PDA

View Full Version : How is liquid coming along?

griz.droidx
08-03-2011, 08:40 PM
I've never tried liquid, but have been on CM7 since the first release through nightly 20, went back to 596 for a while for comparison purposes(Lib .9 and DSX).

I've read people are having probs with data connections using both wifi and 3g on 2.5. But overall I've read good things about liquid in the past. Akeezy really liked it and I trust his judgement. How are you guys liking liquid compared to the other CM7 Based roms?

Is it any faster? More customizations(I've been reading the changelog and feature list)? Battery life compared to the others.

Also what nightly is it based on if any?

Thanks in advance
griz

LiveToPonder
08-03-2011, 08:43 PM
I've never tried liquid, but have been on CM7 since the first release through nightly 20, went back to 596 for a while for comparison purposes(Lib .9 and DSX).

I've read people are having probs with data connections using both wifi and 3g on 2.5. But overall I've read good things about liquid in the past. Akeezy really liked it and I trust his judgement. How are you guys liking liquid compared to the other CM7 Based roms?

Is it any faster? More customizations(I've been reading the changelog and feature list)? Battery life compared to the others.

Also what nightly is it based on if any?

Thanks in advance
griz

you will want to wait for others, as liquid 2.4 is the first second init ive flashed...but i am very happy to say the least. too soon to judge batt with but a few cycles, but if i find it smoother on stock clock/no supercharge than dslide x was with OC/v6 that must say something. i asked questions for weeks on which way to go, everyone said liquid and i got no complaints man...

silver04v
08-03-2011, 09:15 PM
Its my first cm7 based rom but I love it. I'm on 2.4.

Dripping awesome out of my liquid Dx. Just flying along.

griz.droidx
08-03-2011, 09:37 PM
After applying the zip from Razorloves, does everything work Camera, video, torch, etc? Wifi, 3g?

Thanks guys for replying so soon, I may give it a shot tonight.. Got my battery waiting at 100% til I decide what to try next. I like the miui apps, not sure if I'd like miui itself or not though. People are raving about it. Many have raved about ssx too, but that release is a bit old. And I'm afraid to try Justice based on what I've read so far. Might be a bit early for Justice, but I'm sure that after rummy gets the kinks worked out, that will be a saaweet rom. I've really liked his work in the past. I'd like to see what fab has coming next, I haven't heard anything from him in a while.

LiveToPonder
08-03-2011, 09:52 PM
After applying the zip from Razorloves, does everything work Camera, video, torch, etc? Wifi, 3g?

Thanks guys for replying so soon, I may give it a shot tonight.. Got my battery waiting at 100% til I decide what to try next. I like the miui apps, not sure if I'd like miui itself or not though. People are raving about it. Many have raved about ssx too, but that release is a bit old. And I'm afraid to try Justice based on what I've read so far. Might be a bit early for Justice, but I'm sure that after rummy gets the kinks worked out, that will be a saaweet rom. I've really liked his work in the past. I'd like to see what fab has coming next, I haven't heard anything from him in a while.

I could be wrong, but I don't think ya need razorlove here man, the cam button don't work yet, but tapping the screen to take pick def does, so does cam

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums

silver04v
08-03-2011, 10:11 PM
You only need to flash the zip to get the camcorder to run more than 3 seconds. Other than that its 100% complete as far as Ive found and ive been on it for over a week or 2. Custom stuff is great, and good moderate usage Im seeing about 14 hours battery on average. So just flash the zip after you get liquid up and running and everything works.

LiveToPonder
08-03-2011, 10:26 PM
You only need to flash the zip to get the camcorder to run more than 3 seconds. Other than that its 100% complete as far as Ive found and ive been on it for over a week or 2. Custom stuff is great, and good moderate usage Im seeing about 14 hours battery on average. So just flash the zip after you get liquid up and running and everything works.

which one ya flash? original, or cm7 25-32 or 33 and up?

sgthwjack
08-03-2011, 10:33 PM
I am certainly no "flasher" LOL but I tried MIUI and it just didn't feel "right" to me. No issues, just me, so I tried Liquid 2.5 and had all the issues with wifi/3g so restored my nandroid of 2.4 and plan to stick with that for now anyway. Zero problems and seems quick and stable to me. Of course I am relatively new to all this and my goal is function rather than living on the "bleeding edge." Just my opinion for what it is worth. One thing is for sure, no matter which way you decide to go, this forum is overflowing with good people who will help sort out any problems you may encounter.

silver04v
08-03-2011, 11:04 PM
which one ya flash? original, or cm7 25-32 or 33 and up?

Sorry, I used the 33+ zip fix.

griz.droidx
08-04-2011, 02:05 AM
Thanks for the replies people, What I would recommend is looking at the changelog to see which nightly of CM, the versions of liquid are based on. Then choose the appropriate zip. But I think for 2.4 and up, you do use the 33 and up zip.

griz.droidx
08-04-2011, 02:07 AM
One other thing I can't figure out is why, the zip is so much smaller than most other CM7 based roms. Makes me wonder what they're leaving out... Gonna go get my basic's setup, I have 2.4 up and running now. Tried miui for about 10 min.

griz.droidx
08-04-2011, 02:15 AM
sgthwjack (http://www.droidxforums.com/forum/members/36898.html) I second that about the good people on the forum.. I have borked my phone more times than I can count and people were nice enough to help me til I got it fixed. Razor even posted about the manual activation.. Which for me was a huge deal, otherwise, it's a 45min one way trip to dial *228 near a verizon tower. I have signal here, but on a local providers towers.