PDA

View Full Version : About to make the jump to CM7

josuemldnd23
08-03-2011, 01:53 AM
Someone might have asked this already but do you really have to SBF back to stock? I've seen the all in one zip to flash but I'm a bit skeptical. Has anyone used this method n was successful? I'm running on leaked GB with Alpha 1 theme.

dj923
08-03-2011, 02:30 AM
No u dont there's a prep file. If i wasn't on my phone I would link u. But google cm7 for droid x root wiki. It should be the first link use the monster zip from p3. Than after flashing download and install the current nightly

sent from my MIUI DROIDX

griz.droidx
08-03-2011, 09:03 AM
You can use the all in one zip to take you to the first release. From there you can flash the latest nightly or the nightly of your choice. If you use the all in one, you will probably get a radio error. I think it says error 7 something or other. If so reboot. When your phone has rebooted, hold power down and select recovery to reboot back into clockwork. Re-install the all in one. This time you shouldn't get the radio error. Then reboot, and install your nightly. You can probably install the nightly after the first reboot. But it can't hurt to re-install the monster all in one again. This is how I was told to do it, and it worked coming from 596. Each nightly is a complete build. Don't forget to have a full battery when you do this, and re-calibrate at least once.

josuemldnd23
08-03-2011, 11:20 AM
Thanks a lot for the info you guys are awesome :excited:, now i have flashed before but I'm somewhat of a noob, however, I really don't want to mess up my phone. I keep hearing about this new 2nd-init? Do I have to flash this form ROManager before or after I flash CM7?

dj923
08-03-2011, 11:28 AM
It doesn't really matter when u flash as long as u do before u start flashing nightlies. Anyway u get it from rom manger when u flash a recovery there will be droid x or droid x 2int choose the 2int

sent from my MIUI DROIDX

josuemldnd23
08-03-2011, 11:58 AM
great!! thank a lot man!! :) I have to flash friday n when i do ill let u guys know how i did hopefully i dont screw up lol

josuemldnd23
08-07-2011, 11:59 PM
Hey guys so I flashed everything without any problems.. Now I haven't flashed 2nd-init cmw yet n I flashed the nightly over fine.. Do I have to flash the 2nd-init cmw?