PDA

View Full Version : Liquid link

savagerun
08-01-2011, 03:18 PM
I would like to try liquid rom does anyone have a download link? Im on rooted GB.596

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums

Wulf
08-01-2011, 03:21 PM
You have to sbf back to froyo before installing.
http://www.DroidXForums.com/forum/liquid/32224-liquid-gb-2-3-droid-x-released.html
You'll find link to latest version.

savagerun
08-01-2011, 03:45 PM
Haha... is that why i was sent into a bootloop after flashing it on. 596. Thought i had a bad download link. Ok i just got done sbfing back to froyo and will try it. I noticed the 2 links you gave me one is for 2.3 and the other is for 2.4,. Do i need to flash 2.3 then 2.4 on top of it or do i just need to download the 2.4 and flash that? Thanks for your help Wulf...

Wulf
08-01-2011, 03:47 PM
Haha... is that why i was sent into a bootloop after flashing it on. 596. Thought i had a bad download link. Ok i just got done sbfing back to froyo and will try it. I noticed the 2 links you gave me one is for 2.3 and the other is for 2.4,. Do i need to flash 2.3 then 2.4 on top of it or do i just need to download the 2.4 and flash that? Thanks for your help Wulf...

They both point back to 2.5 I believe, it was updated.

savagerun
08-01-2011, 04:08 PM
Ok i see what your saying. One is a main download and the other says mirror download. I don't know what a mirror download is but I'll just do the main download one and flash that. I guess...

Wulf
08-01-2011, 04:18 PM
Ok i see what your saying. One is a main download and the other says mirror download. I don't know what a mirror download is but I'll just do the main download one and flash that. I guess...

Mirror is just another download link. Both have same file. Do the checksum to make sure you have good download.

Here's checksum from my download.
MD5 98c66fe343d9cdedcd18bec4f04e3a8c

Ginger man is chillin with a splash of Liquid.. Fresh

sgthwjack
08-01-2011, 04:19 PM

Mirror is the same file, just dowloads from a different location I think. MD5 should be the same.

savagerun
08-01-2011, 04:22 PM
Ok Wulf. Thank you very much. I'll give it a shot and hope i like it.

Wulf
08-01-2011, 04:30 PM
Ok Wulf. Thank you very much. I'll give it a shot and hope i like it.

Your welcome, remember to calibrate your battery after install and give it a few charging cycles for it to level off. Just a heads up, battery life on cm7 based roms is not as good as 596. Some cm7 roms are a little better them others.

Ginger man is chillin with a splash of Liquid.. Fresh

WillMiii
08-02-2011, 03:51 PM
Just wondering. I'm currenty running miui and was thinking about trying this rom. Do I need to sbf or being that I'm running off a froyo kernel will a factory reset in clockwork recovery using rom manager work?

sgthwjack
08-02-2011, 04:07 PM
No SBF needed, I came back to 2.4 from MIUI myself that way. Just don't dl the 2.5 since it has wifi issues still AFAIK. Try this link for 2.4.

http://db.tt/G5sSpXY

WillMiii
08-02-2011, 04:15 PM
No SBF needed, I came back to 2.4 from MIUI myself that way. Just don't dl the 2.5 since it has wifi issues still AFAIK. Try this link for 2.4.

http://db.tt/G5sSpXY

Thanks for link. So do I enter through clockwork in rom manager, then factory wipe, wipe cache partition, wipe davlik cache, wipe battery stats then install liquid from sd card? By the way does Facebook push notifications work on this time?

sgthwjack
08-02-2011, 04:17 PM
You have it correct. IDK about Facebook since I don't use it.

WillMiii
08-02-2011, 04:24 PM
thanks again, fully charging my phone now to flash!!

sgthwjack
08-02-2011, 04:28 PM
Most welcome! :big smile:

chuck54
09-12-2011, 09:42 PM
Sorry I didn't feel like making a new thread for this

Us there a way to change the green modded apps (music settings browser) into blue? Would totally rock my phone.

Sent from my DROIDX running liquid while my Chevy (SSX) is in the shop...