PDA

View Full Version : Help touch screen died after update

vacobra1
07-31-2011, 10:18 PM
I just tried to flash my phone with the preroot GB flash and it installed and when I rebooted my phone my touch screen will not work. so I tried to flash it back with the sbf and now im at the activation screen but the touch screen wont work. Any advice of what I can do?

juhde
07-31-2011, 10:42 PM
Boot into recovery mode and preform a factory reset.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Droid X Forums

vacobra1
08-01-2011, 06:23 AM
I did that and its still a paper weight

juhde
08-01-2011, 07:52 AM
I can't find/think of any reason this would happen.

Have you tried pulling the battery and leaving it out for a minute?

Try anything, pressing power button on and off, meaning turning the screen on and off over and over.

Try plugging it in without the battery.

Try pulling the battery as soon as it begins turning on, try that again but have it plugged in this time.

Keep cycling the screen on and off

If all else fails at least you can still sbf and factory reset from recovery, get a new one. A lot of people have upgraded, both root and non root with out a problem.

vacobra1
08-01-2011, 08:50 AM
I have tried everything Left the battery out over night pushed every button combination I could think of and tried pushing buttons while touching the screen I have done a factory reset about 10 times as well as sbf about 10 times and even downloaded it again and tried again. With it being flashed back to the sbf verizon cant tell that I rooted it? I deleted the folders and files that can be associated with root from the phone. I just dont want to send the phone back under warranty and get a nice bill from it when I can drop it in water.

gbrinn
08-01-2011, 09:00 AM
If you flashed back to factory, they can't tell it was rooted.

vacobra1
08-01-2011, 09:15 AM
Is there any way i can tell just to be on the safe side without using my phones touch screen?

juhde
08-01-2011, 06:30 PM
Is there any way i can tell just to be on the safe side without using my phones touch screen?

Not really, but if you sbf'd and factory reset after, you're good to go.