PDA

View Full Version : Diagram for ROMS?!

chuck54
08-18-2011, 12:57 PM
I don't get it. There are gingerbread bread, gb cm7 ROMS, and cm7 ROMS.
Gb - apex, 596, 602
/
Froyo
\
Cm7 - ssx liquid miui

So is cm7 is a brand of ROM, not a ROM version like gb froyo honeycomb etc.

So you can go from either from froyo but can't go back without a sbf.

And are there any honeycomb ROMS? And where would they fit?

Help is always appreciated!!

Sent from my DROIDX running liquid 2.6 while my Chevy (ssx) is broke..... boohoo

HarleyDude
08-18-2011, 01:01 PM
3 types, Froyo based ROMs, GB based ROMs and 2nd init ROMs.
cm7 is a 2nd init ROM (as is SSX and Liquid and MIUI)

cory46
08-18-2011, 01:01 PM
Cyanogen is a custom version of android its a rom. Right now all cyanogen based roms are gingerbread builds. They just run off our moto kernel for froyo ( about to change here hopefully soon)

596-602 are the official gingerbread builds for the x done by Motorola.

No honeycomb is for tablets only

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums

chuck54
08-18-2011, 01:03 PM
Ooooh ic so is most of that correct except the first statement w

Sent from my DROIDX running liquid 2.6 while my Chevy (ssx) is broke..... boohoo

chuck54
08-18-2011, 01:04 PM
Well dang there is alot of info out there

HarleyDude
08-18-2011, 01:06 PM
Ooooh ic so is most of that correct except the first statement w

yes, remove all the cm7 from your top row

chuck54
08-18-2011, 01:11 PM
Okay so how would I make my own? The builder from Moe mod was twelve or something and I think it would be cool to make my own

cory46
08-18-2011, 01:13 PM
Get a rom tear it apart, know some java, xml. Have a phone for testing purposes and read, read, read, learn, read some more, learn some more

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums

HarleyDude
08-18-2011, 01:15 PM
Okay so how would I make my own? The builder from Moe mod was twelve or something and I think it would be cool to make my own

Read, then read, then go read some more. When you get done that, you'll probably have to go read some stuff.
Good start would be the android dev site
Android Developers (http://developer.android.com/index.html)
good luck

and work quick, or ya get ninja'd

spodoc
08-18-2011, 01:28 PM

If you do decide to go the route of romming don't make the mistake of kanging someone else's work. If you use someone else's rom as a base (e.g. Rubix Focused 2 uses GummyJar 2.5 as a base) then ask the dev for permission. Apex 1.4.1 uses Liberty 1.5's email as an example and bigxie credits kejar if I recall correctly.

Been seeing some get kinda bent out of shape recently on twitter when their work gets coppied.

chuck54
08-18-2011, 05:57 PM
Ok I knew I wouldn't be able to make a whole lot without out sourcing to the big dog ROM makers lol thank you all for your help!