PDA

View Full Version : Omfgb

kochoid
07-31-2011, 09:07 AM
OMFGB is up and running. It is smooth. So far, I can say it does not appear to be as fast as justice or ssx or muiu. But, that may be do in large part to droidx overclock not working on it. Mobile Sensei says the batt life is pimp, but we'll see. Also, except for Droid x overclock, apparently all is working ...so far.

Sent from my Droid X using Droid X Forums

aramiscrimson
07-31-2011, 10:43 AM
Is it a 2nd unit froyo? or do I need to jump to gb to try it out

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums

kochoid
07-31-2011, 10:49 AM
Froyo kernal. Thread over @ rootzwiki.

aramiscrimson
07-31-2011, 11:37 AM
I read the thread just didn't see the instructions..already have it downloaded

kochoid
07-31-2011, 11:50 AM
Need to be on froyo or cm7 derivative. Wipe everything. Need gapps too. Also, you'll need to download a filemanager from market to see your SD card files.

1KDS
07-31-2011, 09:25 PM
Moving thread into the new OMFGB section.

kochoid
08-01-2011, 09:00 AM
Issues I had:
Android overclock didn't work.
Scrolling through lists was SLOW.
Overall seemed slower than even lib gb v0.1

I'm back to lib gb 0.8.

the good:
Smooth
Cool look/feel
GOD mode (cm7 like tweaks)

mapatton82
08-01-2011, 09:37 AM
Issues I had:
Android overclock didn't work.
Scrolling through lists was SLOW.
Overall seemed slower than even lib gb v0.1

I'm back to lib gb 0.8.

the good:
Smooth
Cool look/feel
GOD mode (cm7 like tweaks)

The problem with Android Overclock can be fixed. You need to modify the build.prop file, change the ro.product.model from Droid X to DROIDX. This fixed AOC for me and it has been running smoothly so far.

kochoid
08-01-2011, 02:36 PM
hows battery? mobile sensei says it's good, but pretty much, to him, every rom is the best rom.

Money Mike
08-01-2011, 02:40 PM
I've been on this rom since yesterday and my battery life has been good. About 5% an hour so far.

Sent from my Droid X using Tapatalk

Chew DZ
08-01-2011, 05:46 PM
This ROM is suppose to make ur phone "Slim, Sleek, and Fast"; its pure AOSP and its slow? Im sticking to Liberty GB

Blackadept
08-01-2011, 10:51 PM
I can back up the build prop fix posted earlier in the thread, that is how I fixed my OC as well. As for the rest if you play around with the settings you will be surprised how fast this ROM is.

After applying tweaks (scrolling, build prop edits, OC, slimming, etc.) the same as I have on all available ROMs, this one by far has surpassed the rest. Thats not to say the others are not awesome as each has their own slices of epicness, but as far as holistically speaking, this one is the fastest, most responsive, and smoothest I have configured, let alone the fact that there are not the bugs and issues that most of the others have.

If you find it to be sluggish try messing with the settings in god mode, spare parts, build.prop, and regular settings. I have made it 18 hours on this charge with moderate use with a fair bit of heavy use as well, thats a solid hour+ longer then any other. Also consider using the 12p radio over the 7p, not to much saved but functionally adds a lot. And if you feel really adventurous, recompile the ROM from source to fit you and what you use most. That is what I did, and def. saw even more improvement.

My hat's off to r2, xoom, the sekkrit weapon for this ROM, and to Framework for his help getting it working on the X.

kochoid
08-02-2011, 11:49 AM
OK, u lost me. I fixed the build prop to run aoc, but wot r the sliming and editing tweaks u mention?

...ssx...

rafarquhar
08-02-2011, 02:49 PM
I can back up the build prop fix posted earlier in the thread, that is how I fixed my OC as well. As for the rest if you play around with the settings you will be surprised how fast this ROM is.

After applying tweaks (scrolling, build prop edits, OC, slimming, etc.) the same as I have on all available ROMs, this one by far has surpassed the rest. Thats not to say the others are not awesome as each has their own slices of epicness, but as far as holistically speaking, this one is the fastest, most responsive, and smoothest I have configured, let alone the fact that there are not the bugs and issues that most of the others have.

If you find it to be sluggish try messing with the settings in god mode, spare parts, build.prop, and regular settings. I have made it 18 hours on this charge with moderate use with a fair bit of heavy use as well, thats a solid hour+ longer then any other. Also consider using the 12p radio over the 7p, not to much saved but functionally adds a lot. And if you feel really adventurous, recompile the ROM from source to fit you and what you use most. That is what I did, and def. saw even more improvement.

My hat's off to r2, xoom, the sekkrit weapon for this ROM, and to Framework for his help getting it working on the X.

Scrolling tweak? Do tell, I'm quite curious.

Chew DZ
08-03-2011, 01:33 AM
Never heard of slimming or a scroll tweak ever

Sent from my DROIDXX using Droid X Forums

mapatton82
08-03-2011, 07:18 AM

I wonder if he means the supercharger script?

Blackadept
08-03-2011, 10:58 AM

Ahh now I remember why I don't post here or offer help, thanks for reminding me!

Scrolling tweaks just means playing with the settings thus tweaking the speed. There are apps that do it aswell. But he's never heard of em so clearly they don't exist, so I wont post my script here so I dont cause problems with what does and doesn't exist!

Slimming means stripping down of the ROM. Getting rid of the stuff you don't need. Doing this helps in multiple ways as it rids the actual ram usage but also helps lighten the dv cache as well as other aspects of the phone that I won't bore you with. Even tho slimming doesn't exist if you wanted to challenge reality then I'd suggest using Root Explorer and deleting the items from the /system folder you do not need. Most from /system/app -- remember to also delete the apks info stored in /data/data afterwards. Playing around in there can help a little to a lot depending on what you do. For the ultimate help tho I'd suggest learning how to compile from source. This rids from the ground up all of the items you do not use as well as lets you incorperate custom scripts and tweaks directly into the build. Playing around will teach you a lot and you'll be amazed at what you can get the phone to do, tho it can break a lot of stuff until you learn what not to do so be ready to sbf lol. Its worth it tho to learn as these phones are very very powerful and can do more than advertised with just a few edits here and there.

Of course this is only true in the metaphysical sense since they do not exist in reality!

Sent from my DROIDXX

mapatton82
08-03-2011, 11:39 AM
Ahh now I remember why I don't post here or offer help, thanks for reminding me!

Scrolling tweaks just means playing with the settings thus tweaking the speed. There are apps that do it aswell. But he's never heard of em so clearly they don't exist, so I wont post my script here so I dont cause problems with what does and doesn't exist!

Slimming means stripping down of the ROM. Getting rid of the stuff you don't need. Doing this helps in multiple ways as it rids the actual ram usage but also helps lighten the dv cache as well as other aspects of the phone that I won't bore you with. Even tho slimming doesn't exist if you wanted to challenge reality then I'd suggest using Root Explorer and deleting the items from the /system folder you do not need. Most from /system/app -- remember to also delete the apks info stored in /data/data afterwards. Playing around in there can help a little to a lot depending on what you do. For the ultimate help tho I'd suggest learning how to compile from source. This rids from the ground up all of the items you do not use as well as lets you incorperate custom scripts and tweaks directly into the build. Playing around will teach you a lot and you'll be amazed at what you can get the phone to do, tho it can break a lot of stuff until you learn what not to do so be ready to sbf lol. Its worth it tho to learn as these phones are very very powerful and can do more than advertised with just a few edits here and there.

Of course this is only true in the metaphysical sense since they do not exist in reality!

Sent from my DROIDXX

You wouldn't happen to have any or know where to find some references on compiling a code base?

cory46
08-03-2011, 11:56 AM
You wouldn't happen to have any or know where to find some references on compiling a code base?

http://wiki.cyanogenmod.com/wiki/Building_from_source

http://source.android.com/source/initializing.html

http://www.koushikdutta.com/2008/12/building-android-source-and-deploying.html

O and good stuff here too
http://cvpcs.org/

mapatton82
08-03-2011, 12:02 PM
Building from source - CyanogenMod Wiki (http://wiki.cyanogenmod.com/wiki/Building_from_source)

Initializing a Build Environment | Android Open Source (http://source.android.com/source/initializing.html)

My Brain Hurts: Building the Android source and Deploying it to your G1 or Dev Phone (http://www.koushikdutta.com/2008/12/building-android-source-and-deploying.html)

O and good stuff here too
Still Loading ... » blog (http://cvpcs.org/)

Thanks for the info!!!

Blackadept
08-03-2011, 01:38 PM
https://github.com/OMFGB

Omfgb source code can be pulled from here. Suggest using Linux so you can just repo it instead of going thru cygwin.

Sent from my DROIDXX

Chew DZ
08-05-2011, 06:32 AM
Wow, i must of offended someone.

aramiscrimson
08-07-2011, 07:45 AM
I have been running this rom since the night it was released and am loving it. Its plenty fast enough and the battery life is above average for me and the heavy use I put on it. Of course...I will change roms again in the next week like I have been doing and may find one better

cleopete
08-17-2011, 01:21 PM
Wow, i must of offended someone.

I myself was livid when I discovered you had never heard of scroll tweaks. Bastard!