PDA

View Full Version : Liquid GB v2.6 Released on 8-6-11

Bkdodger
08-07-2011, 06:29 PM
Ok just wanted to start a new thread for the latest update since it's based from android v2.3.5 gingerbread source built..(wifi looks to be fixed from Liquid v2.5)

Liquid 2.6

http://www.rootzwiki.com/showthread.php?t=1416&pagenumber=

Please leave any questions or bugs you've found on this thread..

FYI I came over from v2.4 with cache/dalvik wipes only as have a few others so it's your preference but either way make a backup and enjoy..

LiveToPonder
08-07-2011, 06:30 PM
Ok just wanted to start a new thread for the latest update since it's based from android v2.3.5 gingerbread source built..(wifi looks to be fixed from Liquid v2.5)

Liquid 2.6

http://www.rootzwiki.com/showthread.php?t=1416&pagenumber=

Please leave any questions or bugs you've found on this thread..

FYI I came over from v2.4 with cache/dalvik wipes only as have a few others so it's your preference but either way make a backup and enjoy..

ty BK

dbrock1980
08-07-2011, 06:37 PM
Just installed over miui. Did wipes / data. Had alot of FC. Car dock, liquid tweaks fc a few times. Go launcher as well.

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums

Wulf
08-07-2011, 06:39 PM
Maybe there will be no bugs and this thread wont be necessary.... daydreaming we need this lol.

onlyred
08-07-2011, 07:03 PM
I gave mine a major workout during my battery calibration phase, now mid-charge. I am not seeing any bugs yet though I did have some issues with TiBU's restoring of 2 of my apps, but that's already a known issue. Deleted the 2 corrupted apps and reinstalled with no trouble. Wifi is doing exactly what it's supposed to be doing, bluetooth is behaving and so is 3G. Also came from Liq 2.4 with wipe data, wipe cache, wipe dalvik.

LiveToPonder
08-07-2011, 07:07 PM
I gave mine a major workout during my battery calibration phase, now mid-charge. I am not seeing any bugs yet though I did have some issues with TiBU's restoring of 2 of my apps, but that's already a known issue. Deleted the 2 corrupted apps and reinstalled with no trouble. Wifi is doing exactly what it's supposed to be doing, bluetooth is behaving and so is 3G. Also came from Liq 2.4 with wipe data, wipe cache, wipe dalvik.

great feedback! ty, i am being told i can come from 2.4 w/ only dalv/part cache wipe, but it is nice to know a clean flash worked!

silver04v
08-07-2011, 07:12 PM
Prolly going to go to 2.6 tomorrow. Any differences noticed yet? Speed, battery( I know its early for that).

Dripping awesome out of my liquid Dx. Just flying along.

onlyred
08-07-2011, 07:26 PM
@LiveToPonder yeah I heard that too and then I remembered the grumblings of a dev that I once saw post on Twitter "People don't wipe and then they complain to me that the ROM doesn't work.." hahaha I have forgotten which dev said it, but I have never forgotten that point! :D

@silver04v It's really fast.. not sure if it's faster than 2.4 was, but it's definitely not slower: there's no stuttering, no lag, no slow loads for me.. like you said, I probably won't be able to say how good the battery is til maybe tomorrow. Also I'm running the V6 supercharge script so my results might differ from yours. I did get 20hrs +/- on 2.4 with the script running, hoping for the same or better on this one :)

LiveToPonder
08-07-2011, 07:30 PM
@LiveToPonder yeah I heard that too and then I remembered the grumblings of a dev that I once saw post on Twitter "People don't wipe and then they complain to me that the ROM doesn't work.." hahaha I have forgotten which dev said it, but I have never forgotten that point! :D

@silver04v It's really fast.. not sure if it's faster than 2.4 was, but it's definitely not slower: there's no stuttering, no lag, no slow loads for me.. like you said, I probably won't be able to say how good the battery is til maybe tomorrow. Also I'm running the V6 supercharge script so my results might differ from yours. I did get 20hrs +/- on 2.4 with the script running, hoping for the same or better on this one :)

haha, that tweet is no lie...us flashaholics do gamble now and again though...

hey are you actually running v6 or v8 now? and if so, in either case megmem1, megmem2 or other? so glad youre dialed in btw! take a look at theme liquidblue 2.6, i love it on 2.4 if ya like Blue

silver04v
08-07-2011, 07:34 PM
I seen the changelog says the battery is horizontal now? Any other look differences?

Dripping awesome out of my liquid Dx. Just flying along.

smalltowngirl13
08-07-2011, 07:39 PM
BK - did you try this? It is tempting to go back to Liquid altho, I am having no issues with Miui...hmmm - decisions?

Bkdodger
08-07-2011, 08:09 PM
BK - did you try this? It is tempting to go back to Liquid altho, I am having no issues with Miui...hmmm - decisions?

LOL I'm on it since afternoon..so far good no issues but I had none on either on 2.4 ...few things I noticed sliders more transparent ..battery you can hide in status bar..inverted Gmail works ..still have to mess with it..

Sent from elGato's X..
"I will not flash today...I will not flash tonight ..oh who am I kidding...."

LiveToPonder
08-07-2011, 08:12 PM

STG you're miui too ;-0

smalltowngirl13
08-07-2011, 08:16 PM
STG you're miui too ;-0

Yes LTP and loving it! I just wish there were more blue themes :big smile:...MICHO showed me a nice blue theme today for CM7 called Carbonite...looked sweet!

What are you running now?

smalltowngirl13
08-07-2011, 08:17 PM
LOL I'm on it since afternoon..so far good no issues but I had none on either on 2.4 ...few things I noticed sliders more transparent ..battery you can hide in status bar..inverted Gmail works ..still have to mess with it..

Sent from elGato's X..

On the gMail - is it the updated version 2.3.5...the transparent blue is now updated over on XDA and I am using that on Miui along with the blue transparent market and transparent Google Voice...

LiveToPonder
08-07-2011, 08:21 PM
Yes LTP and loving it! I just wish there were more blue themes :big smile:...MICHO showed me a nice blue theme today for CM7 called Carbonite...looked sweet!

What are you running now?

Liq 2.4 w/ Wulf's Liquid Blue River, and charging as we speak. Wulf color matched the old Airmaxx notched blue circle batt mod for me, so I've no choice but to go 2.6 w/ Liquid Blue 2.6! It was awfully nice of BK to go ahead first, and lead the way for me...woot!

LiveToPonder
08-07-2011, 08:22 PM
On the gMail - is it the updated version 2.3.5...the transparent blue is now updated over on XDA and I am using that on Miui along with the blue transparent market and transparent Google Voice...

Nice STG! Peakyboo just hit us with that thread in BB, I wanna use Talk and Pandora on 2.6

smalltowngirl13
08-07-2011, 08:26 PM
Liq 2.4 w/ Wulf's Liquid Blue River, and charging as we speak. Wulf color matched the old Airmaxx notched blue circle batt mod for me, so I've no choice but to go 2.6 w/ Liquid Blue 2.6! It was awfully nice of BK to go ahead first, and lead the way for me...woot!

+1...he is a good guy like that! :big smile:

Bkdodger
08-07-2011, 08:26 PM

Well I have some catching up for sure ...haha

Sent from elGato's X..

onlyred
08-07-2011, 08:57 PM
haha, that tweet is no lie...us flashaholics do gamble now and again though...

hey are you actually running v6 or v8 now? and if so, in either case megmem1, megmem2 or other? so glad youre dialed in btw! take a look at theme liquidblue 2.6, i love it on 2.4 if ya like Blue

ha! I hear ya on the gamble lol
I'm on V6 update 8.. there's a v8?! omg more tweaking! :starstruck: LOL I have it set to setting 8 Megaram 1 and getting ready to try megaram 2

I gotta go check out liquidblue, thanks for the tip!

Bkdodger
08-07-2011, 09:03 PM
Just installed over miui. Did wipes / data. Had alot of FC. Car dock, liquid tweaks fc a few times. Go launcher as well.

Hmm how did you restore back apps or did it fc right from the beginning ...

Sent from elGato's X..

LiveToPonder
08-07-2011, 09:05 PM
ha! I hear ya on the gamble lol
I'm on V6 update 8.. there's a v8?! omg more tweaking! :starstruck: LOL I have it set to setting 8 Megaram 1 and getting ready to try megaram 2

I gotta go check out liquidblue, thanks for the tip!

ty! i love megmem1

NateDogg11
08-07-2011, 09:34 PM
To help with the FCs, I usually get good results by doing a Fix Permissions from the liberty toolbox, setting it to do it on bootups as well. Then reboot and it should help. I haven't had any problems yet but it's only day 1. Considering WiFi is fixed and we can use the MIUI camera, I am a very happy camper.

Bkdodger
08-07-2011, 09:44 PM
Forgot about camera ..change settings peeps from full screen for it to work ..txs Nate

Sent from elGato's X..

XxXxX
08-07-2011, 11:59 PM
What is the difference between this and Justice and which one is better?????

Wulf
08-08-2011, 12:17 AM
Both are good But Liquid has a few more tweaks than Justice, at least from what I remember. Both Justice and liquid 2.4 had about the same battery life, not the best IMO. Still testing liquid 2.6 and its been less than a day with it. Will know for sure in a few days how good it is. And not to mention its android 2.3.5. latest one.

XxXxX
08-08-2011, 12:21 AM
Both are good But Liquid has a few more tweaks than Justice, at least from what I remember. Both Justice and liquid 2.4 had about the same battery life, not the best IMO. Still testing liquid 2.6 and its been less than a day with it. Will know for sure in a few days how good it is. And not to mention its android 2.3.5. latest one.

Thanks can you change the Battery icon and get the Blur text message over the APOS text message with Liquid? Or like liberty v9 able to pick and choose what u want Blur or APOS???

Wulf
08-08-2011, 12:28 AM
Thanks can you change the Battery icon and get the Blur text message over the APOS text message with Liquid? Or like liberty v9 able to pick and choose what u want Blur or APOS???
You can use the theme chooser to apply a theme with a battery icon that you like. But no blur on any cm7 roms. liberty v09 is built off the 596 kernel, motoblur, and that why you are able to add some blur back in I believe.

OldEmt
08-08-2011, 01:31 AM
Just my small part, I flashed it over v2.4 with only cache/dalvik wipes and it went great. Seems to be running perfect for me.

onlyred
08-08-2011, 08:40 AM
ty! i love megmem1

Have you tried the KA Kernel tweaks and 3G supercharger? *itching* :D

LiveToPonder
08-08-2011, 09:29 AM
Have you tried the KA Kernel tweaks and 3G supercharger? *itching* :D

No what are those? I've seen sysctrl tweaks and I believe imsoyen heap tweaks are built into Liq already. What is 3G supercharger? Do you OClock?

griz.droidx
08-08-2011, 09:45 AM
Been on 2.4 for about a week now and I'm really liking it. Getting ready to flash 2.6. Yesterday, I was at the hospital again, and with heavy use I got about 4 hours and was down to about 35%. Not too bad I don't think because I was surfing, installing a ton of apps, and getting things like the social media apps setup again. Seems like no matter what rom I'm on, get reinstallation of apps really eats at battery life. More like gobbles. Battery gets gobbled like I'm playing a game or something.

Wulf
08-08-2011, 09:56 AM
Been on 2.4 for about a week now and I'm really liking it. Getting ready to flash 2.6. Yesterday, I was at the hospital again, and with heavy use I got about 4 hours and was down to about 35%. Not too bad I don't think because I was surfing, installing a ton of apps, and getting things like the social media apps setup again. Seems like no matter what rom I'm on, get reinstallation of apps really eats at battery life. More like gobbles. Battery gets gobbled like I'm playing a game or something.

I got to say battery wasn't the best on 2.4. I got maybe 8-10 hrs with light to moderate. 6 hrs with heavy usage. Still waiting on how 2.6 is, giving it a few days to see how it does. Best battery life on these roms is miui, for me anyway. Best battery life I experienced was on DSX.

What rom I'm on? hell, whatever one that was just updated...

LiveToPonder
08-08-2011, 10:06 AM
I got to say battery wasn't the best on 2.4. I got maybe 8-10 hrs with light to moderate. 6 hrs with heavy usage. Still waiting on how 2.6 is, giving it a few days to see how it does. Best battery life on these roms is miui, for me anyway. Best battery life I experienced was on DSX.

not my best batt ever, but I will give this rom at least 4 full cycles

OldEmt
08-08-2011, 10:15 AM
When I tried the supercharge for 3g on Liquid 2.4, it crashed my 3g and wifi. Haven't tried to supercharge on 2.6 yet.

LiveToPonder
08-08-2011, 10:24 AM
what does 3g super do? I've got signal complaints now?

Wulf
08-08-2011, 10:34 AM
When I tried the supercharge for 3g on Liquid 2.4, it crashed my 3g and wifi. Haven't tried to supercharge on 2.6 yet.

I think I read somewhere that the 3G supercharge works on 596 roms, could be wrong. I'm running v6 supercharge on 2.6 Mega mem 1. No issues with it yet.

griz.droidx
08-08-2011, 10:57 AM
Just finished flashing 2.6 we'll see how it pans out. yeah Wulf I probably could've made it to around 6 if I had continued using it heavily. Otherwise with it just sitting around during work hours, 2.4 really didn't suck away the life that bad. About the same as CM7 for me. Maybe a little better. On 30 or 32 CM7 I got really good life until I started adding all those social media apps. Most of which I disabled auto sync, or set sync to 2-4 hours. That's usually what I do with email, or just turn sync off completely. I'm thinking about trying mobile sensi's new rom Shuji or whatever its called. Seem's like its got a lot of tweaks already applied. I'm wondering if HDMI will work on that one. I'm not switching until I am certain there'll be some decent theme's available. Sensi said in the op about that rom, about 10 theme's were already almost finished. He usually does pretty good work, but I'm not big on themes that change the color of everything to red or whatever and leave it at that. I really liked your river themes, and I'm also thinking about trying Zombie and using your red river theme. Might work, might hose my system. But that's what nandroids and SBF'n is for.

onlyred
08-08-2011, 11:24 AM
No what are those? I've seen sysctrl tweaks and I believe imsoyen heap tweaks are built into Liq already. What is 3G supercharger? Do you OClock?

Those 2 scripts are linked to at the top of the V6 thread on XDA where it says "get a taste of the V8 script".. don't know if we're allowed to link to it but it's under their hacking section. I'm reading that thread right now trying to find others who have installed them on DX's running 2nd-init ROMs.. I see there are errors being reported on the 3G booster with 3G/wifi issues on some posts and someone pointed out a lot of them are running the MIUI ROM so I don't know if the problem is a specific phone or specific ROM, so I've held off. That thread is huge so I've only gotten so far. LOL This is my first foray into scripts, and I was actually researching Imsoyen when I found V6.

I was going to OC but I wanted to try everything one at a time so I started with the script first rather than slap everything on there at the same time and pray for goodness. :D I have a friend who just got a DX and she's still running OTA GB (the horror!) but she really, really wants to root so I'm testing everything before she starts. She's definitely gonna have Liquid though, this is really a very stable ROM and I feel she'll be perfectly safe running it.

I hope one day these really smart guys and gals can figure out how to get these 2nd-init ROMs to last longer battery-wise but for the time being, it's an acceptable tradeoff to me.

onlyred
08-08-2011, 11:26 AM

Ahhh so it possibly IS affecting all 2nd-init ROMs. Thanks for the valuable input, OldEmt :)

onlyred
08-08-2011, 11:32 AM
I think I read somewhere that the 3G supercharge works on 596 roms, could be wrong. I'm running v6 supercharge on 2.6 Mega mem 1. No issues with it yet.

re: the 596 roms.. Interesting... and sad. I'll put my itchy trigger finger away now LOL
re: the Mega mem 1 vs 2.. I've been running 2 all day and not having any visible problems but I suspect I'm getting a battery hit. Not certain bc I haven't been on 2.6 a full 24 hours yet. Probably gonna go back to 1 if I don't see any improvement.

Wulf
08-08-2011, 11:35 AM
Just finished flashing 2.6 we'll see how it pans out. yeah Wulf I probably could've made it to around 6 if I had continued using it heavily. Otherwise with it just sitting around during work hours, 2.4 really didn't suck away the life that bad. About the same as CM7 for me. Maybe a little better. On 30 or 32 CM7 I got really good life until I started adding all those social media apps. Most of which I disabled auto sync, or set sync to 2-4 hours. That's usually what I do with email, or just turn sync off completely. I'm thinking about trying mobile sensi's new rom Shuji or whatever its called. Seem's like its got a lot of tweaks already applied. I'm wondering if HDMI will work on that one. I'm not switching until I am certain there'll be some decent theme's available. Sensi said in the op about that rom, about 10 theme's were already almost finished. He usually does pretty good work, but I'm not big on themes that change the color of everything to red or whatever and leave it at that. I really liked your river themes, and I'm also thinking about trying Zombie and using your red river theme. Might work, might hose my system. But that's what nandroids and SBF'n is for.

From what I read about the shufi rom, forget spelling, is almost all blur was stripped out so my guess no HDMI. And glad you like the themes. I admire Sensi themes but its not my kind of style i like. He does an awesome on them though.

dbrock1980
08-08-2011, 11:40 AM
Hmm how did you restore back apps or did it fc right from the beginning ...

Sent from elGato's X..

Nope didn't restore anything. New market downloads

sgthwjack
08-08-2011, 04:20 PM
OK, on 2.6 from 2.4 since last evening with only a cache and Dalvik wipe before flashing. Everything running smooth with only a couple of minor hiccups such as unread mail and missed calls not showing up in the LauncherPro dock. WiFi, 3g and such no issues. Running battery calibration now, Gorilla Gadgets extended battery. So far I am happy.

Talon66721
08-08-2011, 06:32 PM
OK, on 2.6 from 2.4 since last evening with only a cache and Dalvik wipe before flashing. Everything running smooth with only a couple of minor hiccups such as unread mail and missed calls not showing up in the LauncherPro dock. WiFi, 3g and such no issues. Running battery calibration now, Gorilla Gadgets extended battery. So far I am happy.

I have to say, I love the look you have set up. Would you be offended if I asked what you did to end up with it?

Sent from my DX running Liquid GB 2.4, OC'd at 1.3 and Supercharged. Running as fast as fast can be!

sgthwjack
08-08-2011, 06:46 PM
By no means offended. Pretty simple really. Poison green theme, Launcher pro plus with Droidicon pack, Fancy widgets, Army Wallpaper for the 4th Infantry patch wallpaper. Mainly just setting all the colors to match(best I could anyway) LOL Almost forgot, Widgetsoid for the 3 switches and text battery app since I find it hard to read the notification bar. Might be some little things I don't remember since I have been tinkering with it for a few days now. This is a working phone so I tried to get all the essentials on the home screen.

littlebigarm
08-08-2011, 07:14 PM
is there a liquid gb for .596 gingerbread. because i tried to install 2.6 without the others and it just left it in boot loop. i like the way gb is set up and i would like to to you use liquid at the same time. any help thanks.

Bkdodger
08-08-2011, 07:21 PM
is there a liquid gb for .596 gingerbread. because i tried to install 2.6 without the others and it just left it in boot loop. i like the way gb is set up and i would like to to you use liquid at the same time. any help thanks.

No just CM based rom ..try Apex or Shuji is new...Liquid is on froyo kernel and you would need to sbf back to run it..

Sent from elGato's X..

Wulf
08-08-2011, 07:57 PM
Hows everyone's battery life so far? I'm on my second full charge of the day with moderate use and this is what I have.To a mod or admin, could someone look into why I can't upload an image from dxforum app? Keeps saying I can only load 5 pics per post when I only try and do one lol. I have to go through browser on phone to post pics. Thanks.

OldEmt
08-08-2011, 09:12 PM
OK, running LGB 2.6 supercharged v6 balanced 2 and Wulf's LiquidRiver. Everything seems to be working perfectly which means....I'm looking at trying Miui! Anybody who have run both have an opinion?

Wulf
08-08-2011, 09:16 PM
OK, running LGB 2.6 supercharged v6 balanced 2 and Wulf's LiquidRiver. Everything seems to be working perfectly which means....I'm looking at trying Miui! Anybody who have run both have an opinion?

I've been on both, what you want to know? Miui is very good rom.

OldEmt
08-08-2011, 09:32 PM
I've been on both, what you want to know? Miui is very good rom.

Is it more or less customizable? Any standout problems or just the usual 2nd init problems?

Wulf
08-08-2011, 09:42 PM
Is it more or less customizable? Any standout problems or just the usual 2nd init problems?

It has a very customizable theme selection. You can choose a lockscreen from one theme, notifications from another, app icons from yet another theme. It does has some customization, maybe not as much as liquid but still good. Another thing I like about miui is the built in backup feature. You could backup your apps, contacts, system settings to your SD card and after you update to new version and wiped data you could use it to restore your data.

Wulf
08-08-2011, 09:58 PM
And like all roms it has some bugs, nothing I would call deal breakers lol.

OldEmt
08-08-2011, 10:15 PM
Cool. The backup sounds great. I use TiBu but it has it's own problems at times. I'll do a nandroid in the morning and download it over the wifi dsl at our store, Thanks

Wulf
08-08-2011, 10:22 PM
Cool. The backup sounds great. I use TiBu but it has it's own problems at times. I'll do a nandroid in the morning and download it over the wifi dsl at our store, Thanks

Your welcome, oh and miui is different. I had fun learning it lol.

onlyred
08-08-2011, 10:32 PM
Hows everyone's battery life so far? I'm on my second full charge of the day with moderate use and this is what I have.To a mod or admin, could someone look into why I can't upload an image from dxforum app? Keeps saying I can only load 5 pics per post when I only try and do one lol. I have to go through browser on phone to post pics. Thanks.

2nd charge since calibration, running V6, megaram 2 (opt 9) - still too early to see if it's better, worse or the same as megaram 1
Also I have disabled widgetlocker for the last 2 weeks because it was causing huge battery suckage with this ROM. On the bright side, I love the lockscreen abilities of Liquid so it all worked out.
http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z254/onlyred/DroidX/snap20110808_232519.png

silver04v
08-08-2011, 10:46 PM
Just jumped on the 2.6. Good so far and the battery icon was an improvement for stock theme.

dripping awesome out of my liquid DX.

Wulf
08-09-2011, 01:19 AM
2nd charge since calibration, running V6, megaram 2 (opt 9) - still too early to see if it's better, worse or the same as megaram 1
Also I have disabled widgetlocker for the last 2 weeks because it was causing huge battery suckage with this ROM. On the bright side, I love the lockscreen abilities of Liquid so it all worked out.
http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z254/onlyred/DroidX/snap20110808_232519.png

Hmmm my phone just can't get good battery life on liquid. On forth battery cycle and today had to charge it twice. This morning was full and with moderate to heavy died just after 7 hours. Each phone is different.

Ginger Man has just entered into the darkside.....

silver04v
08-09-2011, 06:23 AM
I noticed on 2.6 surface dithering was checked on by default. In 2.4 it was off. Says improves screen quality but lowers overall performance. Anyone tell me what this means, I just turned it off for now.

Bkdodger
08-09-2011, 07:13 AM
I noticed on 2.6 surface dithering was checked on by default. In 2.4 it was off. Says improves screen quality but lowers overall performance. Anyone tell me what this means, I just turned it off for now.

I'm not sure what it means but when I unchecked it then go back in again its checked..LOL

Sent from elGato's X..

silver04v
08-09-2011, 07:27 AM
I'm not sure what it means but when I unchecked it then go back in again its checked..LOL

Sent from elGato's X..

Mine seems to stay unchecked after unchecking it. Been about an hour.

Bkdodger
08-09-2011, 07:48 AM
Mine seems to stay unchecked after unchecking it. Been about an hour.

Hmm my phone will not cooperate..haha..

Sent from elGato's X..

LiveToPonder
08-09-2011, 07:54 AM
Hmm my phone will not cooperate..haha..

Sent from elGato's X..

bk, in vid card land dithering is 8bit- color simulation for flat panels that only do 6-bit and lower sometimes...I too am wondering, what if any that's doing for us here...

onlyred
08-09-2011, 08:40 AM
Hmmm my phone just can't get good battery life on liquid. On forth battery cycle and today had to charge it twice. This morning was full and with moderate to heavy died just after 7 hours. Each phone is different.

Ginger Man has just entered into the darkside.....

Yikes, 7 hours would be a deal-killer for me too. :(

LiveToPonder
08-09-2011, 08:43 AM
Yikes, 7 hours would be a deal-killer for me too. :(

yeh that's pretty bad, I've not gone out like that yet. OnlyRed what miracle is it ya haven't swung by our theme bluebread thread? ya seem to talk all our jive :)

JNEHAMA
08-09-2011, 08:58 AM
@BK thanks for the thread! Been off the forums for a couple of days and I just saw the long anticipated update's available! Although, now that I think about it, if a data wipe is needed maybe a detour via Miui might be in order. I think Twill be up late tonight! Haha :-).........

@Wulf what made you leave Miui? Just flashing itch, or issues with it. I'm on liquid 2.4 and I'm thinking about trying Miui now since the update to 2.6 requires a data wipe anyway. Thoughts appreciated!

Jersey
08-09-2011, 09:14 AM
@BK thanks for the thread! Been off the forums for a couple of days and I just saw the long anticipated update's available! Although, now that I think about it, if a data wipe is needed maybe a detour via Miui might be in order. I think Twill be up late tonight! Haha :-).........

@Wulf what made you leave Miui? Just flashing itch, or issues with it. I'm on liquid 2.4 and I'm thinking about trying Miui now since the update to 2.6 requires a data wipe anyway. Thoughts appreciated!

Actually no data wipe is necessary. I too was on Liq 2.4 and only wiped cache and delivik cache before flashing liq 2.6 and all is great. The only reason why I'm thinking of going back to miui is because of battery life. Miui just seems to be giving me a lot better battery life than liq ever did. Although I really like liq it deff comes in at a close second of my favorite roms

ogrekane313
08-09-2011, 09:19 AM
whats the liquid river

Wulf
08-09-2011, 09:22 AM

I did have a little itch lol. Had to try out the latest to see what's been improved. No real reason for leaving miui, but the issue when trying to answer a call was getting on my nerves a little haha. Call comes in, unlock slider to answer but phone still ringing. Had to be quick when this happens, unlock phone, quickly slide down notifications and click on call notification and finally select answer lol. Didn't happen all the time but annoyed when it did. Other than that all was good. Really missed battery life on it though, hmmm what's next?

What rom am I on? hell, whatever one just got updated...

Jersey
08-09-2011, 09:44 AM
whats the liquid river

A theme for liq 2.6

Jersey
08-09-2011, 09:47 AM
I did have a little itch lol. Had to try out the latest to see what's been improved. No real reason for leaving miui, but the issue when trying to answer a call was getting on my nerves a little haha. Call comes in, unlock slider to answer but phone still ringing. Had to be quick when this happens, unlock phone, quickly slide down notifications and click on call notification and finally select answer lol. Didn't happen all the time but annoyed when it did. Other than that all was good. Really missed battery life on it though, hmmm what's next?

I hear ya I went to 2.6 for the same reason. On miui however I was getting voicemails when my phone never rang. I do have to say when you did miss a call and it popped up in your missed call log it showed you how many times the phone rang. So you know if the called and hung up or called and let it ring

Bkdodger
08-09-2011, 10:11 AM

JNE awesome ..so far they are both good options ..why not give Miui as spin its def different but alot of awesome options ..Liquid is snappy as well just battery seems to drain still ...keep on flashing LOL

Sent from elGato's X..

onlyred
08-09-2011, 10:31 AM
yeh that's pretty bad, I've not gone out like that yet. OnlyRed what miracle is it ya haven't swung by our theme bluebread thread? ya seem to talk all our jive :)

Uh.. lol cuz I thought it was a theme thread, albeit a very long one :D I'll have to go over there and catch up!

In other news, I've switched from setting 9 to setting 8 on V6 and my battery life has now tanked. I'm at 5h 34m and 64% with light use. Setting 9 must be quite aggressive and if today pans out as badly as I think it's going to, I'm going back to setting 9.

Also, with light text messaging (like 5 texts sent/received total) on Handcent, it's becoming my #2 battery user behind display. Thinking about reinstalling that. Anyone notice that?

LiveToPonder
08-09-2011, 10:37 AM
Uh.. lol cuz I thought it was a theme thread, albeit a very long one :D I'll have to go over there and catch up!

In other news, I've switched from setting 9 to setting 8 on V6 and my battery life has now tanked. I'm at 5h 34m and 64% with light use. Setting 9 must be quite aggressive and if today pans out as badly as I think it's going to, I'm going back to setting 9.

Also, with light text messaging (like 5 texts sent/received total) on Handcent, it's becoming my #2 battery user behind display. Thinking about reinstalling that. Anyone notice that?

hahaha, blue bread is the best kept secret on dxf :-) its the watercooler, we meet there all day everyday, and I for one start and stop my days there. we are def all about blueing up the phones, but we cover anything and everything, and more importantly we flash it all, and got everyones back...

I'm actually not supercharged on 2.6, and I'm no lag...still testing this batt out, which I am destroying with heavy use today btw, and I'm just talking +, dxf, web no streaming. down 50% if 3hrs, once I know where batt stands ill be right back charged and OCd per my sig

onlyred
08-09-2011, 10:47 AM
I'm actually not supercharged on 2.6, and I'm no lag...still testing this batt out, which I am destroying with heavy use today btw, and I'm just talking +, dxf, web no streaming. down 50% if 3hrs, once I know where batt stands ill be right back charged and OCd per my sig

Ahh so you are patient! Not me, I killed my battery in 6 hours on calibration cycle and once I got it recharged I slapped that script right back on LOL I see I'm going to have to dip my toes into OC next, yay more tweaking!

I've been following the MIUI thread on Rootzwiki, looks like there's some serious connection problems going on over there on the current build. I'd like to try it but I'm kinda waiting for a smooth flash experience haha

LiveToPonder
08-09-2011, 11:15 AM
Ahh so you are patient! Not me, I killed my battery in 6 hours on calibration cycle and once I got it recharged I slapped that script right back on LOL I see I'm going to have to dip my toes into OC next, yay more tweaking!

I've been following the MIUI thread on Rootzwiki, looks like there's some serious connection problems going on over there on the current build. I'd like to try it but I'm kinda waiting for a smooth flash experience haha

I'm with ya, all about the tweak, not the missed calls and dropped wifi

rickw
08-09-2011, 11:32 AM
ltp,are you here?

LiveToPonder
08-09-2011, 11:37 AM
ltp,are you here?

here and BB, ;-)

serx7
08-09-2011, 04:59 PM

Curious which lock screen slider you're using. The one i'm using wakes the phone, turns into a glowing green w/ the words "slide down to answer" displayed, and (so far) has been consistent/reliable in terms of answering the incoming call.

I have noticed from time to time that if I just slide down to unlock the phone normally (no incoming call), the slider visually and haptically indicates it slid all the way down, but then just bounces back up to its starting position w/o unlocking the phone. That happens to me somewhat frequently, and seems to happen more often if I flick the slider down very quickly as opposed to making a slightly more deliberate slide-down motion. It's annoying, but I'm going to sit on Miui a bit longer, and maybe flash Liquid 2.6 next (was on Liquid 2.4 before, then went back to CM7 nightlies for a bit, then to Miui 1.7.22/1.8.5).

Wulf
08-09-2011, 05:14 PM
Curious which lock screen slider you're using. The one i'm using wakes the phone, turns into a glowing green w/ the words "slide down to answer" displayed, and (so far) has been consistent/reliable in terms of answering the incoming call.

I have noticed from time to time that if I just slide down to unlock the phone normally (no incoming call), the slider visually and haptically indicates it slid all the way down, but then just bounces back up to its starting position w/o unlocking the phone. That happens to me somewhat frequently, and seems to happen more often if I flick the slider down very quickly as opposed to making a slightly more deliberate slide-down motion. It's annoying, but I'm going to sit on Miui a bit longer, and maybe flash Liquid 2.6 next (was on Liquid 2.4 before, then went back to CM7 nightlies for a bit, then to Miui 1.7.22/1.8.5).

It wasn't just one particular slider, and didn't happen with all calls. Normally if phone screen is off and I received a call unlocking the phone would answer it. I know of the area to touch, slide on left for phone, middle to unlock and right for messages. On my phone setup anyways. From time to time I would have to follow the steps I mentioned before I would get the green glow with slide down to answer. Not a deal breaker, just one of the little bugs that's all. I really like miui and it's definitely one of my favorites.

Talon66721
08-09-2011, 05:29 PM
By no means offended. Pretty simple really. Poison green theme, Launcher pro plus with Droidicon pack, Fancy widgets, Army Wallpaper for the 4th Infantry patch wallpaper. Mainly just setting all the colors to match(best I could anyway) LOL Almost forgot, Widgetsoid for the 3 switches and text battery app since I find it hard to read the notification bar. Might be some little things I don't remember since I have been tinkering with it for a few days now. This is a working phone so I tried to get all the essentials on the home screen.

Thank you so much! Sorry it took me a minute to get back. I posted that just before we went in to see the new Planet of the Apes movie last night, then home, bed, and off to work this morning. I'm wore out! But, I think I'm going to flash 2.6, then I may try copying some of your stuff, if that's ok with you? I just really liked the look of it a lot! Anyway, thanks again!

Sent from my DX running Liquid GB 2.4, OC'd at 1.3 and Supercharged. Running as fast as fast can be!

sgthwjack
08-09-2011, 05:43 PM
Hey no sweat, understand how life is sometimes. One correction, should have been Custom Launcher Icons instead of Droidicon, don't know where I came up with that! LOL I wish I could remember all the little things I did but was just picking through everything and trying them. Anyway, I think I gave you the major components, the rest is just tedious trial and error. Let me know if I can help, willing to try anyway. Good luck!

silver04v
08-09-2011, 06:31 PM
Its good to are more people getting on liquid. It really is a great rom. 2.6 seems smoother than 2.4 was too. Loving it.

DThomp
08-09-2011, 11:11 PM

Linky please. XDA is too big.

XxXxX
08-10-2011, 11:43 PM
Love this rom but where is the voice to text button or program at man????

Nemo aeternamn
08-10-2011, 11:56 PM
From what I read... It's something you have to install... I think it was from the market... I'll see if I can find ya a link
cory46 posted this on another thread... https://market.android.com/details?id=com.google.android.voicesearch
(https://market.android.com/details?id=com.google.android.voicesearch)so you should be able to install it and then that will work

We have nothing to fear but running out of beer

XxXxX
08-11-2011, 12:11 AM
From what I read... It's something you have to install... I think it was from the market... I'll see if I can find ya a link
cory46 posted this on another thread... https://market.android.com/details?id=com.google.android.voicesearch
(https://market.android.com/details?id=com.google.android.voicesearch)so you should be able to install it and then that will work

We have nothing to fear but running out of beer

Your Awesome bro thank you.

griz.droidx
08-14-2011, 02:02 PM
liquid 2.6, an awesome rom. Has anyone heard about 2.7 or when it might be out? Seems like its about time for another release ain't it?

BoostinBen
08-14-2011, 02:54 PM
Great rom...that I'm re-installing due to some functionality errors. I'm doing it through ROM manager this time and am going to wipe EVERYTHING. So far my favorite ROM and I've used just about all of them.

digitalmofo
08-14-2011, 11:25 PM
I went to 2.6 one day ago with a davlik and data wipe, straight from 2.4. No real problems, love it, battery is better with this version.

mrgspott
08-16-2011, 08:52 AM
can i flash lgb overtop of .596 or do i have to go back to a froyo build? i am currently running apex rc2

OldEmt
08-16-2011, 08:59 AM
can i flash lgb overtop of .596 or do i have to go back to a froyo build? i am currently running apex rc2

It's like all 2nd init roms, you have to SBF back to .340 to flash. Once on 2nd init roms you flash different ones with a wipe.

mrgspott
08-20-2011, 02:04 PM
It's like all 2nd init roms, you have to SBF back to .340 to flash. Once on 2nd init roms you flash different ones with a wipe.

whats a 2nd init rom?

Brad92
08-20-2011, 02:12 PM
whats a 2nd init rom?

Its a ROM that runs off the Froyo kernel but is actually Gingerbread. CM7, MIUI, SSX, Liquid and Justice are 2nd init.

CM74DX

cw0974
08-21-2011, 08:55 PM
I want to give liquid a try but I read something that confused me. I read that if I installed the stereo update, i have to sbf and start clean. Is this right? I did the stereo update while on mojo and cm7.

LiveToPonder
08-21-2011, 09:14 PM
I went to 2.6 one day ago with a davlik and data wipe, straight from 2.4. No real problems, love it, battery is better with this version.

+1 lovin liq 2.6

griz.droidx
08-26-2011, 08:30 AM
Speaking of battery life, check this out. As you can see, I use my phone. Granted, I didn't make a boatload of phone calls, but I did do some texting. Also about 30min of the Radio app, which I use every morning while getting ready for work. My old Sony CD player Boombox (1989 model huge), don't work worth a nickel anymore for cd's tapes, or radio. Guess I've got my use out of it. LOL.

Anyway I ran SSX 2.1 for a few days. It too is a sweet rom, but at least for me, I had more issues with it than with Liquid. It does have a s#$! ton more scripts and customizations, but all that ain't no good w/o stability and functionality. I can't wait til 3.0 drops. I should mention this is without facebook, V6, or any other scripts added. Just plain ol Liquid. With a few of the apps I use the most. If you haven't used AndSMB, its a really easy way to access Samba shares on your PC over wi-fi. Beats USB any day. This is my second go round with Liquid. I've been testing other roms, and its great to be back

JSM9872
08-26-2011, 09:12 AM
Wow thats crazy! Extended battery?

And also what theme are you running? I would like to check it out.

griz.droidx
08-26-2011, 10:23 AM
No extended battery, Theme is either Mixer v7 or Eyecandy. I prefer Eyecandy, The person working on eyecandy also fixed a theme which is still in beta but works fine just ain't as polished called Red Passion. Check those out. Definitely Eyecandy. The Screens don't do that one justice. Yeah, I'm running Mixer in that one. But definitely check out Eyecandy Animated. Ah, just check out both.. Both are nice. Don't let the fact that I'm promoting eyecandy fool you. Mixer is no slouch and a lot of people use that theme. I just think Eyecandy is more polished, if that's possible compared to Mixer because it too is polished. I like the little green android in the transparent droipdown status bar that is in eyecandy.

JSM9872
08-26-2011, 10:51 AM
Awesome. Thanks for the response!

I have heard of both of those just never tried them out. And I will try out both. Thats the beauty of the theme changer, so easy to flip between themes. Sometimes too easy for someone like me who likes to change set ups almost constantly :big smile:

griz.droidx
08-26-2011, 01:48 PM
Awesome. Thanks for the response!

I have heard of both of those just never tried them out. And I will try out both. Thats the beauty of the theme changer, so easy to flip between themes. Sometimes too easy for someone like me who likes to change set ups almost constantly :big smile:

I'm right there with you.. And you're welcome.

silver04v
09-02-2011, 11:28 PM
Battery doing pretty well on 2.6. I can deal.
http://tapatalk.com/mu/aefc2b29-acf1-ae66.jpg

Dripping awesome out of my Liquid 2.6 Droid X.

thecarlsoncrew
09-05-2011, 09:00 AM
I've been on Liquid 2.6 for a couple days now, and I really like it. But, there are just a couple things I can't quite figure out:

1. I can't get the alternate camera app to install correctly. One of the reasons I wanted to switch from Apex is that the camera was constantly crashing and not only locking up my phone but also losing my pics/videos. I see that there is an alternative one here on the Switch menu, but when I install it and run it, it freezes up the screen, force closes, or just doesn't seem to connect with the external lens (the app works fine, but the picture screen is all black).

2. In regard to a custom boot animation (not one of the ones included in L2.6), where do you put the audio file that goes along with the boot animation? I know where you put the video files, but I haven't yet gotten the audio to play while the boot animation is running.

3. My LED notification seems to have gone nuts. Every time I get any notification (Gmail, SMS, missed call, etc.) the LED comes on in the cool rotating color shifting thing that Liquid allows you to do. Unfortunately, I did not set this cool rotating color shifting thing to be active in the LED notifications settings screen. It sucks the battery life and generates a lot of heat, so I don't want to use it. Also curious is the fact that when I do the Flash Test to verify the color and blink rate of my LED notifications, it doesn't do what I've selected, but instead rotates through all the colors (and steady, no blinking). Any ideas what's going on with the LED craziness?

JSM9872
09-05-2011, 03:58 PM
Ok here goes nothing.

1) To get it to install you must have a good connection, I suggest wifi if you can, because the script deletes the one, downloads the other one from liquid's server, then installs it. However, I believe that the alternate one was either just a dumbed down version of the one that is stock, or the MIUI camera but it didnt work on 2.6 anyway.

2) I have never used a bootanimation that included audio. But I do remember that for liquid the bootanimation had to go in data and not system. If it normally goes in the same file then I would try putting it in there.

3) I assume you were using the tweaks in liquid settings for this. If you were I do not know why it is happening. I do not remember experiencing this. Maybe try clearing data on the settings apk. Settings > Applications > Manage Applications > Settings > Clear Data, then try setting it up again. I will warn you though if you do this you will have to reset all your tweaks, which in liquid there are a number of them.

thecarlsoncrew
09-06-2011, 12:02 AM
Ok here goes nothing.

1) To get it to install you must have a good connection, I suggest wifi if you can, because the script deletes the one, downloads the other one from liquid's server, then installs it. However, I believe that the alternate one was either just a dumbed down version of the one that is stock, or the MIUI camera but it didnt work on 2.6 anyway.

2) I have never used a bootanimation that included audio. But I do remember that for liquid the bootanimation had to go in data and not system. If it normally goes in the same file then I would try putting it in there.

3) I assume you were using the tweaks in liquid settings for this. If you were I do not know why it is happening. I do not remember experiencing this. Maybe try clearing data on the settings apk. Settings > Applications > Manage Applications > Settings > Clear Data, then try setting it up again. I will warn you though if you do this you will have to reset all your tweaks, which in liquid there are a number of them.

Thanks for your suggestions! Unfortunately, the Miui camera (which is what the alternate one appears to be based on the force close message I sometimes get) just likes to crash. Any way to get a different camera apk? I like the idea of the jitter correction, but the stock doesn't have it.

Also, I've got the audio file in the /data/local directory already, but it's still not working. Not a big deal on this one, though.

I tried resetting all of the settings, but the "Clear Settings" button wasn't even lit up and available as an option. I reset the Liquid Tweaks, but that didn't have any effect. Is there any other way to force the settings clear for the Liquid Settings app?

JSM9872
09-06-2011, 12:16 AM
Not sure about the jitter correction. Was that a blur thing?

And I am confused by the Liquid Settings issue as well now. I just tried clearing the data on all things related to any sort of settings with no luck. I just assumed that like with any other ROM it would work. Must have something to do with the way the apks are set up. So I guess I do not know unfortunately.

Man I didnt do good at all with suggestions. Fail :omg:

thecarlsoncrew
09-06-2011, 12:52 AM
Not sure about the jitter correction. Was that a blur thing?

And I am confused by the Liquid Settings issue as well now. I just tried clearing the data on all things related to any sort of settings with no luck. I just assumed that like with any other ROM it would work. Must have something to do with the way the apks are set up. So I guess I do not know unfortunately.

Man I didnt do good at all with suggestions. Fail :omg:

The jitter correction was something I noticed in the MIUI camera before it crashed on my. That's always been one of my beefs with phone cameras, so I was very interested in getting that feature. I just downloaded and installed a couple other camera apks, so hopefully one of those will work out to be more stable than the stock app.

Unfortunately, it looks like my question about the Liquid settings/LED notification craziness is contagious! ;) Hopefully someone else can clue us in on this one.

Thanks for responding, anyway, I appreciate your help!

JSM9872
09-06-2011, 01:03 AM
No problem. Just out of curiosity how did you install liquid? Was it a full wipe?

thecarlsoncrew
09-06-2011, 01:18 AM
No problem. Just out of curiosity how did you install liquid? Was it a full wipe?

Yes, I SBF'd back to 2.3.340, wiped cache/data, flashed to the 2.6 zip file, then wiped cache/factory reset again.

Interesting development here...I'm not sure what changed, but now the various colors are working properly. I went into the LED notification settings again (for no real reason) and suddenly the Always Pulse, Succession, Random Colors, and Pulse in Order were checked (they weren't before), so I unchecked them. Now I'm at least getting the correct colors for each app, but the blinking part isn't happening at all - no matter what blink rate I choose I'm getting about a 1/4 second blink every 10 seconds or so. Might as well be constantly on, but at least I'm getting the right colors. I suppose that's progress!

JSM9872
09-06-2011, 01:27 AM
Hey thats a good thing. We will take it lol.

thecarlsoncrew
09-06-2011, 01:30 AM
Holy cow...! I reset the Liquid Tweaks and rebooted again just to see what would happen, and now the blinking is working properly, too! I guess maybe the reset/reboot just needs to cycle through a couple of times in order to fully take effect. Strange, but there it is. It'll be interesting to see if it reverts to the previous (incorrect) battery-sucking settings at any point.

JSM9872
09-06-2011, 01:44 AM
Interesting it will be indeed.

I actually tried the whole wipe and reboot so who knows why it worked this time around.

Either way it is working so I am not going to ask lol.

QS23
09-06-2011, 06:21 AM
Can liquid be installed on a rooted gb 602? I am totally new to ALL of this.

I have su, titanium, script mgr, and DROID x bootstrapped installed.

thecarlsoncrew
09-06-2011, 07:31 AM
Interesting it will be indeed.

I actually tried the whole wipe and reboot so who knows why it worked this time around.

Either way it is working so I am not going to ask lol.

Amen to that!

thecarlsoncrew
09-06-2011, 07:36 AM

I'm no expert myself, but I don't think so. If I understand things correctly, the 602 has a different structure underneath it, so if you put Liquid on top of it, you'll have problems. The process I just followed was this (coming from .596 GB):
- SBF to .340
- Root with z4root
- Download ROM Manager
- install 2nd init clockwork recovery
- Reboot into recovery with Droid 2 Bootstrapper
- Clear data cache dalvik cache
- Flash Liquid
- Reboot, wipe cache and factory reset
- Reboot again and you should be running liquid

It worked pretty well for me, and I've just been trying to iron out a couple of tweak-ish bugs over the last couple days. Hopefully someone who actually knows what they're talking about can confirm whether or not you can do this process from .602.

savagerun
09-06-2011, 08:13 AM

No it can't be installed over 602
You'll need to sbf back to froyo. Carlsoncrew is correct.

The persuader
09-06-2011, 08:54 AM
I'm no expert myself, but I don't think so. If I understand things correctly, the 602 has a different structure underneath it, so if you put Liquid on top of it, you'll have problems. The process I just followed was this (coming from .596 GB):
- SBF to .340
- Root with z4root
- Download ROM Manager
- install 2nd init clockwork recovery
- Reboot into recovery with Droid 2 Bootstrapper
- Clear data cache dalvik cache
- Flash Liquid
- Reboot, wipe cache and factory reset
- Reboot again and you should be running liquid

It worked pretty well for me, and I've just been trying to iron out a couple of tweak-ish bugs over the last couple days. Hopefully someone who actually knows what they're talking about can confirm whether or not you can do this process from .602.

You're right!...

If your on. 602 you need to SBF to
.340 Period...no exceptions

Its Bubba