PDA

View Full Version : GB 4.5.596 Rooted/Deodexed (Download & Upload Speeds.)

Boarder277
08-09-2011, 03:23 PM
I am currently running the TBH Rooted/Deodexed 4.5.596 and have recently noticed that my 3G Download & Upload speeds are really slow.

I have been using Speedtest.net app and always with my 3G at 4 full bars.

My results are as follows:

PING: 465ms

DOWNLOAD: 458kbps

UPLOAD: 725kbps

I have run the test several times, both in the city where I work and about 5 miles outside of the city when I'm at home. Both places my 3G has 4 full bars and under phone status my

Signal Strength is always around: -91dBm 0asu

Does anybody have any ideas of how I can improve these speeds? I downloaded the:
(Stock_GB_4.5.596_Data_Throttle_Removal.zip) but I'm unsure of how to apply it, do I just flash it in Clockwork?

Also, for a while I was running the ZombieStomped 1.7 ROM which according to the dev came with Data Throttling removed, but i still got the same speeds. I have gone above 5GB of data use some months, but usually I use around 3-4GB.

Any help would be appreciated! Thanks

TideFan22
08-09-2011, 04:17 PM
The throttle hack only comes into play if your a heavy data user where users get over 5gb of data, after 5 they throttle your speeds, the data throttle keeps that from happening. It doesn't do nothing unless u use alot of data and get throttled. It want make your data speeds faster. There's not a alot of things u can do for data speeds u can still apply it if u want, i do and I don't go over 5 much, just flash it in clockwork . Also Try dialing *228 and option 2

Running MIUI and loving it

Epsilonblue
08-09-2011, 08:28 PM
There was a nice write up done on the data throttle hack over at xda:
Data Throttle Remover - let's do some mythbusting - xda-developers (http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=987029)