PDA

View Full Version : Droid x2 updated while rooted big issues

versz
08-07-2011, 02:36 PM
So last week I found out that the GingerBreak root system for my month old Droid x2 works PERFECTLY.
Then I found out the free Barnacle Tether APP from the market works PERFECTLY as well.
Things were going amazing for me until my Droid x2 said I had an update. not thinking of course I updated it while it was rooted. I cannot re-root/unroot/or remove Super User. If I try to re-root with GingerBreak it basically sits there saying its running the exploit which I think its problem is that SuperUser is still installed and I cannot remove it. Ive tried HARD RESETs from going into settings that failed. I tried uninstalling it myself from going into my Files folder and that failed I cannot find any traces of superuser. Im currentl downloading the stickied SBF file posted on these forums because I heard SBF is the only way to restore your phone to "Out Of The Box" Status which would be the highlight of my day at the moment. Can anyone tell me how to exactly SBF this thing? Or if there is an alternative easy way? Im seriously a newb at phones. But at least im not a lazy one. Thank you all in advance.

juhde
08-07-2011, 03:14 PM
Search the forum, there are probably a dozen threads about general sbf usage and at least 2 specifically for the X2.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Droid X Forums

versz
08-07-2011, 03:32 PM
any links you could post off the top of your head would be highly appreciated atm. i keep searching for specifically 'sbf droid x2' and all i get is links to where to download the sbf not guides. ill keep searching but id like to restore this asap. thank you

juhde
08-07-2011, 03:42 PM
www.droidxforums.com/forum/droid-x2-support/30641-how-sbf-x2-until-1kds-releases-iso.html

Sent from my DROID X2 using Droid X Forums