PDA

View Full Version : Is this really needed?

Judge
08-01-2011, 07:18 PM
Ok so I used to change roms once a week it seemed like on froyo and then gingerbread came out. I left gingerbread alone after getting the tbh leak until I got the itch. Well I updated to .596 and then after looking around every rom tells me to sbf back to froyo....wth? Why downgrade to upgrade? If I am incorrect in this I would love to know. If there are any roms that can be flashed over .596 rooted/deodexed please let me know. Thank you in advance guys ^^

The persuader
08-01-2011, 07:36 PM
Point well taken with Downgrade to Upgrade...I am sure its something I could not understand anyways...

I am still On Froyo...Just waiting for sometime that would really float my Boat...I definitely know how to SBF...Had my fair share...

Not sure, I have any Interest in Gingerbread...lol:crazy:

1KDS
08-01-2011, 07:40 PM
The cm7 based ROMs require you to sbf back to 2.2.1 froyo since they utilize the froyo kernel. There are some ROMs available to flash over the gb kernel (4.5.596) like ApeX 2 rc2 and some of the Liberty ROMs.

Judge
08-01-2011, 10:20 PM
Thanks much guys, I remember liberty being what I loved on froyo so I will attempt to find a liberty to flash without having to sbf. Lol

sent from the daywalker droid

Nemo aeternamn
08-01-2011, 11:55 PM
ya... the reason for the cm7 "downgrade" to froyo is because the process cvpcs made to use the 2nd inti process to be able to make this rom is amazing as it is... will only run on the froyo kernel... it doesn't work with ginger kernel...
so there's the reason you have to sbf froyo... is so you have the froyo kernel..
and if you want... here's an interesting read explaining the process that it goes through...
http://cvpcs.org/blog/2011-06-14/2nd-init._what_it_is_and_how_it_works
a (http://cvpcs.org/blog/2011-06-14/2nd-init._what_it_is_and_how_it_works)nd with this one you don't have to sbf too... just download wipe and install :)

Chew DZ
08-02-2011, 06:13 AM
Framework43 n Cvpcs have said they are going to work on getting 2nd init to work with GB ROMs (ApeX, Liberty 0.9, etc.). Give it some time

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums

fezrock
08-02-2011, 06:27 AM
Thanks much guys, I remember liberty being what I loved on froyo so I will attempt to find a liberty to flash without having to sbf. Lol

sent from the daywalker droid

Sans toolbox- v0.8

With toolbox- v0.9

Tried both. All the liberty goodness plus GB!