PDA

View Full Version : Confused..

thegrillboy
08-19-2011, 01:25 AM
I'm on miui and want to go to darkslide x with the new 13 baseband.
- sbf
- install dedoxed or non dedoxed 596. 1 and 2
- when do I install 602
- then darkslide x which will put me back to 596 with 13 Baseband.
Which order do I choose?

Thanks

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums

thegrillboy
08-19-2011, 01:26 AM
Forgot to mention I don't want to loose root

cory46
08-19-2011, 01:28 AM
If you're on miui flash a stock rooted froyo backup ( that you should have made :) haha) then load in recovery two part 596 and once that boots go back to clockwork and install darkslide x you should still have 13 baseband when your finished if you currently have it

Nemo aeternamn
08-19-2011, 01:31 AM
alright... so you'll want to sbf first off... then you want to install the 13p radio... right here... before you go to 596...then install the two part prerooted zip from p3droid... then you'll want to install dsx....
you wont want to install 602... that's a different build... and could mess things up... because dsx is a 596 build....

Nemo aeternamn
08-19-2011, 01:32 AM
@cory....
i didn't think the gingerbread kernel support the method necesary method to install the new radio... so i thought you had to install it while on froyo....

cory46
08-19-2011, 01:35 AM
@cory....
i didn't think the gingerbread kernel support the method necesary method to install the new radio... so i thought you had to install it while on froyo....

Yeah that is why I said if on miui just flash stock rooted froyo build that was the backup ( still having the 13 baseband) then go into recovery and flash 596 then load after boot darkslide x

Edit: guess i should say flash the baseband while on miui or stock rooted froyo if you don't currently have it

Nemo aeternamn
08-19-2011, 01:46 AM
Ah.... alright... so you were meaning if he already had it. L... I got ya

We have nothing to fear but running out of beer

fernbch
08-19-2011, 05:58 PM
If you want the 13p radio sbf to froyo, root, d2 bootstrap, then install the radio zip from clockwork. Follow the instructions for it exactly. It can't be installed from a gb kernel. If you decide to go with the 602 prerooted, you can still do dsx afterwards. You'll still have the new radio, but the gb version will revert to 596 as this is what dsx is built on. Many have done it successfully. You can read about it in the dsx thread over at MDW.

My Droid Thrives on the DarkSlide!!!