PDA

View Full Version : Navigation Contacts

tt2015
08-11-2011, 06:22 PM
For some reason now my navigation does not recognize any of my contacts. When I'm in Navigation and select contacts for destination it says no addresses in contacts. I never had this issue in the past. How to fix.

MotoAlex
08-13-2011, 11:16 AM
This is apparently a known issue with Maps 5.8 and the only "fix" is to downgrade to 5.7. Very annoying indeed.
There are also other issues that people are reporting with 5.8 such as losing GPS signal during navigation and phone reboots (both happened to me yesterday).

Procky
11-04-2011, 03:44 PM
This is apparently a known issue with Maps 5.8 and the only "fix" is to downgrade to 5.7. Very annoying indeed.
There are also other issues that people are reporting with 5.8 such as losing GPS signal during navigation and phone reboots (both happened to me yesterday).

I'm a new migrant from BB to Android (Droid 3), and I also experienced this problem. After determining that I could not revert from 5.8 to 5.7 (which seems to have been VERY unpopular, or to 5.6, without rooting the phone, I found the setting for Contacts and noticed that a) my Contacts were (by default!) sorted by FNAME instead of LNAME, and b) they were also displayed FNAME first. I corrected those 2 issues, and Navigation then worked perfectly. I suspect that b) did not actually affect the problem, but you can experiment. Hope that helps!