PDA

View Full Version : [ROM][Gingerbread .596] Shuji

macpro88
08-07-2011, 12:47 PM
This is a ROM for Gingerbread .596, this is NOT a 2nd-INIT ROM. You must already be on Gingerbread .596 to flash this ROM

OP @Rootz Wiki: RootzWiki (http://rootzwiki.com/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=50363)

http://i56.tinypic.com/s1q6gh.jpg

Shuji : Japanese Name Meaning Excellence -

Brought To You By : Sturdy Click Syndicate

Shuji is a Droid X only ROM, built on the .596 GB Kernel / Operating System, Fuzed with optimization scripts by Imoseyon, Jrummy16, Mobile_Sensei, & JakeBites, as well as system applications compiled from Cyanogen & Android Open Source By Fabolous & r2DoesInc. The result is a fully functioning, stable ROM, tweaked for performance & exceptional battery life. The only Blur remainig is the accts. just as in Apex 2.0, which the Shuji OS was modeled after. The ROM contains a version of Jrummy16's ROM ToolBox. The Launcher2 is from OMGB & Contains a "God Mode" tab which is non-functional at the moment, but will be repurposed in the future.

To use this ROM, you must be on a rooted Droid X, & already on the .596 GB OS.
*Download ROM to SD Card
*Bootstrap Recovery & Boot Into CWR
*Wipe Data / Cache / & Dalvik Cache
*Flash ROM
*Reboot & Sign Into Google. Google Apps Must Be Installed From Market & Accts Synced In Settings.

Please visit the OP at Rootz Wiki for download link, please do not post alternate links here without proper permissions.

*Credits : Sturdy Click Syndicate Team : MetiCkOne , Mobile_Sensei, JakeBites, CamDroid, SteadyHawkin, xREVx, & 5cr34m1n6mu73.
Thanks to Jrummy16, r2DoesInc, Fabolous, BBCrackMan& Imoseyon

We Already Have almost 10 themes ready for this ROM, stay tuned for theme releases.
* Sensei Mods - Fueling The Android Revolution (http://www.sensei-mods.com)

MD5 : F29031E5803ED48FADC4471FC89CAE75

BHuber09
08-07-2011, 12:49 PM
I've heard good and bad about this Rom
I've got it on my SD card, just waiting to hear more good new before I flash.

FreeMyMoto!!!

TideFan22
08-07-2011, 12:50 PM
I would definitely give this a run if I was on 596, to bad to cause ZS guy is a dev on this ain't he? And I loved ZS great batt

Running MIUI and loving it

macpro88
08-07-2011, 12:52 PM
I've heard good things as well, and all ROM's have bad things lol, but the team that put this together, this thing has to run pretty well. Thinking about running this before I go back to MIUI :D

BHuber09
08-07-2011, 12:55 PM
I've heard this one is comparable to ZS in battery life and it had killer battery life.
And really that's what im telling myself.
I can't wait to try but im testing out a Rom got a guy and all that.
But as soon as this rom is released im on shuji

FreeMyMoto!!!

macpro88
08-07-2011, 12:56 PM
Great battery life cause its .596 based, .596 has had the best batter life than other ROM IMHO, ever see my screen shot of 2 weeks battery life?

Snow02
08-07-2011, 12:58 PM
Great battery life cause its .596 based, .596 has had the best batter life than other ROM IMHO, ever see my screen shot of 2 weeks battery life?

Sleep mode doesn't count....

But you're right, it is substantially better than anything else.

macpro88
08-07-2011, 01:00 PM
Sleep mode doesn't count....

But you're right, it is substantially better than anything else.

haha, I like to think it does, still shows how great it does at managing battery life, even is sleep mode, still even with heavy use, i would get 20-23 hours out of it, with at least one whole night in sleep mode and charging the other night. Best battery IMHO.

TideFan22
08-07-2011, 01:05 PM
Yeah battery ruled on 596

Snow02
08-07-2011, 01:21 PM
Yeah battery ruled on 596

Which is why I'm back on it. I actually stayed on miui for almost a whole week though...

I almost stayed for the drop down text notification alone. I loved that.

macpro88
08-07-2011, 01:23 PM
Which is why I'm back on it. I actually stayed on miui for almost a whole week though...

I almost stayed for the drop down text notification alone. I loved that.

Yes, MIUI was sweet and that drop down text was awesome, I'll probably try this out first, cause once I got back to MIUI, I don't know if I'll be able to go back to anything for a while lol (a week or two ;)) lol

Snow02
08-07-2011, 01:26 PM
Ack, just realized this is a thread for another rom. Sorry for the hijack.

macpro88
08-07-2011, 01:28 PM
Ack, just realized this is a thread for another rom. Sorry for the hijack.

ahaha, all well... it was sorta on topic lol

fc127
08-07-2011, 01:43 PM
I just flashed this and literally just finished setting my phone up again. It is a snappy rom, after all of the initial setup. Obviously I cannot speak about battery life yet, but this will be a sweet rom when they are done with all of the add-ons.

The dev team behind Shuji are some of the best in the business, so to speak. I have no doubt that this will be awesome.

From Shuji on my DX

macpro88
08-07-2011, 01:50 PM
The themes he will put out will be awesome as well, he does a great job themeing.

fc127
08-07-2011, 02:01 PM
The themes he will put out will be awesome as well, he does a great job themeing.

True story! Also, I noticed in the rom toolbox there is a section for the T-Mobile theme chooser... That will be awesome!

From Shuji on my DX

griz.droidx
08-07-2011, 10:10 PM
I don't see the theme chooser theme's working, unless some major changes are made to the underlying core of the rom. But speaking of theme's I'm wanting to try this pretty bad right now, but I am waiting to see what theme's he releases for it. Seem's like it's good be pretty slick.

kochoid
08-08-2011, 07:43 AM
Shuji is the smoothest my phone has ever been. I have two issues, tho, that I had with aosp libqerty. Market will download app, but not install it . Ill have to dload two or three times to get it to install.. And phone will randomly turn on after I power off, but not right away like a reboot.

Good batt tho and stock theme is android gb.

Sent from my SSX powered, STRAIGHT EDGE DROIDX using Droid X Forums

fc127
08-08-2011, 04:12 PM
I don't see the theme chooser theme's working, unless some major changes are made to the underlying core of the rom. But speaking of theme's I'm wanting to try this pretty bad right now, but I am waiting to see what theme's he releases for it. Seem's like it's good be pretty slick.

This is the matted blues theme. I like it, not too flashy.
http://tapatalk.com/mu/aefeb0cd-5144-f2e8.jpg

From Shuji on my DX

Icebluemale30
08-08-2011, 04:21 PM
is there a place to view pics of this rom or can someone post up some pics id like to see what all the buzz is about ?

fc127
08-08-2011, 04:27 PM
is there a place to view pics of this rom or can someone post up some pics id like to see what all the buzz is about ?

Try here:http://rootzwiki.com/showthread.php?t=2432&page=2

About half way down are pics of the stock theme.

From Shuji on my DX

Icebluemale30
08-08-2011, 04:36 PM
Try here:[ROM] Shuji ROM - DX - Page 2 (http://rootzwiki.com/showthread.php?t=2432&page=2)

About half way down are pics of the stock theme.

From Shuji on my DX

Thanks but the OP said that was his setup from LP i want to see it stock from setup no add ons but thank you just the same !

J_Bone
08-08-2011, 04:41 PM
So I would have reinstall all my apps when changing ROMs?

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums

Wulf
08-09-2011, 12:53 PM
So I would have reinstall all my apps when changing ROMs?

If you wiped data, yes.

What rom am I on? hell, whatever one just got updated...

milski65
08-09-2011, 03:55 PM
Is it necessary to wipe batt stats as well? I think I read somewhere that is common practice with you pros who flash all the time, but just wanted to be sure (for now and future flashing).

Wulf
08-09-2011, 05:17 PM
Is it necessary to wipe batt stats as well? I think I read somewhere that is common practice with you pros who flash all the time, but just wanted to be sure (for now and future flashing).

As long as you do it on a full charge it should be OK. I usually do battery cache and dalvic.

milski65
08-09-2011, 06:41 PM
Thanks Wulf. Flashed without issue. Very fast as well. Coming off a spare X on DSX. Need some direction. It's a wireless only phone. KNow the 4 corner method, which I did. But I'll be damned if I can get Tibu loaded to reinstall everything. And the call activation screen comes up every time I reboot or pull battery. This did not happen with DSX. I know I'm missing something simple here, but any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Edit: Installed second part of Tibu and it showed up. Should I restore all apps with data, restore missing apps with data, or restore all apps and system data.

Wulf
08-09-2011, 07:06 PM
Thanks Wulf. Flashed without issue. Very fast as well. Coming off a spare X on DSX. Need some direction. It's a wireless only phone. KNow the 4 corner method, which I did. But I'll be damned if I can get Tibu loaded to reinstall everything. And the call activation screen comes up every time I reboot or pull battery. This did not happen with DSX. I know I'm missing something simple here, but any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Edit: Installed second part of Tibu and it showed up. Should I restore all apps with data, restore missing apps with data, or restore all apps and system data.

If you backed up from a different Rom I would only restore app only. With some apps restoring data could cause fc's.

silver04v
08-09-2011, 07:13 PM

Just don't restore system data whatever you do.

dripping awesome out of my liquid DX.

milski65
08-09-2011, 07:13 PM
Thank you kindly Wulf. I do appreciate your help very much. DSX and Shuji we are arollin.

Got you Silver, and thank you, on the data part. Wasn't 100% sure but now I am.

woodfielder
08-09-2011, 07:18 PM
As soon as someone finds out what the battery life is like, please post!

Sent from the guy behind you

milski65
08-09-2011, 07:30 PM
Oh I will woodfielder. I'm going to run it against DSX. Already know dsx is stellar. We'll see about shuji.

Wulf
08-09-2011, 07:37 PM
Oh I will woodfielder. I'm going to run it against DSX. Already know dsx is stellar. We'll see about shuji.

If this helps, when flashed DXS on first charge and hammering it I got about 17 hours. With shuji hammered that as well on first charge and got about 9 hours, few reboots, couple calls, couple downloads and surfing the web with over 3hours with screen on.

milski65
08-09-2011, 07:52 PM
If this helps, when flashed DXS on first charge and hammering it I got about 17 hours. With shuji hammered that as well on first charge and got about 9 hours, few reboots, couple calls, couple downloads and surfing the web with over 3hours with screen on.

I haven't flashed to your extent, but from what I've used with DSX and what I've read, I'm doubtful there is another rom out there that offers the battery life of BB and dsx.

Wulf
08-09-2011, 07:56 PM
I haven't flashed to your extent, but from what I've used with DSX and what I've read, I'm doubtful there is another rom out there that offers the battery life of BB and dsx.

Yeah I tried a quite a few roms but dsx has been the best I had with battery. Not to take away from its performance which was very stable.

fc127
08-09-2011, 08:24 PM
As soon as someone finds out what the battery life is like, please post!

This is my battery life from today... I streamed Google music for about a total of 3 hours. The battery indicator just turned to 30%.

From Shuji on my DX

BHuber09
08-09-2011, 09:51 PM
Is anyone else's settings force closing when they open it?
It was fine when I first flashed but then I clicked menu and god mode and it FCd and now the settings won't open

FreeMyMoto!!!

griz.droidx
08-09-2011, 09:56 PM
Did you install this using the theme chooser in the toolbox or rom toolbox or whatever its called? Those themes are for CM7 rom, if they work on sensi's new rom, I would definitely give it a try, have the other themes been finished yet?

This is the matted blues theme. I like it, not too flashy.
http://tapatalk.com/mu/aefeb0cd-5144-f2e8.jpg

From Shuji on my DX

milski65
08-10-2011, 03:06 AM
This is my battery life from today... I streamed Google music for about a total of 3 hours. The battery indicator just turned to 30%.

From Shuji on my DX

Why am I missing battery usage under settings? Where is it located now?

NM. Found in applications.

fc127
08-10-2011, 04:41 AM
Did you install this using the theme chooser in the toolbox or rom toolbox or whatever its called? Those themes are for CM7 rom, if they work on sensi's new rom, I would definitely give it a try, have the other themes been finished yet?

No, the theme manager doesn't work yet. This is available from the link in the op and flashed in clockwork.

From Shuji on my DX

Wulf
08-10-2011, 05:52 AM
Why am I missing battery usage under settings? Where is it located now?

NM. Found in applications.

You could go to applications and then select battery usage.

woodfielder
08-10-2011, 11:23 AM
Thanks 4 the battery replys.. seems decent. About the same im getn on cm7 but ive done alotta tweaking and underclocking. What have yall done to extend battery?

macpro88
08-10-2011, 11:33 AM
Thanks 4 the battery replys.. seems decent. About the same im getn on cm7 but ive done alotta tweaking and underclocking. What have yall done to extend battery?

Don't have to do much. Stock .596 and .596 ROM's get better battery life than CM7 and 2nd-INIT ROM's with out having to do any tweaking. On .596 and .596 ROM's I don't over/under clock, no supercharger, nothing, and I can get about 22-24 hours battery life on moderate usage. That kernel and build base just has fantastic battery management.

woodfielder
08-10-2011, 12:15 PM
Don't have to do much. Stock .596 and .596 ROM's get better battery life than CM7 and 2nd-INIT ROM's with out having to do any tweaking. On .596 and .596 ROM's I don't over/under clock, no supercharger, nothing, and I can get about 22-24 hours battery life on moderate usage. That kernel and build base just has fantastic battery management.

Hmmmm thats good to know, i just rly dnt wana give up the customization that cm7 has! Like full themes on the fly... changed my life!

macpro88
08-10-2011, 12:17 PM
Hmmmm thats good to know, i just rly dnt wana give up the customization that cm7 has! Like full themes on the fly... changed my life!

Haha, yeah, the themes on the go is awesome, hard to give that up lol and honestly, if you can get a days worth out of the battery and charge it every night while you sleep, what's wrong with that? Too many people expect these phones to go 3 days on a charge and that don't happen any more, maybe on my old Env Touch, but not on these smartphones. If I can get a full days use, charge at night, im happy.

Wulf
08-10-2011, 12:21 PM

There maybe hope, check this.
http://cvpcs.org/blog/2011-07-26/i_can_haz_an_update

Read part of DX, cm7 on gb kernel. Hopeful.

macpro88
08-10-2011, 12:42 PM
There maybe hope, check this.
Still Loading ... » blog:2011-07-26:i_can_haz_an_update (http://cvpcs.org/blog/2011-07-26/i_can_haz_an_update)

Read part of DX, cm7 on gb kernel. Hopeful.

Read that as well, how awesome would that be to be on that kernel and CM7 at the same time...

Bkdodger
08-10-2011, 12:52 PM
Read that as well, how awesome would that be to be on that kernel and CM7 at the same time...

I read the same ..would be awesome although seems not soon enough ..

Sent from elGato's X..
"I will not flash today...I will not flash tonight ..oh who am I kidding...."

Wulf
08-10-2011, 12:55 PM

Perfect blend of customization and battery life. Our phones would be waiting for us to wakeup instead of us waiting for them to charge lol.

macpro88
08-10-2011, 01:47 PM
Perfect blend of customization and battery life. Our phones would be waiting for us to wakeup instead of us waiting for them to charge lol.

Yeah, lol, that would be awesome.

Wulf
08-10-2011, 04:08 PM
Oh how I missed the battery life on 596. Today unplugged at 5:39am and checked on phone at 4:00 and still at 20% with normal usage. With liquid I would have been on the charger after 1pm lol.

cuebask
08-10-2011, 06:13 PM
Agreed! Made the switch when this released. Kind of over the cm7 based hype. Withcm7 based roms,customization is unmatched. However, battery life and the ability to make and watch HD video finally got the best of me. (flash blur camera from Apex) I'm getting over 24 hrs consistently. (under volted) To me just as "smooth" and "fast" without any bugs.

Wulf
08-10-2011, 06:38 PM
Agreed! Made the switch when this released. Kind of over the cm7 based hype. Withcm7 based roms,customization is unmatched. However, battery life and the ability to make and watch HD video finally got the best of me. (flash blur camera from Apex) I'm getting over 24 hrs consistently. (under volted) To me just as "smooth" and "fast" without any bugs.

Did you supercharge it? Gives it a little extra boost.

DrifterX
08-10-2011, 09:33 PM
Hello ppl..i have a question, right now I'm on 2.3.340 Apex 1.4.1. I have the 2 part rooted .596 from TBH. To get to Gb, do I need to wipe data/cache/dalvik before flashing the 2 part rooted .596 files? I'm needing to get on rooted Gb before trying out this Shuji rom. I used to be on Gb, but that was way back then going the old 588/591/596 route. Also one last thing, do I need to sbf to stock froyo before going Gb or can I just go from Apex 1.4.1?

savagerun
08-10-2011, 09:44 PM
Yes you can go to gb right from where your at just do the wipes before flashing gb files. Your good to go.

DrifterX
08-10-2011, 09:48 PM
Thanks a whole lot. I'll be on Gb shortly.

savagerun
08-10-2011, 09:56 PM
Ok good luck. Im on shuji now so far very good only been on it for few hrs i came from miui to check it out.

DrifterX
08-10-2011, 10:21 PM
This didn't seem to work. I'm getting a "installation aborted". Probably better to get back on stock froyo before flashing Gb files. I wonder if maybe some of the missing bloatware apps in the Apex rom is causing this...

Bkdodger
08-10-2011, 10:24 PM
This didn't seem to work. I'm getting a "installation aborted". Probably better to get back on stock froyo before flashing Gb files. I wonder if maybe some of the missing bloatware apps in the Apex rom is causing this...

Stock froyo def ..sbf if you don't have a clean stock backup ...then flash the two part ..

Sent from elGato's X..

DrifterX
08-10-2011, 10:34 PM
That's what I was thinking too, but I was just being lazy.lol Guess I'll wait til I have a full battery before tinkering with this. I didn't even bother to make stock froyo back-up. Thanks Bkdodger & Savagerun!:omg:

savagerun
08-10-2011, 10:51 PM
He was already on rooted froyo why would he need to sbf? He should of been ok just doing a full wipe before flashing the GB files. Am i missing something?

x909xvolcomx
08-11-2011, 12:42 AM
I love this ROM nothing bad so far... I have mine theme with Galaxy S theme

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Bkdodger
08-11-2011, 05:08 AM
He was already on rooted froyo why would he need to sbf? He should of been ok just doing a full wipe before flashing the GB files. Am i missing something?

He needs to be stock froyo to install two part GB ...he's on Apex 1.4 currently ..

Sent from elGato's X..

savagerun
08-11-2011, 07:44 AM
Ok Bk. I thought doing a full wipe before flashing GB files would have wiped apex and put him back to stock froyo.

scottpole
08-11-2011, 07:54 AM
Ok Bk. I thought doing a full wipe before flashing GB files would have wiped apex and put him back to stock froyo.

A wipe only removes all user apps and data and revert to stock settings of the current rom. You would have to sbf to get back to stock froyo from another rom.

Uploaded from my CyanogenMod7 X

Bkdodger
08-11-2011, 08:26 AM
Yup as Scott mentioned ..+1
But a quick sbf and he will be on his way to GB two part ..

So how is everyone liking Shuji ? I'm thinking of test driving ..any issues ?

Sent from elGato's X..

J_Bone
08-11-2011, 08:45 AM
I've been waiting to hear the benefits of this ROM. No one has posted the positives other than "no problems so far".
ANY thing special?

Wulf
08-11-2011, 08:49 AM
Yup as Scott mentioned ..+1
But a quick sbf and he will be on his way to GB two part ..

So how is everyone liking Shuji ? I'm thinking of test driving ..any issues ?

Sent from elGato's X..

No real issues that stand out a few bugs here and there. Only thing was the market, it came with 2.3.4 and not sure why lol. It didn't show any lists of apps but you could still search for apps. I just flashed the apex new market zip along with apex blur camera and all good after that. Runs good with supercharge script and comes with jrummy rom manager. Worth a spin. If I see anything or forgot something ill post back.

Oh and battery life is decent lol.

milski65
08-11-2011, 08:57 AM
I've been running it for a day. Great battery life, no fc's, quite a bit themable, great team behind it, and from what I've read even better updates in the near future. I can only compare to dsx. If you're not concerned with battery, choices wide open. If you want complete dependability and battery, dsx IMO.

Wulf
08-11-2011, 09:04 AM
I've been running it for a day. Great battery life, no fc's, quite a bit themable, great team behind it, and from what I've read even better updates in the near future. I can only compare to dsx. If you're not concerned with battery, choices wide open. If you want complete dependability and battery, dsx IMO.

+1 to DSX. Certainly one of my favorites and every so often I come back to it.

savagerun
08-11-2011, 09:13 AM
Thanks for clarifying that for me. Learn something new everyday. I've been been jumping around from rom to rom the past few days surprised i haven't ran into any problems. Lol... Im on shuji now coming from miui and the thing that stands out is the battery life. I charge my battery before bed every night and leave my phone on and when i was on miui i would have 83% battery left in the morning. This morning i had 93% on shuji. I normally sleep 6 hrs. I was also relieved to have the old market back cuz i hate the new one. Anyone have a link to a blur camera? Oh for what it matters i was getting QUADRANT scores of 2600 on miui and now 1800 on shuji.

Wulf
08-11-2011, 09:44 AM
Here's link for apex bur camera and a few others
http://www.mediafire.com/?8utzwcpz2hjzd

Bkdodger
08-11-2011, 09:46 AM
Great info everyone ..thank you

Sent from elGato's X..

savagerun
08-11-2011, 09:47 AM
Thanks Wulf.

Wulf
08-11-2011, 10:08 AM
Thanks Wulf.

Your welcome.

dburgessme2
08-11-2011, 10:51 AM
As much reading as I do here, for the life of me I can't figure out what the "dsx" rom is. I am on 596 rooted and deodexed. Never flashed a ROM but would like to. However, functionality of everything is more important than the joy of running something that has things that simply don't work. So, what is "dsx"?

Thanks!

Wulf
08-11-2011, 11:26 AM
As much reading as I do here, for the life of me I can't figure out what the "dsx" rom is. I am on 596 rooted and deodexed. Never flashed a ROM but would like to. However, functionality of everything is more important than the joy of running something that has things that simply don't work. So, what is "dsx"?

Thanks!

Darkslide X. Its a blur rom by BBcrackman over at mydroidworld
Its a fast, very stable, and fully functional, camera, hdmi,all the blur perks lol. It has fly in animations, which I really liked. I made a few themes for it. Its a good 596 rom, really worth checking out IMO.

dburgessme2
08-11-2011, 11:29 AM
Thanks for the quick reply!

Wulf
08-11-2011, 11:56 AM
Thanks for the quick reply!

Your welcome.

macpro88
08-12-2011, 09:47 AM
finally got around to installing this, is anyone having issues?

so far only issue is when i go to activate god mode, the whole android system FC's and restarts....

Wulf
08-12-2011, 09:57 AM
finally got around to installing this, is anyone having issues?

so far only issue is when i go to activate god mode, the whole android system FC's and restarts....

That option not yet available at least some of it, its suppose to be fixed in next update, I use adw to hide that option.

macpro88
08-12-2011, 10:10 AM
That option not yet available at least some of it, its suppose to be fixed in next update, I use adw to hide that option.

Oooo ok, never saw that part. Thanks.

Wulf
08-12-2011, 10:12 AM
Oooo ok, never saw that part. Thanks.

No prob.

Rugman55
08-12-2011, 01:55 PM
Can I flash this rom over Liquid Gingerbread v 2.6 or do I have to sbf back to froyo and then build up to 596?

macpro88
08-12-2011, 02:07 PM
Can I flash this rom over Liquid Gingerbread v 2.6 or do I have to sbf back to froyo and then build up to 596?

Need to build back up to .596.

Wulf
08-12-2011, 02:16 PM
Need to build back up to .596.

I've been testing a method without sbf

griz.droidx
08-12-2011, 03:18 PM

Is it working? Where can I find out more or learn how to do it?

Rugman55
08-12-2011, 03:19 PM

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums I hope you can get it to work cause I get so tired of sbfing to check out each new rom.

Wulf
08-12-2011, 03:26 PM
Is it working? Where can I find out more or learn how to do it?

I started a thread about it. I went from miui to shuji without sbf, I tested this method earlier today and at this moment I'm running shuji.

http://www.DroidXForums.com/forum/gingerbread-development-hacking/34522-going-cm7-based-rom-596-backup-one-clockwork-session.html

ConnorE
08-18-2011, 02:31 AM
So just to make sure before I install the patches, all I have to do to get the blur features back is reboot into recovery and flash the blur files from this website correct? Free File Hosting Made Simple - MediaFire (http://www.mediafire.com/?8utzwcpz2hjzd)

fc127
08-18-2011, 04:19 AM
So just to make sure before I install the patches, all I have to do to get the blur features back is reboot into recovery and flash the blur files from this website correct? Free File Hosting Made Simple - MediaFire (http://www.mediafire.com/?8utzwcpz2hjzd)

Yes, all of those are flashable (thanks to Fabolous). Boot into cwm and flash as you normally would.

From DSX on my DX

ConnorE
08-18-2011, 12:25 PM
Yes, all of those are flashable (thanks to Fabolous). Boot into cwm and flash as you normally would.

From DSX on my DX

Thanks.

Sent from my rooted GB Droid X!

Pensacola32526
08-19-2011, 11:26 AM
I'm impressed with Shuji. Great job to the developer! Battery life has increased, functionality and reliability is a plus. :big smile:

ConnorE
08-21-2011, 04:31 AM
Is YouTube app also not working for anyone else?

Sent from my rooted GB Droid X!

alphabets
08-21-2011, 07:12 AM
Mine works...maybe try to uninstall in rom toolbox and reinstall through the market.

scottpole
08-21-2011, 05:41 PM
I would like to check this rom out. Is there any known way to remove 10% increments without going through the trouble of morphing. Other than that downloading now.

Sefirosu
08-23-2011, 10:02 PM
The .602 version just dropped:

[ROM] Shuji ROM 2.0 - DX (http://rootzwiki.com/showthread.php?t=3599)

dbrock1980
08-24-2011, 04:37 PM
does it have asop dialer and such like liberity and genisis? or is it blur stuff still in there a bit

Wulf
08-24-2011, 04:57 PM
does it have asop dialer and such like liberity and genisis? or is it blur stuff still in there a bit

Aosp apps, but could use the apex blur zips to put some stuff back in like camera, mtkb, swipe.

Scooby7274
08-26-2011, 11:09 PM
Been wanting to try this rom. Im already on rooted 596 gb. Looks like I can just flash it?

as_daylight_dies
08-26-2011, 11:17 PM
Been wanting to try this rom. Im already on rooted 596 gb. Looks like I can just flash it?

Indeed

~Sent from my Droid X running MIUI 1.8.19

JSM9872
08-27-2011, 12:19 AM

You can definitely flash this version. But there is a newer release as well, shuji 2.0.

Scooby7274
08-27-2011, 06:38 AM
Excellent.I did see that 2.0 is out for the 602.I can just save my current rom with TiBU or Rom manager and jut go back to it after I try out Shuji if I decide to?

milski65
08-27-2011, 06:47 AM

You can flash 1.0. For 2.0 you need to sbf to 340 first.

JSM9872
08-27-2011, 07:03 AM
Excellent.I did see that 2.0 is out for the 602.I can just save my current rom with TiBU or Rom manager and jut go back to it after I try out Shuji if I decide to?

Since 2.0 is based off .602 and 1.0 is based off of .596 I am not sure what the procedure is as far as restoring backups truthfully. I would think since they are both gb based you could, but as I said I am not sure.

As far as flashing 2.0 though. You might not need to sbf back to froyo. But you probably will have to update to .602 first. I believe the release thread at mdw has an option for that.

EDIT: I was incorrect. I was thinking of the unrooted .602. There is no upgrade path to .602 from .596, only from .340 froyo. Sorry about that, darn early morning posting.

Scooby7274
08-27-2011, 09:30 AM
Thanks.

as_daylight_dies
08-27-2011, 09:57 AM
You can flash 1.0. For 2.0 you need to sbf to 340 first.

Are u sure about having to sbf to get to 2.0? I thought I read somewhere u can flash .602 ROMs over .596 ROMs... Although I could just be imagining reading that =) Can anyone confirm or deny?

Wulf
08-27-2011, 10:03 AM
Are u sure about having to sbf to get to 2.0? I thought I read somewhere u can flash .602 ROMs over .596 ROMs... Although I could just be imagining reading that =) Can anyone confirm or deny?

You have to be on 602 already to flash 2.0, it's just based on 602. But you should be able to restore backups over each other.

milski65
08-27-2011, 10:10 AM
You can't just go into cwr and flash 2.0 over 596. You have to be on 602 to do that. I do believe Framework came out with a 1 touch flash to 602, but I haven't followed up on that. It took me 30 minutes to 1kds, flash the 602 aio from tbh, then flash 2.0.

Edit. Sorry wulf, didn't see your post.

JSM9872
08-27-2011, 10:18 AM
Its my understanding that you can flash 596 roms if you have 602 installed. You will retain the new radio but it will downgrade your system version.

I don't believe you can go the other way and flash a 602 rom over 596 though as milski and wulf said. You wouldn't have the proper radio in that case.

scottpole
08-27-2011, 10:30 AM
Been running this rom for a few days now and I gotta say I really love it. I get great battery life and I mean great. Its very fast and smooth all around. Everything seems to function correctly I haven't had any force closes with any system applications. I'm using go launcher and when using it on stock debloated 596 I noticed some lag when scrolling home screens but on this rom with identical setup there is none at all. Besides occasional widget lag. Overall satisfied with this rom and the gingerbread theme it has. Great job here. Will there be a version for the updated radio?

Wulf
08-27-2011, 10:43 AM
Its my understanding that you can flash 596 roms if you have 602 installed. You will retain the new radio but it will downgrade your system version.

I don't believe you can go the other way and flash a 602 rom over 596 though as milski and wulf said. You wouldn't have the proper radio in that case.

I can confirm that you can restore a 602 backup over 596 or cm7 gb and yes kept the 13p radio. Installed 602 then shuji. Dsx over that then Cm7 gb. Restored shuji backup and system says 602.

bleedgreen
08-27-2011, 11:12 AM
Ok!
Can I go to Shuji from DARKSLIDE?
What do I need to do?
Im dying to try Shuji.
Step by step

JSM9872
08-27-2011, 12:55 PM
I can confirm that you can restore a 602 backup over 596 or cm7 gb and yes kept the 13p radio. Installed 602 then shuji. Dsx over that then Cm7 gb. Restored shuji backup and system says 602.

Ok cool. That's good to know. I have seen it asked quite a few times but have only seen speculative answers thus far. Will be helpful to know until more roms get updated to 602.

Wulf
08-27-2011, 01:02 PM
Ok cool. That's good to know. I have seen it asked quite a few times but have only seen speculative answers thus far. Will be helpful to know until more roms get updated to 602.

It works nice, once your on 602 you can freely move between gb backups and still have new radio. I have backups of apex rc3, shuji,2.0, Dsx, and gb cm7. Just went back to Dsx backup.

Ginger Man has just entered into the darkside.....

as_daylight_dies
08-27-2011, 02:21 PM
Ok!
Can I go to Shuji from DARKSLIDE?
What do I need to do?
Im dying to try Shuji.
Step by step

SBF to froyo
Z4Root
Droid 2 bootstrap
install tbh all in one zip to 602
Boot
Wipe data/cache
Flash shuji

cw0974
08-27-2011, 04:06 PM
Is there a way to get the tbh 602 zip without the app? I want to download it on my computer, throw it on my sd card and flash it. I was thinking about sbf-ing and taking the ota to 602 and do the d3 root, but I'll rather do the tbh. Let me know guys. Thanks.

WillMiii
08-27-2011, 04:16 PM
Is there a way to get the tbh 602 zip without the app? I want to download it on my computer, throw it on my sd card and flash it. I was thinking about sbf-ing and taking the ota to 602 and do the d3 root, but I'll rather do the tbh. Let me know guys. Thanks.

Just on a note. I tried the d3 root method and it didn't work. I ended up having to sbf. I wasted more time trying to root it then it took me to completely sbf and install the pre-rooted 602.

spodoc
08-27-2011, 04:21 PM
It does if you do it correctly.

cw0974
08-27-2011, 04:42 PM
so is there a tbh 602 zip i can download? and what's the pre-rooted 602?

edit: o... i can just use the MDW 602... just found that. but is this the same as all the other 602?

macpro88
08-27-2011, 04:44 PM
so is there a tbh 602 zip i can download? and what's the pre-rooted 602?

http://www.droidxforums.com/forum/gingerbread-development-hacking/35634-gb-602-root-start-here-links-all.html

dx24
08-27-2011, 05:07 PM
I had this on my droid x but now i have the x2. Is this going to be available for the x2 also?

Sent from my DROID X2 using Droid X Forums

macpro88
08-27-2011, 05:22 PM
I had this on my droid x but now i have the x2. Is this going to be available for the x2 also?

The ROM? Probably not, since its a whole new system and I don't think the dev has the X2 to test on.

dx24
08-27-2011, 11:40 PM
The ROM? Probably not, since its a whole new system and I don't think the dev has the X2 to test on.

Ohh it was my favorite rom. Ill just have to find something else when the x2 gets custom roms

dbrock1980
08-28-2011, 12:14 AM
The real thing I need yo know is if it has a landscape dial pad and call screen like on normal.602 . I guess that's the blur dialer?

cw0974
08-28-2011, 12:39 AM
just got finished installing shuji 2.0 on 602. i didn't have any problems and got here from rubix. one thing is i have a htc-ish lockscreen, is there a way to change this?

macpro88
08-28-2011, 01:42 PM
just got finished installing shuji 2.0 on 602. i didn't have any problems and got here from rubix. one thing is i have a htc-ish lockscreen, is there a way to change this?

You can use the app form the Market called WidgetLocker, lets you use custom lockscreens if the ROM does not have the one you wish to have.

Divey1130
09-15-2011, 05:07 PM
I cannot find a download for the rom. Everywhere I try there is an error. Does anyone have a link for this rom. It's for the .596

Terry

macpro88
09-15-2011, 05:47 PM
I cannot find a download for the rom. Everywhere I try there is an error. Does anyone have a link for this rom. It's for the .596

Terry

Not sure if there is one now, since he now has this out for .602.

jaymatt
09-16-2011, 04:21 PM
Not sure if there is one now, since he now has this out for .602.

Would anyone be willing to share the ROM for .596 since the link no longer works?

Edit: Nevermind.

macpro88
09-16-2011, 04:27 PM
Would anyone be willing to share the ROM for .596 since the link no longer works?

why not move on up to the latest for .602?

Divey1130
09-16-2011, 04:32 PM

That's what I wanted to say. .596 has a really good battery life. O ended up with aosp liberty and liking it so far. But I do have to admit while ssx battery life was horrible the pure speed and performance make up for it. Anyways I need longer battery life for movies

Terry

macpro88
09-16-2011, 04:35 PM
That's what I wanted to say. .596 has a really good battery life. O ended up with aosp liberty and liking it so far. But I do have to admit while ssx battery life was horrible the pure speed and performance make up for it. Anyways I need longer battery life for movies

Terry

If you want battery life, go with .602 or anyother .602 ROM, I get about 2 days worth with stock .602 and that's with almost heavy, to heavy-moderate use.

Divey1130
09-16-2011, 04:40 PM
I guess its worth a try. I am very liking the aosp theme. Kinda like the iphone. So what do I need to do from where I am at. Sbfing is so easy now that I use the bootable CD.

Terry

Divey1130
09-16-2011, 04:41 PM
At 10 hrs and 37 min. So far with medium use. Loving that
With 40% left

psykotikz
09-17-2011, 12:41 AM
Can someone please help me get rid of my status bar clock. I been searching everywhere. Has anyone running this mod managed to get rid of it?

fc127
09-17-2011, 06:19 AM
Can someone please help me get rid of my status bar clock. I been searching everywhere. Has anyone running this mod managed to get rid of it?

The status bar mod is only for MIUI. I'm pretty sure there is no way to remove the clock on a .602 based rom without completely losing the status bar.

psykotikz
09-17-2011, 02:04 PM
The status bar mod is only for MIUI. I'm pretty sure there is no way to remove the clock on a .602 based rom without completely losing the status bar.

I've come across threads for .596 removal i can't see the bump to .602 being any different. then again last time i tried to apply a mod to shuji i had to sbf so i'm trying not to take any chances. I would just switch roms to a more customizable friendly one but the battery life on shuji is unreal.