PDA

View Full Version : Easy setup of NEW SSX 2.1

HarleyDude
08-19-2011, 03:22 PM
For those of you that ran Chevy's first SSX build...
If you have previously run SSX 2.0, and have a nandroid backup of your old SSX setup, you can run this time saving shortcut install

Main thread, http://www.droidxforums.com/forum/chevyno1/35096-rom-8-19-11-ssx-2-1-built-source-gb-2-3-5-a.html, first, get the SSX 2.1 ROM here
md5 - 362A2B9AE90EE0F0DB797EE5953E93C0

Do not install the NEW SSX 2.1
Install the old SSX 2.0 the recommended way

If you're currently on a 2nd init ROM. Boot into clockwork, wipe cache, dalvik, and data, then flash his old build (SSX 2.0), then restore your last nandroid SSX 2.0 backup.
Boot up into what was your last SSX setup, with all your accounts, apps, etc.
Now, reboot into clockwork, wipe cache and dalvik, but not data, then flash Chevy's new build.
Voila! You are on Chevy's new build with all your accounts, apps, etc just the way you want them

Verified worked coming from Liquid 2.6, or MIUI

fezrock
08-19-2011, 04:00 PM
Cross-posting HD? ;)

Thanks for posting the easy way in its own thread.

Chalfont

ChevyNo1
08-19-2011, 04:03 PM
Ha ha actually HD posted this first - I then saw it and added a link to my thread, but I like that it is here in it's own :)

aramiscrimson
08-19-2011, 04:07 PM
Just remember that you may have to wipe again to get rid of the setting problem

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

fezrock
08-19-2011, 04:10 PM
Ha ha actually HD posted this first - I then saw it and added a link to my thread, but I like that it is here in it's own :)

It was posted in the "testers needed" thread. Just messing with him.

Thanks for the rapid release so soon after your tbolt exploits!

Chalfont

ChevyNo1
08-19-2011, 04:13 PM
It was posted in the "testers needed" thread. Just messing with him.

Thanks for the rapid release so soon after your tbolt exploits!

Chalfont

Ahhh, did not know that!

You bet - I need a break this weekend so wanted to get it all out at once, ha ha! Will try to get D2 out this weekend and that's about it!

Scrapy McSlappy
08-19-2011, 04:20 PM
Harleydude is just being a rebel.....lol

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums

HarleyDude
08-19-2011, 04:33 PM
Cross-posting HD? ;)

Thanks for posting the easy way in its own thread.

Chalfont

He's been warned...

fezrock
08-19-2011, 05:12 PM
One more and I'll have to report...

Chalfont

dennyjones
08-19-2011, 07:05 PM
For us old geezers, I'm currently running SSX 2.0. If I boot into clockwork, wipe cache and dalvik, but not data, then flash Chevy's new build, I should be good? running the new Chevy build with all accounts, apps, etc?

Is there a md5 checksum for the new update?

Sean Wristen
08-19-2011, 07:25 PM
Thanks. H D worked perfect! + Radio update from TBH.

HarleyDude
08-19-2011, 07:55 PM
For us old geezers, I'm currently running SSX 2.0. If I boot into clockwork, wipe cache and dalvik, but not data, then flash Chevy's new build, I should be good? running the new Chevy build with all accounts, apps, etc?

Is there a md5 checksum for the new update?

Yup, you should be good

dennyjones
08-19-2011, 08:13 PM
thanks

This is the md5 checksum that was generated when I downloaded the file

362A2B9AE90EE0F0DB797EE5953E93C0

Hopefully that is correct.

fezrock
08-19-2011, 11:07 PM
http://tapatalk.com/mu/aefc9d6f-24de-9d26.jpg

Was so easy following the directions in the OP, thanks HD!

HarleyDude
08-20-2011, 07:24 AM
Thanks. H D worked perfect! + Radio update from TBH.

Was so easy following the directions in the OP, thanks HD!

Great to hear it's working for y'all

The persuader
08-21-2011, 07:49 PM
Hello HD...

Where do I find V-SSX 2.0 to install?
Currently on 2 int...Miui

If I am understanding this process I would D-Load SSX 2.0...Backup Nan...restore 2.0 then Flash SSX 2.1...
Then Flash the Chevy ROM?

OMG this should be interesting..

Its Bubba

MICHO
08-21-2011, 07:55 PM
Only if you ran ssx 2.0 do you fallow hd's instructions ..
Otherwise just dl wipe install 2.1

HarleyDude
08-21-2011, 07:57 PM
Hey Bubba. This is only for those that ran SSX before. Many had their phones set up, so installing 2.0 and restoring their old nandroid set the phone up, then installing 2.1 kept the settings. Since you don't already have a SSX nandroid of your stuff, you'll have to set SSX up anyway, so just install SSX 2.1

If I recall, you're on MIUI.

Make a MIUI nandroid, do it right NOW!
Boot into recovery.
Wipe everything (data,caches. battery)
Install SSX 2.1
set it up Make your nandroid.

At this point, you can go back and forth by wiping all, flashing MIUI or SSX, restoring nandroid

The persuader
08-21-2011, 08:05 PM
Hey Thar...MICHO

Okay you Stallion...So, if I Never Flash SSX 2.0...I can just Flash to SSX 2.1...No SBF?

Then to...Backup-Wipe Cache-Wipe Dalvik...Then I'm "Good Under the Hood" to Flash SSX2.1?

Im not to Techie ya know...LOL...:rolleyes:

Its Bubba

MICHO
08-21-2011, 08:24 PM
Yup!
Just dl put on root of sd
reboot recovery
data factory reset wipe cache for good measure too.
Install ssx2.1 reboot welcome to the chevy side! ;)

HarleyDude
08-21-2011, 08:27 PM
Hey Thar...MICHO

Okay you Stallion...So, if I Never Flash SSX 2.0...I can just Flash to SSX 2.1...No SBF?

Then to...Backup-Wipe Cache-Wipe Dalvik...Then I'm "Good Under the Hood" to Flash SSX2.1?

Im not to Techie ya know...LOL...:rolleyes:

Its Bubba

Bubba, don't forget to make a MIUI nandroid backup first
Even if you have one, make another

The persuader
08-21-2011, 09:02 PM
Captain HD...You're the Best Buddy...

One thing I've learned Real Quick is Making a Backup...LOL...

So just to be sure...
D-Load...SSX Prep Zip
D-load...GB 2.1 update.zip
D-load...Update-unthemed.zip

Is that right...??

Then...

Because I am changing to another ROM the following..
Wipe Data/Reset
Wipe Cache
Wipe Dalvik

Reboot/Backup...If the Flash was Successful...

Thanks HD

Its Bubba

HarleyDude
08-21-2011, 09:10 PM
Bubba, just step 2 of your first 3 dl steps
You don't need the prep zip, or the unthemed, just install the themed. This way

So just to be sure...

D-load...GB 2.1 update.zip

Is that right...??

Then...

Because I am changing to another ROM the following..

Wipe Data/Reset
Wipe Cache
Wipe Dalvik
Install SSX2.1

Reboot/Backup...If the Flash was Successful...

Thanks HD

The persuader
08-21-2011, 09:25 PM
Awesome My Friend...I do Appreciate All that you do...
Thank You HD...

Have an Awesome Week and Keep Smiling...:)

Its Bubba

HarleyDude
08-21-2011, 09:27 PM
Sounds like you've become a flashaholic Bubba

The persuader
08-21-2011, 09:33 PM
HD...
See what you Guys have done to me...Do you Guys offer Forum "Counseling for Flashaholics..." If not, who cares Onward with Flashing...been their before let me tell ya...Not Pretty

But I Love it..."The Challenge is Awesome"...LOL...I am a Good SBF'er too...
Man that doesn't sound right...

Its Bubba

The persuader
08-22-2011, 06:37 AM
HD...
See what you Guys have done to me...Do you Guys offer Forum "Counseling for Flashaholics..." If not, who cares Onward with Flashing...been their before let me tell ya...Not Pretty

But I Love it..."The Challenge is Awesome"...LOL...I am a Good SBF'er too...
Man that doesn't sound right...

Its Bubba

Good Morning Everyone...

Well, help me understand...I tried to Downloaded Chevy 2.1 last night from my DX Phone and it requires Wifi Connctions.... Is this correct?

However, I also D-Loaded SSX 2.1.1 that was Successfully D-Loaded...this is on my SD Card and in ROM Manager ready to Flash...

Is their another Way to Download 2.1 other then Wifi...It keeps scanning for connections...Enter my Password, Check all settings...

which reads in a Secured with WPA/WPA2 PSK...Is this correct if not, How do I change this...? It mentions...I have Excellent Connections...

Its Bubba

Bkdodger
08-22-2011, 07:15 AM
Good Morning Everyone...

Well, help me understand...I tried to Downloaded Chevy 2.1 last night from my DX Phone and it requires Wifi Connctions.... Is this correct?

However, I also D-Loaded SSX 2.1.1 that was Successfully D-Loaded...this is on my SD Card and in ROM Manager ready to Flash...

Is their another Way to Download 2.1 other then Wifi...It keeps scanning for connections...Enter my Password, Check all settings...

which reads in a Secured with WPA/WPA2 PSK...Is this correct if not, How do I change this...? It mentions...I have Excellent Connections...

Its Bubba

Good morning sir..I only know of 2.1 for download ...I actually downloaded over 3G ..if you don't have a good 3G signal then I would over wifi....

MD5 for themed zip

Sent from elGato's X..
"I will not flash today...I will not flash tonight ..oh who am I kidding...."

The persuader
08-22-2011, 07:40 AM
Good morning sir..I only know of 2.1 for download ...I actually downloaded over 3G ..if you don't have a good 3G signal then I would over wifi....

MD5 for themed zip

Sent from elGato's X..

Morning BK...

My 3G is Golden...When I start to Download...It comes up Unknown...So, I aborted the Download...Wifi will not allow...

I'll try it again...Thanks BK

Its Bubba

Have an Awesome Day BK...:D

HarleyDude
08-22-2011, 07:43 AM
FWIW, I never download ROMs over 3G or wifi to phone, I always download to PC and transfer to sd card via USB. Just my preference, and I've never had a bad dl yet

gbrinn
08-22-2011, 07:55 AM
FWIW, I never download ROMs over 3G or wifi to phone, I always download to PC and transfer to sd card via USB. Just my preference, and I've never had a bad dl yet
+1 to this. I used the TBH app to download their SBF file and .602 update directly to my phone. While the SBF file seemed to go OK, the .602 was corrupted and bricked my phone. I had to manually SBF and install the 2-part .602 from my laptop. Not sure I'll ever try the TBH app again. I don't like spending twice the amount of time to redo my phone.

The persuader
08-22-2011, 08:49 AM

Its funny you say that...I would have to Agree with you...

Finally got via 3G....20 minutes to boot...(expression)...
I'm ready to flash later today

Have an Awesome HD

Its Bubba

Bkdodger
08-22-2011, 09:04 AM
Its funny you say that...I would have to Agree with you...

Finally got via 3G....20 minutes to boot...(expression)...
I'm ready to flash later today

Have an Awesome HD

Its Bubba

Its great advice by HD computer is best..although I've done the opposite never not used my phone ..haha I don't know why it's just me ...
Good luck with it let us know how it goes buddy..

Sent from elGato's X..

The persuader
08-22-2011, 09:20 AM
Its great advice by HD computer is best..although I've done the opposite never not used my phone ..haha I don't know why it's just me ...

Sent from elGato's X..

BK...
that is true computer is best..its definitely faster...I'm like you...I drive my phone to the limit...

I will keep you all posted...with All you Mod Eagles hovering from the Skies up above...

I feel Safe...if I get into the Weeds I'm sure you'll be their for the Rescue...

This Miui.us ROM is running pretty Slick...So far so go...looking forward to CHEVY

Thanks in advance...

Have an Awesome Day!!!

Its Bubba

The persuader
08-22-2011, 07:12 PM
Yo Bk...

Just letting you know...I'm Driving thru the Forum with a 57 Chevvvvy ROM...Sweet Baby Jane...She's Looking Good in Blue
Hey, STG must have had something to do with the Color Blue...go figure...

Titatium is D-Loading my Apps...So Far So Good...

Haven't had the change Yet... to start Tweeking...First thing was Emails...Awesome...Got'um All Working...Life is Good now the rest I can work thru...

Thanks BK HD...

Driving a Chevvvy...Sweet...LOL

Its Bubba...

Sent from elGato's X..

HarleyDude
08-22-2011, 07:24 PM
Good to hear Bubba, tnx for the update. It does have some nice shades of blue, I like the blue overscroll glow

The persuader
08-22-2011, 07:44 PM
Thanks for your Support HD...

HD...
Does "Blue" Make Me Look Fat?:omg:

Its Bubba

bleedgreen
08-23-2011, 03:12 PM
For those of you that ran Chevy's first SSX build...
If you have previously run SSX 2.0, and have a nandroid backup of your old SSX setup, you can run this time saving shortcut install

Main thread, http://www.droidxforums.com/forum/chevyno1/35096-rom-8-19-11-ssx-2-1-built-source-gb-2-3-5-a.html, first, get the SSX 2.1 ROM here
md5 - 362A2B9AE90EE0F0DB797EE5953E93C0

Do not install the NEW SSX 2.1
Install the old SSX 2.0 the recommended way

If you're currently on a 2nd init ROM. Boot into clockwork, wipe cache, dalvik, and data, then flash his old build (SSX 2.0), then restore your last nandroid SSX 2.0 backup.
Boot up into what was your last SSX setup, with all your accounts, apps, etc.
Now, reboot into clockwork, wipe cache and dalvik, but not data, then flash Chevy's new build.
Voila! You are on Chevy's new build with all your accounts, apps, etc just the way you want them

Verified worked coming from Liquid 2.6, or MIUI

I tried this AND when I tried to install, function denied. Perhaps bad zip or I did something wrong....

I'm on 2.0(finally) not sure about the end of this statement (still noob); " If you're currently on a 2nd init ROM. Boot into clockwork, wipe cache, dalvik, and data, then flash his old build (SSX 2.0), then restore your last nandroid SSX 2.0 backup."
when I flash 2.0 I immediately backed it up via CWR. >>>corect??
then I did the wipes minus data,
tried to flash 2.1
couldnt finish it cause somereason it couldnt execute??
not sure!!!

HarleyDude
08-23-2011, 05:45 PM
I tried this AND when I tried to install, function denied. Perhaps bad zip or I did something wrong....

I'm on 2.0(finally) not sure about the end of this statement (still noob); " If you're currently on a 2nd init ROM. Boot into clockwork, wipe cache, dalvik, and data, then flash his old build (SSX 2.0), then restore your last nandroid SSX 2.0 backup."
tried to flash 2.1
not sure!!!

Concerning the failed 2.1 install, it sounds like you may have gotten a bad download. Re-download it, the md5 is around here somewhere, I'll get it. Concerning the 2.0 to 2.1 transition, the idea is to restore an old nandroid on 2.0, for folks who were on SSX 2.0 a month or 2 ago.

dennyjones
08-23-2011, 07:38 PM
Quick and easy setup. Thanks for everything.

HarleyDude
08-23-2011, 07:45 PM

tried to flash 2.1
not sure!!!

md5 is pictured in post 28 of this thread. Get an md5 checker and check your download against it

ChevyNo1
08-25-2011, 03:36 PM
You can also verify this right from your phone - enter in terminal app, or adb:

md5sum /sdcard/SSD1-GB-5.5-update.zip

HarleyDude
08-25-2011, 04:59 PM
You can also verify this right from your phone - enter in terminal app, or adb:

md5sum /sdcard/SSD1-GB-5.5-update.zip

LOL, Thanks Chevy, that's another great tip. That will work for you and I, most of the folk here will need to type
md5sum /sdcard/SSDX-GB-2.1-update.zip

The persuader
08-26-2011, 11:49 AM
Morning DJ...

What the heck is a MD5 checksum for...

It's Bubba
Sent from my Droid X~Forums

HarleyDude
08-26-2011, 12:01 PM
Morning DJ...

What the heck is a MD5 checksum for...

It's Bubba

Verifies the file integrity. When the md5 matches, then your file matches the original, if there's an md5 mismatch, something is changed in your file, e.g. corrupted download

The persuader
08-26-2011, 05:36 PM
Thanks HD...

Validation Parallels? Both side are equal...

Chow HD...
Have an Awesome Weekend

It's Bubba

The persuader
08-27-2011, 08:20 PM
Chevy...

Is an Awesome ROM...I have 2 Favorites...Chevy is One of them...

Both Turn n Burn...Nice!!!!

Its Bubba

yentna
08-29-2011, 10:15 PM
HD and Chevy, Wanted to try 2.1, was on miui.us 1.8.19, downloaded file to puter, checked md5, moved to phone via USB, again checked md5, wiped, wiped, wiped, then flashed the 2.1 file, held the stones and watched football. Wow 10 mins later, 2.1 was up. Most of the apps were there. After I had the screens how I wanted them, Did nandroid. Used backup master to b/u my sms's, restored and had a mess. Restored 8.19, no problem. Used gosms pro to back SMS's, restored 2.1 and restored sms's. Everything great. Story was to illustrate 1. The need for backups, 2. How easy for me to go between the 2 rom's. Chevy realty like your rom, so far good battery life, nice blue highlites and good data (3g and WIFI), rom is smooth, quick and well put together. Now i get to play the ADW themes, wallpapers, and etc. Wife keeps the cat close so she has someone to talk to. See what you have done. Luv'n it.

Thanks again - Terry

yentna
08-29-2011, 10:33 PM
Harley D, forgot to thank you for "showing me the way" to SSX 2.1 ----Thank you.

Terry

The persuader
08-31-2011, 09:12 AM
Morning Harley Dude...

SSX with out a doubt is Awesome!!!

Stable, Crisp with toggling, Very Smooth and very Fast...The SSX doesn't take second place with Performance to any ROM IMO

Its Bubba

HarleyDude
08-31-2011, 09:53 AM
Harley D, forgot to thank you for "showing me the way" to SSX 2.1 ----Thank you.

Terry

Glad it worked for ya

Morning Harley Dude...

SSX with out a doubt is Awesome!!!

Stable, Crisp with toggling, Very Smooth and very Fast...The SSX doesn't take second place with Performance to any ROM IMO

Its Bubba

LOL Chevy gets the credit and the thanks for all that

The persuader
09-05-2011, 08:43 PM
Good Evening Everyone...

Refresh my memory...I've been thru the Post trying to find this Piece...

Currently on .340 Stock...I Want to switch over to "57 Chevy" and I cant remember the Process with 2-init...

I think its ROM Manager~ClockworkMod~Chose Phone (2-init) then the process for Loading a New ROM...

Im I close...I couldnt find this process so I am guessing.

Its Bubba

3club
09-19-2011, 09:52 PM
Hi guys, got an install question.

I'd been on Apex (a 602 rom), and wanted to come back to SSX2.1. My radio had been 13p. Following the non-sbf instructions, I first (after wiping) installed the 2.0 prep zip, then the 2.1 update. As mentioned in the instructions, it failed at the radio, so I booted into it, and then back into recovery. But first I checked the radio, and it was still at 13p. Then back in recovery I redid the prep zip (which did not error this time) and the 2.1 update again, and rebooted, and this time had to reactivate. Now I see that my radio is back to the old 07p again. So next I'm going to re-update the radio back to 13p (and will probably have to reactivate yet again.)

So here's my question: Was the initial failure just the downgrading of the radio? Is there any reason I want it to succeed? Any reason I should want 07? Or next time I do this, should I ignore the failure and not redo the prep that the instructions say to do?