PDA

View Full Version : CM4DX Nightlies 61+

Droid-Xer
08-15-2011, 04:46 AM
CyanogenMod nightlies changelog for Cdma_shadow (http://cm-nightlies.appspot.com/?device=cdma_shadow)

All In One Fix Zip for CM4DX (http://rootzwiki.com/showthread.php?1347-All-In-One-Fix-Zip-for-CM4DX)

Nemo aeternamn
08-15-2011, 04:51 AM
i love how these keep coming and get better and better :) at this rate when an rc gets released... it'll be mind blowing

ashpdwinDX
08-15-2011, 06:12 AM
i love how these keep coming and get better and better :) at this rate when an rc gets released... it'll be mind blowing

This^

I'm on nightly 24 and it's still awesome. Holy moly I'm behind now. Haha time to flash nightly 59 I downloaded a few days ago.

Allan1
08-15-2011, 09:44 AM
I'm on miui right now. Can I just wipe everything and flash a nightly or do I have to restore to a cm7 backup.

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums

shftn2gear97
08-15-2011, 10:11 AM
I'm on miui right now. Can I just wipe everything and flash a nightly or do I have to restore to a cm7 backup.

Wipe and flash! =]

Allan1
08-15-2011, 10:47 AM
Wipe and flash! =]

Thanks

melfunn
08-15-2011, 11:35 AM
I'm on 60, running V6_SuperCharger v.7 & with updated radio .13. Could not be happier.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

macpro88
08-15-2011, 11:41 AM
Just flashed 60, been a while since on CM7, this is still awesome. And with the new radio flash, reception is even better!

Bkdodger
08-15-2011, 11:53 AM
Just flashed 60, been a while since on CM7, this is still awesome. And with the new radio flash, reception is even better!

Ive been looking to come back and test drive ...its been a long time since running one...just one zip for fixes?

Sent from elGato's X..
"I will not flash today...I will not flash tonight ..oh who am I kidding...."

BoostinBen
08-15-2011, 12:03 PM
Through ROM manager I do not wipe data and I just install the nightly then clear the cache and have had no problems or FC issues.

macpro88
08-15-2011, 12:06 PM
Ive been looking to come back and test drive ...its been a long time since running one...just one zip for fixes?

Sent from elGato's X..

yeah, must be on the .340 kernel to flash, so if your on 2nd-init, just flash the radio only file, and your good.

Bkdodger
08-15-2011, 12:09 PM
yeah, must be on the .340 kernel to flash, so if your on 2nd-init, just flash the radio only file, and your good.

Yup ...Im back on. 596 but will be making my way back soon ..haha

Sent from elGato's X..

Lynkdev
08-15-2011, 05:30 PM
im running 58 right now but my camera and youtube dont work. Is this normal and will 61 fix it? Also where can i find the updated radio please?

Edit, fixed my cam issue;)

melfunn
08-15-2011, 07:54 PM
Search for "baseband update .13p" for radio download. The first post on this thread has the all in one fix for camera, torch and battery indicator.

jsalze1
08-15-2011, 08:38 PM
I was on MIUI and downloaded clockwork rom manager to switch to CM7 61. I seem to have lost gmail and i can not add an account. am i doing something wrong?

macpro88
08-15-2011, 09:17 PM
I was on MIUI and downloaded clockwork rom manager to switch to CM7 61. I seem to have lost gmail and i can not add an account. am i doing something wrong?

Either flash GAPPS or download it form the Market.

bigmook
08-15-2011, 10:41 PM
Be sure.to.flash the.New 2.3.5 gapps

shawn
08-15-2011, 10:49 PM
For those using the inverted markets from over at rootzwiki easiest way to keep them when flashing new gaps is use 7zip to swap out the vending apk in the gapps.zip

lehman70
08-15-2011, 11:59 PM
Search for "baseband update .13p" for radio download. The first post on this thread has the all in one fix for camera, torch and battery indicator.

Thanks for the baseband update zip info. Nice:big smile:

BoostinBen
08-16-2011, 01:11 AM

Excuse my ignorance but where do I search for this? I can't find it in the ROM manager nor can I find a search option. I also can't find it on the market.

NM, found it here: http://www.droidxforums.com/forum/droid-x-hacks/34692-new-602-radio-improved-reception.html

j_ryan
08-16-2011, 11:05 AM
This is the first I've seen about this radio update. Does this apply to CM7? I would kill for better 3G performance. I'm constantly dropping out of 3G where I live while everyone else keeps a steady signal.

Nemo aeternamn
08-16-2011, 11:07 AM
This is the first I've seen about this radio update. Does this apply to CM7? I would kill for better 3G performance. I'm constantly dropping out of 3G where I live while everyone else keeps a steady signal.

It's for all... And because your on the froyo kernel... You can flash it no problem

We have nothing to fear but running out of beer

j_ryan
08-16-2011, 01:28 PM
Just flashed that radio update. Had to reactivate my X, but everything went smoothly. Still getting about -99Dbm by the window where my phone stays. I wonder if this will sort out the issue many of us seem to have where 3G drops out continually?

TankRizzo
08-16-2011, 02:14 PM
Just flashed the latest nightly and the radio update, so far everything is going good.

Quick, dumb question; how often should you reset the battery data? Is it worth doing it every couple nightlies or is it just a waste of time/effort?

Nemo aeternamn
08-16-2011, 02:46 PM
You should do it about once a month... With the nightlies... If your doing everyone... There wont be a point to it.. So when you get one you wanna run for a while... Do it then :)

TankRizzo
08-16-2011, 03:01 PM
You should do it about once a month... With the nightlies... If your doing everyone... There wont be a point to it.. So when you get one you wanna run for a while... Do it then :)

Nah, not doing every nightly, just one every now and again or if something noteable changes. Thanks!

TankRizzo
08-16-2011, 03:13 PM
ugh...one more thing...I changed something in LED notifications, now when I get an e-mail I just get a solid green LED until I check it. Any way to reset this?

**EDIT**

Nevermind, it's working fine now.

griz.droidx
08-17-2011, 08:59 AM
Just flashed the new radio and Nightly 62. Had to restore a froyo nandroid because I have to manually activate. Where are those "battery fixes" everyone has been talking about? The battery life hasn't really gotten any better for me. I still have to calibrate, but I did flash on a full charge.

Skicr8z
08-17-2011, 05:34 PM
I'm on nightly 61 and I've had some issues with the camcorder and camera freezing/studdering. Anyone else?

I have the patch installed.

Ro6d33zy
08-17-2011, 06:42 PM
The "radio" is strictly for 3g right? Won't help Wifi signals or anything like that, right?

macpro88
08-17-2011, 06:44 PM
The "radio" is strictly for 3g right? Won't help Wifi signals or anything like that, right?

I think it should help with wifi as well... not too sure though...

griz.droidx
08-17-2011, 06:47 PM
Haven't tried those things but I will. Okay, just tried both using the stock app which i normally do not use. However, I am not experiencing any problems. Keep in mind I only took about 5 pics using different flash and other settings including zoom. With the camcorder, it seemed to work just fine. With the camcorder I only recorded about 20 sec of material.

Going back to battery life. After my first calibration, its much better. I am going to use my phone heavily tonight to see how it goes. With medium - light usage, I am experiencing a drop of about 5% for every 1.5 hours. You could extrapolate this to 30hours per charge. This is with V6 option 8 HTK launcher too. Also undervolted/overclocked. At 300mhz my vsel is 18. at 1175, its about 59-62, there about. I'm using cpu spy that someone told me about to see which freq's are being used. I'm also using the interactive gov.

I had to manually activate and haven't been anywhere to update towers/roaming info with *228. Right now, I can tell zero difference in the with the radio upgrade to 13.

droid512
08-19-2011, 11:59 AM
sooooo I have to sbf from .596 re root, install clockwork, flash cm7 then update nightlies, and then fix the radio right?!?

sorry for the noob double check

Nemo aeternamn
08-19-2011, 12:05 PM
sooooo I have to sbf from .596 re root, install clockwork, flash cm7 then update nightlies, and then fix the radio right?!?

sorry for the noob double check

Pretty much... You can flash the radio anytime once back on the froyo kernel

Stuckinabox
08-20-2011, 03:54 PM
Just flashed the new radio and Nightly 62. Had to restore a froyo nandroid because I have to manually activate. Where are those "battery fixes" everyone has been talking about? The battery life hasn't really gotten any better for me. I still have to calibrate, but I did flash on a full charge.

To be honest, I feel like 90% of the changes in battery life people have been talking about aren't real, just a combination of different phones, amounts of usage, personal settings, and flashing too much to give one a chance. I've said it before, but unless there are subtle changes we don't know about, I just haven't seen anything in the changelog that points to improved power usage. Maybe a few resource tweaks here and there, but I haven't ever seen a dramatic change in life. I've found that battery improves on any nightly if you just calibrate and stick to it for awhile.

And now it sounds like your usage is great. I'm on the extended battery and if I set the phone down and walk away it'll last a little over 24 hours. What do you have set up to sync?

fezrock
08-20-2011, 04:09 PM
To be honest, I feel like 90% of the changes in battery life people have been talking about aren't real, just a combination of different phones, amounts of usage, personal settings, and flashing too much to give one a chance. I've said it before, but unless there are subtle changes we don't know about, I just haven't seen anything in the changelog that points to improved power usage. Maybe a few resource tweaks here and there, but I haven't ever seen a dramatic change in life. I've found that battery improves on any nightly if you just calibrate and stick to it for awhile.

And now it sounds like your usage is great. I'm on the extended battery and if I set the phone down and walk away it'll last a little over 24 hours. What do you have set up to sync?

I agree. After my last nightly I thought it was improving, but I still lost 20%ish while sleeping 6-8 hours. Same as all 2nd inits.

lehman70
08-20-2011, 07:24 PM
I'm having a problem with my dialer. Running build #62 and everything was good until I flashed the baseband update .13p zip. Not sure if it is the cause but now if I make multiple calls after ending the first call my dialer tells me I am connected to the next contact but no audio, ringtone, etc. Call is being logged and timed but nothing. Screen is slow and lags. I have to exit the dialer app, go to homescreen and reopen the dialer in order to get it to work. Really aggravating. Any thoughts on fixes? Maybe move on to a newer build?

cw0974
08-20-2011, 07:57 PM
i'm on nightly 64 without any problems. I honestly liked miui due to the mix and match theming i can do but its too unstable at this point and cm7 treats me very well. something weird about 64 is that when i unplug it from my charger at 100%, it tells me i have 97% left.

burntoast
08-23-2011, 01:02 PM
I just installed CM7 on my X and only have the option to flash nightles 63-69 which would you guys recomend and is thier any other pacth or fix i should install?

Nemo aeternamn
08-23-2011, 01:31 PM
I'd just go with the newest one... And you'll one to flash razors all in one zip fix

02serv
08-25-2011, 05:10 AM
just flashed 69 and now my wifi doesn't seem to get a good signal went back to 68 and the signal is strong is there a way to fix for the newer nightlies

Stuckinabox
08-25-2011, 01:13 PM
just flashed 69 and now my wifi doesn't seem to get a good signal went back to 68 and the signal is strong is there a way to fix for the newer nightlies

You probably won't want to hear this but I'll bet if you gave it another try you'd get different results. Whether or not my wifi even connects when I first switch it on can be pretty random sometimes.

lehman70
08-25-2011, 11:18 PM
Does the radio update need to be flashed with each new nightly we install?

xxprodigyxx11
08-26-2011, 12:11 AM
Does the radio update need to be flashed with each new nightly we install?

Nope. Only need to flash it if u flash a rom with the old radio file. Which the nightlies don't include.

lehman70
08-26-2011, 01:45 AM
^^ Thanks.

02serv
08-26-2011, 09:31 AM
thanks for the help I'll try flashing it again

cleopete
08-27-2011, 01:02 AM
I can tell zero difference in the with the radio upgrade to 13.

Going from 7 to 13 is what finally made Hulu Plus work for me. I didn't try that for the longest time because I didn't see how it could help. I still don't get it, but I do get the Daily Show now so I'm just going to stop picking at that thread.

IhasDroidX
08-29-2011, 07:11 PM
Just installed nightly 75 and cant get the camera to work. The camcorder function works but the camera FC every time I try to take a picture....and its getting annoying!!!

after doing the nightly I also did the "all in one fix" and its still not working :(

ryant35
08-29-2011, 07:12 PM
Flashed 75 this morning and WiFi kept coming on by itself all day until I pulled the battery. Seems good so far.

just4sc
08-30-2011, 07:18 PM
Flashed 75 this morning and WiFi kept coming on by itself all day until I pulled the battery. Seems good so far. Flashed 76 and battery is draining fast! Went from 100 to 81 in less than an hour and I barely used it for browsing for about twenty minutes or so... I hope it gets better.....soon....

ryant35
08-30-2011, 07:41 PM
Flashed 76 and battery is draining fast! Went from 100 to 81 in less than an hour and I barely used it for browsing for about twenty minutes or so... I hope it gets better.....soon....

Glad I forgot to flash it this morning... going camping for a week and I need good battery life so I will wait to flash anything until I get back.

lehman70
09-01-2011, 02:41 AM
After flashing build #71 my device started having major issues. Lag, basic unresponsiveness, so I tried flashing build 42 which performed great on my device at the time. Not so. Same problems persist. Seems after flashing rom manager to the new version "blue script" I can't shake bad device behavior. I have not done an SBF yet but tempted to. Any advice?

lehman70
09-01-2011, 02:59 AM
Updated 2nd-init in ROM manager. 5.0.0.8 I've changed nightlies since build 20 or so and no real issues until now. Need a fix.

Stuckinabox
09-01-2011, 02:00 PM
Maybe back up your apps, then wipe data and cache in CWM and flash from there?

ryandsouza
09-01-2011, 02:58 PM
Just to confirm, I have to sbf to .340 flash CM7, flash the all-fix, flash the radio fix and flash the nighlie as well? Can this all be done at once, like one after another in clockworkmod recovery

Stuckinabox
09-01-2011, 03:13 PM
Once you get to clockwork from .340, wipe data and cache and flash a nightly, then flash any other fixes you want and boot.

ryandsouza
09-01-2011, 03:33 PM
Sorry i should have specified. I am still on stock .620. I still need the main CM7 file right? or do I need just the nightly?

zoe
09-01-2011, 04:14 PM
just the nightly, each is a full rom

sometimes owls are big

ryandsouza
09-01-2011, 04:19 PM
ah, glad I asked then :) any recommended nightly?

zoe
09-01-2011, 07:58 PM
the later ones tend to have more in the way of fixes, but they can
also slide backwards at times...

I'm currently running the gb kernel cm7, so i don't have a current opinion on the most recent official nightlies, last I used was #67 (i think) it was good for me at the time

you can readily flash between them though with just a dalvik wipe, the first boot afterwards will be longer but you also won't (shouldn't) lose anything...

sometimes owls are big

lehman70
09-01-2011, 11:27 PM
Thanks Stuckinabox. That's is what I did. Things are running smoothly with the newer build but now Titanium Backup Pro has dissappeared from my app drawer and is not checked in the hide apps menu. No Longer in the download menu on my sd using Astro But several tibu files are showing up when I search system using Astro. So I uninstal and re-install. Same problem. Market says it is installed but I have no shortcut icon to open the app. Solution to this annoying problem please?

lehman70
09-03-2011, 12:16 AM
^^ Fixed. Just used RM to install an older backup. And flashed again. Must have had a corrupt download. Everything is great now.

Next question. Now that CM7 is available on the Gingerbread kernel are all the devs going to abandon work on the Froyo kernel 2nd-init?

zoe
09-03-2011, 03:36 PM
i imagine they will, but only when the gb kernel 2 init is more 'stable'...

I've been running cm4dxgb (still considered alpha i believe) for 'bout a week w/o issues, but millage varies for many ppl

can't see any reason once the bugs get worked out for devs to use the froyo kernel, it's just this was the only option initially

semper fidelis tyrannosaurus

mapatton82
09-07-2011, 09:57 AM
Can anyone confirm is the Official Nightlies are out with the updater for the kernel? I know CVPCS said this might be out this week.

Nemo aeternamn
09-07-2011, 11:22 AM
Can anyone confirm is the Official Nightlies are out with the updater for the kernel? I know CVPCS said this might be out this week.

The official nightlies with the ginger kernel are not out yet... Cvpcs is still working on this... Eta is about a week... Maybe a few days more our a few days lees

mapatton82
09-07-2011, 11:33 AM
The official nightlies with the ginger kernel are not out yet... Cvpcs is still working on this... Eta is about a week... Maybe a few days more our a few days lees

Thanks! Just wondering, running Apex now but I plan on switching when this is released!!

lehman70
09-15-2011, 09:54 PM
First CM7 on the GB kernel, Then the Bionic release, Looks like CM7 on the Froyo kernel is waaaaay on the backburner now. Was patiently waiting for the merge. May have to just jump to the gingy kernel.

Nemo aeternamn
09-15-2011, 10:01 PM
First CM7 on the GB kernel, Then the Bionic release, Looks like CM7 on the Froyo kernel is waaaaay on the backburner now. Was patiently waiting for the merge. May have to just jump to the gingy kernel.

They're working in merging the two... So hopefully in a week it two... On the official nightlies will be in the ginger kernel

lehman70
09-15-2011, 10:15 PM
So will the merged version show up in the mirror network we've been using to download nightly zips? Or is there for some strange reason a new location for nightly downloads?

Nemo aeternamn
09-15-2011, 10:18 PM
So will the merged version show up in the mirror network we've been using to download nightly zips? Or is there for some strange reason a new location for nightly downloads?

It will be in the same location...and it well bring you to the ginger kernel

lehman70
09-15-2011, 10:22 PM
I'm sure others are wondering because of the lack of activity lately with the nightly builds.

lehman70
09-15-2011, 10:29 PM
Thanks Nemo! I'm just gonna wait patiently I'm on a good build with great battery life. My favorite cat I used to have was named Nemo. He was pretty cool.

zoe
09-15-2011, 10:30 PM
kernel.org got hacked... no source to build from... patience...

but, rev just dropped a new incremental build for cm7 gb kernel over at rootz. doesn't change much/anything big, just gets it synced back/in line/ up to date with the official cm

(____((_________::: ~~~

lehman70
09-15-2011, 10:41 PM
kernel.org got hacked... no source to build from... patience...

but, rev just dropped a new incremental build for cm7 gb kernel over at rootz. doesn't change much/anything big, just gets it synced back/in line/ up to date with the official cm

I was wondering what was going on. Thought I was the last guy at the party for a bit there.

zoe
09-15-2011, 11:34 PM
the un-cool kinda hacking... but it did give a bunch ppl time to let their phones settle into the rom for a bit, way too many grumble about batt. life within the first few hrs. but it does take some time to calibrate properly...

Nemo aeternamn
09-15-2011, 11:46 PM
the un-cool kinda hacking... but it did give a bunch ppl time to let their phones settle into the rom for a bit, way too many grumble about batt. life within the first few hrs. but it does take some time to calibrate properly...

it doesn't take time...haha... although now that i haven't really flashed... i've finally hit the fifteen hour mark with my phone... that just means i need to flash more... right?

lehman70
09-16-2011, 05:27 PM
My battery life has been good enough that I haven't undervolted in weeks. No mid -day plug ins I'm good to go. Set governor to performance:big smile:

lehman70
09-19-2011, 08:35 PM
Anything amazing in nightly 96? Is it worth leaving my current build I'm quite happy with.

mooler
09-24-2011, 11:31 PM
I just noticed this in the next nightly changelog: FM: support seeking on broadcom hardware (http://review.cyanogenmod.com/6157) Im not sure if the FM chip is Broadcom but Could this mean support for the FM Radio coming in the future? That and the Blur Camera are the only 2 things I miss. I actually miss FM the most because I dont get any data service at work and I cant stream local sports because of blackout restrictions for broadcasts over the internet. Plus I would love to listen to some local stations on break :wink:

tchnclfl
10-02-2011, 03:43 PM
Bootlooped after installing Nightly 109 over #106...Was I supposed to do something before flashing it?

I'll try clearing the cache and rebooting..

dfogelstrom
10-03-2011, 03:09 PM
That should have worked. I always wipe cache and dalvik cache as well. I had no problems going to 109 from 106.
On a different note, Does anybody know when the nightlys are gunna update to GB? Or was that just a myth? I had the CM7GB for a while, i went back to the regular CM thinking it was gunna update to GB in a nightly...

tchnclfl
10-03-2011, 06:18 PM
That should have worked. I always wipe cache and dalvik cache as well. I had no problems going to 109 from 106.
On a different note, Does anybody know when the nightlys are gunna update to GB? Or was that just a myth? I had the CM7GB for a while, i went back to the regular CM thinking it was gunna update to GB in a nightly...

I'm not sure. Seems like they'll have to merge it in with the official CM tree. Plus there still seem to be lots of problems so they'll want to have it at least as functional as the Froyo kernel before release.

gbrinn
10-03-2011, 07:17 PM

"Soon"©

"First rule of CM is never ask for ETAs." Lol;)

Nemo aeternamn
10-03-2011, 07:55 PM
"Soon"©

"First rule of CM is never ask for ETAs." Lol;)

Haha... Well put : D

bmzero
10-03-2011, 08:29 PM
Looks like 110 for me tomorrow. I'm currently on 78.

Have you guys noticed any better battery life from the later releases?

I have gone from Liberty to this ROM and love it. Works almost flawlessly for me.

-b

lehman70
10-04-2011, 12:05 AM
Battery life just keeps getting better. I don't even undervolt anymore because I easily get through the day without needing a charge. I'm on 104. Waiting patiently for the GB kernel merge.

maybish
10-04-2011, 12:19 AM
I just went from 78 to 109 today and not seeing much difference in battery. But well see how that goes tomorrow when I have a full charge and a full day to test it.

~~**May's Xoooommmm**~~

Droid-Xer
10-04-2011, 03:52 AM
Hey may what's up? Saw an attempted PM from you, my inbox is empty now.

gbrinn
10-04-2011, 01:52 PM
Looks like 110 for me tomorrow. I'm currently on 78.

Have you guys noticed any better battery life from the later releases?

I have gone from Liberty to this ROM and love it. Works almost flawlessly for me.

-b

Battery is pretty good on CM7-GB. I think you guys will like it once the merger happens.

Soon©

bmzero
10-05-2011, 02:24 AM
Installed 110 this evening. I don't see any issues so far.

I really like the new lock screen and the ability to launch an app(s) directly from a locked phone.

-b

maybish
10-06-2011, 02:54 PM
Hey may what's up? Saw an attempted PM from you, my inbox is empty now.

Hey....was having xoom issues but I'm good now!! Thanks!

****sent from May's pink cm7 X!!!***

maybish
10-06-2011, 02:57 PM
Oh wait that wasn't it...haha I'm confused!!! I had some questions about the nightlies but these guys were awesome and helped me out! Thanks!

Lynkdev
10-07-2011, 08:28 PM
Trying to update from nightly 91 to 114 but every time i try to install from sdcard after going into being in recovery i get this error. I have re-downloaded also with no progress..is something wrong with my card?

I wipe cache and davlik also

Installing update...
assert failed: run_program("/tmp/check_kernel")
== 0
E:Error in /sdcard/cm_shadow_full-114.zip
(status 7)
Installation aborted

Lynkdev
10-07-2011, 10:13 PM
If i just updated to the CM4DX-GB-20111006b2, can i still update to nightly 114? also since i just upgraded to the new CM4DX..if i were to wipe data/factory reset, it would go back to this version correct?

popcenator
10-07-2011, 10:47 PM
No as they're built off different kernels.

on the move..

Nemo aeternamn
10-07-2011, 10:51 PM
If i just updated to the CM4DX-GB-20111006b2, can i still update to nightly 114? also since i just upgraded to the new CM4DX..if i were to wipe data/factory reset, it would go back to this version correct?

each build rev put's out is synced with the latest code... so it has all the stuff from the froyo kernel... and he makes it work for us...

gbrinn
10-07-2011, 10:53 PM

As popcenator said, they're different kernels. The 20111006b2 is based off the Ginberbread kernel while 114 is Froyo-based. If you want the GB-kernel, you have a couple choices. You can SBF to and then root .602, then flash 20111006b2 - OR - you can wait for the kernel merger. Once the kernel merger happens, you take the latest official nightly and voila, you're on GB. This merger is coming "SoonTM"...

Lynkdev
10-07-2011, 10:58 PM
Thanks for clearing thinks up guys.

jasonmeurer
10-11-2011, 10:58 PM
At some point around nightly 97 I lost the ability to see Track/Song info on my car display through Bluetooth. I am running baseband .13 and nightly 118. Had the same experience on a couple of nightlies in between. Not a need to have, but if anyone has any quick fixes other than rolling back, I would appreciate it.

drluna
10-16-2011, 01:02 AM
I just flashed nightly 122. Which kernel should I be running?

This is my first time trying CM and I sbf'd back to .340 in order to flash the nightly.

The kernel version says 2.6.32.9-g55626e1. Is this correct?

maybish
10-16-2011, 11:38 AM
Thats what mine says!

gunner1982
10-19-2011, 05:25 PM
Damn im on. 605 is that a problem

Nemo aeternamn
10-19-2011, 05:46 PM
only if you wanna run the official nightlies... you can pick up the unoffical nightly which is on the ginger kernel... and you'll be all good

Lynkdev
10-19-2011, 09:26 PM
So i cant manage to get on CM7 from .340 or .605 without boot loops...ugh. Im on the 55626e1 kernel.

My process,

Adter SBF'n to .340..i use the droid 3 root method, download Droid 2 RB, go into recovery and wipe cache, davlik and flash the newest nightly #124 and then reboot to only go into a bootloop?

What am i doing wrong? this will happen even after updating to .605 and using the CM4DX b2 zip...

Lynkdev
10-19-2011, 10:15 PM
Ok managed to get on nightly #124, what i did was after wiping data, cache and davlik. Flashed nightly, then went back and wiped data again and rebooted..? not sure why this worked...Do we still need the all in one fix to flash also or are the fixes included with 124?

thanks.

InsomNiaC
10-20-2011, 11:03 PM
after you sbf to .340 go through the process of rooting etc, install the rom then do a battery pull. Re-install battery and do a factory reset using the home+power button method. that's what i did and it worked fine.

lehman70
10-21-2011, 04:41 AM
I had a Bootloop after installing 127 letting ROM manager instal with backup. Current Rom was 106. I pulled battery and replaced. Device rebooted. No issues. No recovery required stock or custom.

lehman70
10-21-2011, 05:00 AM
Froyo to Froyo of course.

Don't be scurrd of a boot loop.

Dave37
10-27-2011, 03:10 PM
I'm on nightly 45 or something, I don't quite remember. Can I flash the newest nightly over this one without a problem?

Are the new nightlys still on the froyo kernel?

Nemo aeternamn
10-27-2011, 03:16 PM
I'm on nightly 45 or something, I don't quite remember. Can I flash the newest nightly over this one without a problem?

Yup... Just wipe the cache partition and dalvik first... Just to make sure things start clean

Post script: and yes... The official nights are still on the froyo kernel

InsomNiaC
10-30-2011, 03:20 AM
are they going to integrate this with the GB kernal anytime soon?

Nemo aeternamn
10-30-2011, 03:38 AM
are they going to integrate this with the GB kernal anytime soon?

supposedly.... Best bet is to wait for cvpcs to tell us what's going on in a blog update

lehman70
11-20-2011, 05:56 PM
What's this I see in the next nightly changelog? "1.19.3 Allow common tree for ICS/gingerbread by a single switch"

Stuckinabox
11-20-2011, 08:53 PM
What's this I see in the next nightly changelog? "1.19.3 Allow common tree for ICS/gingerbread by a single switch"

It's in the changelog for every device. Some dev related thing that has to do with busybox, don't get excited.

lehman70
11-20-2011, 09:49 PM
Listless sigh.

pheonix991
12-12-2011, 08:02 AM
On current build... Better battery life than the 72 build I had, but, still horrible.

patshatner
12-14-2011, 07:45 PM
What's the process of installing a new nightly over a previous one? I'm honestly not sure which nightly I'm on right now. I know I got it in late September, though.

Do I just need to download it to my SD card, then install over the current version after clearing cache and dalvik? Or do I need to SBF back to stock before I do this?

Skicr8z
12-15-2011, 10:33 AM
What's the process of installing a new nightly over a previous one? I'm honestly not sure which nightly I'm on right now. I know I got it in late September, though.

Do I just need to download it to my SD card, then install over the current version after clearing cache and dalvik? Or do I need to SBF back to stock before I do this?

Yes, that is correct. You do not need to SBF. You only need to SBF if the kernel changes and they still have not made the jump to the Gingerbread kernel.

minigts
12-26-2011, 10:13 AM
I'm not sure where to ask this, so I figured I'd ask here in case there is an update I'm missing.

And I don't know if this is something I'll just have to deal with, but there is no auto-brightness setting on my phone anymore after moving to CM7. My current build is CM7 (7.1.0), Android 2.3.4 with the 2.6.32.9-g55626e1 kernel. If more info is needed, please let me know. Am I the only one missing this feature? BTW, I love the CM7 and appreciate all the updates, so please don't take this as a complaint. :)

lehman70
12-28-2011, 02:58 AM
I'm not sure where to ask this, so I figured I'd ask here in case there is an update I'm missing.

And I don't know if this is something I'll just have to deal with, but there is no auto-brightness setting on my phone anymore after moving to CM7. My current build is CM7 (7.1.0), Android 2.3.4 with the 2.6.32.9-g55626e1 kernel. If more info is needed, please let me know. Am I the only one missing this feature? BTW, I love the CM7 and appreciate all the updates, so please don't take this as a complaint. :)

Are you missing the widget toggle? Some themes may not include it. Not sure if stock CM7 has the widget toggle. You should be able to press the left hardkey then settings then display and set autobrightness there.

minigts
12-28-2011, 06:33 AM
This is what I have. There are no additional options and this is one of many themes I have set it to. Where else would it possibly show?

lehman70
12-28-2011, 09:42 PM
That's where it should be. How old is that build. I'm going back and forth between CM9 and official CM7 build #152 and running the mixer theme. And that build with mixer has both the toggle widget in landscape and aoutobrightness option in settings under display. I know that can get you there. Someone else with deeper knowledge like Nemo Aeterman with the rescue squad could help you. Try the help thread. Here is the link.
Gingerbread Help (http://www.droidxforums.com/forum/gingerbread-help/)

gunner1982
01-29-2012, 06:17 PM
I'm sorry but I have looked everywhere and cannot find a download link for the latest cm4dx gb anywhere

cory46
01-29-2012, 06:28 PM
I'm sorry but I have looked everywhere and cannot find a download link for the latest cm4dx gb anywhere

http://rootzwiki.com/topic/10191-updated-info-on-revnumbers-cm4dx-gb1-batt-and-fm-radio-added/

gunner1982
01-29-2012, 06:34 PM
thank you

minigts
02-27-2012, 12:31 AM
Not a noob, just haven't done this that often, but is the file in the link posted above the image for the CM7 ROM? Assuming once I do a backup of my data, I just need to get a base Verizon image, apply this and root? I didn't see an instruction set anywhere. I've only rooted my phone twice, successful both times I will add. :) Went to Vortex and as much as I loved the speed, I've had a few issues that I didn't care for and CM7 seemed to be more stable, so coming back to it.

savagerun
02-27-2012, 12:43 AM
Not a noob, just haven't done this that often, but is the file in the link posted above the image for the CM7 ROM? Assuming once I do a backup of my data, I just need to get a base Verizon image, apply this and root? I didn't see an instruction set anywhere. I've only rooted my phone twice, successful both times I will add. :) Went to Vortex and as much as I loved the speed, I've had a few issues that I didn't care for and CM7 seemed to be more stable, so coming back to it.

What exactly are you on now?

minigts
02-27-2012, 12:50 AM
What exactly are you on now?

Running 2.3.3 and Vortex ROM is build number VortexXGB RC1. Honestly it's not buggy, but there are a few things that go on I don't care for whereas I didn't have the problems with CM7. One main issue I have is the keyboard is locking up on text messages and it seems to be that only. I installed a slider keyboard which may have caused the issue, but even after I uninstalled it the problem persisted. I don't have the time to try and fool around with updating files or trying to fix it so I planned to just move back to CM7 because I liked the build when I moved to it a while ago. Should have just stayed with it, but I thought I would test the waters to see how the other ROMs operated.

savagerun
02-27-2012, 01:01 AM
The link cory posted above is cm7 on the Gingerbread Kernel which you can install right over vortex. Just press your power button and select reboot then select recovery. Once in recovery do all your wipes data, cache partition and davlik then install the latest build which is here http://goo-inside.me/roms/RandPooka/Pooka-CM4DX-GB-20120219.r1.zip once that's installed go back to choose zip from sd card and select it then find your gapps zip which is here http://goo-inside.me/gapps/gapps-gb-20110828-signed.zip and install it then select reboot system when it's done.

minigts
02-27-2012, 01:12 AM
The link cory posted above is cm7 on the Gingerbread Kernel which you can install right over vortex. Just press your power button and select reboot then select recovery. Once in recovery do all your wipes data, cache partition and davlik then install the latest build which is here Goo-inside.me Downloads - Downloading Pooka-CM4DX-GB-20120219.r1.zip (http://goo-inside.me/roms/RandPooka/Pooka-CM4DX-GB-20120219.r1.zip) once that's installed go back to choose zip from sd card and select it then find your gapps zip which is here Goo-inside.me Downloads - Downloading gapps-gb-20110828-signed.zip (http://goo-inside.me/gapps/gapps-gb-20110828-signed.zip) and install it then select reboot system when it's done.

Great to know! I'm about to do a backup and then update the phone. Thanks for the info, I just don't keep up with the requirements and what works with what like I used to. Love the phone and it works for what I need, so no real reason to update it like I did with my BB Storm. We were hoping for the gold code every leak of a "ROM" so much that I would be flashing my phone about once a month, if not sooner. This is much better. haha

minigts
02-27-2012, 02:17 AM
Hmm, I wiped the cache and delvik cache, installed the r1.zip file and the other file, rebooted and now it's in infinite boot loop. I tried doing power button + home to get into the recovery mode, but I get the little ! warning. Any suggestions before I wipe the whole thing and just start from scratch? Wasn't planning to have problems this late in the evening. :(

towbiz
02-27-2012, 02:42 AM
Push both volume buttons then use volume to scroll and power button to select clear data and cache then reboot system

minigts
02-28-2012, 03:32 PM
Thanks for the help, I was able to get the phone running again. Just needed to get used to the process of getting out of a hole. :)

wwwroot
03-20-2012, 04:36 PM
I'm on the latest nightly and I'm noticing HORRIBLE battery life. Drains to eighty percent within the first half hour of moderate use. I re installed advanced task killer so I could start killing programs that didn't shut down themselves and my available memory after a kill is anywhere from one hundred to one hundred and fifty. Those are HORRIBLE numbers considering before my real low end was one seventy.

Goose306
03-20-2012, 05:10 PM
I'm on the latest nightly and I'm noticing HORRIBLE battery life. Drains to eighty percent within the first half hour of moderate use. I re installed advanced task killer so I could start killing programs that didn't shut down themselves and my available memory after a kill is anywhere from one hundred to one hundred and fifty. Those are HORRIBLE numbers considering before my real low end was one seventy.

How's about moving to YACK/Pooka? The officials are ungood....

Sent from my unthrottled shadow MIUI v4!

B3N
03-20-2012, 05:14 PM
where can i get my hands on the latest cm4dx
got a link

Thanks SAVAGERUN

savagerun
03-20-2012, 05:19 PM
where can i get my hands on the latest cm4dx
got a link

Here ya go http://rootzwiki.com/topic/10191-updated-info-on-revnumbers-cm4dx-gb/

wwwroot
03-20-2012, 10:38 PM
How's about moving to YACK/Pooka? The officials are ungood....

Wth is yack/pooka?

Goose306
03-20-2012, 10:49 PM
Wth is yack/pooka?

A few of the unofficial real GB CM7. Pooka's is the link in the post directly above yours, YACK is BMc's, there is a thread for it under Gingerbread rooms here. Recommend either over the officials any day of the week. Make sure you SBF to the Gingerbread kernel before flashing either.

wwwroot
03-22-2012, 02:39 AM
A few of the unofficial real GB CM7. Pooka's is the link in the post directly above yours, YACK is BMc's, there is a thread for it under Gingerbread rooms here. Recommend either over the officials any day of the week. Make sure you SBF to the Gingerbread kernel before flashing either.

It took me a day to figure it out but I am pooka now. That's the one where I'm getting horrible battery life.

In going to throw YACK on now and see how out goes.

lehman70
03-29-2012, 12:37 AM
I've been switching back and forth between GB-CM7 and CM9 because MMS works on this ROM amongst other little bugs when I need a ROM that's more completely developed. I hit the camera shutter hardkey and the cam loaded and worked using the hardkey. When did this happen?! Pretty sweet! Haven't had a camera hardkey since Froyo. NIce!

AndroidTrainee
04-04-2012, 07:47 AM
Hey does the camcorder works?

Scott26
07-07-2012, 12:12 AM
Okay I am going back to GB to get all the full functions of a phone again ICS is great but I want stable and full functions. Is there anything extra I need to do besides install the zip and gapps? Fixes issues?

Nemo aeternamn
07-07-2012, 12:17 AM
Hey does the camcorder works?

yes it does... because this thread is for cm7 official... on the froyo kernel...

Okay I am going back to GB to get all the full functions of a phone again ICS is great but I want stable and full functions. Is there anything extra I need to do besides install the zip and gapps? Fixes issues?

this is for official nightlies... so i believe it would need a patch or two... been so long since i ran it... i don't remember... if you want one that has complete functionality... and is on the ginger kernel... check out cm7 over on rootz... the thread is here

Updated Info On RevNumbers CM4DX-GB(5/22/2012, HDMI Out, 1% Battery, No Charge LED, FM radio, Charge While Off) - CyanogenMod [shadow] - RootzWiki (http://rootzwiki.com/topic/10191-updated-info-on-revnumbers-cm4dx-gb5222012-hdmi-out-1-battery-no-charge-led-fm-radio-charge-while-off/page__pid__248822#entry248822)

Madmick
03-31-2013, 06:12 AM

What are the biggest complaints with the official releases, Goose? I flashed the latest CM7 Nightly from the official site (2013-03-01) (http://download.cyanogenmod.com/?device=shadow). I do have four gripes:

I can't get Swype Beta 1.4 to work. First I installed it on a batch restore from TiBu Pro, but it wasn't working, so I tried uninstalling it, then reinstalling it from the Beta 1.35 installer, then updating to 1.4. Still no dice. I've checked the box in "Language and Input" for Swype, but it simply won't use that keyboard. I even tried freezing the default Android keyboard, but all that accomplished was that no keyboard would pop up when I selected a text field.
Any alterations to the lockscreen (style, gesture, wallpaper, etc.) require a reboot to take effect. That's annoying.
I can't figure out how to drag apps from one screen to the next. If I drag the app over to the side of the screen it simply won't auto-scroll. I loved Wizard's MIUI the most for the ability to push and hold to pick up the app, then use my other finger to swipe from screen to screen. That is much faster and easier to control than the typical Android method of dragging and carrying to the side of the screen.
I can't kill apps from the home app menu (the one brought up by holding the home key). I know this is an ICS feature, but Wizard's MIUI at least had a workaround for GB.

But the battery life is destroying the battery life I got on MIUI. The standby battery life on MIUI was god-awful. I wonder now if I simply got a bad install or something. My phone would drain in 10-12 hours from a full charge to nothing on pure standby.

BTW, if I decide to flash over to another CM, will I have to SBF again? I SBF'd to 2.3.340 FroYo for the install of this CM7, and flashing the zip automatically took me to 2.3.7 GB. The bootloader of the Droid X is locked, so it's worth it to try a simple factory wipe/reset in Recovery and a straight flash of a different 2nd Init ROM, isn't it? If it soft bricks I just SBF anyway, after all, is what I'm thinking.

Madmick
03-31-2013, 06:28 AM
BTW, if I decide to flash over to another CM, will I have to SBF again? I SBF'd to 2.3.340 FroYo for the install of this CM7, and flashing the zip automatically took me to 2.3.7 GB. The bootloader of the Droid X is locked, so it's worth it to try a simple factory wipe/reset in Recovery and a straight flash of a different 2nd Init ROM, isn't it? If it soft bricks I just SBF anyway, after all, is what I'm thinking.
Ah, ignore this question, I followed that Pooka link and I see that I have to SBF to one of the GB kernels before flashing that ROM. Is that MIUI v4 one of the ICS builds? I'd like to get on ICS and MIUI again if I can get similar battery life.

Goose306
03-31-2013, 08:45 AM
Ah, ignore this question, I followed that Pooka link and I see that I have to SBF to one of the GB kernels before flashing that ROM. Is that MIUI v4 one of the ICS builds? I'd like to get on ICS and MIUI again if I can get similar battery life.

MIUI v4 is ICS. If you are looking for battery life and MIUI recommend Wizard0f0's GB MIUI. Its not ICS but its solid as a rock.

Sent from my 4.2 jellybeaned SCH-I535

Madmick
03-31-2013, 06:43 PM
MIUI v4 is ICS. If you are looking for battery life and MIUI recommend Wizard0f0's GB MIUI. Its not ICS but its solid as a rock.

Sent from my 4.2 jellybeaned SCH-I535
Yeah, that's what I just came from. Like I said, the battery drained terribly in standby. The phone couldn't make more than half a day without even being used. I suppose I could flash my Nandroid. Maybe something went screwy in the install.

Madmick
04-02-2013, 04:08 AM
Well, my Wizard MIUI must have been a bad install because I re-flashed the latest November version and it's running with great battery life. Hmmm...I'd double checked all my QCA numbers before setting my underclocks/overclocks in the MIUI recovery menu. I'm be sure to backup a Nandroid before I do that again. Something screwy.