PDA

View Full Version : SetCPU + pre-root'd GB 2.2.3?

Se7endust1
08-03-2011, 03:31 PM
I've got SetCPU up and running...but am wondering if it's causing my battery life to sink. The scaling box doesn't have a drop down menu/anything to pick from...I was looking for "onDemand". Must mean this factory kernal doesn't support such things eh? When I go to "Time in State" in the info box, it might be working? 216 mhz is at 33.7%, 1000 mhz is at 38% with random percentages across the board in between. I have it dropped to 216 mhz when screen is off. Makes me wonder if it's actually working or not...I'm an ex-X owner, went to a Thunderbolt w/ a rom built for battery life w/ extended battery (12+ hours of HEAVY use), and now back at the X2. Perhaps my perception of a long lasting battery is skewed :big smile: I've got 10 hours on w/ 23% battery left with what I consider minimal use. All bloat is gone, screen brightness at minimum. Perhaps I just need to wait for a new rom/kernal to come out to take advantage of SetCPU? Any input is appreciated. Thanks fellas.

cory46
08-03-2011, 03:56 PM
Is setcpu updated to support tegra devices?

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums

Se7endust1
08-03-2011, 06:37 PM
Well after searching around, it seems the dual core plays and issue. I took it off and put in an extended battery so we'll see how it goes!

juhde
08-03-2011, 09:51 PM
With having to use a stock kernel only one governor is available, it's called tegra and it won't show up in setpu.

It is very possible setcpu is causing your battery drain, your previously mention action should remedy it. If it doesn't I'd try a full wipe and reinstall, and keep away from using titanium back up to restore anything.

I know it's a pain but often it will restore "froyo data" which in turn causes problems like battery drain and other stuff.

Incidently my battery life is slightly better since installing gingerbread.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Droid X Forums