PDA

View Full Version : Best Cyanogenmod-Based ROM for Droid X?

Kralizec55
08-18-2011, 04:39 PM
I've been running CM4DX on and off since it was first available, and have generally kept up with the nightly progress. However, it seems that the devs haven't shown the DX any love in quite a while, and although there are many awesome things about CM7, but the battery life is absolutely atrocious for these nightlies.
I recently heard about some ROMs available for the DX that are based on CM7. I've tried MIUI, but it was a little too buggy and a lot too iPhone-y for my taste. I just saw mention of something called Rev Nightlies which someone was raving about. Can anyone comment on what the options are, and how they stack up against CM7 proper?

spodoc
08-18-2011, 04:53 PM
Do you mean roms like SSX, Justice, MIUI, Moe something or other (sorry moe), etc?

I doubt you'll get any sort of consensus on which is best or how they stack up. Just try them one-by-one and give each one a few days to settle down before you move to the next. As far as MIUI being too iphone-y, you can theme the heck out of that rom and make it whatever you want.

Have fun.

Leach19m
08-18-2011, 05:05 PM
As stated, just try them all and see which you like best. And, also as stated, the themes available for miui can really change the way it looks to be less "iPhone-y" (I don't understand why that's a bad thing though...iOS is a delightful os, just too closed).

My name is Mike, and I'm a flashaholic. But thanks to my sponsor, MIUI, I've been clean for weeks.

Stuckinabox
08-18-2011, 05:32 PM
There was actually some great news from cvpcs earlier today about imminent CM4DX fixes, such as a GB kernel version.

NUNsLAUGHTER92
08-18-2011, 05:38 PM
There was actually some great news from cvpcs earlier today about imminent CM4DX fixes, such as a GB kernel version.

So do you think if he gets it running on the gingerbread kernel things will be easier to fix? Because if not I don't see the point in that at all..

"The road to hell is paved with good intentions"

Leach19m
08-18-2011, 05:51 PM
GB kernal has better battery management and performance, so there's certainly benefits to it

My name is Mike, and I'm a flashaholic. But thanks to my sponsor, MIUI, I've been clean for weeks.

Stuckinabox
08-18-2011, 06:11 PM
I think he's hoping that that'll be the case, but I think the idea is to get rid of pre-flash requirements and not be stuck on one kernel forever.

Oops. What he said about the kernel, too ^

DroidTank
08-19-2011, 08:22 AM
I'm running liberty 2.0 and login it but then saw justice and wanna know what's the take on it before I wipe and install

BoostinBen
08-19-2011, 08:35 AM
The Fluid rom was pretty damn fantastic.

spodoc
08-19-2011, 11:06 AM
I'm running liberty 2.0 and login it but then saw justice and wanna know what's the take on it before I wipe and install

Well justice is a 2nd unit rom so its going to be a lot like cm. Nice thong is if you are on liberty 2 then that's a 340 rom so you can flash justice, try if for a few days, and restore your liberty nandroid if you don't like it. Don't be shy. Just flash it. I was on rubix and tried cm variants for a while and now am back on rubix. All from nandroids.

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums