PDA

View Full Version : Cm7-link

bleedgreen
08-10-2011, 09:33 AM
I'm being lazy, but sorta. I find threads to cm7 but truly can't find a download for my dx1. I'm rooted froyo w miui, want to try cm7. Do I need to do something different or is cm7 just like miui just simply flash cm7? Give me the steps please. Thank you

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums

popcenator
08-10-2011, 09:47 AM
You'll need ROM manager premium, and need to be on Froyo. Open up ROM manager, flash clockworkmod recovery, select Droid X (2nd init) then you'll see the nightlies in the Download ROM section.

You can also get it here, but you'll need ROM manager once you're on CM because the Bootstrap apps are not to be used.
CyanogenMod nightlies changelog for Cdma_shadow (http://cm-nightlies.appspot.com/?device=cdma_shadow)

bleedgreen
08-10-2011, 10:06 AM
You'll need ROM manager premium, and need to be on Froyo. Open up ROM manager, flash clockworkmod recovery, select Droid X (2nd init) then you'll see the nightlies in the Download ROM section.

You can also get it here, but you'll need ROM manager once you're on CM because the Bootstrap apps are not to be used.
CyanogenMod nightlies changelog for Cdma_shadow (http://cm-nightlies.appspot.com/?device=cdma_shadow)

I actually have rom premium. The nightlies, will it say cm7? I am in FROYO.

popcenator
08-10-2011, 10:11 AM
Yes, you'll need to hit "Flash ClockworkMod Recovery" at the top and select 2nd init, then the nightlies will show up under Download ROM > CyanogenMod Nightlies.

bleedgreen
08-10-2011, 10:20 AM
Yes, you'll need to hit "Flash ClockworkMod Recovery" at the top and select 2nd init, then the nightlies will show up under Download ROM > CyanogenMod Nightlies.

Ok cool I saw them, what build number? I saw one dated 8/10, also, perhaps you just said it, do I have to wipe everything clean and dalvik clean or stay in miui and download nightlies? You know the whole rom wipe clean thing then go into the nightlies?

popcenator
08-10-2011, 10:32 AM
If you're on any Froyo based ROM or any other CM based ROM, you'll need to wipe data/cache/dalvik cache, then you can install the latest nightly.

1KDS
08-10-2011, 11:48 AM
Moving thread to the CyanogenMod section.

bleedgreen
08-10-2011, 11:49 AM
If you're on any Froyo based ROM or any other CM based ROM, you'll need to wipe data/cache/dalvik cache, then you can install the latest nightly.

Ok ill try it at the pool on Vaca w kids and fam. THANKS