PDA

View Full Version : [ROM] [8/19/11] - SSX 2.1 - Built From Source - GB 2.3.5

Pages : [1] 2

ChevyNo1
08-19-2011, 03:07 PM
Each release I do, I will rotate my 'primary' site that I post on, and that is the one I will support from. Some of you may not like registering for these other sites - but I cannot support you all on multiple sites with each launch. I hope you can understand that the exposure on multiple sites is good for me, and that the five minutes it takes to register on these 2-3 other sites is worth your time and effort. Given that I spend many many hours on a release, I don't think it is too much to ask http://img.droidforums.net/forum/images/smilies/smile.gif

I will create a separate bugs thread - any issues you find, please post THERE and not here.

Easy setup notes (thx HarleyDude!) - http://www.droidxforums.com/forum/chevyno1/35100-easy-setup-new-ssx-2-1-a.html

(http://www.droidxforums.com/forum/chevyno1/35100-easy-setup-new-ssx-2-1-a.html)Additional SSX upgrade notes from LordButt: http://www.droidxforums.com/forum/chevyno1/35096-rom-8-19-11-ssx-2-1-built-source-gb-2-3-5-a-14.html#post415122

1. 2.3.340 is a prerequisite. If you are not currently running that version (ie. if you are running Liberty) you will NEED TO INSTALL SSX-prep.zip first. I've built this process (using TBH's all-in-one installer) so that you do not have to SBF to install my ROM. If you encounter any issues with this method - I suggest going the full SBF route to start clean!

2. Do a factory data wipe. .cache. .dalvik...battery stats. .then flash it. .. you SHOULD be able to restore just apps/data through Tibu - just NO SYSTEM stuff. Even if installing over top of SSX 2.0 - you MIGHT have an issue where any system settings do not stick. If this happens, you can try fix permissions. If that does not help, you MUST WIPE.

3. If you have to install the prep file - you will likely get a radio error. Ignore, and continue to install SSX-GB-2.1-update.zip. Reboot into the ROM. Reboot into recovery again, and re-install the prep zip. This time you will get no errors, and you should be good to go. If you happen to install my ROM and exit recovery, having not installed the prep file - you WILL have to SBF.

4. Once SSX is installed, DO NOT use any of the bootstrappers (DX/D2). You will have to SBF if you do. Reboot into recovery will be done via the normal power button.

5. Apparently recent versions of Droid Overclock (by jrummy) are causing reboots. I have been told that version 2.1.7 works just fine :)

6. Thanks to all my testers, in no particular order - your help is much appreciated! Kevin M - Steve P - Tyler Markland - Mark Hojnacki - Craig Holcomb - Sean Lopez - Toby - Jason "Manbeard" - If I forgot anyone, I'm sorry! Let me know - my head is spinning.

If you want to go back to any other ROM - follow their instructions, which likely will involve an SBF install.

Launchers - ADW and Sony are included. A few other things that are included - Google Apps, including Maps and Street View. Also included - aLogcat and QuickPic.

Swype (original version that came on the DX) is now included. Camcorder works! GPS works! The hard camera button now works! Torch works! :)

Things I know that do not work:

Live Wallpapers

That is it, as far as I know! I believe you will find this very fast and fluid - I have http://img.droidforums.net/forum/images/smilies/smile.gif

Screenshots:

SSX-prep.zip (http://www.multiupload.com/8I2SIGTVM3)

SSX-GB-2.1-update.zip (http://www.multiupload.com/WRCKVWJKR5)

SSX-GB-2.1-update-unthemed.zip (http://www.multiupload.com/SQ42S8Y4LV)

Battery Icons Patch (ONLY THEMED - post #81) (http://www.droidxforums.com/forum/chevyno1/35099-ssx-2-1-bug-thread-9.html)

Wulf
08-19-2011, 03:08 PM
Been wanting to try this, great!!

HarleyDude
08-19-2011, 03:11 PM
Thanks Chevy

popcenator
08-19-2011, 03:12 PM
Alright, great work as always Chevy!

Jersey
08-19-2011, 03:18 PM
Hey, this is awesome! Good deal will be installing later today when I have a full battery

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums

fezrock
08-19-2011, 03:20 PM
Whoooooo!

Chalfont

Nemo aeternamn
08-19-2011, 03:25 PM
Tested this for him... And it runs great... So far battery looks solid for this type of rom... The screen where you put the pattern in to unlock... Love the look of it... extremely stabile... All in all great rom and
Another solid build from chevy...
We have nothing to fear but running out of beer

Zog
08-19-2011, 03:33 PM
Never tried ssx, chevys a big name in the modding community so I'm interested :-) What is different between this and cm7? Miui's doin its own thang, omfgb boasts speed and nakedness, what makes ssx good?

- sent from my liberated dx

aramiscrimson
08-19-2011, 03:40 PM
Ahhh..I can talk about it now?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

aramiscrimson
08-19-2011, 03:43 PM
The biggest difference between this and cm is Chevy fixes the problems no nightly. Oh and the Sony launcher.
SSX is also a little smoother in its presentation I think. Maybe polished is a better term.

ddbennett21
08-19-2011, 03:47 PM
Hell yeah. Loved the first version, pumped for this update.

fezrock
08-19-2011, 03:55 PM
Hell yeah. Loved the first version, pumped for this update.

+1!

Chalfont

Scrapy McSlappy
08-19-2011, 04:06 PM
Awesome. Chevy you da man!

milski65
08-19-2011, 04:19 PM
I'm on Shuji. I know I either have to use the prep zip or sbf to 340 first, but step 3 says to flash the 2.0. Do I have to do that before flashing the 2.1, or just prep zip and 2.1?

OldEmt
08-19-2011, 04:21 PM
Charging now before update, can't wait!

ChevyNo1
08-19-2011, 04:24 PM
I'm on Shuji. I know I either have to use the prep zip or sbf to 340 first, but step 3 says to flash the 2.0. Do I have to do that before flashing the 2.1, or just prep zip and 2.1?

My mistake - that was a typo - you DO NOT have to install 2.0 first - that line should read 2.1 (fixed)

kochoid
08-19-2011, 04:25 PM

I'm thinking chevy forgot to change that to 2.1. I've used his prep zip for ssx 2.0 dozens of times to get from .596 (or .602) to the froyo kernal to run ssx or cm7 or moemod or muiu or wotever....

kochoid
08-19-2011, 04:44 PM
i dl'd unthemed...way faster and will try it now.

fezrock
08-19-2011, 04:55 PM
Chevy- I noticed in the 2.0 that your Rom does something no other has done. That is my TiBu list is alphabetized. As I usually keep most collected apps uninstalled, but occasionally need one, this is invaluable time-saving-wise. I sure hope that 2.1 does it too. And I won't ask you to give away your trade secrets, but you should definitely use this feature as a hook!

Chalfont

Talon66721
08-19-2011, 05:01 PM
+1 on that Fezrock! I'm not on this rom anymore, but that alone makes it really tempting.

Sent from my DX running Liquid GB 2.4, OC'd at 1.3 and Supercharged. Running as fast as fast can be!

JNEHAMA
08-19-2011, 05:26 PM
I am looking forward to this. Flashing as soon as my battery is full. Version 2.0 was the rom that made me fall in love with my phone all over again even more than CM7.

kochoid
08-19-2011, 05:52 PM
Unthemed is doin good....

Enzymaticracer
08-19-2011, 06:49 PM
Giddy with excitement! Just waiting to get home. I flashed 2.0 weeks ago, and never looked back!

Now that we have the 13p radio this is awesome!

TideFan22
08-19-2011, 06:50 PM
Ohh man been waiting for this, dl'ng now, Also what is the unthemed one

Running OMGB

PARick
08-19-2011, 07:18 PM
Just to be certain, coming from CM7, I do not need to install the prep zip, correct?

TideFan22
08-19-2011, 07:20 PM
Right

Running OMGB

fezrock
08-19-2011, 07:23 PM
You only need the prep zip if you are on a GB build, and (maybe, if I remember correctly from early cm7 days) a standard froyo rom. Cm7 builds shouldn't need it, nor should stock (rooted or not) froyo.

Chalfont

slowcaddy
08-19-2011, 07:27 PM
Themes don't stick after a reboot, and have to reboot to tweak some status bar things. Am I doin something wrong. Other than that I'm loving this rom

kochoid
08-19-2011, 07:28 PM
Unthemed is doin good....

ditching unthemed version....

why? because it does not do wot i liked most about ssx 2.0: cool theme lock screen rotary slider and flip animations. unthemed is pretty much stock 2.3.5 with chevy tools...boring. Think OMFGB, Justice, MoeMOD (or is it MOEmod...)....boring......

I'm assuming themed 2.1 has the cool silvery lock screen rotary and flip anims...we'll find out soon...

frosty_35768
08-19-2011, 07:30 PM
I have a question about the Sony launcher. Where do you go to find the diff themes? I found all of the ADW themes but I have looked everywhere for the Sony and cannot find anything.

Enzymaticracer
08-19-2011, 07:46 PM
It's downlaoded now and my phone is at 80% Battery and charging... getting excited!

Are any md5sums available for the downloads?

I'm currently on 2.0 already, so I will simply be wiping cache, dalvik, and battery stats before flashing the 2.1-update file!

MICHO
08-19-2011, 07:57 PM
This is what I have for md5's

Wulf
08-19-2011, 08:09 PM
Really like this rom, everything in camera works, pics, video, on screen zoom and even hard button works for taking pictures.

thegrillboy
08-19-2011, 08:18 PM
Is video in hd?

Wulf
08-19-2011, 08:21 PM
Is video in hd?

Highest is "High(30m), but still good.

Edit. Only plays video you shoot in portrait. Going to play with settings.

Edit: you have to select auto rotate in Chevy settings.

thegrillboy
08-19-2011, 08:39 PM
I'm on miui and video camera is horrible.

Wulf
08-19-2011, 08:52 PM
I'm on miui and video camera is horrible.

Video plays decent on this rom.

Enzymaticracer
08-19-2011, 09:02 PM
1% Battery Increments built in...
built in Screenshot capability...

excellent! So far 2.1 is very slick!

MICHO
08-19-2011, 09:09 PM
Notification restarts automatically When theme is applied ! Too sick

Chevy is the man!

MICHO
08-19-2011, 09:41 PM
Native screen shot too!
O my snap!

TwinkleFingers
08-19-2011, 10:11 PM
This came just in time! I've been on 2.0 for a while now and was about to start looking for another rom to try, so now I can stick with SSX.

aramiscrimson
08-19-2011, 10:14 PM
If setting are not sticking you must do another data wipe. Its the only fix Chevy could find for the problem

fezrock
08-19-2011, 10:44 PM
Flashed with no problems. Me so happy!

popcenator
08-19-2011, 10:47 PM

Downloading now :-)

on the move..

MICHO
08-19-2011, 10:49 PM

+1...

Wulf
08-19-2011, 10:50 PM
Just tried supercharge script option 8 Mega men 1 helps the slight lag in fly in animations.

TideFan22
08-19-2011, 11:55 PM
Great work as always Chevy.

From my newly updated Simply Stunning X

CURBSHOT
08-20-2011, 01:54 AM
If im currently on apex 1.4 when shoild i do the update for. 602 before or after flash 2.1

MICHO
08-20-2011, 01:59 AM
If im currently on apex 1.4 when shoild i do the update for. 602 before or after flash 2.1

Why would you need the 602 update if you wanna run ssx 2 1?

Chipworkz
08-20-2011, 02:56 AM
Man this this thing is nice! Way better than stock and much better than the last rom I tried.

Thanks Chevy!

TeeX
08-20-2011, 07:20 AM
about to dl and flash! Is gapps included in this, or do we need to install them?

HarleyDude
08-20-2011, 07:23 AM
about to dl and flash! Is gapps included in this, or do we need to install them?

It's in there

TeeX
08-20-2011, 07:29 AM
It's in there

sweet. thanks!

and a huge thanks to Chevy - really great work, we really appreciate your efforts! :big smile:

Brad92
08-20-2011, 01:34 PM
Hey guys, I joined up from the sister site.Anyway, I have been having a ton of force closes and my phone has froze a few times requiring a battery pull. I am running the themed version and I wiped data/cache/dalvik cache as always before flashing. Anybody else having these issues?

HarleyDude
08-20-2011, 02:43 PM
Hey guys, I joined up from the sister site.Anyway, I have been having a ton of force closes and my phone has froze a few times requiring a battery pull. I am running the themed version and I wiped data/cache/dalvik cache as always before flashing. Anybody else having these issues?

It was mentioned, maybe in the SSX bug thread. Try fixing permissions and rebooting, and welcome to the forum

kochoid
08-20-2011, 03:16 PM
Just tried supercharge script option 8 Mega men 1 helps the slight lag in fly in animations.

Also, try settings ...display....animations and select some anims. It speeds up anims and they don't lag ....as much.

Wulf
08-20-2011, 03:23 PM
Also, try settings ...display....animations and select some anims. It speeds up anims and they don't lag ....as much.

I just set it to stock, more smoother, still slight lag though.

JSM9872
08-20-2011, 11:32 PM
Been running this all day today and loving it! Thanks Chevy!

And after one days use I have gotten better battery life then other 2nd-init ROMs.

Chipworkz
08-20-2011, 11:38 PM
Been running this all day today and loving it! Thanks Chevy!

And after one days use I have gotten better battery life then other 2nd-init ROMs.

I haven't tried any other 2nd init roms yet but for the 24 hours I have been running this, I would say my battery life is VERY close to what I was getting on rooted GB. It looks worse since you can see the percentages dropping down in 1% increments but overall, it has been the same or maybe even slightly better.

JSM9872
08-20-2011, 11:55 PM
Yeah it is a bit better. Only by a couple hours so far but anything is a good thing.

And I love the themed version of the ROM. I have seen him post on more then one occasion that hes not a themer but the themed version is slick.

Wulf
08-21-2011, 12:07 AM
Yeah it is a bit better. Only by a couple hours so far but anything is a good thing.

And I love the themed version of the ROM. I have seen him post on more then one occasion that hes not a themer but the themed version is slick.

I haven't tried the unthemed one, but I like the themed one. I'm enjoying decent battery life, 12 hours and 11% left.

JSM9872
08-21-2011, 12:19 AM
Yeah right now I'm on 17 hr 50 mins with 22%. I would say with moderate use. Others I would probably be on about 14 hrs with same %.

Not that battery on 2nd-init bother me, well worth it IMO. Just commenting.

MICHO
08-21-2011, 01:01 AM
Haha. Battery life what's that?? I ride this dx like I stole it! The test for me is when I put it down overnight how much it drops without me touching the poor thing. Looking great so far..

griz.droidx
08-21-2011, 01:57 PM
Haha. Battery life what's that?? I ride this dx like I stole it! The test for me is when I put it down overnight how much it drops without me touching the poor thing. Looking great so far..

I agree, I always like to keep it off the charger at least once overnight to see how much it drops while idle. Most all of the 2nd Init rom's have had about the same battery life while doing stuff like gaming, re-installing apps, etc.

So far, I'm really liking this rom. I'd like to see a screen shot of the non-themed version. Is it stock aosp themed, like what it would be if you compiled and left it alone? The theme color ain't my favorite, but the theme itself is awesome and complete. Fantastic! I should note I never tried the first one, as far as source based roms, its been CM7, Liquid 2.6, and MIUI(for about 15 minutes).

I really liked the extra settings in liquid. Man, SSX smokes those extra customizable settings 5 or 6 car lengths. Guess, I'm gonna have to run this one for a few days and give it a fair shake. As far as CM7/source based roms, I've stayed on CM7 nightlies (last was 62), and liquid 2.6. Gotta go do some more reading about this rom. And I need to try some metamorphs. Even though I like this blue, as far as blue theme's go this one is one of the best I've seen. But I prefer green or red. But I'll only use other themes, if I can make them as complete as what he's done with his.

This rom really is Simply Stunning. Being that his screen name is Chevy... I figured ssx was from a Chevy car of some kind. I don't think Camaro's(sp?) come a ssx trim level. Only SS. Pretty sure Chevy makes something with ssx in the name or trim level. Not bashing Chevy(the brand), I've been a fan of #14 since he ran the twin Indy 500/Coke 600 races and finished like 4th and 6th in those in the same day.

Nice rom man.

HarleyDude
08-21-2011, 02:11 PM
I figured ssx was from a Chevy car of some kind. I don't think Camaro's(sp?) come a ssx trim level. Only SS. Pretty sure Chevy makes something with ssx in the name or trim level. Not bashing Chevy(the brand), I've been a fan of #14 since he ran the twin Indy 500/Coke 600 races and finished like 4th and 6th in those in the same day.

Nice rom man.

griz, wanna see the car??
Go to settings>about phone and tap rapidly on android version...

griz.droidx
08-21-2011, 02:23 PM
Thanks harley, I knew it was in there from the old ssx thread but didn't remember how you found it.

Also, I came from CM7, I wiped data, cache, dalvik(is that necessary since I wiped cache? or is it a separate mounting point in android?), and battery stats.

Now I can't find market anywhere. How do I get the market app??? I tried flashing a custom market app that was supposed to be 3.??.27 or .37, and was supposed to be blue when I flashed, it said something about SSX and chevy so it must have been made for the older ssx. How can I get market back, I know I can probably download it somewhere but it wasn't there after I flashed and still isn't there.

Never mind about the market. I hadn't added my google account. Weird as it sounds, as soon as I added my google account info in Accounts under settings, it showed up in the app drawer.

JSM9872
08-21-2011, 07:05 PM
griz, wanna see the car??
Go to settings>about phone and tap rapidly on android version...

Haha I didn't know about that. Unfortunately now I'm tempted to tap on everything repeatedly to see if I can find anything else...

aramiscrimson
08-21-2011, 08:42 PM
Here is my battery life from today with heavy use

jwalz
08-21-2011, 08:58 PM
Here is my battery life from today with heavy use

What battery do u have

hmmmmm what shall I flash today? I feel simply stunning. lets try that

HarleyDude
08-21-2011, 09:33 PM
Thanks harley, I knew it was in there from the old ssx thread but didn't remember how you found it.

Also, I came from CM7, I wiped data, cache, dalvik(is that necessary since I wiped cache? or is it a separate mounting point in android?), and battery stats.

Now I can't find market anywhere. How do I get the market app??? I tried flashing a custom market app that was supposed to be 3.??.27 or .37, and was supposed to be blue when I flashed, it said something about SSX and chevy so it must have been made for the older ssx. How can I get market back, I know I can probably download it somewhere but it wasn't there after I flashed and still isn't there.

Never mind about the market. I hadn't added my google account. Weird as it sounds, as soon as I added my google account info in Accounts under settings, it showed up in the app drawer.

The dalvik cache is part of the data partition, so it shouldn't be necessary if wiping data, but for the extra 15 seconds, don't skip it. Ya wanna always follow dev instructions to the letter! And since I took so long to answer, I'm not answering the market part LOL

HarleyDude
08-21-2011, 09:34 PM
Haha I didn't know about that. Unfortunately now I'm tempted to tap on everything repeatedly to see if I can find anything else...

That is the only one we know about, so if ya do find another, let us know

aramiscrimson
08-21-2011, 09:37 PM
The stock one that came with the phone no extended battery here

The persuader
08-21-2011, 10:08 PM
HD...

Notice 2 choices with SSDX...theirs a 2.1 and 2.1.1...

If Im a betting Man the V-2.2.1 will be the choice for Flashing...Reason is...Help me Here...is I am on Miui 2.3.5 and this V is for 2.3.5...

Yes!!!!

Thanks HD...

Its Bubba

aramiscrimson
08-21-2011, 10:26 PM
Huh? I lost me there

griz.droidx
08-21-2011, 10:39 PM
HD...

Notice 2 choices with SSDX...theirs a 2.1 and 2.1.1...

If Im a betting Man the V-2.2.1 will be the choice for Flashing...Reason is...Help me Here...is I am on Miui 2.3.5 and this V is for 2.3.5...

Yes!!!!

Thanks HD...

Its Bubba

I just looked at the OP where did you find 2.1.1? I only see 2.1 themed and not themed

n0madtanks
08-21-2011, 10:58 PM
Looks sick, doing a back up now.... hoping to be running at super speed in the next 15... Thanks for all the work you do!!!

wrightperspective
08-22-2011, 02:45 AM
I have tried CyanogenMod7 and Shuji but this is definitely the smoothest and fastest Rom to date!

rruready
08-22-2011, 08:14 AM
Anyone have an md5sum of the 2.1 update (the full rom, not the "unturned")?

rruready
08-22-2011, 08:15 AM
Ugh...I meant unthemed...and no winky face lol

griz.droidx
08-22-2011, 12:22 PM
Greetings, I was trying to apply a theme with theme chooser and it fc'd. Tried several times and the result was the same, rebooted and still the same. This is using the themed version, which as I stated before is beautiful if you prefer blue. I wanted to use the eyecandy or red passion that I've been using on every other CM7 based rom I've tried. I'm gonna try the unthemed version without wiping data, I'm only gonna wipe dalvik and cache. I'll post the results. I would have posted this in the bug thread but, since people first getting the rom might need to know this I figured I'd put it here.

Also why does it say partially uploaded? Perhaps that was at the time of the op?

timfromthegym
08-22-2011, 01:24 PM
does wifi tether work with this rom?

I am getting ready to sbf from liberty GB 0.7 to install this one. My main complaint with liberty GB 0.7 is that there is no wifi

ChevyNo1
08-22-2011, 01:48 PM

I am getting ready to sbf from liberty GB 0.7 to install this one. My main complaint with liberty GB 0.7 is that there is no wifi

Yes it does, and it is SUPPOSED to be included in the ROM - yet it looks like somehow it got missed!! 2.0.7 seems to work just fine for me.

ChevyNo1
08-22-2011, 01:50 PM
Greetings, I was trying to apply a theme with theme chooser and it fc'd. Tried several times and the result was the same, rebooted and still the same. This is using the themed version, which as I stated before is beautiful if you prefer blue. I wanted to use the eyecandy or red passion that I've been using on every other CM7 based rom I've tried. I'm gonna try the unthemed version without wiping data, I'm only gonna wipe dalvik and cache. I'll post the results. I would have posted this in the bug thread but, since people first getting the rom might need to know this I figured I'd put it here.

Also why does it say partially uploaded? Perhaps that was at the time of the op?

What exactly is fc'ing? Try to capture with alogcat if you can and send to me, chevyno1 dot droid at gmail.

I'll update the OP - that was just at the time of the OP and is not correct.

Zog
08-22-2011, 01:50 PM

Why don't u use .9? I used Wugfresh's tether patch, works great. Wifi does work?

timfromthegym
08-22-2011, 02:34 PM
Yes it does, and it is SUPPOSED to be included in the ROM - yet it looks like somehow it got missed!! 2.0.7 seems to work just fine for me.

WOW... this rom is so smooth. nice work Chevy

sithlrdvad
08-22-2011, 03:43 PM
I am currently running ApeX RC2 GB.596, however I have the new radio .13 and the new kernel from the new GB .602...

Noob questions:

Looks like I have to go back to Froyo to installed this ROM correct?

Does this ROM come with the new radio and new kernel?

Thank you!

TideFan22
08-22-2011, 03:49 PM
you can flash from apex if u use the prep.zip It's not gonna come with the kernel its a 2nd init rom, but u, can flash the new radio.

TideFan22
08-22-2011, 03:49 PM
Here's the radio. http://db.tt/urzCfoT

griz.droidx
08-22-2011, 03:52 PM
What exactly is fc'ing? Try to capture with alogcat if you can and send to me, chevyno1 dot droid at gmail.

I'll update the OP - that was just at the time of the OP and is not correct.

Force Closing. The theme chooser app would force close when I tried to select a theme on the themed build.

I would have sent alogcat if I still was on the themed rom. I installed the unthemed version after clearing dalvik cache and cache(I'm sure that includes dalvik, but I cleared it separately anyway). Now I am able to install theme's just fine. I really liked the theme, just ain't my fav color. Still its the best looking stock theme of any rom out there. I like the DSX look, but man, this theme is super complete, and the rom is spectacular so far!

Thanks a bunch for your hard work and for sharing it!

I just figured you'd wanna add that you can't add theme's when using the themed version to the OP. Not sure if its a bug or made that way which is why I'm posting in here.

sithlrdvad
08-22-2011, 03:55 PM
you can flash from apex if u use the prep.zip It's not gonna come with the kernel its a 2nd init rom, but u, can flash the new radio.

Thanks. I CANNOT live without the new radio.

My cell phone, for some reason, has way better reception on this new radio than before. My house "Temple of Doom for all Cell Phone Carriers" was giving me really bad reception, but with the new radio full bars!!

Thank you!!

TeeX
08-22-2011, 04:24 PM
for some reason I thought SSX came with the "spare parts" app, but now I can't find it. I know I had it on CM7 and OMFGB, but now it's not in my app drawer with SSX.

Have I missed something, accidentally deleted it somehow, or something else?

JSM9872
08-22-2011, 04:32 PM
for some reason I thought SSX came with the "spare parts" app, but now I can't find it. I know I had it on CM7 and OMFGB, but now it's not in my app drawer with SSX.

Have I missed something, accidentally deleted it somehow, or something else?

I have a feeling much of the finctions he has incorporated into his settings but its been so long since I used it that I dont remember.

Its not included in the ROM but you can download it in the market place.

timfromthegym
08-22-2011, 05:05 PM
When I installed, a bunch of apps were missing. In the description you say you include "ADW and Sony are included. A few other things that are included - Google Apps, including Maps and Street View. Also included - aLogcat and QuickPic."

I didn't get any of that. Well, with the exception of ADW. Not a problem, but I hoping that I'm not missing other parts...

JSM9872
08-22-2011, 05:15 PM
Not sure what happened. I got all of those to install. Maybe try flashing the rom again without wiping to see if they install this time.

ChevyNo1
08-22-2011, 05:47 PM
Force Closing. The theme chooser app would force close when I tried to select a theme on the themed build.

I would have sent alogcat if I still was on the themed rom. I installed the unthemed version after clearing dalvik cache and cache(I'm sure that includes dalvik, but I cleared it separately anyway). Now I am able to install theme's just fine. I really liked the theme, just ain't my fav color. Still its the best looking stock theme of any rom out there. I like the DSX look, but man, this theme is super complete, and the rom is spectacular so far!

Thanks a bunch for your hard work and for sharing it!

I just figured you'd wanna add that you can't add theme's when using the themed version to the OP. Not sure if its a bug or made that way which is why I'm posting in here.

Interesting - running the themed build, I have no issues switching to either Androidian or Cyanbread - what theme are you trying? Do all themes fail? Could just be an issue with the theme itself. And if not - the themeswitcher app itself is CM's ... not something I wrote. Let me know if other themes work!

ChevyNo1
08-22-2011, 05:49 PM
When I installed, a bunch of apps were missing. In the description you say you include "ADW and Sony are included. A few other things that are included - Google Apps, including Maps and Street View. Also included - aLogcat and QuickPic."

I didn't get any of that. Well, with the exception of ADW. Not a problem, but I hoping that I'm not missing other parts...

What recovery are you running? Did you wipe AFTER the install? Those apps should be installed to /data - so only those two things I mentioned could affect whether they get installed or not ...

ChevyNo1
08-22-2011, 05:50 PM
I have a feeling much of the finctions he has incorporated into his settings but its been so long since I used it that I dont remember.

Its not included in the ROM but you can download it in the market place.

That mistakenly got missed with this build - but as mentioned - the market version is present, and actually has more functionality than the AOSP version - therefore better!

TeeX
08-22-2011, 06:08 PM
That mistakenly got missed with this build - but as mentioned - the market version is present, and actually has more functionality than the AOSP version - therefore better!

thanks Chevy!
I just hafta say, I've been on CM7 since it came out, sprinkled with your first version of SSX, OMFGB, and MIUI, but this new version of SSX is loads better than ANY of them!

No all-in-one fixes to install, gapps included, GPS, wifi, and 3G all have strong signals, and everything runs awesome! Really a great job!! Thank you so much for your work!
:)

TeeX
08-22-2011, 06:09 PM
oh!
just curious - the only thing I'm missing is the awesome MIUI-style battery bar. Any chance we could see that in a future build, or even a flashable zip? That would be awesome!

leffer00
08-22-2011, 06:12 PM
Great job Chevy!
I updated from ssx 2.0 by simply wiping cache, dalvik and battery stats. Then I flashed 2.1 over it flawlessly!

How do you use the built in screenshot tool? I'm confused, I don't see it anywhere?

Also, has anyone had the ssx blue themed icons go back to default once there was an update for the app? That happened with a couple of my Apps, like the gmail app.

Thanks!

-leffer

Sent from my DROIDX

TideFan22
08-22-2011, 06:20 PM
Any update on the new battery icons chevy? I remember seeing where kc5tdr was making new ones cause the numbers every now and again would go black.

rickw
08-22-2011, 07:12 PM
Hi,this can be flashed over Liquid 2.6 correct?

Brad92
08-22-2011, 07:14 PM
Hi,this can be flashed over Liquid 2.6 correct?

Yes. Just wipe data/cache/dalvik cache.

Random ROM'd X

The persuader
08-22-2011, 07:18 PM
You're Chevvy is Looking Good Dude...I call it "The 57 Chevvvy"...Going along for the Ride...

Awesome Job!!!

Its Bubba

rickw
08-22-2011, 07:21 PM
Thanks for fast reply

aramiscrimson
08-22-2011, 08:29 PM
Well.. If anyone wants to see day 2battery life with moderate to heavy use... Here it is 21665

JSM9872
08-22-2011, 09:29 PM
Any update on the new battery icons chevy? I remember seeing where kc3tr was making new ones cause the numbers every now and again would go black.

It was posted in the bug thread that they were done yesterday but I just went over there to check and there wasnt a zip to flash or anything so I am not sure how we would get them yet.

Scrapy McSlappy
08-22-2011, 09:40 PM
Any update on the new battery icons chevy? I remember seeing where kc3tr was making new ones cause the numbers every now and again would go black.

Hey Tide & JSM, I have finished them and sent them to Chevy.

Here is what they look like:

We will have to wait for Chevy to make an flashable zip though as I have no Idea how to do that yet.

ChevyNo1
08-22-2011, 09:56 PM
yep, kc5tdr (http://www.droidxforums.com/forum/members/27361.html) got them to me yesterday - will take a look at creating a zip file very soon for you all!

JSM9872
08-22-2011, 11:55 PM
Hey Tide & JSM, I have finished them and sent them to Chevy.

Here is what they look like:

We will have to wait for Chevy to make an flashable zip though as I have no Idea how to do that yet.

yep, kc5tdr (http://www.droidxforums.com/forum/members/27361.html) got them to me yesterday - will take a look at creating a zip file very soon for you all!

Thanks guys and no worries. I am lovin the ROM so a couple battery icons is a non-existent issue to me :big smile:

Xelios
08-23-2011, 03:07 AM
I'm curious. Since this is a 2nd-init ROM, I can flash other CM7 themes over it right? I really want to try this rom, but I'm not a fan of the color blue.

bleedgreen
08-23-2011, 03:16 AM
I need the 2.0 zip download!
I have the 2.1 update, but every time I flash it via CWR notta nothing. That was when I was running miui 19. I'm on darkslide right now. Tried three times. Someone suggested going from 2.0 then to 2.1, or simply sbf then flash update. Want to try 2.0 way first.
Any suggestions?
(btw I left miui cause alot of glitches with obtaining WIFI. Im not the only one with that problem)

Nemo aeternamn
08-23-2011, 04:25 AM
I need the 2.0 zip download!
I have the 2.1 update, but every time I flash it via CWR notta nothing. That was when I was running miui 19. I'm on darkslide right now. Tried three times. Someone suggested going from 2.0 then to 2.1, or simply sbf then flash update. Want to try 2.0 way first.
Any suggestions?
(btw I left miui cause alot of glitches with obtaining WIFI. Im not the only one with that problem)

You should be able to just flash from stock...
And you need the froyo kernel as it is a 2nd init rom

bleedgreen
08-23-2011, 04:38 AM
You should be able to just flash from stock...
And you need the froyo kernel as it is a 2nd init rom

So having the 2.1 update zip is ok?
I don't have the stock zip.
That's what I think I need, the stock 2.0(which I DONT have)

JSM9872
08-23-2011, 05:54 AM
So having the 2.1 update zip is ok?
I don't have the stock zip.
That's what I think I need, the stock 2.0(which I DONT have)

You shouldn't need the 2.0 file at all. If you are on any gb rom, you said you were on darkslide, just grab the prep zip and the 2.1 file from the op. Then follow instructions under step 3 I believe it was.

However, I haven't tried flashing it with Chevy's prep zip method so I can't comment on how well it does or doesn't work. If it doesn't work you will probably need to sbf since you are on a gb rom now.

JSM9872
08-23-2011, 05:56 AM
I'm curious. Since this is a 2nd-init ROM, I can flash other CM7 themes over it right? I really want to try this rom, but I'm not a fan of the color blue.

Yes you can use the cm7 themes. I read some people have had trouble getting them to stick. But I have been using them with no problems.

HarleyDude
08-23-2011, 07:06 AM

Or you can go into ChevyNo1 Tools>Colors and change the blue to something more your liking

Xelios
08-23-2011, 11:47 AM
Alright, thanks to the both of you. Never used SSX before, didn't know there was an option to change colors. That's a pretty awesome feature.

RubberDucker
08-23-2011, 03:38 PM
First time on SSX. Looks great! Came from OMFGB. Liking what I see. Did a total wipe. Apps are installing now... then I'll take this out for a spin! Thanks Chevy!

bleedgreen
08-23-2011, 03:51 PM
You shouldn't need the 2.0 file at all. If you are on any gb rom, you said you were on darkslide, just grab the prep zip and the 2.1 file from the op. Then follow instructions under step 3 I believe it was.

However, I haven't tried flashing it with Chevy's prep zip method so I can't comment on how well it does or doesn't work. If it doesn't work you will probably need to sbf since you are on a gb rom now.

Im in thanks.
Now I'm having issues updating. LOL tried the quick way rom said couldn't execute. Wondering if I did something wrong.

RubberDucker
08-23-2011, 04:01 PM
Loving the Scripts! Nice!

JSM9872
08-23-2011, 04:03 PM
Alright, thanks to the both of you. Never used SSX before, didn't know there was an option to change colors. That's a pretty awesome feature.

No problem! And it is pretty cool. You can change the text colors on the notification bar and pulldown, the lockscreen, and the alarm clock.

To get rid of all the blue icons etc you will still need to employ a cm7 theme though.

JSM9872
08-23-2011, 04:04 PM
Im in thanks.
Now I'm having issues updating. LOL tried the quick way rom said couldn't execute. Wondering if I did something wrong.

Was it the radio error you mean? I only ask because I think I read it in the op that it may happen. If not that then I'm not sure what would cause it to not execute. Someone else will have to chime in with more info for us.

bleedgreen
08-23-2011, 04:12 PM
Was it the radio error you mean? I only ask because I think I read it in the op that it may happen. If not that then I'm not sure what would cause it to not execute. Someone else will have to chime in with more info for us.

Oh not sure if it was the radio. I remember reading that too. Not sure if it was the radio just said couldn't execute, now I'm no rom scientist so I didn't see it saying radio jargon, just said couldn't execute. Now if that's what it will say BC of the radio issue and NOT really specifically "saying " it, then perhaps I will try it again.
Yea, like you said, anyone with more info please chime in.

HarleyDude
08-23-2011, 04:43 PM
Any update on the new battery icons chevy? I remember seeing where kc5tdr was making new ones cause the numbers every now and again would go black.

KC posted it in the bug thread post #81
http://www.droidxforums.com/forum/chevyno1/35099-ssx-2-1-bug-thread-5.html

griz.droidx
08-23-2011, 05:47 PM
Interesting - running the themed build, I have no issues switching to either Androidian or Cyanbread - what theme are you trying? Do all themes fail? Could just be an issue with the theme itself. And if not - the themeswitcher app itself is CM's ... not something I wrote. Let me know if other themes work!

Thanks for taking time to reply. I don't know, but after switching to the non-themed version, I started having trouble connecting to my wifi at home. I had no problems before on the themed build. So today, while working in the field I charged my phone, and again wiped dalvik cache and cache, then installed the themed version. Guess what, the old theme that I had applied from the non-themed version was still there. And I tried switching themes just now and it went back to your beautiful blue theme, and back to the beautiful eyecandy theme. No Prob. Gonna check wifi tonight when I get home.

With the wifi it would see my network, and just wouldn't connect. I tried switching on and off in settings and in the pulldown power tool from status bar. Still no dice. Anyway, theme's are working now, and I'll try wifi as soon as I get home. Man it's still a great rom. I should've tried 2.0. I kept up with the thread for quite a while but never tried it. Everyone was talking about how awesome it was. They weren't kidding. Your theme, your custom tools, all of it is 100% Grade A Prime. Gotta do some donating as soon as I get a few bills out of the way..

TideFan22
08-23-2011, 06:27 PM
KC posted it in the bug thread post #81
http://www.droidxforums.com/forum/chevyno1/35099-ssx-2-1-bug-thread-5.html

Yeah I know I helped him test them out yesterday they look nice

DeeDubbzZ
08-23-2011, 06:31 PM
Hey guys, first posts here...usually at Rootz. But anyway, I'm have the same problem with wifi as the poster above. Sees my network, won't connect and just says "Disconnected". Not sure if it matters but I flashed the .13 radio.

Scrapy McSlappy
08-23-2011, 07:16 PM
Hey guys, first posts here...usually at Rootz. But anyway, I'm have the same problem with wifi as the poster above. Sees my network, won't connect and just says "Disconnected". Not sure if it matters but I flashed the .13 radio.

Are ya'll running the 3g supercharger script? That is the same problem I have when I try to run that script. If so do not use the script and it works fine. Zeppelinrox is aware of the problem I have been haveing. Hopefully he can come up with a fix.

Scrapy McSlappy
08-23-2011, 07:17 PM
Yeah I know I helped him test them out yesterday they look nice

Definitly big Thanks to you Tide for being my test subject.....lol

DeeDubbzZ
08-23-2011, 08:19 PM
Are ya'll running the 3g supercharger script? That is the same problem I have when I try to run that script. If so do not use the script and it works fine. Zeppelinrox is aware of the problem I have been haveing. Hopefully he can come up with a fix.

Bingo! Thank you, sir.

Scrapy McSlappy
08-23-2011, 08:21 PM
no problem. There seems to be a problem with the script and SSX.

griz.droidx
08-23-2011, 08:37 PM
Ok, Got all the theme engine stuff lined out. I didn't know what the issue was. I can tell you that I was coming from CM7, was using the new 13 radio, wiped data/factory reset, cache, dalvik, and dalvik cache, oh and battery stats although that probably isn't needed since I think it generates one when you install a new rom. Anywho, I tried applying themes to no avail. So I tried the other rom, the unthemed one. This one let me change theme's just fine. I thought wifi was messed up on that one. (more on the wifi issue after a word from our sponsor...)

Re-installed the themed rom thinking well, at least I'll have wifi and the blue theme is pretty awesome even though its blue. This would have worked if I still had the 69 Mach I in sapphire blue but I don't. So I like red now. Anyway still having wifi issues, I thought humm, I've been having isp problems. So I tried to access a network share with a samba tool. Voila nothing was wrong with wifi to begin with. And now I can use the blue theme if I want to.

Now about the supercharger thing. Not sure if it's needed, I use it. His settings I've noticed are a bit higher than stock I think, but not as high as the megamem on V6. I was running V6 before on #8. Now, I'm home, I know the internet is working because I'm on DroidXforums. I know it works on my phone because I can access the market w/o issue. As well as browsing. My phone should be rebooted after re-applying V6 option 8 during the word from our sponsor. Okay, networking is fine as I expected. Samba, and internet access is fine.

Disregard my earlier wifi complaint. All is good in on the Simply Stunning X 2.1.

Sorry Chevy, you're awesome, But I can't bring myself to calling it SSX. LOL Makes me look too much like a Chevy man. Although to be hones, I've had 2 lowered S-10's, and two Cav Z-24's. One with the 3.1 mild mods. Guess I'm sort of a Chevy guy after all. Nothing like a lowerd S-10 with a newer 350 and a 6 speed in it. Great handling with the right setup, and it all out hauls.

Nice looking Camero BTW. I like that your tires still have some meat on them, not too low of a profile. I like the wheels too. Those would look good and probably fit an S-10.

Thanks again for this awesome work of art man. "Your an Bleep Bleep Artist yo!" to quote Jesse Pinkman from breaking bad, when speaking of Walter White's recently cooked almost 100% pure Meth. LOL

TeeX
08-23-2011, 08:43 PM
hey Chevy, this rom is awesome! It's the only rom that has been able to get me off CM7 for any length of time. I'm here to stay! :)

the only thing I'm missing is the super slick MIUI-style battery bar. Any chance we could see that in a future build, or even a flashable zip? That would be awesome!

thanks again!

wrightperspective
08-24-2011, 08:47 AM
I noticed my camcorder wasn't working so I tried to apply the old fix for CM4DX and that actually screwed up the settings on the camera. Is there a camcorder fix or do I just need to reflash the rom to get this back to the way it was? Can I reverse an install?

If I need to reflash the rom, do I need to clear data, etc since I am on the same rom now?

griz.droidx
08-24-2011, 09:09 AM
hey Chevy, this rom is awesome! It's the only rom that has been able to get me off CM7 for any length of time. I'm here to stay! :)

the only thing I'm missing is the super slick MIUI-style battery bar. Any chance we could see that in a future build, or even a flashable zip? That would be awesome!

thanks again!

Me too, this is the only rom that has got me off liquid and CM7. It's just too cool.

@wrightperspective, My camcorder works fine. I didn't apply any CM7 fixes. You don't have to apply those. You could see what those fixes change by opening the zip, then get rid of those files, then reflash SSX after a cache and dalvik wipe.

LordButt
08-24-2011, 10:12 AM
Chevy delivers a simply stunning ROM: stable, fast, feature and function rich, robust. No other ROM comes close to Chevy's. Installation is a snap from version to version. To upgrade from SSX 2.0 to 2.1 it's this simple:

Download the file to your phone.
Open Chevy Tools, click on "Scripts," then click "Other Scripts," mark "Clear Dalvik Cache," and mark "Clear Cache Partition."
Using Rom Manager ("Clockwork"), click on "Install from SD Card," and follow the instructions. Do not wipe data.

You are done without wiping your data and all your files, accounts, and passwords are intact.

Now if his instructions just said that, life would be easier for all.

ChevyNo1
08-24-2011, 10:24 AM
Chevy delivers a simply stunning ROM: stable, fast, feature and function rich, robust. No other ROM comes close to Chevy's. Installation is a snap from version to version. To upgrade from SSX 2.0 to 2.1 it's this simple:

Download the file to your phone.
Open Chevy Tools, click on "Scripts," then click "Other Scripts," mark "Clear Dalvik Cache," and mark "Clear Cache Partition."
Using Rom Manager ("Clockwork"), click on "Install from SD Card," and follow the instructions. Do not wipe data.

You are done without wiping your data and all your files, accounts, and passwords are intact.

Now if his instructions just said that, life would be easier for all.

ChevyNo1
08-24-2011, 10:25 AM
Disregard my earlier wifi complaint. All is good in on the Simply Stunning X 2.1.

Sorry Chevy, you're awesome, But I can't bring myself to calling it SSX. LOL Makes me look too much like a Chevy man. Although to be hones, I've had 2 lowered S-10's, and two Cav Z-24's. One with the 3.1 mild mods. Guess I'm sort of a Chevy guy after all. Nothing like a lowerd S-10 with a newer 350 and a 6 speed in it. Great handling with the right setup, and it all out hauls.

Nice looking Camero BTW. I like that your tires still have some meat on them, not too low of a profile. I like the wheels too. Those would look good and probably fit an S-10.

Thanks again for this awesome work of art man. "Your an Bleep Bleep Artist yo!" to quote Jesse Pinkman from breaking bad, when speaking of Walter White's recently cooked almost 100% pure Meth. LOL

Thanks man - comments much appreciated! Nothing wrong with being a chevy man ;)

ChevyNo1
08-24-2011, 10:26 AM

thanks again!

Thanks!

I think someone had asked me about this before - from what I understand, it's quite different, and if the code is not available, would be a lot of work to implement ...

ChevyNo1
08-24-2011, 10:27 AM
Me too, this is the only rom that has got me off liquid and CM7. It's just too cool.

@wrightperspective, My camcorder works fine. I didn't apply any CM7 fixes. You don't have to apply those. You could see what those fixes change by opening the zip, then get rid of those files, then reflash SSX after a cache and dalvik wipe.

No issues with my camcorder either ....

3club
08-24-2011, 11:43 AM
DAMMIT man, I love ya! lol

I just did my first rom a week ago, SSX2, and already an update! Kewl.

Battery:
I'm trying to calibrate. I did the wipe batterystats, charged from dead to 100%, and now draining. It's been 43 hours now since plugged in, and still waiting for it to die. It's been stuck at 1% remaining for the last 14 hours. Hopefully it will die today. Calibration takes FOREVER! lol, and now I'm going to have to do it all over again! :-)

Incoming:
Hey, one thing I really miss from the stock rom, when the phone would ring, it would say the name of the caller. Is there any way to get that back?

wrightperspective
08-24-2011, 12:44 PM
No issues with my camcorder either ....

Are you guys using the camcorder inside the camera app? When I flip to camcorder the screen just goes black then closes the app out. Is there another camcorder app I am not seeing?

UPDATE: I just wiped and restored the backup from when I initially got it all set up and everything works fine now. The only thing I know that I did was update the kernel previously from to .602. I wonder if that caused an issue or if it was something else. All good now.

cougar214
08-24-2011, 03:45 PM
I have a few questions. First question is since this has to be flashed from Froyo I'm assuming the new .602 GB won't be needed? I can however flash the new raio on top of this? and lastly, If I flash the unthemed version where do I go to get themes for this? I'm assuming, once again, the massive list of CM themes will work on this?

JSM9872
08-24-2011, 03:54 PM
I have a few questions. First question is since this has to be flashed from Froyo I'm assuming the new .602 GB won't be needed? I can however flash the new raio on top of this? and lastly, If I flash the unthemed version where do I go to get themes for this? I'm assuming, once again, the massive list of CM themes will work on this?

You are correct on all fronts. You do not need the new GB. You can use the new radio, although I havent tried it out personally to comment on how it is. And CM7 themes will work since it does have the theme changer. Some people have had issues getting them to stick but I havent experienced this, they seem to work fine for me.

cougar214
08-24-2011, 04:03 PM
Thanks JSM9872. One last thing before I make this jump. I'm currently on rooted GB .596. What is the update path for this? Is it wipe data, cache, dalvic, flash prep file, and then flash the update zip?

JSM9872
08-24-2011, 04:08 PM
Thanks JSM9872. One last thing before I make this jump. I'm currently on rooted GB .596. What is the update path for this? Is it wipe data, cache, dalvic, flash prep file, and then flash the update zip?

Yes that is correct. I would go back to the OP though and reread step 3 and maybe 4 as well. It mentions in there about a likely radio error message and explains how to proceed from there.

cougar214
08-24-2011, 04:09 PM
O'k, thank you again.

JSM9872
08-24-2011, 04:12 PM
No problem.

And I just realized that these were your first few posts.

Welcome to the Forum!
I am pretty new here myself

cougar214
08-24-2011, 04:20 PM
Yes. I joined up so I could keep track of Chevys SSX.....lol......And it looks sooooo worth it too.

JSM9872
08-24-2011, 04:28 PM
Same here. I was just gonna lurk at first but I figured I would just dive right in,

I figured I already follow a bunch of other forums whats another one. This one has quickly become one of my favs though. And I have a DX so it only makes sense.

R1nStang
08-24-2011, 06:58 PM
so just to clarify. I'm on Darkslide X right now4.5.596 AV 2.3.3 would I need to SBF back to froyo to install this or can I just flash the "PREP" zip then run the 2.1 UPDATE zip?

JSM9872
08-24-2011, 07:18 PM
You should be able to run the prep zip and then the 2.1 update.
Step 3 in the OP has the instructions you need.

But you could always go with old faithful and just SBF if it doesnt work out right.

cougar214
08-24-2011, 08:28 PM
O'k I have found one issue with this rom. You don't have a shortcut for voicemail. What you do have is a shortcut for visual voicemail but it's not working. Every time I click on it it tells me it's built in and wants me to uninstall it. When i try to uninstall it the thing tells me uninstall failed. So I now have no voicemail unless I go into the dialer which is the long way around. Any ideas guys?

The persuader
08-24-2011, 08:40 PM
O'k I have found one issue with this rom. You don't have a shortcut for voicemail. What you do have is a shortcut for visual voicemail but it's not working. Every time I click on it it tells me it's built in and wants me to uninstall it. When i try to uninstall it the thing tells me uninstall failed. So I now have no voicemail unless I go into the dialer which is the long way around. Any ideas guys?

Having the same issues...However, Miui has the same situation...I've gone in...Wiped Data re-entered but nothing changes...

I SBF'd Yesterday...works fine their...but not On Chevy...I'm curious too for the Remedy...Its not a Verizon Issue...For Sure...

Its Bubba

JSM9872
08-24-2011, 08:42 PM
Ok I flashed another rom earlier so forgive me if I am wrong. But open up your dialer and look in preferences. I know in some cm roms there is an option there to set 1 as a shortcut for voicemail.

cougar214
08-24-2011, 08:51 PM
Yes it does have that setting JSM. I would still prefer to have the homescreen shortcut though. And does anyone know why the VS voicemail isnt working?

The persuader
08-24-2011, 08:57 PM
Posted #155...Neither Chevy or Miui works on V-VM

Its Bubba

JSM9872
08-24-2011, 08:59 PM
Oops my bad. I misunderstood what you were looking to do. I do so much better posting from a PC lol

Sorry.

ChevyNo1
08-24-2011, 09:46 PM
While I am looking into this vvm thing - can't you add a new contact called 'Voicemail', set the number to *86, then long-press on homescreen, add 'direct-dial', select the new contact you just added? Starts dialing voicemail immediately!

HarleyDude
08-24-2011, 09:58 PM
While I am looking into this vvm thing - can't you add a new contact called 'Voicemail', set the number to *86, then long-press on homescreen, add 'direct-dial', select the new contact you just added? Starts dialing voicemail immediately!

If I can add a tip to the tip.
When you create the contact, set the phone number to *86,, <vm password>
If you add two commas and your voicemail password after the *86, you won't have to enter your password each time you call your voicemail, you just go straight to your messages

Scrapy McSlappy
08-24-2011, 09:59 PM
Awesome tip Harley!

ChevyNo1
08-24-2011, 10:03 PM
If you add two commas and your voicemail password after the *86, you won't have to enter your password each time you call your voicemail, you just go straight to your messages

Even better, thanks for the addition :)

The persuader
08-24-2011, 10:09 PM

Harley...that does work...thats how I have mine set up...I think what People may referring to is When you go to Visual Voice to Listen to the message left...for some reason it doesnt download to Visual VM...but does go into the message box...I doesnt allow you to listen so its forces us to choose *86,,,1 and the last 4 digits of you phone number...

Thats my only Issue...and Yes you have to set up In Contacts a Voicemail Contact to Identify Voicemail...

My .02 cents worth..

Its Bubba

ChevyNo1
08-24-2011, 10:12 PM
On the vvm thing - I assume this is Verizon Visual Voicemail? ie. this one:

VVM (https://market.android.com/details?id=com.vzw.vvm.androidclient)

Since my phone is not hooked up - I can't tell if it's working - but I was able to download/install from the market. Is it failing after that?? Is it giving any errors? Can anyone try the following steps to see if this fixes it (enter this in terminal, or use ADB):

su
cd /system
sysrw
sed -i "s/ro.HorizontalBUA=true/ro.HorizontalBUA=false/g" build.prop
sed -i "s/ro.HorizontalVVM=true/ro.HorizontalVVM=false/g" build.prop
sysrw
reboot

The persuader
08-24-2011, 10:18 PM
Chevy...

The one that you are downloading will not install...Because Verizon has a Voicemail built into the system...

We do receive the Voice Mail to the Message Box...but when you go to the Voicemail Icon (green) you'll see the the message left...When you choose the caller to listen to... it will say you did not download VM properly...

Its Bubba

On the vvm thing - I assume this is Verizon Visual Voicemail? ie. this one:

VVM (https://market.android.com/details?id=com.vzw.vvm.androidclient)

Since my phone is not hooked up - I can't tell if it's working - but I was able to download/install from the market. Is it failing after that??

ChevyNo1
08-24-2011, 10:55 PM
Chevy...

The one that you are downloading will not install...Because Verizon has a Voicemail built into the system...

We do receive the Voice Mail to the Message Box...but when you go to the Voicemail Icon (green) you'll see the the message left...When you choose the caller to listen to... it will say you did not download VM properly...

Its Bubba

What I said to type into terminal/ADB will allow that to be downloaded and installed ... and as a matter of fact, it may even fix your error with your current VVM

The persuader
08-24-2011, 11:14 PM
Chevy...

I will try it out...This will be the first time stepping into this Terminal Arena...That said...I will not allow me to enter in Terminal sysrw...Just so you know...

What I said to type into terminal/ADB will allow that to be downloaded and installed ... and as a matter of fact, it may even fix your error with your current VVM

wireman2161
08-24-2011, 11:17 PM
This is my first 2init rom I gotta say I'm love'n it. Its supper fast and smooth no problems yet.I got a couple of questions I installed the themed version does that mean i cant instal other themes? also i read in this thread that cm themes in theme chooser are compatible in the theme chooser app there are three different types which should i use hdpi, mdpi, or ldpi ? whats the differance?

PeakyBoo
08-25-2011, 06:44 AM

Nice one guyz ty both. :-)

PBzDX
"Cheers to the freaken weekend...!"

ChrisAult2004
08-25-2011, 12:07 PM
My initial impression is that it is the best boot animation i've ever seen lol. so I like it, super smooth and responsive... I've become a flash addict... last week I was on MIUI, then I went to Liberty GB now I'm on SSX....

JSM9872
08-25-2011, 01:07 PM
This is my first 2init rom I gotta say I'm love'n it. Its supper fast and smooth no problems yet.I got a couple of questions I installed the themed version does that mean i cant instal other themes? also i read in this thread that cm themes in theme chooser are compatible in the theme chooser app there are three different types which should i use hdpi, mdpi, or ldpi ? whats the differance?

Sorry for the delayed answer. Yes you can use the cm7 themes from the theme changer eventhough you are on the themed version. Just look for the hdpi ones, which most of them in the market should be anyway but just check to make sure.

cougar214
08-25-2011, 02:57 PM
I got the VVM sorted out. I just downloaded the updated one from the market and it works fine now. But alas, VZW wants to charge $2.99 a month for it and I am on a prepaid service so it won't work anyway. Bummer. But hey, that's life.

On another note, I am loving this rom chevy. The only thing I have found wanting so far is battery life. My battery is draining really really fast. I'm hoping at this point it's just doing that because i'm still messin with settings and tweaking everything around. Right now my battery is draining 5% an hour and i'm not doing anything.

wireman2161
08-25-2011, 05:58 PM
Thanks JSM! looks like im going theme shoping then

JSM9872
08-25-2011, 09:20 PM
No problem! And good luck, there are tons of great themes out there which makes me switch set ups constantly it seems :big smile:

And on a side not I noticed now that I am on my PC that you are new to the site so... Welcome!!

cougar214
08-25-2011, 11:13 PM
Is there anything I can do to improve battery life?.......or maybe I have to wait a few days for it to settle in a bit?.......other than the fast battery drain this rom is the BEST.....I absolutly love the way this runs. Fast, stable, and pleanty of themes and settings to tweak. This is nothing less than amazing work Chevy.

3club
08-26-2011, 08:27 AM
Is there anything I can do to improve battery life?.......or maybe I have to wait a few days for it to settle in a bit?.......other than the fast battery drain this rom is the BEST.....I absolutly love the way this runs. Fast, stable, and pleanty of themes and settings to tweak. This is nothing less than amazing work Chevy.

Is it the actual life you're having problems with, or the reported life?

I tried to calibrate after flashing to SSX2.0, and it took 45 hours to drain, so I'm loving the great life, but calibration didn't help. Mine will fall to 1% after a few hours, but still have 3.8v, and will continue to live at 1% for another 12 hours. So if I were to believe reported life remaining, I'd say it sucks, but the actual life I'm loving very much.

Note, I am sort of cheating. I have extended batteries and an external charger. I never plug the phone in anymore. I just swap in a fresh cell in the morning, and I'm good for another day plus some. I'm told that I never will be able to calibrate an extended battery, but if anyone knows how, I'm all ears.

Chevy is #1!

Xelios
08-26-2011, 10:01 AM
Wow, this ROM is pretty amazing. I was just about settled with CM7, it's a good thing I switched over. It's just so damn smooth, it's incredible. I'm definitely sticking with this one.

3club
08-26-2011, 10:10 AM
Wow, this ROM is pretty amazing. I was just about settled with CM7, it's a good thing I switched over. It's just so damn smooth, it's incredible. I'm definitely sticking with this one.

Did you do the themed or unthemed? I'm not sure what the difference is, thought maybe I'd try them both. Can I just switch back and forth between the two to find out? What would be the process? I'm downloading them both now, hope to update this evening. Currently on SSX2.0.

JSM9872
08-26-2011, 11:48 AM
Did you do the themed or unthemed? I'm not sure what the difference is, thought maybe I'd try them both. Can I just switch back and forth between the two to find out? What would be the process? I'm downloading them both now, hope to update this evening. Currently on SSX2.0.

The unthemed is basically just stock GB with some variations but not many. Dont know examples of what off hand but the last version of unthemed I used just had a different battery icon. The themed version is all blue. And I do mean ALL blue, but IMO it is very well done. My suggestion would be flash the themed version and if you dont like it you could just use the theme changer and install anything you would like to.

Either way you could switch between them pretty easily. If you have the themed one installed then just flash the unthemed one without wiping anything except maybe cache, or the other way around depending on which you install first. Basically just like you would flash an update.zip theme.

cougar214
08-26-2011, 01:03 PM
3club, I cant really tell you which(reported/actual) because my battery drains even while i'm not doing anything with the phone. It sits idle most of the time and every time I turn the screen on it is down another 1% and once it's down to about 40% or so I throw it on the charger. I even installed a few battery savers. The latest one i'm using is juice defender. These are having no effect at all on battery life.

I have tweaked all the settings I can but still got the bad battery life. I even tried to set the battery mode to night saver but there doesn't appear to be a battery mode in this build. I don't know what to do. I really love this rom and it would be a shame to have to sbf back to .596 but I cant afford this battery drain.

Xelios
08-26-2011, 01:44 PM

Went for the unthemed one. Just not a fan of the color blue. I doubt either are very different apart from appearance though.

Anyway I guess I spoke a little too soon. Right after I posted that, my phone had a force reboot and the battery dropped about 12-15 percent. No big deal, probably one of my apps started hogging memory. Yesterday I went about 16 hours on 30 percent, so I'm not holding it against the ROM.

wrightperspective
08-26-2011, 02:29 PM
Yeah, I don't know what's going on. The camcorder wasn't working so I restored a backup a few days ago and it worked. Now it's not working again. When I flip it over to camcorder the screen just goes black. Then when I try to move it back to camera, it comes up with an error message.

I can't think of any apps I have installed or anything that has been done. Any ideas?

leffer00
08-26-2011, 03:07 PM
I installed the themed version.
If I use the theme chooser to install a theme, can you install the default blue ssx theme in chooser after?

-leffer

Sent from my DROIDX

JSM9872
08-26-2011, 03:14 PM
I installed the themed version.
If I use the theme chooser to install a theme, can you install the default blue ssx theme in chooser after?

-leffer

Sent from my DROIDX

Yes you can. Just select "system" from within the choser and you're good to go.

vudugan
08-26-2011, 06:15 PM
First time trying this rom and it's "Simply Stunning!" I had issues with cm7 and miui as far as gps and bt and other little quirks but those issues aren't effecting me here. When I took a picture with Vignette, I was blown away at the dramatic change in speed. It's very well put together and I Thank You!!!

3club
08-26-2011, 11:39 PM
3club, I cant really tell you which(reported/actual) because my battery drains even while i'm not doing anything with the phone. It sits idle most of the time and every time I turn the screen on it is down another 1% and once it's down to about 40% or so I throw it on the charger. I even installed a few battery savers. The latest one i'm using is juice defender. These are having no effect at all on battery life.

I have tweaked all the settings I can but still got the bad battery life. I even tried to set the battery mode to night saver but there doesn't appear to be a battery mode in this build. I don't know what to do. I really love this rom and it would be a shame to have to sbf back to .596 but I cant afford this battery drain.

I suggest an app called Battery Monitor Widget. No, none of them are effective in increasing your life, in my experience, but BMW is the best I've found at telling you about your battery. The "nominal" voltage of lithium ion is 3.7. I've recently been paying more attention to voltage than reported "remaining" percentage. At 3.7v, I consider the battery to be half used, even though the phone says almost dead.

Newber
08-26-2011, 11:45 PM
Got this ROM running and I really like it, but I am having an issue with the ROM resetting by itself. I will have everything just the way I want it and then I get a reboot..
All of my apps are gone and the ADW launcher is back active.

I love the ROM but if it rebooted and resets randomly...bad juju

The persuader
08-26-2011, 11:54 PM
Got this ROM running and I really like it, but I am having an issue with the ROM resetting by itself. I will have everything just the way I want it and then I get a reboot..

Newber...
You have to Love to Backup as much as you Love this ROM...

After you have everything the way you Like...BACKUP...and Rename it... Refreshed or the terms of your choice...

Chevy ROM...Its an Awesome ROM...I Call it my "57 Chevy ROM"...

"Going along for the Ride..."

Its Bubba...

JSM9872
08-27-2011, 12:00 AM

Do you mean that your apps are gone completely and you need to redownload them? Or whatever launcher you are trying to use is no longer active and it has switched to adw meaning you now need to set everything back up?

The persuader
08-27-2011, 12:17 AM
JSM...is Right...

Each Launcher has a different Venue or Layout...You have to arrange and Add New Apps or Exsisting Apps to your New Screens...

His Response is the Best...

Its Bubba

Do you mean that your apps are gone completely and you need to redownload them? Or whatever launcher you are trying to use is no longer active and it has switched to adw meaning you now need to set everything back up?

Newber
08-27-2011, 01:33 AM
JSM...is Right...

Each Launcher has a different Venue or Layout...You have to arrange and Add New Apps or Exsisting Apps to your New Screens...

His Response is the Best...

Its Bubba

Ha...no I realize that if another launcher became active it would look different.

What is happening on this case is the apps are actually gone from the app drawer AND in the case of TiBu, when i try to download back from the Market, I get constant reboot. Happened like 8 times.

So I SBFed and installed fresh again... I hope this doesn't keep happening cause this is my favorite ROM right now.

Hurrying to make a backup.

JSM9872
08-27-2011, 01:39 AM
Sorry, I realize it was a dumb question. I was just trying to understand what was happening.

Report back when you get it all up and running again.

Newber
08-27-2011, 01:45 AM
No worries. I didn't mean to be insulting. Thanks for your input.

Got it back up and the way I like it, but this has happened twice. First 2 times took a while. If it happens again I will post the circumstances.

Random factory resets are annoying. Dont you agree??

JSM9872
08-27-2011, 01:55 AM
Oh none taken at all.

And yes I would imagine a random factory reset would be annoying.

spideyx24
08-27-2011, 07:23 AM
does swiftkey x not work on this rom? and does jrummy's ROM toolbox not work on this rom either? as in like battery icon changer, boot logs download, etc?

JSM9872
08-27-2011, 08:25 AM
does swiftkey x not work on this rom? and does jrummy's ROM toolbox not work on this rom either? as in like battery icon changer, boot logs download, etc?

I remember swiftkey x being mentioned in the bug thread. Not sure what the resolution was or if there was one. So you could check that out.

Not sure about rom toolbox though.

wheel05
08-28-2011, 08:36 AM
Really liking this ROM after using CM4DX since it became available. I can't really find any issues, 3G and WIFI are working great with no drops. I would like to ask someone to try something. When I toggle 3G off using the power widget, the 3G icon in the status bar remains. This may be normal, but in CM7, the icon will go away when 3G is toggled off. This is not a beg deal at all, just curious if anyone else is seeing this.

3club
08-28-2011, 06:48 PM
Really liking this ROM after using CM4DX since it became available. I can't really find any issues, 3G and WIFI are working great with no drops. I would like to ask someone to try something. When I toggle 3G off using the power widget, the 3G icon in the status bar remains. This may be normal, but in CM7, the icon will go away when 3G is toggled off. This is not a beg deal at all, just curious if anyone else is seeing this.

How do you turn off 3G??? What widget button are you using? I tried using the 2G/3G one, but that's always greyed out. When I use any of the 2G/3G options below, I get a message "Network mode state unknown".

I don't know what 2G means, anyway.

3club
08-28-2011, 06:53 PM
Oh, also not sure what "mobile data" button does. It's always on, can't turn it off.

Enzymaticracer
08-28-2011, 08:16 PM

I'm having no problems using SwiftKey X on SSX 2.1.

Sent from my DroidX running SSX using Tapatalk

dennyjones
08-28-2011, 08:29 PM
I'm using Swype but Swift Key works on my phone.

wheel05
08-28-2011, 08:42 PM
Oh, also not sure what "mobile data" button does. It's always on, can't turn it off.

3club, I am using the mobile data button on the power control widget. That will turn of the mobile date(3G). I spoke too soon in an earlier post about my 3G and WIFI were without issue. After one full day of use, I started loosing 3G signal and had to reboot to regain the connection. This was in my house with excellent 3G reception. I was so hopeful about this ROM. I have been using CM7 on the DX and have not encountered this issue in the last several weeks. It was common until they updated the nightlies and evidently that fixed the problem. Now WIFI has been without issue and I am pleased so far.

milski65
08-28-2011, 08:57 PM
Just flashed this morning on my back up X. Now I understand what the buzz is all about. Have run Shuji 1 and 2.0, and primary phone on DSX. For the first time though I've experienced the dreaded drain on my battery while I'm not using it. Was at 20% when I headed out 2 hours ago. Came back to a dead phone. In process of recallibrating. Just a learning curve for me. But damn is this one nice rom. Phone looks awesome already. Thanks for your hard work Chevy.

3club
08-28-2011, 09:11 PM
3club, I am using the mobile data button on the power control widget. That will turn of the mobile date(3G). I spoke too soon in an earlier post about my 3G and WIFI were without issue. After one full day of use, I started loosing 3G signal and had to reboot to regain the connection. This was in my house with excellent 3G reception. I was so hopeful about this ROM. I have been using CM7 on the DX and have not encountered this issue in the last several weeks. It was common until they updated the nightlies and evidently that fixed the problem. Now WIFI has been without issue and I am pleased so far.

Ah, thanks for that explanation. I was having a problem of my own with the power widgets, where the airplane widget would turn wifi on, and the mobile data widget did nothing. It seems that a shutdown and restart has fixed that for now, and I can now reproduce your problem. Yes, when I turn off mobile data, the 3G icon remains.

But now I have another issue, maybe you can try to reproduce it for me. When I use the airplane widget, the 3G and signal strength bars remain. Airplane mode is apparently enabled because I can't get a web page anymore. Holding the power button shows "Airplane mode is OFF", although I'm sure it's on.

grrrrr. frustrating. Now after I said the above, I've been able to get 3G back by turning mobile data off and on again, but now the airplane widget isn't doing anything at all.

Xelios
08-28-2011, 11:02 PM
I just had another random reboot today. Not a huge issue, but is anybody else getting them? I'm curious if its just an app I installed. Random reboots havent happened to me since I bought my phone.

3club
08-28-2011, 11:10 PM
I just had another random reboot today. Not a huge issue, but is anybody else getting them? I'm curious if its just an app I installed. Random reboots havent happened to me since I bought my phone.

Nope*, good here. I was getting them CONSTANTLY until I flashed to SSX. By constant I mean it was rare to go two days without a reboot or lockup. Now the *, I did have one a couple days ago, which was really weird. But it was also the first and only time so far I ran the GolfLogix program. It was like someone else kept toughing the screen real fast, screens flying past, and finally it just puked. That was the only time since installing SSX. Only strange things I have now is the power widgets.

bpbomber
08-28-2011, 11:29 PM
Hello everyone. Firstly, thanks to all the great information here and thanks to ChevyNo1 for his ROM.

I'm new to flashing ROMs, the only one I've done is the prerooted deodexed GB. But I've been getting ready to get ready to flash SSX 2.1 for a while. I've read and reread and memorized all the instructions in this thread.

I have one question about my parachute... I've made a nandroid backup of my current ROM (prerooted deodexed GB). If I decide I'd like to go back to that would I be required to SBF first, due to the kernel difference?

Thank you again.

JSM9872
08-29-2011, 12:13 AM
I have one question about my parachute... I've made a nandroid backup of my current ROM (prerooted deodexed GB). If I decide I'd like to go back to that would I be required to SBF first, due to the kernel difference?

Thank you again.

I know one of the themers one here, Wulf, has confirmed in another thread that you can flash between .596 and .602 ROM backups while on rooted .602 without any issues.

I would think to restore a GB backup you would need to be on GB first. We would need someone else with experience in this area to confirm for us though as I have never tried to do it before.

wheel05
08-29-2011, 07:40 AM
Ah, thanks for that explanation. I was having a problem of my own with the power widgets, where the airplane widget would turn wifi on, and the mobile data widget did nothing. It seems that a shutdown and restart has fixed that for now, and I can now reproduce your problem. Yes, when I turn off mobile data, the 3G icon remains.

But now I have another issue, maybe you can try to reproduce it for me. When I use the airplane widget, the 3G and signal strength bars remain. Airplane mode is apparently enabled because I can't get a web page anymore. Holding the power button shows "Airplane mode is OFF", although I'm sure it's on.

grrrrr. frustrating. Now after I said the above, I've been able to get 3G back by turning mobile data off and on again, but now the airplane widget isn't doing anything at all.

I can confirm all of the above. At times the power control widget will stop working. It is frustrating. You may want to put this in the bug thread. I would, but I am about to be late for a flight.

TideFan22
08-29-2011, 08:19 AM
Hello everyone. Firstly, thanks to all the great information here and thanks to ChevyNo1 for his ROM.

I'm new to flashing ROMs, the only one I've done is the prerooted deodexed GB. But I've been getting ready to get ready to flash SSX 2.1 for a while. I've read and reread and memorized all the instructions in this thread.

Thank you again.

Your gonna need to be back on GB 2.3.3 b4 u can restore that backup, can't restore a gb backup over a froyo rom/kernel, you'll have to install gb again,

Sent from CM7 on the GB kernel

3club
08-29-2011, 09:22 AM
I can confirm all of the above. At times the power control widget will stop working. It is frustrating. You may want to put this in the bug thread. I would, but I am about to be late for a flight.

Good morning! You're obviously an early riser because I see that you already got it moved over there! Thanks for that, and for confirming the prob. Nothing worse than not being sure if you have a problem or not!
:big smile:

3club
08-29-2011, 09:36 AM
On another note, I'm sure most people here know by now that we have a one click root solution for OTA Gingerbread, as of about four days ago I think. I'm wondering how this will affect future releases of SSX. Will it no longer be a 2ndinit rom? No longer need to sbf to froyo first?

cory46
08-29-2011, 10:30 AM
On another note, I'm sure most people here know by now that we have a one click root solution for OTA Gingerbread, as of about four days ago I think. I'm wondering how this will affect future releases of SSX. Will it no longer be a 2ndinit rom? No longer need to sbf to froyo first?

It'll always be a 2nd init rom for the dx. The base you flash it from doesn't mean anything. Our bootloader is locked which is why we need it. It'll still be gingerbread and operate off Motorola froyo kernel till the gingerbread kernel 2nd init hack is updated along with ssx

Chipworkz
08-29-2011, 10:31 AM

The OTA root doesn't change anything. 2nd init is still the same thing and at some point they will move over to the GB kernel when it is working. That will just keep us from having to go back to froyo.

3club
08-29-2011, 11:28 AM
Thanks for the info, I'm still learning this stuff. So are all roms for the DX 2nd init roms? Does that also mean newer phones, like the D3, can't take any custom roms yet because they never came with froyo?

The persuader
08-29-2011, 12:30 PM
It'll always be a 2nd init rom for the dx. The base you flash it from doesn't mean anything. Our bootloader is locked which is why we need it. It'll still be gingerbread and operate off Motorola froyo kernel till the gingerbread kernel 2nd init hack is updated along with ssx

Cory...hopefully this makes sense...

When I came over from Apex 1.4.1 I was Froyo Based...so I could flash to either Miui or SSX ROM...as long as I flashed 2init thru ROM Manager first...

I would like to flash Apex (AIO) from SSX however it mentioned I have to be Froyo .34...
Im currently 2.3.5...isn't that still Froyo?

If so, if I backup SSX...do the process for New ROM's...can I Restore my Apex1.4.1 without SBFing or Flash the New Apex?

Its Bubba

bpbomber
08-29-2011, 12:39 PM
JSM9872 and TideFan22;

Thank you for your responses. I kind of suspected that if I'd want to turn back an SBF would be necessary. However, I'm pleased to report I successfully flashed the prep, SSX 2.1, and the battery icon patch last night! It would now seem that the point of my original question is moot, SSX is fantastic. I'm extremely happy with it.

My next step is to ensure i've got the correct baseband. It installed with BP_C_01.09.07P, just want to check whether that should be updated.
Thanks again.
BPB

The persuader
08-29-2011, 12:44 PM
Never tried ssx, chevys a big name in the modding community so I'm interested :-) What is different between this and cm7? Miui's doin its own thang, omfgb boasts speed and nakedness, what makes ssx good?

I can't speak to cm7...but I can tell you this about the 57 Chevy...it is totally Awesome...Smooth, Fast with lots of room to customize your Phone...

Strongly Recommended

Its Bubba

TideFan22
08-29-2011, 12:49 PM
JSM9872 and TideFan22;

Thank you for your responses. I kind of suspected that if I'd want to turn back an SBF would be necessary. However, I'm pleased to report I successfully flashed the prep, SSX 2.1, and the battery icon patch last night! It would now seem that the point of my original question is moot, SSX is fantastic. I'm extremely happy with it.

My next step is to ensure i've got the correct baseband. It installed with BP_C_01.09.07P, just want to check whether that should be updated.
Thanks again.
BPB

Here's the newest and i think it's alot better than. 07 or. 12 IMHO. Here it is if u want it. http://db.tt/urzCfoT

Sent from CM7 on the GB kernel

griz.droidx
08-29-2011, 06:04 PM
Okay I finally remembered why I came to this thread in the first place. I apologize if this was answered elsewhere did a search of this thread and no dice. Has anyone been using any of the morph's for CM7 on this ROM. I am new to theming (not a themer yet, but I'm researching), and morphing. Do the morphs here CM7 Morphs. (http://tinyurl.com/morphscm7) work with SSX2.1? Just wondering. Seem's like I used one, not from that page but from the Mixer theme, and it worked well on either SSX or Liquid. I can't remember. Anywho, I seem to have my SSX straightened out. Time for a nandroid.

griz.droidx
08-29-2011, 06:07 PM
Cory...hopefully this makes sense...

When I came over from Apex 1.4.1 I was Froyo Based...so I could flash to either Miui or SSX ROM...as long as I flashed 2init thru ROM Manager first...

I would like to flash Apex (AIO) from SSX however it mentioned I have to be Froyo .34...
Im currently 2.3.5...isn't that still Froyo?

If so, if I backup SSX...do the process for New ROM's...can I Restore my Apex1.4.1 without SBFing or Flash the New Apex?

Its Bubba

I was wondering the same thing, I think you can use the AIO fab has up to go from SSX to his 602 without sbf'n. I've been thinking about doing the same at least until ssx 2.2 comes out. I like to try em all. I probably won't at the moment though. I hate to lose all the customization available with CM7 Roms especially with all the SSX extra stuff chevy puts in.

The persuader
08-29-2011, 09:03 PM
I was wondering the same thing, I think you can use the AIO fab has up to go from SSX to his 602 without sbf'n. I've been thinking about doing the same at least until ssx 2.2 comes out. I like to try em all. I probably won't at the moment though. I hate to lose all the customization available with CM7 Roms especially with all the SSX extra stuff chevy puts in.

Griz.droidx...

It makes sense to me as well...If it sounds to good to be True...Its To Good to be True...
LOL...Still going to try...

Hey, you can always go from ROM to ROM...Im On Miui and SSX...trying to Flash Apex RC3 without SBFing back to Stock...

Its Bubba

3club
08-29-2011, 10:36 PM
when will we be able to dual-boot?
:nerd:

EliteScouter
08-29-2011, 11:11 PM
Any way to get a blur camera on 2.1?

JSM9872
08-29-2011, 11:29 PM
Any way to get a blur camera on 2.1?

To the best of my knowledge (which I will admit is limited and sketchy lol) you need to have the blur.res.apk in the ROM to use any blur stuff. AOSP ROMs like this dont have it so they wont work.

Xelios
08-30-2011, 10:08 AM
Nope*, good here. I was getting them CONSTANTLY until I flashed to SSX. By constant I mean it was rare to go two days without a reboot or lockup. Now the *, I did have one a couple days ago, which was really weird. But it was also the first and only time so far I ran the GolfLogix program. It was like someone else kept toughing the screen real fast, screens flying past, and finally it just puked. That was the only time since installing SSX. Only strange things I have now is the power widgets.

Hmm. I haven't installed anything that I can really pinpoint it to. Looks like I'll just have to deal with it. Thanks for the input.

griz.droidx
08-30-2011, 10:11 AM
Dual booting.. LOL.. I even tripled booted at one time(98/xp/Linux), and I'm sure others have had more os'es on their drive than you can shake a stick at.

Well persuader it worked, the AIO works just fine to get from SSX to RC3, now I want my SSX back! I know there was an easy way to do this too.. Just gotta remember how. I remember it was similar to Wulf's post.

JSM9872
08-30-2011, 10:17 AM
Dual booting.. LOL.. I even tripled booted at one time(98/xp/Linux), and I'm sure others have had more os'es on their drive than you can shake a stick at.

Well persuader it worked, the AIO works just fine to get from SSX to RC3, now I want my SSX back! I know there was an easy way to do this too.. Just gotta remember how. I remember it was similar to Wulf's post.

Just use the SS Prep zip from the OP. I havent done it but I am contemplating it since I flashed to GB the other day.

Sent from my DROIDX on CM74DX-GB

bpbomber
08-30-2011, 01:38 PM
Just use the SS Prep zip from the OP. I havent done it but I am contemplating it since I flashed to GB the other day.

How would you say CM7 on the GB kernel compares to SSX 2.1 on the Froyo kernel in regard to speed and battery life?

griz.droidx
08-30-2011, 03:19 PM

Thanks for the advice man. I did this an easy way a while back since I have an activated froyo nandroid. Honestly I don't think activation is messed with unless you change or install a radio. I'm just guessing here. Because today, I tried to simply restore my SSX nandroid on a "bathroom break" at work... LOL sssshhhhhhh. I should have known better. I did know better, but I did it to try see what would happen. Anyway, I ended up bootlooping and had to sbf. But when I did, it kept my radio update, and activation settings. I hope I can get 3g when I get in an area that has it. I have to manually activate and so can't just dial *228. After on froyo, z4root, d2bs, I booted into clockwork and restored my nandroid. I am still on the green clockwork. Why do I need the newer version? Should I install it? I can't install older rom's with it but the nandroids are supposed to work.

Restoring my nandroid of 2.1 put me back where I wanted to be. All is well now, I couldn't do without all the customizations available. I like the little things that CM7 provides, and the extra little things that Chevy has done in his toolbox. Fantastic! Can't wait now for 2.2.

Chevy if you happpen across this, do you base your rom from the source of a recent CM7 nightly. If so could you provide that version number in addition to all the other details you have. Do you change the CM7 code a lot, if so do those fixes make it back to CM7? Or do you simply (not exactly simple) integrate your source or packages to CM7 to make SSX. Just curious, if this is the wrong place for this I apologize. I don't know how all this works. But as I'm sure you know, in Linux the code from a fork sometimes is supposed to be backported or incorporated back into the main base tree. I'm thinking of Ubuntu and Debian here. Or is it more like PCLinuxOS which was once mandrake (mandriva now), which was once red hat with KDE on top. I don't think PCLinuxOS is backward compatible with mandriva entirely since it's a rolling release. I'm a bit out of my league here as I still consider myself relatively new to Linux even though I've been an end user of it for some time now in some form or another, if there's somewhere else I can get answers, let me know.

Just a thought completely off topic. You can get Autodesk's Autocad for Windows but not Linux, you can get the Autodesk Smartphone apps on both Apple and Android.

griz.droidx
08-30-2011, 03:23 PM
How would you say CM7 on the GB kernel compares to SSX 2.1 on the Froyo kernel in regard to speed and battery life?

I am not 100% on this, but I think both CM7 and SSX 2.0, 2.1 use the same kernel unless, Chevy compiles his own. Even then they could be the same CM7(be it GB or Froyo Kernel) source, but with chevy's additions.

JSM9872
08-30-2011, 04:06 PM
No ssx 2.1 does boot off of the froyo kernel just like the official cm7 nightlies do. I believe I was being asked about the unofficial nightlies from revnumbers I am running that now boot off the gb kernel since my sig shows I am running them.

@bpbomber
Just real briefly to answer since I don't want to get too far off topic in the thread it seems good so far. It's tough to give a definitive answer since I flashed it and have been at work since. But it does boot up much faster and I seem to get better battery so far.

griz.droidx
08-30-2011, 06:15 PM
No ssx 2.1 does boot off of the froyo kernel just like the official cm7 nightlies do. I believe I was being asked about the unofficial nightlies from revnumbers I am running that now boot off the gb kernel since my sig shows I am running them.

@bpbomber
Just real briefly to answer since I don't want to get too far off topic in the thread it seems good so far. It's tough to give a definitive answer since I flashed it and have been at work since. But it does boot up much faster and I seem to get better battery so far.

I didn't know cvpcs had the wrinkles ironed out of that yet? CM7 iis Gingerbread but with a froyo kernel I think, or at least a froyo boot kernel. I can't remember the version numbers for the kernel's themselves, but they've all been 2.6.32.9 I think for ever. For whatever reason, locked bootloader maybe. I'd really like to hear more about it though.

fezrock
08-30-2011, 07:37 PM
I didn't know cvpcs had the wrinkles ironed out of that yet? CM7 iis Gingerbread but with a froyo kernel I think, or at least a froyo boot kernel. I can't remember the version numbers for the kernel's themselves, but they've all been 2.6.32.9 I think for ever. For whatever reason, locked bootloader maybe. I'd really like to hear more about it though.

It's in an alpha stage, and "suggested" to be flashed by devs only so far. To keep the complainers at bay, for one reason. Speed feels equivalent, and battery tests are underway as far as I go. Just got it going last night. I'll have a better feel against my froyo cm7 baseline in the morning. But it's still not going to be a perfect comparison, as 1% increments don't work yet. But if you want to try the newest and buggiest it's here.

Eager to see ssx on this for sure!

JSM9872
08-30-2011, 09:03 PM
Yeah its definitely not a well polished ROM yet like the official nightlies using the froyo kernel are. And fez is right, from the thread I downloaded the latest it straight up says dont install unless you can help fix bugs/issues. But obviously since links are posted it its still a public alpha or what I would think is. And it wasnt as easy for me as just flashing and setting up. I had to do a re-wipe and re-install because everything locked up on me. Took a bit of work to get it all functioning.

At this point I was already on the latest GB so I figured while I am here what the heck I may as well try it out. I am sure once development continues on it we should expect much improvement. And its funny but not having those 1%s is killing me. But I have always been impressed by the simple things.

griz.droidx
08-30-2011, 09:51 PM
Yeah its definitely not a well polished ROM yet like the official nightlies using the froyo kernel are. And fez is right, from the thread I downloaded the latest it straight up says dont install unless you can help fix bugs/issues. But obviously since links are posted it its still a public alpha or what I would think is. And it wasnt as easy for me as just flashing and setting up. I had to do a re-wipe and re-install because everything locked up on me. Took a bit of work to get it all functioning.

At this point I was already on the latest GB so I figured while I am here what the heck I may as well try it out. I am sure once development continues on it we should expect much improvement. And its funny but not having those 1%s is killing me. But I have always been impressed by the simple things.

I didn't know it was available somewhere, I remember seeing some unofficial nightlies, and I remember watching the changes but not in the last week or two. I probably would have tried it since 596 is just a flash away from 602, or it seemed so for me. Wow! Won't be long.

My apologies for getting off topic a lot. SSX it is for me at the moment. But I miss different things from different roms. One thing that's almost certain, is that I'm spoiled by all the extra's in SSX, and even those in liquid since some do the same thing. I look forward to all these future releases.

The persuader
08-30-2011, 10:00 PM

Griz...That Great!!!

I have to Drilling into some of these Post to see whats working and Whats Not working...All the Info so far...Seems Somewhat Seemless...Currently been Flipping Miui & SSX...So, I will RC3 from SSX...

SSX...is Froyo Based from what I've read so far...The Kernal Number sequence is different even tho they say Its Froyo Based...Confusing...But Most if Not All more then I do About Kernels...LOL

Anywho...I am going to Backup...Wipe Data, Wipes both Caches, Wipe Bat Status..follow the process to Restoring my Apex 1.4.1 which does Read Froyo based .340...then procede to the noted in
BIG RED INSTRUCTIONs...and The Key Piece is MOUNT SYSTEM...

I may Need to Buy a Vowel to get me to RC3...without SBFing...LOL>>>:cool:

Just thinking out Loud...

Its Bubba

JSM9872
08-30-2011, 10:07 PM
I didn't know it was available somewhere, I remember seeing some unofficial nightlies, and I remember watching the changes but not in the last week or two. I probably would have tried it since 596 is just a flash away from 602, or it seemed so for me. Wow! Won't be long.

My apologies for getting off topic a lot. SSX it is for me at the moment. But I miss different things from different roms. One thing that's almost certain, is that I'm spoiled by all the extra's in SSX, and even those in liquid since some do the same thing. I look forward to all these future releases.

Its available to download at rootzwiki.

And I hear ya on the ROMs. So much good stuff out there and they all have something I love. I would have to say SSX has been one of my favs but I am a liquid man from way back.

Decisions, decisions...

bpbomber
08-31-2011, 01:24 PM
I believe I was being asked about the unofficial nightlies from revnumbers I am running that now boot off the gb kernel since my sig shows I am running them.

Yup! That's what I was asking about. Thanks :)

...and sorry for swerving off topic :sorry:

stryker
08-31-2011, 03:43 PM
I'm having trouble with go launcher on this ROM. It is lagging like 99% of the time I use it.it is getting so bad I can barley use it.its good right after a reboot. But like a couple seconds later its lagged again.wondering if anyone had this problem and how to fix it. I just flashed the ROM too, no mods or scripts ran yet.

Swyped with SSX 2.1 on my droidX.

JSM9872
08-31-2011, 04:16 PM
Yup! That's what I was asking about. Thanks :)

...and sorry for swerving off topic :sorry:

No problem. I wasn't trying to police the off-topic issue. Sometimes I just need to throw it out there for myself BC its soooo easy to do. But day 2 and still running good. Battery real good.

I do miss ssx though. And am probably going to make the jump back until there are more 2nd-init roms that make the switch.

milski65
08-31-2011, 04:17 PM
I'm having trouble with go launcher on this ROM. It is lagging like 99% of the time I use it.it is getting so bad I can barley use it.its good right after a reboot. But like a couple seconds later its lagged again.wondering if anyone had this problem and how to fix it. I just flashed the ROM too, no mods or scripts ran yet.

Give it a bit. They just came out with another update. Mine is running smoother now. Battery pull may help.

stryker
08-31-2011, 04:44 PM
Give it a bit. They just came out with another update. Mine is running smoother now. Battery pull may help.

I got it to work. when I flash a new ROM I was using the restore set up go launcher had built in. that's what was lagging it out. plus I figured out if u put all apps in diff folders and use them in your desktop, it lags it bad to. I just restored to default and re set up all my stuff and its fast as hell now. I got shook there for a minute.lol.

EpicxSmigaj
08-31-2011, 06:39 PM
I'm having 3g issues with my Liquid ROM and came back and saw that Chevy has a 2.3.5 rom from source! so excited, but real quick. Anyone know of the 3g issue on any CM7 based rom? I get it when i turn off the radio and underclock to save battery during work, and when i get off work, i flip the radio back on and it doesnt seem to communicate..

TideFan22
08-31-2011, 06:51 PM
Yeah some of the source ROMs have had some weird issues with 3g and airplane mode and stuff but when I was on SSX I didn't have problems with it

BOOYAH

The persuader
08-31-2011, 06:58 PM
Tidefan...
Same here with SSX...gave it 5 days...not even One Issue...

Its Bubba

Yeah some of the source ROMs have had some weird issues with 3g and airplane mode and stuff but when I was on SSX I didn't have problems with it

BOOYAH

spodoc
08-31-2011, 07:38 PM
Tidefan...
Same here with SSX...gave it 5 days...not even One Issue...

Its Bubba

I could not get the GPS to work but I have to admit I gave it about one hour and then flashed back to rubix. Since then have tried a few times with no luck. I know the answer is here in some obvious place but I don't see.

dennyjones
08-31-2011, 07:44 PM
I'm running stock SSX2.1. I use the gps all of the time with my golf app. I've not any problems. For that matter, other than battery draining too fast, I haven't had any issues with this rom. I'm a believer.

The persuader
08-31-2011, 07:59 PM
I could not get the GPS to work but I have to admit I gave it about one hour and then flashed back to rubix. Since then have tried a few times with no luck. I know the answer is here in some obvious place but I don't see.

Hey spodoc...
When you say GPS are you talking...Garmin, Maps, Navigation...?

Just tried all 3...they are working Awesome...Maybe try to Re-Flashing the ROM...I know some have had to do a Factory Reset Twice...to get rid of More Data that may have been left behind...

Have you Run Fix Permission in ROM Manager...Also the Typical Clear Data/Cache...Blahblahblah...

Seriouly, SSX is Sweet...It was hard coming back to Miui too...giving the Miui ROM some attention...Its really a Nice piece of Work...Just the Same Olde Tweaks with New ROM's...

Airplane...Well, that has created some Nifftie Don King Hair-Doo's

Try SSX again...It take no Second Place for All the New ROM's Out there...

Chow spodoc

Its Bubba