PDA

View Full Version : How to Edit a THEME that is in APK file successfully?

dAi
08-15-2011, 11:57 PM
Hi all,

I was editing some PNG files on one of the themes for CM7 that is formatted in APK and wanted to know the proper way to edit successfully an APK Theme file for cm7.

with zip files I just open it in 7zip not extract it, but just open it in archive and replace those new png files on the right folder and i just click close and hit yes for the updated and that's it

how can I edit an apk file, close it, and sign it without any problems? I after modifying an APK file and place it in the root of my sd, it won't install =/

I am a graphic designer and I know how to play with PNG files in Adobe Photoshop

NUNsLAUGHTER92
08-16-2011, 02:51 AM
Unzip the theme and delete the "META-INF" folder, zip it, change the extension to .apk and sign it with whatever you use.
In case you don't know how to sign it use zipsigner from the market.

"The road to hell is paved with good intentions"

dAi
08-17-2011, 01:17 AM
Unzip the theme and delete the "META-INF" folder, zip it, change the extension to .apk and sign it with whatever you use.
In case you don't know how to sign it use zipsigner from the market.

Thank you. I really appreciate it a lot. If I may ask, any specific instructions on zipping it? I've heard others not to compress it, but as store and other instructions which are not working for me.

Sent from my DROIDX

jmartinez748
08-17-2011, 01:57 AM
I use apk tool on regular apk's never used it with a theme in apk format but id assume it's the same

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums

cory46
08-17-2011, 02:08 AM
Use apkmanager
1 extract png
2 edit PNG
3 zip
4 sign
5 zipalign
6 ????
7 profit

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums

NUNsLAUGHTER92
08-17-2011, 03:20 AM
Thank you. I really appreciate it a lot. If I may ask, any specific instructions on zipping it? I've heard others not to compress it, but as store and other instructions which are not working for me.

Sent from my DROIDX

You can use the store function with 7zip I think and also the normal compression method. But I'm not exactly sure so try the normal compression first.