PDA

View Full Version : Going from a 2nd-init to a .596 ROM?

wdkj2013
08-18-2011, 07:53 PM
From my understanding, ROMS like Liquid and Cyanogenmod are 2nd-init, correct me if I'm wrong, and then there are other ROMS that actually require you to upgrade to .596 rooted to apply them. I don't know any specific ones that are actually .596, in fact, it'd be cool if someone had a small list, if not, it's cool, but ANYWAY, the main point of this was....

When I choose to install a .596 ROM, can I just clear data/cache and install the 2 part install over top and then the ROM, or am I going to have to SBF and start from there?

Bkdodger
08-18-2011, 08:03 PM
2nd init (CM4DX..SSX..MIUI..JUSTICE..LIQUID ..OMFGB)

.596 (APEX RC 2..LIBERTY V8/9..SHUIJI..DARKSLIDE..)

So you need two part gb install from stock froyo...if you dont have a stock backup then sbf best way...

Sent from elGato's X..
"I will not flash today...I will not flash tonight ..oh who am I kidding...."

wdkj2013
08-18-2011, 08:06 PM
This is going to sound stupid lol, but what do I use to make backups, I haven't had to make one in forever, Titanium, or.... ? Then just go back to stock and install 2 part and I'm good? Should I clear data/cache or anything or no.

tribals
08-18-2011, 08:08 PM
I just flashed back to Liberty from MIUI earlier and sbf'd, rooted, then to two part .602.

I thought I read a thread that they were testing going from 2nd-init to a .596 backup and vice versa.....can't remember exactly though.

Liberty v.9/Watermark theme/OC'd

Bkdodger
08-18-2011, 08:19 PM
This is going to sound stupid lol, but what do I use to make backups, I haven't had to make one in forever, Titanium, or.... ? Then just go back to stock and install 2 part and I'm good? Should I clear data/cache or anything or no.

It's ok some peeps don't make backups ...use clockwork recovery to make backups ...for instance on 2nd init roms you can use rom manager to get to clockwork and make backups..

Lets say you sbf ...you now need d2 bootstrap to get to clockwork ..now you can flash the two part to gingerbread .596 or .602 that just came out ...when on GB now use d2 bootstrap to make GB backups it you wish like liberty or Darkslide ..etc

Sent from elGato's X..

Bkdodger
08-18-2011, 08:21 PM
I just flashed back to Liberty from MIUI earlier and sbf'd, rooted, then to two part .602.

I thought I read a thread that they were testing going from 2nd-init to a .596 backup and vice versa.....can't remember exactly though.

Liberty v.9/Watermark theme/OC'd

Yes Wulf will be posting his method to switching between 2nd init to GB and vice a versa ...should be posting sometime soon ..

Sent from elGato's X..

wdkj2013
08-18-2011, 08:26 PM
Alrighty then.

Bkdodger
08-18-2011, 08:29 PM
Well, what's the worse that could really happen anyway?

Nothing sbf can't take care of..

Sent from elGato's X..

Nemo aeternamn
08-19-2011, 02:39 AM
Yes Wulf will be posting his method to switching between 2nd init to GB and vice a versa ...should be posting sometime soon ..

Sent from elGato's X..
it's posted... he just updeated his op....

as_daylight_dies
08-20-2011, 06:14 PM
it's posted... he just updeated his op....

What Sub-forum?

~Sent from my Droid X running MIUI 1.8.19

Nemo aeternamn
08-20-2011, 07:03 PM
Um... Not sure... Don't really party much attention to sub forms..
But here is the link. http://www.droidxforums.com/forum/gingerbread-development-hacking/34522-going-cm7-based-rom-596-backup-one-clockwork-session.html[

We have nothing to fear but running out of beer