PDA

View Full Version : Another giveaway from DroidXForums.com!

smalltowngirl13
08-02-2011, 06:37 PM
http://www.droidxforums.com/img/droidx-giveaway-aug.png (http://www.amazon.com/Motorola-DROID-Droid-Retail-Packaging/dp/B0042I3J1I/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1312241741&sr=8-1)

We have enjoyed the last couple giveaways and want to keep the fun going...so we are going to have another giveaway where everyone can participate and the winner will be selected randomly on August 8th!

What do you have to do to participate this time, you ask? It is simple, you have to tell us one reason why you chose the Droid X for your phone...the screen, the camera, no keyboard, this great community :big smile:...If you cannot pick just one reason, please post several reasons but you can only post once in the thread and again, the winning member will be chosen randomly!

Now, I know you are wondering what the prize is this time...it is the Droid X HD Multimedia Dock. It allows you to dock and charge your phone while listening to music or viewing photos that you have captured on your phone! If you are not familiar with the dock, it can be seen here... Motorola HD Dock for DROIDX and DROIDX 2 (http://www.amazon.com/Motorola-DROID-Droid-Retail-Packaging/dp/B0042I3J1I/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1312241741&sr=8-1)

So without further delay - let's see those posts!!

wicked
08-02-2011, 06:41 PM
That dock is pretty cool! Let the posting begin! :crazy:

1KDS
08-02-2011, 06:46 PM
The dock is cool, plus it has HDMI built in! Everyone post up your reason for choosing the DX!

ajs8403
08-02-2011, 06:46 PM
I Chose to purchase the Droid X because in my opinion its the best out there... at least it was until the 4G phone were released but even still I LOVE my DX and wouldnt want any other phone... up until recently I enjoyed everything the Stock OS had to offer, I knew that i had a heavy duty piece of technology but wasnt fully aware what it was capable of. Now that I have joined this forum and learned SO much about pushing new software and what ROMS are.. Moding with themes and basically, that the possibilities are endless I couldnt be happier owning a Droid X :big smile:

Leach19m
08-02-2011, 06:47 PM
I chose the Droid X cause it was the latest and greatest on vzw, which I was switching to from an iPhone 3G in AT&T.

Loving me some MIUI

TideFan22
08-02-2011, 06:47 PM
I chose mine for the screen size and no keyboard, plus i like motos phone, tough, durable, built well

Giving MIUI a run

hillmom
08-02-2011, 06:50 PM
I wanted a gps, digital book reader, and a full keyboard. The Droid X had everything I wanted at the time. It wasn't long after getting this awesome phone, I started to realized what a gem I had. Tons of research, the awesome support of this group, and fantastic developers have made me even more thrilled with the decision.

Sent from MIUI DROID X!

playstupid
08-02-2011, 06:57 PM
I chose my droid x and my new droid x 2 because of the tethering and screen size. Love my Droids!

Sent from my DROID X2 using Droid X Forums

coldcaption
08-02-2011, 07:51 PM
Well first it was going to be a Droid Incredible. My birthday was coming up and I was hoping I'd get a nice phone, and it seemed to be the best one Verizon had in their lineup. However, there were whispers that Motorola was bringing Verizon one of those gigantic phones, and after having seen a friend's Evo, it sounded like a good idea to me. So they came out with the Droid X, I read over the reviews and specs and found it to be quite comparable to the Incredible, save for the screen size. So on my birthday, I got a case and a few screen protectors and a receipt for a Droid X that'd been put on order, due to high demand. It came in the mail, got activated, and now it runs MIUI. Good story!

nemosfate
08-02-2011, 07:54 PM
Screen size! And now can add root and this forum to the mix.

root, roms and themes oh my!

alershka
08-02-2011, 08:08 PM
In 2008, I bought my first smartphone, a used Treo 700p. Needless to say, it was the focal point of lots of abuse so I really needed an upgrade. In July 2009, I used my New Every Two Upgrade to get a Blackberry Storm. That phone was a real POS. I suffered for a year and then got an annual upgrade for the DX.

I knew I wanted to get an Android phone and at the time there were only three "real" options on VZW: the OG droid, the Incredible and the DX. For me, the deciding factors were screen size and battery life. I really didn't understand the impact of the encrypted and locked bootloader at the time or I might have went Incredible. Having said that, the DX has aged pretty well and it does everything I want it to. However, unfortunately, because of Motorola's anti development stance (talk means nothing, actions say everything) I won't be going Moto next time. Until then, the DX is mine. I love it and hate it at the same time.

Cowboy24
08-02-2011, 08:22 PM
This forum is the reason I bought the DroidX and because it was the best phone when I bought it.

Sent from Cowboy's X using blue DroidX forums

Nhugh406
08-02-2011, 08:32 PM
I had purchased the OG did when it first came out and immediately fell in love with the android OS, and it's only gotten better. I've also had 2 incredibles, 2 fascinates, and 2 droid x's. I switch phones often, but after having my first x and then going to my second fascinate, I knew what I had been missing. The phone is awesome, period. I live how new stuff heros coming out, yet I've not used an upgrade or switched phones in over 3 months (that's huge for me)! I think the thing I like most any my x is that there are soooo many awesome devs putting out amazing stuff for us!

Apex, liberty, cm7, miui, ssx, liquid, darkslide, zombiestomped, hateraid, broodcomb, and stock have all ballad this phone home at some point, and still running amazingly!

thanks to all the great devs and third community got making this phone that much better !!!

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Mirage887
08-02-2011, 08:34 PM
Got my droidx because at the time it had the most features and in my opinion the best look. I still think that to this day! I love my x

scott021467
08-02-2011, 08:38 PM
I decided on the Droid X because to me it represents the ultimate in tech. Being a person working in the security tech community it was simply the best tool for the job, hands down.

Sent from my DROIDXX using Droid X Forums

ToeJamm57
08-02-2011, 08:39 PM
Big screen that I can read without my glasses plus the non-conformist in my liked that it wasn't an iPhone. http://www.droidxforums.com/forum/images/smilies2/big%20smile.png

Nemo aeternamn
08-02-2011, 08:40 PM
I got mine from research.... I looked at a few phones and decided this one its the one I wanted.... Loved the stats... And before this I had only had a basic lg phones.... But I had a decent general knowledge if computers and loved what this phone had to offer plus a sixteen gig sd card installed already.... Took me a few months to get to where I could get it along with the unlimited plan because I was moving around the state... But got this amazing computer and a customer I was helping rooted my phone a month or two later... And I stumbled into this knowledge :)
We have nothing to fear but running out of beer

jlwhite4
08-02-2011, 08:47 PM
I chose the Droid X because: top-of-the-line hardware + Android OS = pure mobile productivity awesomeness!

01greycobra
08-02-2011, 08:49 PM
Well this is sort of embarrassing, but when my upgrade was due last august, I really wanted an I phone but verizon didn't have it yet so I went with the droid x due to the no keyboard and it was the most similar to the I phone. I had no idea about roms, themes, etc. I'm so glad I went with the x because the customization is unbelievable. I laugh at I phones now. My sister got it and I ridicule her for it all the time. The droid x has been the greatest phone I've ever had!

gbrinn
08-02-2011, 08:51 PM
Big screen that I can read without my glasses plus the non-conformist in my liked that it wasn't an iPhone. :big smile:
Ditto. Minus the glasses part (since even at 39, I still have 20/20). Add to that, thanks to Amazon, I got mine for free last November.

BHuber09
08-02-2011, 08:57 PM
Massive screen size and the ability to download billions of apps to waste all my time in the world.

FreeMyMoto!!!

iDr0id
08-02-2011, 09:28 PM
I got the phone because it was the best thing out at the time. I love everything about it. The phone is solid, oh yeah, and its Android!

SLCMotor
08-02-2011, 09:29 PM
I went to the Droid X because of Bignadad. He does some awesome work and I was following him, he had great things to say about the device and convinced me to making the change. I have only been impressed with this device.

shawn
08-02-2011, 09:49 PM
I went with the droidx for my first smart phone cause it felt good in my hand and I liked the screen quality

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums

iconaw1
08-02-2011, 09:58 PM
Screen size

silver04v
08-02-2011, 10:03 PM
I got my x for the screen and awesome android base. First Droid and loving it. Will never look back.

Dripping awesome out of my liquid Dx. Just flying along.

may0799
08-02-2011, 10:05 PM
Got mine for the screen size. Goes good with my fat fingers. Oh and I had a two year old Omnia that was driving me crazy!

Sent from my Droid X using Droid X Forums

elidog
08-02-2011, 10:06 PM
I had an iphone and was having a miserable experience with it. When I finally reached my limit I went to a verizon store and after looking at pretty much all the droid phones I chose the Droid X for its camera, screen size and for the idea in mind I would be able to root it and make it my own. For me ultimately it was and is the fact that I could; and have customized it to my standards. I didnt want a fresh baked cookie cut by someone else. I love this phone.

timmyk465
08-02-2011, 10:16 PM
I picked the Droid X because it had the biggest screen and HDMI capabilities at the time... TMNT Turtles in Time for the snes on the flat screen? Droid X does... well at least a month later when gman came up with Real HDMI!

with all the development and support on this forum, I still think it's the best non-4g phone on verizon... even compared to my DX2....

jpsil
08-02-2011, 10:18 PM
I chose my DX because I love motorola radios and the huge screen was awesome after losing my ipod touch

Ghost327
08-02-2011, 10:30 PM
I knew I wanted to switch over to andoid and when I got a chance to play around with a friends incredible I was impressed.... It ultimately boiled down to all of the capabilities of the DX that made my decision easy.... The screen is awesome... The hdmi is a huge bonus.... The plethora of support and custom software.... It's still one of the most amazing pieces of hardware available in my opinion and I'd be hard pressed to give it up for anything else.

Sent from somewhere deep in the northwoods

Droidinite
08-02-2011, 10:39 PM
Initial reason I chose the droid x was the screen. Its my first smart phone and I'm still loving it

calexsjr
08-02-2011, 10:55 PM
i chose the droid x because of its magnificent screen great picture taken quality and to top it off it plays HD videos and its sleek metal body

fezrock
08-02-2011, 11:01 PM
HDMI? I forgot what that is;)

Nice prize peeps!

Honestly, when I was forced to switch to vzw, I knew I was gonna get something like this. DX was a special order. So I said d2. While waiting, I said, oh heck no! I can wait. And here I am. 0 regrets fosho!

Shame I can't win.

Play the game- http://www.DroidXForums.com/forum/droid-x-games/31726-roll-call-game-everyone-wants-play.html

lhkjohn
08-02-2011, 11:06 PM
Screen size and dual-core processors... nuff said!

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

motorsports601
08-02-2011, 11:56 PM
I wanted a droidx to stream netflix on my tv and the big screen i was feining cuz i had lots of downtime at work and i wanted to enjoy youtube and netflix.. and wanted the bigger screen to web browse.. sooo the big screen and hdmi out sold me ... now if i can get a laptop dock like the atrix hmmmm

Killjoy
08-03-2011, 12:14 AM
I bought the DroidX because I was TIRED of BlackBerry and because I wanted an Android phone that was badass. I passed up 4G for it and I don't regret it one bit.

smkmeup
08-03-2011, 12:17 AM
Well I definitely cannot pick one reason why I choose the DX but I can give you the guidelines on how I came to my decision! Well I definitely knew I wanted an original moto Droid product and not a device with an android operating system so that narrowed my field for me. I then wanted a touch screen but like the slide out keyboard on the D2 was a cool option. Processing power and internal storage was a definite must for me and at the time one of those two were the odvious choice. After browsing around the DX came with a 16gb card so that was a big plus but I really liked the slide out keyboard on the D2 and was really appealing but what sealed the deal for me and why I choose the DX was the HD capability with the 8.0 megapixal camera and that did it for me! So never the less I choose the DX and never looked back!!! Now that I have I have found a great helpful and entertaining community revolving around it it just made things that much better!Sent from my DX running CM7

ryant35
08-03-2011, 12:18 AM
I was sold on the D1 when one of my clients came in with it. Then the DX came out and it was all over. I never had a smart phone without a keyboard before but the camera, screen size, and how thin the phone was sold me on the DX. Once I convinced big red to move up my upgrade date I called every Costco in the area until I just happened to find one at my local Wal-Mart. But it was after the cell phone department closed! So I had to get there at 7:30 the next morning when they opened and it's been a great romance story every since.

tycoon177
08-03-2011, 01:52 AM
I got my x because I liked the look of blur, the screen size and being about the best phone at the time (still is in the top 5 if you ask me) Now I've kept with liking the screen size but the blur has been replaced with miui.

pianoman674
08-03-2011, 02:08 AM
My decision was based on a lot of things:

-No Keyboard, because I hate QWERTY keyboards... I'm so much better with T9!

-HD Video plus 8MP Camera with me at all times? Yes please, I love sharing my life with my friends, and it's much better with visuals rather than just status updates

-It was $200, and so was the Incredible (my original pick, until I saw this beauty). Clearly, this was superior!

-Love the massive screen... I just wish it was BIGGER! I've got pretty big pockets, so size isn't an issue, and I love having lots of screen space!

-Thin and lightweight. Despite the fact that I want a huge screen, I don't also want a huge phone, and this fit perfectly!

-Physical buttons. Yes, real life clicky beautiful little buttons at the bottom of my phone! Not that crappy touch-sensitive button stuff

Basically... it just seemed like the obvious best choice! (At least at the time anyway... maybe there are better options now, not sure)

juhde
08-03-2011, 02:25 AM
I have the X2, but I'm guessing that won't be a problem for me to enter. :-)

I had the OG Droid which I loved but I was getting tired of not having all the apps I wanted due to storage constraints and resorting to using compcache just to get it to run smoothly.

My renewal date fast approaching I started to check out what was going to hit the market soon. I was really interested in the bionic mainly because of dual core cpu, but the push backs on release didn't make it an option for me, I hate waiting.

The thunderbolt looked neat but I'm not a fan of htcs plastic designs and the battery life horror stories turned me off. Plus I live in the boonies so 4g is worthless to me probably for years to come.

I had wanted an X since it came out, in fact I had some buyers remorse with my faithful og droid after the x was released, so even though it had some age on it I was leaning twoards getting it.

One morning I woke up and said, today I'm picking a new phone out. I opened up verizons web page and out of no where I see this phone that looks just like the x but its dual core, a dream come true. I had not heard a scrap of news about this phone, it was seemingly a dark horse. I knew I wanted a dual core phone and this was the light at the end of a tunnel. Tegra2 1ghz, 4.3in screen and most importantly, covered in gorilla glass, twice the ram as my og droid and 10 times the app storage. It was like motorola knew exactly what I was looking for in a phone, it was even 3g only so I knew the battery life would be superb.

I've always liked motorola and I can say that 2 months later, I still do.

ashpdwinDX
08-03-2011, 04:12 AM
Well..I originally went to the VZ store to get a new battery for my LG Env2, and well it was christmas time and my dad actually surprised me by offering to get me a new phone and luckily I had an upgrade available too. Almost ended up getting Whatever Samsungs comparable phone at the time was, but the rep helping us suggested that we get the X instead..thank god for that sales rep :D . What really turned me on too it was the HDMI connections and the screen was alot nicer then the Samsungs( I dislike the SAMOLED screens).

HDMI connector
The screen
Size of it, very comfortable to hold

challer2000
08-03-2011, 05:57 AM
I chose mine for the screen size and GPS.

scottpole
08-03-2011, 06:37 AM
My reason for choosing the Droid X was based on the HTC HD2. I never owned one but I came across it at Walmart one night and was instantly pulled in by the 4.3 inch display. Never saw a mobile device with that large of a display and it was awesome to me. It wasnt powered on so all i did was marvel at the size. I could never get it though. Later down the line I was up on my att contract and decided to go to Verizon. There I saw the droid x. This device was powered on so I grabbed it up and knew as soon as I held it that it was for me. The beautiful display, the awesomeness of typing on the massive keyboard compared to my iPhone, the specs of the beast of a device. And then came the fact that android powered this device. I hadn't heard much about android but I was ready to take the plunge. What a great decision it was. The Droid x has made me a very happy person since the day I signed into my Google account on it.

Droid X 2.2 stock rooted

Willup
08-03-2011, 06:59 AM
I chose the droid x for a bunch of reasons. First let me say this is my first true smart phone. Used to be on att with my almost smart phone the Samsung impression. That phone was good at the time it opened a door for wanting more out of my phone. Didn't have full html browsing which got old fast. When it finally broke out of no where 2 months before upgrade i called att to see what i could do. They just came out with the tiered plans and i didn't want to be locked into that. I paid the 123 dollar cancellation fee just to get the droid x after being with att for 4 years Plus.

I sacrificed allot to get my droid x but in the end was totally worth it. What got me to chose the dx was hardware. Amazing my first computer was slower than this phone. Hdmi out, Large display, full html browsing, and allot more. Droid x also brought me to the world if rooting which made me see the full potential of these phones.

So happy with my droid x

SENT FROM DX MIUI

Seamore5
08-03-2011, 07:08 AM
The reason i got the droid x is because I wont the top of the line in a phone , the internet , gps , HD camcorder , camera , keyboard , i can go on and on the list is big its like having A pocket computer with you all the time I love my DROID X ... YOU JUST CANT BEAT IT ....:in love::motdroidvert:

DirtyDroid
08-03-2011, 07:26 AM
I got my x because my buddy had faulted on his contract so I was outta a phone until I went to the vzw store and saw the x on the display..I had bad Rep with Verizon from 5 years ago so if I had to do a down payment I wasn't going to get it...needless to say everything went good and I got it that day...never knew the potential it had until I came to this forum

duncan0553
08-03-2011, 08:14 AM
I got it because of the screen size and memory. I also liked the way it says "DROID!"

MbTaNk16
08-03-2011, 08:37 AM
I chose the DX because of its large screen.

Zog
08-03-2011, 08:53 AM
Why I chose the dx:

- $125 on Craigslist
- HDMI out
- Sexy 4.3" display
- Sleek design (no keyboard)
- It's not an iPhone
- Bragging rights

zombiestomped :: dx

cynkrzy
08-03-2011, 09:22 AM
It was a No Brainer, screen size! I'm old and these eyeballs don't work as well as they used too :biggrin:

eric eakin
08-03-2011, 10:14 AM
I love the big screen!!!!!!!

Carpetman
08-03-2011, 10:32 AM
I like the screen size.

PaulG63
08-03-2011, 10:35 AM
It is a Motorola product.

PaulG63
08-03-2011, 10:37 AM
NOT an iPhone

gunner1982
08-03-2011, 10:38 AM
I wanted a droid x for alot of reasons and after getting it and finding out all the cool things that could be done from reading these forums I fell in love with my Moto its a solid built device an has turned me into a Moto die hard.

Money Mike
08-03-2011, 10:38 AM
I chose my x because at the time the only other real other option was the fascinate. I'm very happy with my decision!

Sent from my Droid X using Tapatalk

pmbasehore
08-03-2011, 11:52 AM
I wanted the DX over all other Android phones because it had the biggest screen--my previous phone was a Samsung Omnia with WinMo, and that tiny touchscreen made it very difficult to use. The big screen on the DX is wonderful!

57fuelieroadster
08-03-2011, 12:15 PM
I chose the X because it's the best.:big smile:

R1nStang
08-03-2011, 01:33 PM
I upgraded to the Droid X from the Droid 1 mainly for 1 reason. the HUGE screen. I got tired of squinting to see games and zooming in 15 times in order to read a webpage. Plus the screen on my dads Iphone was slightly larger and easier to read...and since I had no intention of getting an Iphone I did the next best thing. Got a phone with a screen that dwarfed his Iphone 3GS's. My dad, mom, sister, step mom, and many others at first gave me crap about getting a phone with such a big screen until I let them play around with it for a little bit and then they all wanted one. Sadly my dad and step mom are stuck with their iphones for awhile. But my sister has upgraded now to the slightly larger Samsung (4.5").

Muteki
08-03-2011, 01:41 PM
The reason I choose the droid x was because with its 8mp camera and hd capabilities it was clearly the best phone at the time.

rootedwiley
08-03-2011, 01:45 PM
Well I have the dx2 now because gingerbread sent my dx to the grave. But I initially purchased the dx for its massive screen, and superb YouTube quallity. All the other bells and whistles were found out after id had it for a few months ex, Modding, overclocking etc. It's hands down been the nest phone I've had ever by far. This dx2 is caught it though with my 2.3.3 update I received yesterday.

schluety
08-03-2011, 02:21 PM
A coworker of mine had a Droidx for a while. So when I wanted to switch to a smartphone he recommended Droidx. Plus I liked that large screen, thin design and no qwerty keyboard.

noto
08-03-2011, 02:24 PM
I love the huge screen and hdmi out. :)

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

chuckfeet
08-03-2011, 02:25 PM
I picked the DX because all my friends had iPhones and I did not want to fall into the Apple trap! I got this beast and fell in love.. my wife hates all the time I spend researching new tricks for my precious. I have a rooted DX and I am proud!

Snag
08-03-2011, 02:29 PM
The X's screen size is just right for me.

LbGbv.9 wearing Blackout-Green theme

seapup
08-03-2011, 03:19 PM
There are a lot of reasons why I chose my Motorola Droid X. Here are primary reasons:

Footprint - it's thin, lightweight, no keyboard and fits my hand perfectly
Screen size and technology - it's much easier on my eyes than my original Droid 1
Camera - 8MP and HD video with HDMI output
sGPS and aGPS with Google Nav - it's my primary navigation device
Android and Motorola - Android rules, it's not an iPhone and I've had nothing but good experiences with Motorola products
Verizon - they got it to me day 1 for dirt cheap
Aesthetics - IMHO, it's the best looking TactiCoolMallNinja device on the planet :cool:

kmudd3
08-03-2011, 03:22 PM
The huge screen and the build qulity.

csk415
08-03-2011, 03:48 PM
My X is my first smartphone. Went to vzw and played with it and fell in love with it. Screen size was the #1 reason, plus im a moto fan.

NITRO2
08-03-2011, 04:19 PM
chose the droid x as my first smart phone because of the design and specs. friends laughed at me when i kept going on and on about the 8 megapixel camera but they had very little effect on my decision :D

TBiard
08-03-2011, 04:27 PM
When I first decided to get the DX I was excited because it was the best of the best (in my opinion) in all categories. 720p video was a huge bonus as well. I look forward to getting the DX3 if they choose to release one in a year. I got this phone the day it was released and haven't regretted it for a minute.

B1GD
08-03-2011, 04:31 PM
I chose the dx for the android os, the giant screen, and the HD camera. Its the first phone I've actually liked! :D

Les
08-03-2011, 04:57 PM
I bought 2 of them because of the quality and the opportunities it had to offer from personalization to games to productivity. Also the screen size was amazing it offered better typing for fingers imo. The camera is amazing for pictures and video it had everyone else beat! To this day I still enjoy the device! But my problem is I love technology so much I always look for the best. I love innovation that is why I went with android and the DROID X!

wikkdwarrior
08-03-2011, 05:05 PM
i chose my x because i love the android os, but more i love droid!..droid does...i came from the d1, and i loved it so much that i couldn't imagine using anything else but the hd video and hdmi out is what eventually sold me on the fact that it really was time to upgrade from my beloved og droid to the x...as much as i loved my d1 i havnt regretted upgrading...wouldn't have ever thought it would b possible but i think i love my x more...(but don't let my og find out...lol)

:::Note 2 Self:::

The first step in androidholics anonymous is admit that really do have an addiction!

zlittell
08-03-2011, 05:09 PM
the screen and durability. I love this phone to death and recently left it on the roof of the car. its still kicking with only minor scratches. I still can't think of a single phone I want more than the droid x

edit:
oh yeah and because it was similar to the iphone in size and such. that way i could remind iphone users how much their iphone sucks

DavidW
08-03-2011, 05:12 PM
Well, I don't really want the dock so hope I don't win but I still like my DX tons since having it over a year now. Bought it mid July last year.

Reasons for purchase: Screen size, high res screen, and one of the fastest performing phones.

Things I've learned and really love (I ordered it online!): Build quality, durability, and feel is still the most high quality feeling phone I've used and felt. Most HTC's feel like child's toys. iPhones feel like holding a smaller ball and lack of sophisfication

Talon66721
08-03-2011, 05:13 PM
I finally broke down and got the DX because my boss and a coworker had iphones and I realized I needed a smartphone for work, too. I got it for the maps and radar initially. I had heard all the complaing they both did about all the dropped calls and the tiny keyboard and screen. So I knew I didn't want one of them. I loved the idea of open source, as well. Never have liked being told what I should like by someone who has never met me. I knew Verizon had the best coverage, and not knowing where I might be working from one day to the next, I decided to go there. I saw this phone and that was it. Huge screen (boss said it gave him screen envy the first time he saw it!), good camera for taking pics of my work without having to carry a whole other device, camcorder, etc. Really, what wasn't to like? And all that before I learned anything about this community or rooting. Really, was there even a question about what to get at the time? Lol.

Sent from my DX running Liquid GB 2.3, OC'd at 1.3 and Supercharged. Running as fast as fast can be!

lux
08-03-2011, 08:53 PM
This device is something that I can customize and interact with. The functionality is superb.

Gomerm
08-03-2011, 09:03 PM
I stood in line for 3 hours to get this bad boy. I love it today more than I did the day I got it. All I can say is what is there not to like.

winelady
08-03-2011, 09:26 PM
I chose the Droid X last fall also because of the screen size. It is great for those of us that need just a little extra help in reading and looking at pics. Got to say, that I have never been sorry for choosing it!

chilito82
08-03-2011, 10:19 PM
I'm loving everything about this phone, but mostly the GPS. I work for a university and when we travel, the GPS capabilities have saved us more than a few times. Not to mention easily finding food and a place for a few drinks. I love it!

jmlucas
08-04-2011, 10:24 AM
I chose the X because it was simply the best Android phone in the market. The screen, speed, and flexibility was unrivaled in the devices I looked at.

Ihatepullups
08-04-2011, 10:52 AM
I chose the x2 because it's dual core, has hard buttons (my parents both have the droid 2 and those buttons suck) and a big screen.

That was pretty much it...

dAi
08-04-2011, 11:17 AM
I chose the DX because it beat the other Droid series when it comes to recording a video in HD with its three noise canceling mic, it was the best after the iphone video recording.

The 4.3 screen size for web browsing and space for the keyboard.

The DX was offering the same thing the iphone had but faster; tether, apps, wifi capable, etc.

It only does everything.

Sent from my DROIDX

Scott26
08-04-2011, 11:36 AM
I choose the Droid X because it is the best of the best!

The main reason I choose this phone was because of it popularity and I knew that since this is such a popular phone I would be able to really modify it to my liking with information I get from this forum! Not only that I love the large display for watching Netflix at the gym while wasting time on the bike or other machine. Add all the hardware features like the display, camera, and processor and it really is a no brainer that this is the phone to have.

The best thing about this phone is I can use it to show other i****e (censored the curse word) users how much better Android technology is.

Wingnuts
08-04-2011, 12:20 PM
Combination of screen size, no physical keyboard, and it's a Motorola product.

devo1929
08-04-2011, 12:54 PM
I got the DroidX 6 months after it had already been released. Even after being out for 6 months, I read nothing but good reviews on the phone. On the other side, after being out for only 6 months, the development community had already provided a slew of customizations for me to (nearly) fully personalize my DroidX. With both of those major factors, there were no other phones that compared to the DroidX, at the time.

cmospyder
08-04-2011, 12:59 PM
I chose the DX because of the large screen, gps, fast processor the multitude of apps and so many different roms. But the #1 reason is I like all the women saying " Oh it's so Big ". I'm 5'6" and I am not use to them telling me that.:big smile:

cynkrzy
08-04-2011, 01:14 PM
Did I forget to mention that I refuse to be held hostage by a company like Apple?

nevsdad
08-04-2011, 01:22 PM
The DX was my first smartphone and I think what initially attracted me to the phone was the screen size. Since having this phone I have become a FULL ON android fanatic. And thanks to DroidXforums.com I have become even more of a DroidX freak!!!!

diirk
08-04-2011, 03:21 PM
I like the DX because it seems to me to be the most supported phone on the market.

LiveToPonder
08-04-2011, 03:36 PM
I chose the Droid X because I was already comfy with a soft keyboard and I loved the screensize/muscle. This community is respsonsible for me appearing to actually make it through a 2yr contract this time ;-0

Droid Diggler
08-04-2011, 04:32 PM
I got my x a couple of weeks after it was released. I chose it because it was the best phone at the time. And there still isn't a phone out that I would give up my x for. Maybe the Bionic. Big emphasis on MAYBE. Things are just too good in 2nd initville.

MIUI BABY!!!!

wilyums
08-04-2011, 05:04 PM
When I got my DX I was looking at the EVO. I had been a HTC guy for a while. I was sold on the DX because at one time I would buy nothing but MOTO products. I'm still happy with this phone and Big Red(believe it or not!). That is the reason I chose the Droid X I was trying to get away from ATT, and the Droid X was the best phone Verizon had.

MerryJones
08-04-2011, 05:49 PM
I love androix.. I have been working with it without problem... and it was also the best thing when I got it :big smile:

mugz91
08-05-2011, 12:34 AM
Ease of use plus it is just way cooler than any other phone.

synth3tic
08-05-2011, 01:24 AM
It was either the Incredible or the DX, and I went with the DX due to larger screen size. I never regretted it :big smile:

douglasfamily
08-05-2011, 01:50 AM
I had a feeling and am glad I went with it. The X is still beast!

gravityrider
08-05-2011, 05:16 AM
I was between the incredible and the DROID x I chose the x (thankful) mainly for the larger screen size and the swipe feature (although I no longer use this input method as much anymore) but it is still the greatest phone I have ever had!!!

Abaddon
08-05-2011, 08:36 AM
I chose the X because I was coming from an iBore and really wanted something that could do everything that wasn't possible with Apple. I also wanted to silence some friends with the iPhone by showing them how I could customize virtually everything on the phone, take panorama photos and have them instantly stitched, connect to my xbox wirelessly with the dlna feature, hook up an hdmi cable to my tv and view my photos, videos, etc.....

s.dubs317
08-05-2011, 08:52 AM
HDMI port was the selling point for me. Add a wii remote, emulators, and real hdmi (or xternal display) to the mix for hours of classic game play!

xgujuplaya
08-05-2011, 04:09 PM
I chose the Droid X because it was the best phone on Verizon and also because of the screen size

CrimsonTide
08-05-2011, 04:38 PM
Chose the droid x for screen size and moto durability

jun991013
08-05-2011, 05:20 PM
I got the droid x from the samsung fascinate god! what problem the samsung phone has 6 replacments ! and so I got the droid x big screen and camera!!!!! WHOOOHOO

bobblehead777
08-05-2011, 05:30 PM
I chose the droid x because of its large screen, excellent camera, and the ability to upload photos to facebook with the touch of one button

fernbch
08-05-2011, 08:44 PM
I chose the DroidX because of some of my friends. I had a chance to really check one out before I bought it. I wanted it first time I saw it, and getting my hands on one outside of a store sealed the deal. A fairly large and crisp display, an 8 megapixel camera that takes great pictures, great video with hdmi, 802 wireless, just to mention a few. Couple that with great support on the forums and the ability to customize it pretty much however you want you really can't ask for more. I really have to say mine is fast, stable, and just works great! I came from a win6.X smartphone, made the jump to Android, and haven't looked back once. No regrets what so ever.

My Droid Thrives on the DarkSlide!!

johnnysyeah
08-06-2011, 10:49 AM
I initiially chose the Droid X because of the screen size. I have rather big hands so this size was perfect for me.
I've come to love it because I love being able to tinker with it, and with the linux SBF, I'm never afraid of going too far in messing around with it!

DomsMom0809
08-06-2011, 11:23 AM
I wanted a Droid X for several reasons but if I were to pick my top reasons it would be....the size of the screen, the awesome clarity and HD features. I love how light weight it is and didn't feel like I was carrying a brick around. Mostly I wanted my Droid because its the best smart phone out there!

Enyo
08-06-2011, 11:40 AM
The 4 buttons at the bottom. The massive screen size. The huge development community. I even choose this over a HTC Evo from sprint. Its Motorola, Known for there durability. And the way the side is shapped.

ShayyanArshad
08-06-2011, 06:25 PM
I chose the Droid X because I was able to steal(hypothetical) it for ten dollars at Best Buy! Everything else is just a plus.

Alien
08-06-2011, 07:09 PM
I chose the X2 because I am an impatient technology owner and I had to get the dual core upgrade.

I'm happy I did... dock would be great.

kkrist09
08-06-2011, 07:38 PM
screen size the fact that i can play snes on it rocks everything really but if i would of waited 2 more mths i could of got the x2....:(

Droidxuser5
08-07-2011, 03:11 PM
I love the feel and size of the screen. Also, I love the new blur with gingerbread. By far my favorite phone.

crismanuel831
08-07-2011, 10:14 PM
I got my droid after researching and seeing the reviews and great supporting community. I knew this was going to be a good choice even though the bootloader was locked up.

CAEM X
08-08-2011, 09:03 AM
I chose my DX because first i broke my BB Storm which was my 3rd replacement at that time plus i was a member on this forum way b4 i got my dx. And fell in love with it.

keithd203
08-08-2011, 11:24 AM
I chose the DX for the screen. I fell in love with the DX the first time I saw it. And now that my eyes are getting worse the older I get, the large sreen was exactly what I needed to make me feel young again . . . even if only in my mind!!

jeffscann
08-08-2011, 11:29 AM
I got it for the slim profile, huge screen, quick processor, and better camera than I had before. It just does everything better!

onlyred
08-08-2011, 11:57 AM
I got the Droid X because I wanted a phone that did everything I wanted it to. It does.

Ricowan
08-08-2011, 01:47 PM
My old POS Samsung Omnia was on it's last legs and crashing/locking up on me almost daily. I finally got fed up with the run around from the local Verizon Wireless stores and called their online tech support. They decided there was nothing to do and upgraded my account to say I was eligible for an early upgrade at the new-every-two price, and that just happened to be a few days before the Droid X was released. So I waited for release day, waited in line at the store, and luckily got the last one they had.

I love the large screen, that's probably the feature I most coveted when I was reading all the posts on this site and the Droid forums prior to release. I've never had a problem with the phone itself, despite the many hacks I've done to it since I got it, including rooting it as soon as a stable process for root was released. I have the car dock, but not the media dock, so winning this contest would be sweet! :) Thanks for holding the contest!

vulcaninvt
08-08-2011, 03:17 PM
I will keep it quick and simple. Screen size, feel in my hand, Android platform are just a few of the reasons. The added bonus has been finding this website and receiving invaluable information along with fantastic help!

traveler95
08-08-2011, 03:55 PM
My reason for choosing the Droid X was because of the screen size and the raw power! I still thoroughly enjoy my Droid X, but unfortunately my camera just stopped working. I can't launch the app or even use the LED flash as a flashlight with TeslaLED... So I took my phone to the closest Verizon Wireless store and will be receiving my Droid X2 tomorrow! As a lot of you already know, their warranty replacements are depleted for the Droid X, so you get an upgrade/replacement.

So tomorrow, I'll be enjoying my Droid X2.

Thanks for the chance at a giveaway, DroidXForums peeps!

smalltowngirl13
08-08-2011, 07:04 PM
Any last participants? The random selection will take place in approximately an hour...I will close the thread and post the winner at that time...so if you haven't posted, please do!!

creamsteve
08-08-2011, 07:25 PM
I got it for the screen size and the great camera it has. It's my 8 month old daughters favorite toy that I have. She tried to eat it, but I don't think it tastes all that good. To each their own I guess.

kingkermit
08-08-2011, 07:31 PM
I love the phone's specs. At the time it was the "beast" of the industry and even today it is highly comparable to most other phones due to the phenomenal Dec community.

smalltowngirl13
08-08-2011, 08:18 PM
Closing thread...winner will be announced shortly!

smalltowngirl13
08-08-2011, 08:30 PM
And the winner is.....

motorsports601 -- post 36

~~ sent from my x~~