PDA

View Full Version : Looking for good Bluetooth headphones

yambag021
08-06-2011, 09:32 AM
Hello all,

Looking for a good set of bouetooth headphones for using at the gym.

I'm currently using these (http://reviews.cnet.com/headsets/motorola-ht820-headset/4505-13831_7-31637582.html) right now, and i'm looking for something maybe a little less bulky.

I PREFER to get something that can be found in a retail store so I can see them first hand, but I'm not opposed to ordering online.

Thanks for any help!

gbrinn
08-06-2011, 09:43 AM
For some reason the page you linked isn't pulling up for me.on my phone, so I can't tell what you've got but I like my Motorola SD-10 headset.

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums

yambag021
08-06-2011, 10:01 AM
im using these
Motorola HT820 - headset
weird bc the link works for me, but ill check out what you suggested. btw, MUSIC sound quality is my #1 factor. i NEVER use bluetooth for phone calls. I currently use poweramp for my mp3 player use. I LOOOVVEEEEE the eq built in.

gbrinn
08-06-2011, 10:05 AM
I'm out on a 1x network extender in N Colorado, so things can be a but slow at times surfing on my phone.

yambag021
08-06-2011, 11:51 AM
no worries. i may check out the ones you suggested. is there any difference between the sd-10 and the sd-9? im assuming the sd-10's are just the newer model?

gbrinn
08-06-2011, 04:05 PM
Yeah, just newer. I've heard some aficionados complain about sound quality on the 10 vs the 9, but it works for me and phone calls can be heard through both ear pieces, unlike the earlier models.

yambag021
08-06-2011, 11:24 PM
hmm.

if that's the case i may check out the 9's. i have zero interest in call quality or anything related to anything but music enjoyment.

gbrinn
08-06-2011, 11:40 PM
I can hear my music fine, if it makes a difference. I mean, we're talking MP3s, not hi-def music recordings.

crunkfrunk
08-06-2011, 11:48 PM
I have the Motorokr S305, they are good quality, light, and cheap.

The rechargeable battery will last me a few days at the gym and the audio quality is great for phone calls, I haven't had any complaints from anyone I was talking to using the headphones as a bluetooth headset

yambag021
08-07-2011, 12:09 AM
I can hear my music fine, if it makes a difference. I mean, we're talking MP3s, not hi-def music recordings.

oh i agree. but if they are the same, with the main attraction of the 10s being better call quality and the 9's are cheaper, it's a slam dunk for me..... or shall i say convincing the wife to agree to this purchase :starstruck:

gbrinn
08-07-2011, 09:58 AM
Don't know if it's necessarily call quality. I had just read some people complain that calls only played on the left speaker with the older versions.

Amazon had both new and old fairly cheap.

yambag021
08-08-2011, 12:56 AM
i found these locally at best buy for 90, walmart for 70.

i DID see a pair of "jaybird" bluetooth stereo headphones for 100.
they are called "freedom"
http://www.jaybirdgear.com/jf3/bluetooth-headphones-features.html (http://jaybirdgear.com/jf3/bluetooth-headphones-features.html)
i've heard good things about their brand.

gbrinn
08-08-2011, 10:31 AM
Slow 1x connection...

Honestly, I think it's just a matter of choice and price.

thedesireforfire
09-14-2011, 03:40 AM
I picked up the sd-10's after losing my sd-9's and I'd say go for the 9's.
They were definately more comfortable and the 10's just dont go loud enough. And on top of that, for some reason about half of the songs in my library play at a severely lower volume too. (any advice on how to fix this problem?)I think its the sd-10's, but it could be something in the bluetooth too, but pandora works just fine. Sound is fine out of wired headphones, so...I'm also in the market for better bt phones.

Those jaybirds seemed alright but I've been looking for some quality bluetooth phones with a wide frequency response and an ability to pump out high volume and heavy bass (and be comfortable enough to wear all day).

Tall order, I know, but any help out there would be appreciated because my my web searches haven't yielded much..

iresq
09-14-2011, 09:32 AM
And on top of that, for some reason about half of the songs in my library play at a severely lower volume too. (any advice on how to fix this problem?)

For a desktop solution, run your songs through mp3 gain. It's free and does not alter the song, just the tag.

Sent from my Droid X

thedesireforfire
09-15-2011, 04:49 PM
Thanks

ryant35
09-16-2011, 11:49 PM
I love my Jabra Clipper
http://www.jabra.com/sites/mobile/na-us/products/pages/jabraclipper.aspx

I know it's not completely wireless, but you can use your own headphones or earbuds. I clip it to my shirt and tuck the cord inside to keep it out of the way.

yambag021
09-18-2011, 08:57 AM
I decided to stick with wired. On a day trip to Pa, me and my wife went to the bose store out of boredom. They had display versions of their in ear headphones. They were the best sounding set ever. Also, with the silicone ear thing, it "locks" in your ear so it won't fall out (in ears always fell out for me). They were $100 each but frankly they sounded so good and were so comfortable I was more then happy to make the sacrifice of bluetooth. They are the ie2's I believe.

InsomNiaC
11-08-2011, 12:04 AM
I love my Jabra Clipper
Jabra (http://www.jabra.com/sites/mobile/na-us/products/pages/jabraclipper.aspx)

I know it's not completely wireless, but you can use your own headphones or earbuds. I clip it to my shirt and tuck the cord inside to keep it out of the way.

anyone got a good review of these? is the call quality any good?

ryant35
11-08-2011, 01:11 AM
anyone got a good review of these? is the call quality any good?

It's great. I wish the range had another 5' on it so I can reach the copy machine at my office with my phone still on my desk.