PDA

View Full Version : Some questions regarding the rooted 2.3.3

trabo
08-01-2011, 08:39 PM
Hey guys, been a while. I just finally got back into the game and upped my X from Liberty 2.0.1 to the gingerbread leak. I initially did the two zip install and then immediately flashed Liberty x.09. I ran into quite a few immediate bugs so I scrapped it and just went to the stock gingerbread (rooted obv).

But now I have come across a few issues. Anyone else having any of or have any answers to these problems?

1. Titanium Backup is shown as downloaded and installed but it does not show up in my app drawer.

2. I have gone through and removed some apps via .apk -> .bak using Root Explorer but:

"Books" still shows up despite it being changed to .bak
A link shows up in my app drawer that has something to do with kindle, but I have changed that app to .bak as well.
Cannot find the .apk for Need For Speed
3. I cannot seem to find a way to turn down the keyboard sounds. I'm thinking this option was just removed altogether but I don't know for sure.

Sorry if some or all of these issues have already been talked about on here, I haven't come across anything this specific.

Thanks guys.

trabo
08-04-2011, 01:43 AM
Bump.

Wow, really? 73 views and no replies. Nobody has any suggestions for how to get Titanium to work? I guess I'll email the dev.

Snow02
08-04-2011, 02:07 AM
Just reinstall titanium. And you'll have to reboot after renaming apks to .bak in order for them to be removed from the app drawer.

trabo
08-04-2011, 07:45 PM
Just reinstall titanium. And you'll have to reboot after renaming apks to .bak in order for them to be removed from the app drawer.

I have reinstalled Titanium twice and it still fails to show up.

The phone has also been rebooted many times over the past week.

Snow02
08-04-2011, 07:57 PM
Don't know what to tell you then. Sounds like you somehow have a static app drawer if you can't seem to add or remove apps from it. I have no clue how that would happen. Have you tried using a different launcher?

trabo
08-08-2011, 10:27 PM
Don't know what to tell you then. Sounds like you somehow have a static app drawer if you can't seem to add or remove apps from it. I have no clue how that would happen. Have you tried using a different launcher?

Haven't tried a different launcher, but I paid for ADW so I can do that I suppose.

Let me be clear: the app drawer doesn't seem "static," some of my .bak'd apps have disappeared as normal, just not Books.

AZDroid99
08-08-2011, 10:39 PM
are you reinstalling Titanium Backup Pro key? maybe I'm way off, but what I mean is that when I did the GB update...the market showed I had Titanium Backup Pro Key and it was installed, yet I didnt see the app

So I searched for Titanium Backup (the free one) and installed that. Then when I started up the app, it said my key was accepted or whatever and I had Pro

cant help you with Books or NFS b/c I froze mine in Titanium and never had an issue

AZDroid99
08-08-2011, 10:42 PM
so if you go to Market, and then My Apps, you should have two Titanium Backups installed