PDA

View Full Version : More detailed explanation about Blur Camera on CM7

Nath5
08-03-2011, 10:41 AM
Hey everyone,

I know this has been discussed in many forums in many different ways but I still have not seen an answer which really explains things. CM7 is asop I understand that and how there is no blur framework at all. My question is why it is not possible to take the blur camera figure out what libraries it requires and add those files back to CM7 so that that single app can run. From what I have read on several forums the Blur camera only relies on a few libraries so I do not understand why it has been said that it is impossible to package it so that it might run under CM7. Please forgive me if I am asking a dumb question I would just like a more technical answer than I have found elsewhere.

Thanks

zoe
08-03-2011, 10:59 AM
it's not that it isn't possible, but doing that is considered more of a hack. the preferred alternative is to build those required libraries from source/scratch, and cvpcs recently posted on his blog that that is what is trying to do, albeit rather slowly...

he'd rather not hack together a quick fix using the proprietary motorola files, though he did mention he wasn't 100% against it if i remember correctly

Nath5
08-03-2011, 01:56 PM
I thought he was trying to build the libraries required to get the asop camera to work. This may be the same for the blur camera but it would seem that the blur camera would require blur libraries. I understand it would be a hack and as such not something that would be incorporated into CM at least until there is no other option. However it is a hack I and I am sure many, others would not mind having. Does anyone know of anyone working towards this goal.

cory46
08-03-2011, 02:04 PM
well to answer the last part of your question, if anyone is working on it specifically the blur part, Im going to go with no. Reason behind this. Most of the developers that work on cyanogen are opensource devs. Meaning they aren't exactly fond of blur or any other skins placed upon Android so they don't exactly want to use those libs and files unless they absolutely have to use them to make something work like you said above. so really the only people who would be trying to make it (blur camera) work would be the end user who wants to tinker or knows a few things

zoe
08-03-2011, 05:20 PM
I thought he was trying to build the libraries required to get the asop camera to work. This may be the same for the blur camera but it would seem that the blur camera would require blur libraries. I understand it would be a hack...

yeah sorry about the misunderstanding, there've been so many ppl posting about camera issues with cm7 that i didn't read your post fully... he is working on aosp camera, unlikely he'd consider the blur camera at all...

Nath5
08-04-2011, 03:13 PM
That's what I figured. I wish someone with a lot more android knowledge than me would try to get the blur camera / camcorder working as they really do a great job with photos.