupt. The video was still on my sd, I could still see the size of the video I took but could not open it. This scant problem happened to all of the families vacation videos I took. Only difference is, I was able to view them. Then I had to do a factory reset of my phone. When I put the sd card back in, all of those videos couldn't be played back, but were still there. Any suggestions on how I can recover these priceless memories? Please help.

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums

MICHO
08-23-2011, 12:26 AM
I'd transfer them to the computer and see if you can get them to play that way..

Kmoshun
08-23-2011, 09:16 AM
Micho I've already tried that computer won't open it because it's corrupt. I've tried vlc, quick time, wm player and video editing tools. No deals.

popcenator
08-23-2011, 09:19 AM
The videos already taken are probably not going to work. After the reset, have you taken anymore videos and gotten the same problem?

Kmoshun
08-23-2011, 07:35 PM
The videos already taken are probably not going to work. After the reset, have you taken anymore videos and gotten the same problem?

After the factory reset, the problem has not re-surfaced....yet....thankfully. But i'm still looking for a way to salvage the corrupt images and video. :sorry:

RedBank
09-30-2011, 09:26 PM
This happens to me every once in a while. Still have the corrupted files...but have never been able to play the vids. Quite a few were priceless too.

JetNoize
10-01-2011, 02:59 PM
I noticed on froyo that if I don't left the phone process the image/file before touching the screen again, the file could corrupt and would be grayed out in the gallery; I haven't had it happen on gb yet.

myveryown07
10-13-2011, 02:09 AM
I have had this problem many times most were due like stated above. I didn't let the phone process the video.

pwolly
01-24-2012, 07:27 PM
The same thing happened to me--- I'd be willing to pay a techie to get these working again. Anyone have any names?! Thanks.

DroidXFanatic
01-24-2012, 07:39 PM
This has happened to me before but they weren't too important. After that I stopped relying on my X for good memories since you never know what can happen I just use my digital camera now. Sorry to hear hope you get them fixed....

Sent from my DROIDX running VorteX Rom using Droid X Forums

The persuader
01-25-2012, 06:55 PM
Go into your Gallery and Look for Black Pics or Pics that are not familair to you...those might be corrupt and raise hell with your phone as you see it now...

Wicked, one of Our Admin Members posted this a long time ago...it proved to be true with Photo's or Unknown Pics...

No Promises, but I would check especially if your downloading Photos from from outside sources...

Its Bubba

This has happened to me before but they weren't too important. After that I stopped relying on my X for good memories since you never know what can happen I just use my digital camera now. Sorry to hear hope you get them fixed....

Sent from my DROIDX running VorteX Rom using Droid X Forums

mikeman42069
02-15-2012, 12:11 PM
ok so i have a droid x and out of no where one day most of my pictures could not be viewed, videos cannot be played my music only a handful of songs can be played i have tried everything i have seen on the fourms i was wondering if there was a fix for all of this..

pwolly
02-16-2012, 07:37 PM
Been asking everyone, and putting my SD card in other phones, but nothing seems to work. Very disappointed. Might have to go iPhone I'm so pissed.

LiRa89
02-25-2012, 02:39 AM
i take vids on 720p res all the time,
but when the vids got longer than 30 secs,
after i stopped the recording, the phone would freeze,
i do nothing, and let it come back to life, (unfreeze)
'some' vids were playable, and some not,
but if i clicked home button or return,
the phone would unfreeze, bringing me back to the home screen.
but the result was that the vids were not playable,

one day, i get a notification from sd card saying that it had been unmounted
and tried to be mounted and said that it could not be read...

i guess the sd card got fried or something...
it does not work anymore, i cannot b read,
used computer, and phone,
used programs to format the sd because in the pc it said it was corrupt

well nothing worked,
maybe the controller that reads to the memory got fried,
i found websites that could retrieve the info from the card but was too expensive, and not worth it...

as i read in the interwebs,
someone suggested that the 16gb class 2 sdhc provided with the phone, was enough for normal use, some vids
taking pics, apps reading of it or writing
etc.
but that if i was taking vids in 720p and were kinda long,
they suggested u use a higher class like a 6

i got me a new 16gb class 10 sdhc
and did some test of my own..

after taking a 3-min long vid on 720p-res with the class 10
it took the camera app about 2-3 seconds to let me press the record button again
(prob. while it processed and writed the vid)

then i used a friends 8gb class2 sdhc and took the same vid on the same settings.
the phone froze for like a minute before letting me do anything,
the file was playable but it took just too long...

i also use another 16gb class2 to do the same,
and with this one the vid got corrupted and i could only hear the first 10 seconds of the vid
before it crashed.

i dont want to say that the higher class made the phone better, but it works for me

just laying out the problem i ran into..

btw,
the other functions on the phone (regarding speed) stay the same
this new card only helps me when taking vids/pics
and when gallery app loads new content.. its much faster