PDA

View Full Version : Going from a CM7 based rom to a .596 backup in one Clockwork session.

Wulf
08-11-2011, 11:46 PM
Hello to all.I would like you all to know how I can restore a backup form any gingerbread version, 2nd init or 596. You can be on Miui and restore a 596 backup without sbf and in one clock work session. Below are the steps going from 2init rom to 596 and 596 going to 2 init rom. All I did was come up with a way to use existing files to go between 2nd init roms like Liquid to 596 backups or roms and all credit for the files go to TBH.

I am not responsible for you do to your phone
If you proceed you do so at your own risk. (I have not yet needed to sbf with the steps below)

NOTE: the preferred and recommended way is to sbf. This is not to be used frequently and if you do, it would be good to sbf to "clean house" to have a clean system.
You can get your sbf method from any of the two below
a.1KDS sbf disk found here http://www.droidxforums.com/forum/droid-x-sbf/23638-linux-solution-your-windows-rsd-lite-problems.html
b.Wugfresh SBFboot found here http://www.droidxforums.com/forum/droid-x-sbf/26283-sbfboot-easy-way-sbf.html

Going from 2nd Init to 596 backup
Before starting go through checklist

1.Get this file "596-Deodexed-All1.zip"from TBH app (odexed-all1.zip reported to work). You can get the TBH app here- http://shop.teamblackhat.info/TeamBlackHat-Application-TeamBlackHat-Application.htm
2.Verify you have a good 596 based backup (DSX, Shuji) on sd card
3.have a complete fully charged battery
4.sbf method ready just in case

Ok you should not mput down the phone during the entire process, you need
to monitor it closely and act quickly if something goes wrong, remember battery will
not charge during this and the longer you wait the more the battery will drain.
Ready? lets begin.

DO NOT LEAVE CLOCKWORK UNTIL ALL STEPS ARE COMPLETE!!!
1.Make sure you have the "596-Deodexed-All1.zip"
on sd card.
2.verify 596 based backup (DSX, Shuji) on sd card
3.Go to clockwork recovery and go to "mounts and storage"
a.format system
b.format data
c.format cache
d.mount system
e.hit hard back button
4.select "install zip from sdcard"
5.select "choose zip from sdcard"
6.look for the "596-Deodexed-All1.zip" on your
sdcard and select it.
7.confirm selection and let it run.
8.after it finishes(DO NOT LEAVE CLOCKWORK) hit back button until you at
main menu
9.select "wipedata/factory reset"
10.select "wipe cache partition"
11.select "advanced" then "wipe dalvic Cache" and hit back button.
12.select "backup and restore" and choose your 596 based backup (DSX, Shuji)
13.let it run and when it finishes select "reboot now"
14.wait for it to boot, if it takes longer than 5 minutes take proper action, this
is where your experience comes in, pull battery and if need be sbf(have not needed to do this yet)
15.if it boots up GREAT!! your almost home!!! you may need to activate your phone, *228 option 1,
you may need to bring up keyboard to enter selection for aosp roms by holding hard menu button.
16.battery icon and stats maybe off and you will need to calibrate your battery, use the phone until
it dies and charge it for an least 4 hours.

Going from 596 to 2nd Init backup

1.Get this file "update-cm-7.1.0-RC0-DROIDX-KANG-signed-MONSTER.zip" from
here http://www.droidxforums.com/forum/cyanogenmod/29493-rom-cyanogenmod-7-dx-beta.html
2.Verify you have a good cm7 based backup (miui, liquid) on sd card

to monitor it closely and act quickly if something goes wrong, remember battery will
Ready? lets begin.

1.Make sure you have the "update-cm-7.1.0-RC0-DROIDX-KANG-signed-MONSTER.zip"
on sd card.
2.verify cm7 based backup(miui,liquid) on sd card
a.format system
b.format data
c.format cache
d.mount system
e.hit hard back button
6.look for the "update-cm-7.1.0-RC0-DROIDX-KANG-signed-MONSTER.zip" on your
sdcard and select it.
7.confirm selection and let it run.If you get radio error ignore and proceed
main menu
12select "backup and restore" and choose your cm7 based backup(miui,liquid)
13.let it run and when it finishes select "reboot now"
14.wait for it to boot, if it takes longer than 5 minutes take proper action, this
is where your experience comes in, pull battery and if need be sbf(have not needed to do this yet)
15.if it boots up GREAT!! your almost home!!! you may need to activate your phone, *228 option 1,
you may need to bring up keyboard to enter selection by holding hard menu button.
16.battery icon and stats maybe off and you will need to calibrate your battery, use the phone until

Going from 2nd Init to 596 Rom install

1.Get this file "596-Deodexed-All1.zip"from TBH app
2.Verify you have the rom of your choice (DSX, Shuji) on sd card

Ready? lets begin.

1.Make sure you have the "596-Deodexed-All1.zip"
on sd card.
2.verify you have the rom of your choice (DSX, Shuji) on sd card
a.format system
b.format data
c.format cache
d.mount system
e.hit hard back button
6.look for the "596-Deodexed-All1.zip" on your
sdcard and select it.
7.confirm selection and let it run.
main menu
12.select "install zip from sdcard"
13.select "choose zip from sdcard"
14.look for the rom of your choice (DSX, Shuji) on your sd card and select it
15.let it run and when it finishes select "reboot now"
16.wait for it to boot, if it takes longer than 5 minutes take proper action, this
17.if it boots up GREAT!! your almost home!!! you may need to activate your phone, *228 option 1,
you may need to bring up keyboard to enter selection for aosp roms by holding hard menu button.
18.battery icon and stats maybe off and you will need to calibrate your battery, use the phone until

I could not test every possible situation and feel free to mix it up and post back with your success.
If I missed something please let me know and I'll correct it.

Wulf
08-12-2011, 12:12 AM
Tested working method going from cm7 base to 596 backups

Darkslide X
Aosp liberty

Wulf
08-12-2011, 12:13 AM
Tested working method going from cm7 base to 596 roms.

Shuji
Darkslide X

Wulf
08-12-2011, 12:13 AM
Working method going from 596 to cm7 backups

Darkslide x to miui backup.

Darkslide x to moemod backup.

nemosfate
08-12-2011, 12:31 AM
should've waited till tomorrow night I could have done it lol
Edit: I'll flash whichever if you still need someone tomorrow night
And I think I may be catching up with the king of self edit.......seems like thats all I've been doing lately

root, roms and themes oh my!

popcenator
08-12-2011, 12:51 AM
Ill help you out tomorrow if you still need people. Running liquid.

on the move..

heavyMGS
08-12-2011, 02:40 AM
This sounds very promising.

fc127
08-12-2011, 04:43 AM
Can't you already do this with the TBH all-in-one-596 .zip file?

From Shuji on my DX

LiveToPonder
08-12-2011, 05:40 AM
I don't know enough to help ya just yet Wulf, but awesome work man...thanks for taking the time

maddog0331
08-12-2011, 05:59 AM
Well we all can!... But from my understanding he is trying to go back to a custom Tom (DS X!). Hence, the OP trying to provide a method that could work for everyone...

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums

Wulf
08-12-2011, 06:07 AM

From Shuji on my DX

I found that all in one doesn't work for everyone, not for me anyways.

Ginger Man has just entered into the darkside.....

Bkdodger
08-12-2011, 06:23 AM
I will be around tomm for sure if further testing is needed my friend ..

Sent from elGato's X..
"I will not flash today...I will not flash tonight ..oh who am I kidding...."

Wulf
08-12-2011, 06:37 AM
Thanks, weekend testing might be best for all lol.

fc127
08-12-2011, 06:57 AM

Oh, ok... I guess I never had trouble with it. Sounds intriguing.

From Shuji on my DX

Wulf
08-12-2011, 07:09 AM
Oh, ok... I guess I never had trouble with it. Sounds intriguing.

From Shuji on my DX

Yeah, I tried twice and always got stuck at red m, read about others getting stuck there too, even with a factory reset lol and I got the AIO from tbh app just the other day. No biggie, but going from cm7 to a 596 backup would cut out additional steps, if it works for other that is.

dxh3378
08-12-2011, 10:57 AM
Wulf,
This sounds totally awesome. I've been mulling over going back to DSX, but have been hesitant to give up my "Mewy". As of late, MIUI has been giving me some issues, i.e. data drops, I want to see what today's build has to offer before I jump ship.

In regards to the TBH AIO I have only tried it twice, the first time I used the deodexed file and that left me suck and red M.
So I did more research and saw a post saying that that file was giving people issues, but the ODEXED version was good to go. That's what I used since the DSX rom is deodexed any way, and I didn't have any problems. Also saw a post saying that P3 had recently updated the AIO's so perhaps the deodexed is fixed now, I cannot confirm though.

Any chance of getting a "One Shot" back to MIUI? When I left DSX to try MIUI I did it through SSX (using the prep file method) and that was pretty painless, but hey, who doesn't like EASY!

Thanks for all your efforts yo!

Wulf
08-12-2011, 11:18 AM
Wulf,
This sounds totally awesome. I've been mulling over going back to DSX, but have been hesitant to give up my "Mewy". As of late, MIUI has been giving me some issues, i.e. data drops, I want to see what today's build has to offer before I jump ship.

In regards to the TBH AIO I have only tried it twice, the first time I used the deodexed file and that left me suck and red M.
So I did more research and saw a post saying that that file was giving people issues, but the ODEXED version was good to go. That's what I used since the DSX rom is deodexed any way, and I didn't have any problems. Also saw a post saying that P3 had recently updated the AIO's so perhaps the deodexed is fixed now, I cannot confirm though.

Any chance of getting a "One Shot" back to MIUI? When I left DSX to try MIUI I did it through SSX (using the prep file method) and that was pretty painless, but hey, who doesn't like EASY!

Yeah I pulled the deodex one from tbh app just the other day, either it was not updated or still not fixed, another test? Haven't tried the odex or ssx prep way. Who knows

Wulf
08-12-2011, 11:53 AM
I just did another test. From Miui I went to a full rom install of 596 shuji rom in just over 10 minutes.

griz.droidx
08-12-2011, 05:41 PM
Hey, I've been thinking of going back to a 596 based rom for testing. And I'm stuck between shuji Lib. .9 or go with DSX again. Only prob with dsx, is that there is such an enormous amount of blur. But that is a sweet rom ans I can run a river theme :). On Lib i could run watermark :) but no river :( . Anywho, I'm also thinking about trying miui before that, but if you need me to I can go to miui then nandroid back to liq, and test. Let me know, I would be glad to help anyway way I could.

Prob is I gots to get some weedeating done this evening. Should only take approx 1-2 hours. maybe 3 if I do more trim work.

Ro6d33zy
08-12-2011, 06:01 PM
At this point and time, what is the method being used to go from a CM7 based rom, back to a .596 backup? Is it even possible, aside from the method being tested in this thread?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Wulf
08-12-2011, 06:15 PM
At this point and time, what is the method being used to go from a CM7 based rom, back to a .596 backup? Is it even possible, aside from the method being tested in this thread?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Sbf to froyo two part tbh zip, bootup install d2 bootstrap and then backup, and heard of some having luck with all in one tbh zip, I had issues with that method, then bootup, install d2 bootstrap then flash backup or rom after first boot if tbh zip. That's the only ones I know of besides the one mentioned here.

Wulf
08-12-2011, 06:25 PM
Hey, I've been thinking of going back to a 596 based rom for testing. And I'm stuck between shuji Lib. .9 or go with DSX again. Only prob with dsx, is that there is such an enormous amount of blur. But that is a sweet rom ans I can run a river theme :). On Lib i could run watermark :) but no river :( . Anywho, I'm also thinking about trying miui before that, but if you need me to I can go to miui then nandroid back to liq, and test. Let me know, I would be glad to help anyway way I could.

Prob is I gots to get some weedeating done this evening. Should only take approx 1-2 hours. maybe 3 if I do more trim work.

Right now I went to dsx from shuji and before that I was on MIUI. Shuji is a good rom and you could flash blur camera back in. It's fast and decent battery life. If you want to test you could test from liquid to shuji with my method if you like. Btw I also like darkslide x, remove or freeze unwanted apps run supercharged script and I don't see too much of a difference with aosp.

Wulf
08-13-2011, 12:21 PM

Today tested another method and I restored a miui backup from 596 darkslide X in one clockwork session. I'm typing this from miui now. No sbf.

fc127
08-13-2011, 12:52 PM
If you need another tester, I am looking to go from Shuji to miui... Let me know.

From Shuji on my DX

Wulf
08-13-2011, 12:58 PM
If you need another tester, I am looking to go from Shuji to miui... Let me know.

From Shuji on my DX

You have backup of miui?

fc127
08-13-2011, 01:31 PM
You have backup of miui?

Sorry, mistyped... Cm7, not miui. Yes I have a backup.

From Shuji on my DX

Wulf
08-13-2011, 02:02 PM
Sorry, mistyped... Cm7, not miui. Yes I have a backup.

From Shuji on my DX

Just pm'd you

fc127
08-13-2011, 02:09 PM
Thanks, I'll give it a shot.

From Shuji on my DX

rnh
08-14-2011, 02:16 PM
Thanks to Wulf, I just went from shuji to a backup of liquid .26 I have in 15 min . Its quite easy.Thanks Wulf. Your a great guy and a wonderful themer for DSX and other roms .

Wulf
08-14-2011, 02:25 PM
Thanks to Wulf, I just went from shuji to a backup of liquid .26 I have in 15 min . Its quite easy.Thanks Wulf. Your a great guy and a wonderful themer for DSX and other roms .

Thanks, your welcome

OldEmt
08-15-2011, 07:27 PM
Just flashed from DarkSlide to Liquid 2.6 in one clockworkmod session. Took about 10 minutes using Wulf's method. Slick as a greased doorknob!!! LOL

Wulf
08-15-2011, 07:29 PM
Just flashed from DarkSlide to Liquid 2.6 in one clockworkmod session. Took about 10 minutes using Wulf's method. Slick as a greased doorknob!!! LOL

Nice, glad it worked.

serx7
08-17-2011, 03:11 PM
Wulf, when will the process you've been testing be available for public consumption? Thinking of going to DSX or Shuji, kinda need the HD camcorder for a bit. Currently on Miui 1.8.5, have backups of everything I've been on the part few weeks.

Nemo aeternamn
08-17-2011, 03:17 PM
Hey wulf... If you still want someone to test... I'm on cm7 and found a back up of liberty v.9.. And I'll be more then willing to give it a try

We have nothing to fear but running out of beer

Wulf
08-17-2011, 03:24 PM
I have my write ups at home. I will pm you instructions and if it works for both of you ill post it for all. So far had all success with everyone that tested including myself.

Nemo aeternamn
08-18-2011, 10:03 AM
Wulf... That process is slick.... I judy went from cm7 to liberty v.9

OldEmt
08-18-2011, 10:13 AM
OK, I've gone from Liquid 2.6 to DSX and back several times now. No problems everytime.

Wulf
08-18-2011, 10:15 AM
Great!! Ill post instructions for all later today if nothing else comes up lol.

Wulf
08-18-2011, 09:03 PM
I updated OP with instuctions on my method.

jloya
08-19-2011, 10:17 AM
Hey Wulf,

Just wanted to report that I used the

instructions and it worked flawlessly....went from MIUI to DSX in 10 minutes :) so happy about it thank you!

There was one thing that I did change though, reading through a post on page 2 I saw that the AIO deodexedzip may cause your device getting stuck at the red M, because of this I used the odexed AIO and it worked without a problem.

anyways thanks again :)

Wulf
08-19-2011, 10:23 AM
Hey Wulf,

Just wanted to report that I used the

instructions and it worked flawlessly....went from MIUI to DSX in 10 minutes :) so happy about it thank you!

There was one thing that I did change though, reading through a post on page 2 I saw that the AIO deodexedzip may cause your device getting stuck at the red M, because of this I used the odexed AIO and it worked without a problem.

anyways thanks again :)

Thanks and glad it worked. Yeah, I thought as much and it did give me issues when I used it a while back. Even though it didn't work by itself it still lays out the prep work and gets it ready for what you need.

Wulf
08-19-2011, 10:26 AM
Today I was on darkslide x with 13p radio and made it back to moemod rom backup and kept the new radio.

jloya
08-19-2011, 10:35 AM
Today I was on darkslide x with 13p radio and made it back to moemod rom backup and kept the new radio.

sorry if its a bit off topic but did you just flash the 13p radio from TBH on DSX without issue?

Wulf
08-19-2011, 10:45 AM
sorry if its a bit off topic but did you just flash the 13p radio from TBH on DSX without issue?

Not without issues but did get it installed. Quick run down
Sbf to froyo
Root flash radio only reboot
Cw again and flashed AIO 602
Booted up back into cw
Flashed dsx booted up
Now if you want do an advance restore of data only.

dxh3378
08-19-2011, 11:14 AM
Wulf,
A few questions,
1. Was any testing done using the TBH .340 AIO zip, when going from .596 to 2nd init, with the same process?
2. What was the key to getting the DeOdexed .596 to not hang at the M? Updated file? Data/Cache/Dalvik wipes after formating? Or just flashing the second ROM/Backup prior to leaving Clockwork?
3. Has anyone tested your process going from .602 to 2nd init?

Thanks to you and all the testers for getting this out there!

Wulf
08-19-2011, 11:20 AM
Wulf,
A few questions,
1. Was any testing done using the TBH .340 AIO zip, when going from .596 to 2nd init, with the same process?
2. What was the key to getting the DeOdexed .596 to not hang at the M? Updated file? Data/Cache/Dalvik wipes after formating? Or just flashing the second ROM/Backup prior to leaving Clockwork?
3. Has anyone tested your process going from .602 to 2nd init?

Thanks to you and all the testers for getting this out there!

Your welcome and glad to help out if I can.

1.did not use the 340 zip cause didn't have it when testing.
2.all the zip does is the layout for GB, the backup/rom does the rest.
3.I was on 602 then flashed dsx on top then to moemod backup. It should work though.

dxh3378
08-19-2011, 11:23 AM
Thanks guy!

Wulf
08-19-2011, 11:28 AM
Thanks guy!

Anytime.

jloya
08-19-2011, 11:33 AM
thanks for the quick response wulf, just got DSX all set up so ill deal with the 13p radio later :P

Wulf
08-19-2011, 11:36 AM
thanks for the quick response wulf, just got DSX all set up so ill deal with the 13p radio later :P

No problem, I'm on lunch at work lol.

Zog
08-19-2011, 12:12 PM

All you did was post instructions on how to use the allin1, im confused?

Wulf
08-19-2011, 12:22 PM
All you did was post instructions on how to use the allin1, im confused?

I'm not sure what your asking, but all I did was post a method using existing files to restore backups without sbf not matter what rom your on, 2nd unit or 596.

Zog
08-19-2011, 01:23 PM
The method didn't work for you, but the instructions are to use it is why I'm confused. I thought u perhaps had a different way. This has already been available to us for awhile.

I had to sbf after trying the 596 to cm7 monster when it came out, was hoping there was a different way. Perhaps I did something wrong, I just sbf now.

- sent from my liberated dx

Wulf
08-19-2011, 01:29 PM
Yes, I just cut out an extra step. Before you use all in one to get to gb or vice versa. Then bootup and restore backup. That's all this is, a short cut. Haven't read about anyone doing both in one clockwork session before.

When I used the zip itself to get to GB it would hang, but flash a rom or backup in same clockwork no issues.

jloya
08-19-2011, 01:38 PM
The method didn't work for you, but the instructions are to use it is why I'm confused. I thought u perhaps had a different way. This has already been available to us for awhile.

I had to sbf after trying the 596 to cm7 monster when it came out, was hoping there was a different way. Perhaps I did something wrong, I just sbf now.

while all the methods my not have worked for wulf they are universal methods that have helped alot of users and saved them alot of time, my self included

while this info is out there it was not organized in such a way were someone could easily go to one thread and without having to dig through 10 pages of posts find what they were looking for, an easy way to switch between roms with one CWM session. Wulf took the time to put this together and we greatly appreciate it.

Wulf
08-19-2011, 01:39 PM
The method didn't work for you, but the instructions are to use it is why I'm confused.

Sorry if I confused you. The zip kind of preps your phone with a installation of gb or froyo, depending on what your doing, and although it doesn't work by itself, the backup/rom fills in the rest. Hope this helps lol.

Wulf
08-19-2011, 01:42 PM
while all the methods my not have worked for wulf they are universal methods that have helped alot of users and saved them alot of time, my self included

while this info is out there it was not organized in such a way were someone could easily go to one thread and without having to dig through 10 pages of posts find what they were looking for, an easy way to switch between roms with one CWM session. Wulf took the time to put this together and we greatly appreciate it.

Thanks, I couldn't explain it any better lol.

Zog
08-19-2011, 01:52 PM
I see now, ty. Did u post this elsewhere? Spread the love meng.

Is there still not a way from 596 to booting froyo/cm7 then? The monster zip by itself is sketchy, doesn't really work.

Wulf
08-19-2011, 05:00 PM
I see now, ty. Did u post this elsewhere? Spread the love meng.

Is there still not a way from 596 to booting froyo/cm7 then? The monster zip by itself is sketchy, doesn't really work.

Didn't post anywhere yet. I did both. I was on 596 and restored miui. I was on miui and restored 596 dsx.

Instructions are in OP.

Zog
08-19-2011, 06:18 PM
Yea if u don't have a backup I mean hah. Just flashing to froyo/cm7 without having to sbf. The monster zip doesn't work for me. Hangs at logo.

Wulf
08-19-2011, 06:32 PM
Yea if u don't have a backup I mean hah. Just flashing to froyo/cm7 without having to sbf. The monster zip doesn't work for me. Hangs at logo.

From miui I installed a full rom (shuji) with the method in op. And also installed darkslide x from miui

The zips by themselves wont work, at least for me, you have to flash backup without leaving clockwork as mentioned in op, or rom.

JNEHAMA
08-20-2011, 10:12 PM
Thanks for all the hard work, Wulf. The write up is much appreciated.

Wulf
08-20-2011, 10:21 PM

Thanks. It works for me and thought I'd share.

Bkdodger
08-20-2011, 10:22 PM

+1111...All the stuff he brings to the forum is highly appreciated ..holler ...

Sent from elGato's X..

LiveToPonder
08-20-2011, 10:54 PM
+1111...All the stuff he brings to the forum is highly appreciated ..holler ...

Sent from elGato's X..

+1, Wulf is the man, I take his thematic stylings to every ROM my X flashes, if he don't theme it, I don't run it

Wulf
08-20-2011, 11:12 PM
+1, Wulf is the man, I take his thematic stylings to every ROM my X flashes, if he don't theme it, I don't run it

Lol, @JNEHAMA, @BK, @LTP, thank you all for the kind words, much appreciated. :)

Wulf
08-21-2011, 11:28 AM
I just tested going from SSX 2.1 to the latest CM7 gingerbread kernel with the method in op and it worked nicely for me.

Wulf
08-21-2011, 03:43 PM
Just tested going from cm7 with gb kernel to SSX 2.1 backup in one clockwork session successfully.

cougmeister
08-21-2011, 06:39 PM
@wulf, where can I find the AIO .zip files besides the tbh app? Also, where can I find the version of cm7 with the gb kernel? Thanks in advance!

Wulf
08-21-2011, 06:48 PM
@wulf, where can I find the AIO .zip files besides the tbh app? Also, where can I find the version of cm7 with the gb kernel? Thanks in advance!

I don't think tbh made those files public so there's no link for those.

Here's link for cm7 gb kernel
http://rootzwiki.com/showthread.php?t=3335

Brad92
08-21-2011, 06:52 PM
I definitely recommend the TBH app. Good way to donate for all the cool stuff P3 has given us.

random rom'd X

Wulf
08-21-2011, 06:59 PM
I definitely recommend the TBH app. Good way to donate for all the cool stuff P3 has given us.

random rom'd X

+1

cougmeister
08-21-2011, 10:33 PM
thanks for the link to the cm7 file! do you think your method would work using the 2part install instead of the AIO? i relized i still had them and i really dont have the money to spend on the tbh app at the moment.

Wulf
08-21-2011, 10:37 PM
thanks for the link to the cm7 file! do you think your method would work using the 2part install instead of the AIO? i relized i still had them and i really dont have the money to spend on the tbh app at the moment.

It might, didn't have those files when testing so can't say for sure.

Edit. Doesn't the 2 part require you to be on stock froyo? If it does it might not work. the AIO can be used with any version I think.

cougmeister
08-21-2011, 10:45 PM
yea, the 2 part is from stock froyo (.340). just wanted to check before messing with it. got a long week ahead of me and i dont have the time to brick/unbrick my phone :)

WillMiii
09-10-2011, 09:20 AM
Can I apply the same technique going from a 602 rom back to my miui nandroid backup?

Wulf
09-10-2011, 11:11 AM
Can I apply the same technique going from a 602 rom back to my miui nandroid backup?

It should work the same. Im on 602 and was thinking about doing the same.

chuck54
09-18-2011, 10:26 AM
This is awesome!!!!

chuck54
09-18-2011, 10:28 AM
Does this work on 602?

Wulf
09-18-2011, 01:29 PM
Does this work on 602?

It should, which way are you trying to go?

chuck54
09-18-2011, 10:19 PM
Ok get ready for a novel.

So I was going to cm7 from shuji 2.2 .602. I thought that gb ROMs would have the ability to tether (thought wrong) . So I formatted system data and cache (I didn't mount system so maybe that was the deal) . Then I installed the monster cm7 zip. Then I wiped data cache and dalvik and restored cm7 backup. Then it still brought up the shuji boot logo. Then it went away and came back up againvso i declared id go into stock recovery to wipe data and cache. Pulled battery and when it came up, it froze (WTFFFF!!!!). So I started to sbf and I had to leave and thanks to 1kds, she just read the instructions and fixed it. So I'm still trying to figure out house to bypass the "touch the android to start " screen because I flash ROMS daily and it gets annoying. So I skipped most of it, rooted and went into recovery to restore cm7. I rebooted via Droid 2 bootstrap and wiped data cache, and dalvik and clicked restore cm7. It said it couldn't find android secure, /data /cache etc etc. So at that point, I tried to restore a stock froyo backup. Same thing. So I panicked and rebooted. By the love of God it still worked. I flashed the cm7 ROM now and I tried to use ROM manager to update the 2.5.0.8 clockworkmod version thinking that since the backup was written in 5.0.2.0, it can only be read in 5.0.2.0. I rebooted and 2.5.0.8 was still there. Probly just a mistake and ill try it again.

So my questions .....

How do I get those backups to be valid?!?! They were setup perfectly for me and doing thing's repeatedly sux

And how do I skip the android setup screen? I use the madderstcok file quite a bit.

Thank you for bearing with a noooooooob!

Nemo aeternamn
09-18-2011, 10:43 PM

So I was going to cm7 from shuji 2.2 .602. I thought that gb ROMs would have the ability to tether (thought wrong) . So I formatted system data and cache (I didn't mount system so maybe that was the deal) . Then I installed the monster cm7 zip. Then I wiped data cache and dalvik and restored cm7 backup. Then it still brought up the shuji boot logo. Then it went away and came back up againvso i declared id go into stock recovery to wipe data and cache. Pulled battery and when it came up, it froze (WTFFFF!!!!). So I started to sbf and I had to leave and thanks to 1kds, she just read the instructions and fixed it. So I'm still trying to figure out house to bypass the "touch the android to start " screen because I flash ROMS daily and it gets annoying. So I skipped most of it, rooted and went into recovery to restore cm7. I rebooted via Droid 2 bootstrap and wiped data cache, and dalvik and clicked restore cm7. It said it couldn't find android secure, /data /cache etc etc. So at that point, I tried to restore a stock froyo backup. Same thing. So I panicked and rebooted. By the love of God it still worked. I flashed the cm7 ROM now and I tried to use ROM manager to update the 2.5.0.8 clockworkmod version thinking that since the backup was written in 5.0.2.0, it can only be read in 5.0.2.0. I rebooted and 2.5.0.8 was still there. Probly just a mistake and ill try it again.

So my questions .....

How do I get those backups to be valid?!?! They were setup perfectly for me and doing thing's repeatedly sux

And how do I skip the android setup screen? I use the madderstcok file quite a bit.

1. If it was a back up it 5.x you'll have to use 5.x as they pack it up a file that
2.x will not read... If the back up was make in 2.x with will work...
2. Radio the for cornets of the screen going clockwise starting in the upper right corner of your screen

Wulf
09-18-2011, 10:47 PM

So my questions .....

How did you do your backups, with rom manager or cm7 recovery? Sounds like you had a bad backup. The best way is to test your backups. Make a backup and while on a full charge try and restore that backup. If it goes good then you know it will work the next time. If something didn't restore or don't seem right DONT LEAVE CW, reflash cm7 rom with no wipes while you are still in recovery.

Hope this helps.

Sent from my DROIDX

chuck54
09-18-2011, 10:53 PM
1. If it was a back up it 5.x you'll have to use 5.x as they pack it up a file that
2.x will not read... If the back up was make in 2.x with will work...
2. Radio the for cornets of the screen going clockwise starting in the upper right corner of your screen
Radio the corners?

chuck54
09-18-2011, 10:55 PM
How did you do your backups, with rom manager or cm7 recovery? Sounds like you had a bad backup. The best way is to test your backups. Make a backup and while on a full charge try and restore that backup. If it goes good then you know it will work the next time. If something didn't restore or don't seem right DONT LEAVE CW, reflash cm7 rom with no wipes while you are still in recovery.

Hope this helps.

Sent from my DROIDX

I used the reboot recovery option on cm7 and yes, that will be done in the future!!

Nemo aeternamn
09-18-2011, 10:56 PM
Radio the corners?

sorry.... swype tried talking for me... i meant tap...

Wulf
09-18-2011, 10:59 PM
sorry.... swype tried talking for me... i meant tap...

Lol, I was ready to pull out the walkie talkie.

Sent from my DROIDX

Nemo aeternamn
09-18-2011, 11:13 PM
Lol, I was ready to pull out the walkie talkie.

Sent from my DROIDX
why didn't you? i got mine ready :)...haha...

Wulf
09-18-2011, 11:31 PM
why didn't you? i got mine ready :)...haha...
Battery was dead, it was running the first miui gb update and thought it was charged. haha