PDA

View Full Version : ZombieStomped Rom Question?

justifi
08-03-2011, 09:35 PM
If I want to switch back from Zombiestomped back to .596 or some other kind of GB rom, will I have to SBF since zombie downgrades to .595 or can I flash back with recovery?

I'm so sick of SBFing! I'm going to stick to G.B. roms for a while. I have still only been successfully on the Apex. I seem to miss a step and then I'm stuck on a bootlogo.

Question? When loading a rom the steps are; 1) Wipe Data factory Reset 2) Clear Cache 3) Wipe Davlek 4) Install Rom from SD Card. 5) Reboot system

After installing a rom like I did with darkslide after step four clockwork goes to update from zip. Do I just ignore that or what am I supposed to do?

BHuber09
08-03-2011, 09:59 PM
You should be able to flash it from where you are I believe the kernels are the same. If not you'll have to SBF (really id try it because if it works horay if it doesnt you must SBF (which is what you'd have to do from the beginning))

But those steps are correct except your problem could be trying to flash from GB to Froyo or vice versa and since the kernel is changed it will result in soft brick.
If you want to go to GB you must install 2 part zip from Froyo. If you want to go to Froyo you must SBF back.
And can you be a little more specific on your last question I don't fully understand it.

FreeMyMoto!!!

Nemo aeternamn
08-03-2011, 10:03 PM
alright... so first... well... to answer your first question... i think you would have to sbf... i tried to go from zs to darkslide... unless i messed something up... which i don't think i did... i was stuck in a bootloop... and was at work... so my phone was dead for about... four of five hours:disappointed:...
and as far as the steps... the dalvek cache is unnecessary sometimes but a good idea anyways... and for the rest of the steps... double check with the instructions from the op where the rom was from..
and for the third... after it installed successfully... it went to that screen?? i'd just hit the power button go back to the main screen and reboot... ignoring the fact it jumped screens instead of just backing up....

justifi
08-03-2011, 10:25 PM
alright... so first... well... to answer your first question... i think you would have to sbf... i tried to go from zs to darkslide... unless i messed something up... which i don't think i did... i was stuck in a bootloop... and was at work... so my phone was dead for about... four of five hours:disappointed:...
and as far as the steps... the dalvek cache is unnecessary sometimes but a good idea anyways... and for the rest of the steps... double check with the instructions from the op where the rom was from..
and for the third... after it installed successfully... it went to that screen?? i'd just hit the power button go back to the main screen and reboot... ignoring the fact it jumped screens instead of just backing up....

The work scenario was exactly what I didn't want to do again! Fortunately, I am an independent contractor. On the other side if I have to give up time from work, I'm not making any money. I can't believe that I'm putting all this time into a phone! I think know there is something seriously wrong with me and I'm beginning to suspect the rest of you as well! :wink:
Any thing that might require and SBF has to wait for Sunday!

If I want to easily be able to bounce from two G.B. roms with a minimum chance of having to SBF, which ones would they be?

Nemo aeternamn
08-03-2011, 10:27 PM
Any if the 596 roms.... You should be able to flash back and forth with no problem

We have nothing to fear but running out of beer

justifi
08-04-2011, 08:26 PM
Any if the 596 roms.... You should be able to flash back and forth with no problem

We have nothing to fear but running out of beer

Someone just said that in another forum and it sounded right at first. The problem is that Zombiestomped isn't on .596. It's on .595. Unless I can flash .596 on top of .595 without an SBF?

BHuber09
08-04-2011, 08:36 PM
If you have team black hat app you can flash the all in one zip
But if not you have to be on Froyo to get on rooted gb

FreeMyMoto!!!

nemosfate
08-04-2011, 09:40 PM
Ignore this post
Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums

justifi
08-04-2011, 09:45 PM
If you have team black hat app you can flash the all in one zip
But if not you have to be on Froyo to get on rooted gb

FreeMyMoto!!!

Have you tried the all in one? I could have sworn that some people have had problems with it.

justifi
08-04-2011, 09:46 PM
Ignore this post

Which post are you referring too?

nemosfate
08-04-2011, 09:48 PM
My post, I posted something and was wrong so I quickly edited it since cant delete posts

BHuber09
08-04-2011, 09:53 PM
I had it work for me, but i know its a veryyyyyy common problem.
I have an idea though. Post a screen shot of your kernel version.

fezrock
08-04-2011, 10:14 PM
My post, I posted something and was wrong so I quickly edited it since cant delete posts

Been there on a couple different roms. Annoying as it gets.

OP- you can flash .596 over .595 stuff. Do wipes first, of course. You don't need the all in 1 or the 2 part. Just the gb.596 zip will do you good. The two are almost the same, no worries. No sbf needed. But if you already did, then 2 part it, for sure.

BHuber09
08-04-2011, 10:17 PM
I AM SO DUMBBBBB!!!!!!!
Why in the world did i not think of that!!!!
Gezz i even looked at it like 100 times the other day!!
Yes just download the gb.596.zip
it takes you from the leaked versions to the full version.
Thank you Fezrock

justifi
08-04-2011, 10:21 PM
I had it work for me, but i know its a veryyyyyy common problem.
I have an idea though. Post a screen shot of your kernel version.

justifi
08-04-2011, 10:25 PM
Been there on a couple different roms. Annoying as it gets.

OP- you can flash .596 over .595 stuff. Do wipes first, of course. You don't need the all in 1 or the 2 part. Just the gb.596 zip will do you good. The two are almost the same, no worries. No sbf needed. But if you already did, then 2 part it, for sure.

I have the 2 part zip on my SD card. I don't have a single .596 file. Where would I get that?

fezrock
08-04-2011, 10:30 PM
I have the 2 part zip on my SD card. I don't have a single .596 file. Where would I get that?

Gotta check before I say for certain, but I believe the 2nd part is all you need, since you're .595 now.

NO! I'm wrong on that. There is a .596 zip @162MB that is the one you want. Found mine in TBH app folder. But should be available on mydroidworld.

BHuber09
08-04-2011, 10:36 PM
I would have to agree, i remember hearing that somewhere. Dont hold me to it though
But i do have one question. According to the screen shot you are no ApeX.596 so are you still trying to get to GingerBread?

justifi
08-04-2011, 10:40 PM
Gotta check before I say for certain, but I believe the 2nd part is all you need, since you're .595 now.

I wait here with baited breath. I would be thrilled! SBFing is a drag on my macbook air. I can do it but more often times than not it's an ordeal.

I don't know what I'm going to do with out you guys, when this forum slows down because everyone switched over to the droid bionic or Samsungs gallaxy 2.

justifi
08-04-2011, 10:49 PM
I would have to agree, i remember hearing that somewhere. Dont hold me to it though
But i do have one question. According to the screen shot you are no ApeX.596 so are you still trying to get to GingerBread?

Yes and no. I didn't have to return to GB to flash from liberty to Apex. Little Red Riding is trying to figure out if there is clear breadcrumb laden path from zombiestomped's .595 back to .596 without a side trip to SBF.

BHuber09
08-04-2011, 10:52 PM
I wait here with baited breath. I would be thrilled! SBFing is a drag on my macbook air. I can do it but more often times than not it's an ordeal.

I don't know what I'm going to do with out you guys, when this forum slows down because everyone switched over to the droid bionic or Samsungs gallaxy 2.

That sounded like a song i was like whattttttt is he doing.

But Fez. I thought that the 2nd part was the part that updated the kernel which is the only thing changed in 596. Oh well im having a seriously off day today, thanks for stepping in and putting Justifi on the right parth.

justifi
08-04-2011, 10:54 PM

NO! I'm wrong on that. There is a .596 zip @162MB that is the one you want. Found mine in TBH app folder. But should be available on mydroidworld.

Is that the same thing as the all in one, that you had mentioned earlier? If that one works so well, why does everyone use the 2 part zip? Isn't the 2 part zip the most stable way top .596?

BHuber09
08-04-2011, 11:01 PM
The 2 part zip get you from froyo to GB
The part that Fez is talking about takes you from 588 593? 595 (any leaked GB) to current stock 596.
Unless Im incorrect yet again in that case i will just stop for the night.

justifi
08-04-2011, 11:02 PM
That sounded like a song i was like whattttttt is he doing.

But Fez. I thought that the 2nd part was the part that updated the kernel which is the only thing changed in 596. Oh well im having a seriously off day today, thanks for stepping in and putting Justifi on the right parth.

LOL, I am a she. Though I could have been a tech queen or a princess based on how new I am to all of this.

Despite Fez's best efforts, you will both be shocked and amazed at how much trouble I can get myself into!

BHuber09
08-05-2011, 08:35 AM
Wowwwww that's quite embarrassing haha
Well m am sorry haha I just always seem to put he for some reason.

And trust me we've all gotten into trouble with our phones but there's always help to get you out of it. So don't br worried about it.

FreeMyMoto!!!

justifi
08-05-2011, 02:48 PM
Wowwwww that's quite embarrassing haha
Well m am sorry haha I just always seem to put he for some reason.

And trust me we've all gotten into trouble with our phones but there's always help to get you out of it. So don't br worried about it.

FreeMyMoto!!!

LOL. Not to worry. For all you know , you could be speaking to a gargoyle on any given day! That's the beauty of the internet, we are not judged by our exterior.

BHuber09
08-05-2011, 02:54 PM
I find that quite good also hah

FreeMyMoto!!!