PDA

View Full Version : DX update?

jeverts
08-07-2011, 07:20 AM
What is a Nexus 1 update?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

androidcore
08-07-2011, 07:41 AM
Its an update for the Nexus 1 phone. Its not for a DROID or DROID x if this is your thinking. Its only for the nexus 1.

jeverts
08-07-2011, 08:02 AM
Ok I guess it's normal to show up on my DX? It showed as updated in notifications.

androidcore
08-08-2011, 09:47 AM
How are you getting the update notifcation?????????? Rom manger or settings/system updates.?????? Or something else.... what rom are you currently running.????

jeverts
08-08-2011, 02:22 PM
I got in the drop down curtain area - stock GB

androidcore
08-08-2011, 10:51 PM
Im baffeled as to why you even got a Nexus update, if it is. Per ROM 101, anything not made for phone make/model will not work on your phone and can possibiliy brick it. DX Roms/updates only for Dx. NExus roms/updates only for Nexus. Evo roms/updates only for Evo, and so on and so on...

Personally, i would ignore it and get rid of it.. a TRUE genuine Droid X update from Verizon/Motorola will come to you via OTA in settings/System Updates. Also, you may get a email notification from them if you late on updating too. But a Droid X update NEVER shows up in the notificaiton menu "by itself"...

Also, you may want to check to see if you have any "nexus named" apps, like Nexus Live Wallpaper. It could be a update from ANdroid Market for your app.

Again, I dont know why you got going on in your phone or what you've downloaded or your usage patterns are... but what you describing is seriously.... impossible and unatural... and sounds phishing/buggy...

but good luck either way

jeverts
08-09-2011, 11:15 AM
Duh, it was a Nexus Gingerbread icon pack update