PDA

View Full Version : Where are you buying the Droid X from?

danDroid
07-14-2010, 11:26 PM
Where did you purchase the Droid X from?

yurdle
07-14-2010, 11:37 PM
Bought it at my local verizon store, I was first in line.. got there at 6:15 with my girlfriend... website said they opened at 8 lol but guess they decided for 9.. but that was fine.. me my dad and girlfriend all got one. Mine ended up being faulty and i had restored it at least 3 or 4 times. I took it back later because I got stuck in a reboot loop, they restored it again and then i had to restore again later that night. the next morning i had to restore again and then got stuck in reboot loop again.... so took it back that morning and got it replaced and this one has been great ever since. Dad loves his and my girlfriend loves hers =) these are great phones when they work lol

wa2ddl
07-15-2010, 08:21 AM
In Stuart, FL. Picking it up today around 3:30

piiman
07-15-2010, 08:24 AM
Standing in line now in sarasota Florida

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

buzzkill
07-15-2010, 11:00 AM
vzw retail store

DroidNinja
07-15-2010, 11:40 AM
Got mine in a VZW store 5th customer! Lovin it!

pbarealist
07-15-2010, 01:27 PM
Bought at LetsTalk.com

Great price, great communication.

Have dealt with before, NO problems.

PB

gardobus
07-15-2010, 01:32 PM
Well I was at my local store when they opened at was super excited. Then the rep told me that I wasn't eligible for an upgrade. I told her that I had called *611 and I was eligible and they put the note on my account. She refused to honor that. So I walked outside, called *611 and my X will be here tomorrow. I was ready for it this morning. :( Oh well, at least I don't have to pay the $100 Mail-in rebate this way. Tomorrow I'll take my X to that store to get a case and flaunt it in front of her. LOL

wylie
07-15-2010, 03:04 PM
Phone Order with VZW. It will be here tomorrow. CSR was awesome to work with for once!

echof0xtrot
07-19-2010, 04:06 PM
my girlfriend and i were in line at 8am, numbers 4 and 5 in line. the store opened at 9, and there were ~10 people in line by then. we got to a counter right away, and walked out with the phones 20 minutes later. they said they had 60 phones in the store, and i heard they sold out in 2 hours. we had to go back that afternoon because both of us forgot to do backup assistant before we went in that morning, causing old contact lists to be uploaded. when that was all squared away, we were out of there. i realized later that the list in my phone STILL wasnt right, but by then i had reactivated my old phone, done backup assistant, reactivated the X, then uploaded contacts again. right as rain (save for the hundreds of facebook conacts that now litter my phonebook, people i dont even have phone numbers for, much less would actually call them if i did...oh well, wave of the future, right?)

girlfriend has gone back to VZW once already for a sh!& battery plus other goings on, they hard restored it once...waiting to see if its working better, but she'll probly go back again and try to get a whole new X. it's still dropping calls like a mother, but the battery is better.

mhoakley
07-19-2010, 04:18 PM
I ordered mine on the Verizon Wireless website....has been shipped and should arrive tomorrow or Wednesday...............I got an email from Verizon the day it came out and I went online immediately and ordered it. I see that it is backordered now until july 27.........I can't wait. I already have the original DROID, but this one looks so cool.

thacrownprince
07-19-2010, 06:10 PM
I pre-ordered mine at Best Buy the first day that we were allowed to pre-order. I did the same for the original Motorola Droid. I highly recommend Best Buy because they only want you to get a 50 dollar gift card. They will refund you the 50 dollars if you can't get your Droid or decide against it (I saw a kid get turned down because he was not eligible for an upgrade and my heart goes out for him). I came in at 2 PM on launch day after work and didn't have to line up early because they had it waiting for me. There's no rebate to deal with either because they will take care of the rebate with Verizon. It was 199 plus tax - the 50 dollar gift card you bought for the pre-order. Made me felt like I only had to pay roughly 160 dollars because of the gift card I bought a month before when I pre-order. Then I went to Verizon and got a case (while witnessing all these people getting turned away because they were sold out). I also pre-ordered the screen protector as soon as I pre-ordered my Droid X and had it mailed to me a few days before the launch day (I think I paid 4 dollars for 3 screen protectors off of ebay). Verizon was selling it for 15 dollars. Quality seems good, but maybe the Verizon ones are a little better. I totally recommend the leather case with kickstand available at Verizon stores (I did a review of it on this forum).

stam101
07-19-2010, 06:21 PM
I will be ordering mine online from the Verizon website on 8/11. The VZW store here has been a pain to deal with. Less than 30 days for NE2 and wouldn't let me upgrade... I guess cause it's an extra $100 off for me. Who knows.

lgench
07-19-2010, 07:23 PM
I guess I was lucky. Had a preorder at my local BestBuy. Gave up on them and ordered from Verizon website at 12:30PM Thursday, got shipping notice at 2:30PM and FedEx delivered at 11:30AM Friday.

ebidar
07-20-2010, 05:22 AM
I have had no luck with my preorder at BB and website keeps getting back ordered, so I saw that it states that it was in stock in amazon. So I bought from there. i will find later today if it was in stock lol. they already charged me so it better be lol.

Kilowogg
07-20-2010, 10:33 AM
Bought Mine a BJ's

baniels
07-20-2010, 12:29 PM
On the phone with VZW.

basketboyohio
07-21-2010, 08:47 AM
My partner and I ordered the incredible more than a month earlier and when we realized that the incredible was not coming until after the launch of the droid X, we canceled the incredible and went online and ordered the droid X. After some research on-line about the droid X and seeing it in action we were so very pleased with the decision and love the screen size and the and the HDMI feature and I am so very glad about our decision and that we went with the droid X. No regrets and am loving it and love the video camera feature what a awesome phone this is so very glad with our decision. When e received it and saw it in person and working we would not have it any other way when they came in the mail it was like Christmas day 6 months early this is one awesome phone I recommend it to anyone thinking about upgrading and not knowing weather too or not do it .

pbarealist
07-22-2010, 01:33 PM
Bought at LetsTalk.com

Great price, great communication.

Have dealt with before, NO problems.

PB

Update 7/21/10-phone in 5 days-$149.99
Love the phone already!

Lightninrod
07-22-2010, 01:37 PM
71 years old and I just ordered my first smartphone and that was through VZW's online site. I had called their teleservice but the CSR seemed to need more training(she didn't know the X could be ordered on a one year contract for one thing) plus online offers free overnight shipping. Won't ship until August third at the earliest.

Placed a second separate order for the bundle of accessories(mobile and home) plus the silicon case also getting free overnight shipping.

captain_dl
07-22-2010, 09:35 PM
Ordered mine through our National Business Rep. It will be here tomorrow (I ordered it yesterday). :)

ebidar
07-24-2010, 08:58 AM
Wow I am still the only one on this poll that bought the phone from Amazon, no wonder they had some in stock :p

MicroDOC
07-24-2010, 11:43 AM
Costco, Hard to beat their return policy and freebies. Plus they had it in stock.
Another old guy here, I'm 75 and work with a bunch of iPhone nuts. Like the iPhone, but can't stand ATT so went with Verizon and the DroidX...

shatter
07-24-2010, 07:59 PM
Got mine from the Mobile Solutions kiosk in Target, only place in town that had one yesterday. I got the last one they had too. I think Mobile Solutions is somehow affiliated with Wirefly, at least the online part is.

Left AT&T one month early with the now unfounded fears of verizon going to tiered data plans. Oh well, the iPhone 3G I had was getting pretty tired.

dsmithatx
07-24-2010, 08:39 PM
I bought mine over the phone so I choose internet. Paid $199-$100(rebate) = $99!

meth0d
07-29-2010, 12:20 AM
Got mine through Newegg

vr6vroom
07-29-2010, 12:23 AM
Ordered mine online the 23rd and received shipping notifications today. Will be here tomorow before 3 pm

irod87
07-29-2010, 12:52 AM
I wound up getting mine at walmart. Cause I was there and saw one in the case and thought here is my chance. After reading so much about people waiting for shipping and stores not having them. Plus I got the rebate instantly rather than mail in from Verizon.

seapup
07-29-2010, 01:09 AM
Where did you purchase the Droid X from?

I stood in line for 2 1/2 hours on launch day (July 15) and I'm glad I did. I stood in line for the original MotoDroid and will be doing it again when the next best Droid thing comes out. It's a ritual. ;)

KiX
08-04-2010, 07:58 AM
I got mine at BJ's. $300 minus $100 rebate minus $50 BJ's gift card.

So, paid $150 plus tax total. :)

Karbon™
08-06-2010, 05:10 PM
I bought mine on 8/3 at the Verizon Wireless retail store. They gave me the ETA to be 8/18. I can wait.

bennybbc
08-11-2010, 09:25 PM
I ordered mine one August 2nd online through Walmart/Let's Talk. $150 works for me. My wife and son each got a Cosmos at the same time and Let's Talk gave them each $50 to buy the phones. Yeah, I know, the Cosmos isn't something to write home about but my son is 11 and my wife doesn't plan to do anything but talk and text and we didn't want to spend the extra $$ every month for a data plan she wouldn't use. The phones will supposedly ship on the 15th of August. Meanwhile I'm trying to learn as much about my new phone as I can before it gets here. I don't have any experience with a smart phone so this one will have a bit of a learning curve. That's ok. I'm up to it...I hope.

Bruce

DOCTOR X
08-13-2010, 12:38 PM
Verizon Online paid $100 with my upgrade. Ya! Best upgrade ever:)

mysticalmalissa
08-16-2010, 01:41 PM
I ordered mine on the vzw website on 7/15 and had it in my hands on 7/16 =)

turbosmitty
08-28-2010, 08:48 PM
Found mine at Wal-mart.

psychotic_penguin
08-28-2010, 09:17 PM
VZW website, ordered 08/08 received 08/20

bennybbc
08-29-2010, 12:59 PM
I ordered mine one August 2nd online through Walmart/Let's Talk. $150 works for me. My wife and son each got a Cosmos at the same time and Let's Talk gave them each $50 to buy the phones. Yeah, I know, the Cosmos isn't something to write home about but my son is 11 and my wife doesn't plan to do anything but talk and text and we didn't want to spend the extra $$ every month for a data plan she wouldn't use. The phones will supposedly ship on the 15th of August. Meanwhile I'm trying to learn as much about my new phone as I can before it gets here. I don't have any experience with a smart phone so this one will have a bit of a learning curve. That's ok. I'm up to it...I hope.

Bruce

All of the above was completely changed thanks to Walmart's, "Let's Talk" and their inability to get the Droid X. They told me when I ordered the phones that the Droid X would ship by the 15th of August. On the 16th I called them and they told me the new estimate was September 21st. What?! They were off by 5 Weeks?! And they were still going to make us wait for the two phones for my wife and son that were in stock. Forget it. I don't care how much money I was going to save.

I bought the two LG Cosmos's from the local Costco for $0, ($8 sales tax) and they rebate the $60 in activation fees for the two phones. I still lose $40 over the Walmart phones and I could've just canceled the Droid X from my Walmart order and had them send the LG Cosmos's right away. But I was so pi$$ed off that they were delaying they Droid X by over a month that I didn't want to give them any of my money.

Nobody locally had/has the Droid X but Costco online does and could've had it to me in a couple of days. But they wanted the full $200 for it and Verizon online had a deal for $150 and they wave the activation fee. Money is very tight right now and I guess I don't mind waiting until 9-8 to get the phone if I save a bunch of money. It's still two weeks earlier than it would've been through Walmart. I'm also getting it for the same price as Walmart had it for plus I'm saving the $25 activation fee. The entire cost to get all three phones was only $15 more than Walmart and we get them many weeks sooner. I'll take that.

What's the deal with Let's Talk, (Walmart)? How is it that pretty much every other retailer at the time either had it in stock, (Costco's Wireless Advocates) or was getting it in stock within a week or two but Walmart is out of stock for at least two months? You would think that a place with Walmart's selling power and deals that can't be beat, (Without a Verizon upgrade or corporate deal) would be a priority for Motorola and they would make sure they get their phones. But instead they appear to be at the end of the Droid X line and when ANY other retailer comes back for more phones they get to cut in front of Walmart. In the time it takes for Walmart to get one Droid X shipment the local Costco will get at least 3 or 4 shipments of phones in and the online Costco will have them in stock the entire time. Even Target gets them in stock way faster then Walmart. Can you tell I'm a little pi$$ed off at Walmart?:mad:

So now I have all of my accessories for the Droid X and no Droid X.:( At least my wife and son have their phones...And Walmart/Let's Talk doesn't have my money.:cool:

Bruce

bennybbc
08-30-2010, 01:15 PM
Ok, I know that everyone on this forum has been eagerly awaiting the arrival of my new Droid X and now you can all breath a sigh of relief! "Siiiggghhh"... I hear ya! Anyway, after the promise from Verizon, (Online) of a ship date of 9/7 and an overnight delivery on 9/8 I just checked my email and it apparently came in early. It shipped today, arrives tomorrow.
http://img.droidforums.net/forum/images/smilies/smile2/icon_%20lala.gif

Yippy Skippy! I now have to head over to the crafts store to get a few hundred feet of yellow ribbon and some poster board. I have to get my hair cut and buy some new clothes. What should I wear? Is a mani/pedi too much? I don't want to seem too anxious. Oh my god, oh my god! I completely forgot to call the caterer! I hope they can still get the large tent. I thought this day would never come but it has. IT HAS! Oops! Wait a minute...Is that the Fox News truck outside of my house? Crap! Shepard Smith is early! I gotta go! Watch for it on the news! I'll be the one crying...Tears of joy!http://www.thesmilies.com/smilies/happy/tearsofjoy.gifhttp://img.droidforums.net/forum/images/smilies/yahoo.gif

Bruce

hollovoid7
08-31-2010, 07:16 PM
Got mine from amazon, after a couple rebates I had in the emails I paid barely over 100 with new service, lowest ive paid for a phone in YEARS. And only took a week to get it, (ETA was september when I ordered it on 7/23 :confused:)

jetfixer
09-06-2010, 09:23 PM
Bought 2 at Walmart on Aug 8 for $149 each w/2 yr act. Look for the online coupon for $50 off.

gkluther
09-06-2010, 09:42 PM
Got mine at Costco. I got a case and auto charger thrown in. Also, much better to deal with. I will go back to Costco for my next phone.

Glen
10-06-2010, 09:42 AM
Got mine from the VZW web site because of the instant rebate as opposed to the mail-in rebate from the local VZW store.

Pensacola32526
10-06-2010, 03:47 PM
Went to the store, ordered one, waited for FedEx shipment 12 days later, and the rest is history...

dennyjones
10-28-2010, 10:54 AM
Bought mine and my daughters at the local Verizon store. I like to frequent the local stores. Their personalized support has been above and beyond most other places.

Aleroniponi
11-14-2010, 09:51 PM
Got mine yesterday from the vzw store, finally switched out the old droid 1 one.

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forum App

noXcuse
11-14-2010, 09:56 PM
Customer service rep suckered me into it. Glad he did now. lol. My dad bought one when they first came out, and I was going to get one anyways after playing with his. My woman was having texting problems on her old slider phone. Called VZW, and he guy offered to give is an early upgrade, if we got 2 Droid X's. Needless to say, me and the woman have one now. Came in the mail in August. Loving it.

Sent from my DROIDX

trancedroid
11-15-2010, 12:26 AM
I got mine from Directbuy.com a really good price :motdroidhoriz:

craving_knowledge75
11-16-2010, 12:04 AM
VZW Retail store.

RudyN
11-16-2010, 02:08 AM
I bought my DriodX from Costco. Along with the phone I received a case, ear buds and a car charger. $168.00 out the door. I would have received a free phone for my wife, but she was out of town and I had to pick it out then.

larockd
11-25-2010, 06:03 PM
I ordered mine through wirefly.com. It was awesome. It cost 99.99 if you add a new line. I have been waiting so long to grab my X, but couldnt bring myself to pay the 300 w/ rebate after recently purchasing the OG and an Eris.

jbrandona119
11-25-2010, 06:57 PM
Got my droid x from walmart for $89.99. Well, we got a $100 giftcard with the purchase of a smartphone. Figured there is always something to be bought at Walmart lol

mrseak
11-26-2010, 02:44 PM
Ebay. Bought 2. Great buys!

DogLover
12-01-2010, 09:41 PM
Purchased from the Verizon Store in town. They were very helpful and they matched the online prices that I found on the internet! That was really cool and I did not know that they could do that so I am pretty happy. Since I have another line in the house, they also honored the Buy One Get Another plan and I got a free LG phone (I did not need another smartphone and it is nice, small, and cool looking).

mikeinrichmond
12-01-2010, 09:44 PM
Got mine from Best Buy. The gal there knew more about the X than the 2 so called salesmen at the Verizon store..

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Gerane
12-13-2010, 12:14 PM
mine is being shipped by fedex from wirefly as we speak.

joeyjackpot
12-13-2010, 02:43 PM
Got mine in July from Verizon store online. With upgrade, online discount, and coupon code, I got it with free overnight shipping @ a final price of about $160.

BadBrad
12-29-2010, 11:01 AM
I got mine from wirefly $49.99

wilyums
12-30-2010, 11:55 AM
Got mine online from verizon wireless $149 knowing what I know now I would have given double. "well maybe not double" But I love this phone!

nolanrupp
01-05-2011, 04:45 PM
I bought it from the store I work in. Not a corporate location. Our store is boss.

macpro88
02-20-2011, 11:20 PM
Got mine from a local store, mainly because they have their own insurance replacement plan that is not only same price as Verizon's, but covers a lot more, and instead of getting a refurb from Verizon, I get a brand new one out of the box :)

sugarnova
03-09-2011, 10:26 PM
Verizon store for $149. I'd have probably paid double too.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Bond007
03-09-2011, 10:32 PM
I bought mine through a private sale. I couldn't wait any longer for my upgrade. The DX is in mint condition and cost me $25 less then if I would have bought it through Verizon. SWEET DEAL!

gwilde
03-09-2011, 10:50 PM
Bought mine on phone from Verizon Rep. Said I was wanting to upgrade but was going to wait. She offered me 1 months Free service if I upgraded with her on the phone. My net price was $19. My base plan is $130/month which came off the $149. Smiling nicely.

sixfootfive
03-31-2011, 02:27 AM
Verizon, upgrade from bb curve

ashpdwinDX
03-31-2011, 02:33 AM
Verizon store for $350 I think..I forgot. Came out to $250 after the. $100 MIR.

Sent from....home..on dagobah

soxgrl37
03-31-2011, 08:27 AM
Wirefly!

I waited for a few months for Wirefly to come out with a deal for a free Droid X on an upgrade through Verizon and I finally got it! I was having issues purchasing online (no fault of the Wirefly website) so I had to call in. Besides the the scripted solicitation, constant and annoying use of the phonetic alphabet , and being on the phone for 20+ minutes, I am happier than ever. You can't beat a free $500 phone or even a subsidized one through Verizon directly.

~Aly :starstruck:

Jo5060
04-04-2011, 09:05 AM
From Verizon, upgrade from Samsung Intensity 140.00.

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums

redbert31
04-05-2011, 07:03 PM
From verizon.buy one get one free...my husband chose droid 2 global and he's on his third one since 12/2010. I guess I got the better part of the deal. I LOVE my x!!!

SierraRR
04-05-2011, 07:24 PM
From Verizon online with an upgrade.

Rockin stock X from Tapatalk.

Aquamadman
04-07-2011, 09:33 PM
Instore verizon, traded iphone 3gs for droid x and two year contract.

R00B00
04-10-2011, 11:17 PM
I bought my Droid X from Costco. Switched over from AT&T and there spotty coverage and have never been happier with a decision:)

Sent from my DROIDX

Midnight Highways
04-11-2011, 01:32 AM
Bought mine at Amazon for free. They've always been good and reliable to me so figured I'd give their wireless store some business.

Bandito
04-11-2011, 02:41 AM
Vzw for 50 reuped my contract

R00B00
04-17-2011, 04:25 PM
Bump

Sent from my DROIDX

ayla1209
05-08-2011, 10:40 AM
Amazon Wireless - paid $20 and couldn't be happier! Upgrade from BB Curve. :big smile:

Devildawg
07-02-2011, 03:16 AM
I got my droid x from costco upgraded my plan only paid 50 bucks

noto
07-02-2011, 03:29 AM
I purchased mine from Amazon Wireless back in March for $50. The best part is that they so not charge you tax or activation plus free 2 day shipping!

fbeals1
07-02-2011, 03:52 AM
Tell us more about your imsuramce

jeepjester97
07-06-2011, 07:47 PM
Vzw.. been a subscriber for 10 yrs

Nnnnr12
07-08-2011, 06:55 PM
Verizonwireless in lagrange for $200 contract price.

Sent from my DROIDX with gb root!!

Missouriexile
07-21-2011, 09:34 AM
I bought my DROIDX refurbished from Verizon. No problems. $99 when an upgrade was $250.

fernbch
08-16-2011, 07:42 PM
Bought mine, well ordered it anyway, online from vzw. It's a CPO (has zero issues) and was FREE!!. Listed at $99, on sale for $49, new every two credit = free! It's great to have a DX.

DroidlynnXDoes
05-31-2012, 10:32 PM
It took 3 trips to Costco to get my X. My parents were going to bring my X home as.a surprise on the night of March 23, then we went together on March 24, but they were sold out of X's, but on March 25, 2011 1130AM, the sales rep at Costco put X in my hands and she made her first DROID Cry while my Mum filled out her adoption paperwork. It brought tears to my eyes. Now she's over a year old, and still doing Droidtastic.