PDA

View Full Version : Help w/first ROM

w4ymt
08-16-2011, 06:07 PM
I have the Milestone x (mb809) running stock froyo android 2.2.2. I have rooted the phone with super1click and have the droid2 bootstrap and rom manager. I'd like to dive in now and install a new rom but am somewhat hesitant cuz of hearing horror stories of folks loosing baseband and having to sbf. Im with a small carrier called Appalachian Wireless and haven't been successful in locating their sbf. I was able to make a backup thru clockwork bootstrap. Can I just go ahead and flash any Droid X rom thru rom manager without fear of loosing data connectivty and Google apps?

Sent from my Milestone X using Droid X Forums

Nemo aeternamn
08-16-2011, 06:39 PM
i haven't really looked into the milestone x.... but if it's as similar to the droid... you should be able to just flash away...
and you only lose google apps on the aosp roms... but thru rom manager... you can go in and download the latest... and flash them and get them back pretty easy... once you know about it being there...haha

w4ymt
08-19-2011, 09:17 PM
Are you familiar with any decent ROMS that will work with this phone without messing with the baseband?

cory46
08-19-2011, 09:24 PM
Give this a look http://www.droidxforums.com/forum/milestone-x-hacks/33400-how-install-cm4dx-miui-milestone-x.html

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums

LiveToPonder
08-19-2011, 09:25 PM
Give this a look http://www.droidxforums.com/forum/milestone-x-hacks/33400-how-install-cm4dx-miui-milestone-x.html

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums

Ninjad by Shinobi...:big smile::big smile:

w4ymt
08-21-2011, 07:39 PM
I tried the instructions for MIUI and it hung at "installing package" had to pull the battery.

w4ymt
09-03-2011, 12:17 PM
Let me offer a piece of advice for anyone thinking of doing a "factory reset" while on a custom ROM using a Milestone X. DONT DO IT! Just dont do it. It will put Verizons baseband on the phone and if youre with Appalachian Wireless....youre SOL. Phone has to go back to Motorola and if youre lucky, you'll get a refurbished model. There is NO Appalachian Wireless SBF file on the open market anywhere. Period.