PDA

View Full Version : How do I update my ROM and keep my current settings/setup?

anderbutter
07-31-2011, 08:54 PM
I am running liquid GB v2.3 and wanted to update to v2.4. How do i do this and keep all of my current settings and setup? I just want to keep everything how it is and just update, not start from scratch building my home screens, adjusting my settings, etc. Also using ADW launcher. Thanks!

JNEHAMA
07-31-2011, 09:24 PM
I am running liquid GB v2.3 and wanted to update to v2.4. How do i do this and keep all of my current settings and setup? I just want to keep everything how it is and just update, not start from scratch building my home screens, adjusting my settings, etc. Also using ADW launcher. Thanks!

Fortunately, you can flash 2.4 over 2.3 without a data wipes. Download 2.4 and verify file size and optimally md5sum. Go into CWM the gold recovery and make a backup of your current setup just in case. The clear cache and dalvick cache, then install 2.4, then reboot system. Make sure to start with a full charge, again just in case. You will have an extra long bootup and may even need to do a battery pull and boot up a second time. Just wait through it and you will be on 2.4. The only thing you will loose is if you made any framework modifications eg. Metamorphosis, ninjamorph.

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums

anderbutter
08-01-2011, 10:25 AM
didnt work.... i mean, i kept all of my apps but it restarted with launcher pro, i had to re-download ADW. before updating, i backed up ADW settings and desktop configuration, and when i restored them it restored the theme only not my home screens and widgets... i just want it to basically update and keep everything else how it was, its just too much of a hassle to do all this stuff over every time i update or flash a new rom

popcenator
08-01-2011, 10:31 AM
You're settings will be reverted to the stock ROM settings because flashing the next version overwrites any changes you made.

on the move..

chuck54
08-18-2011, 12:47 PM
Use titanium and it will restore it all. It worked from 2.5 to 2.6

Sent from my DROIDX running liquid 2.6 while my Chevy (ssx) is broke..... boohoo