PDA

View Full Version : Froyo to SSX/Ging?

xeron
07-30-2011, 07:44 PM
Hi Guys,

I apologize if this has been asked a million times. I read the thread here [http://www.droidxforums.com/forum/gingerbread-help/26668-guide-froyo-gingerbread.html] but I am a bit confused and concerned on what to do.

I am on an old build of GummyJAR 2.5 (Froyo, from like Decemberish) and was looking to upgrade to Gingerbread rooted and possibly this SSX rom. If I am understanding correctly I should be able to do this with just putting D2 Bootstrap Recovery on here and then flashing two files, then the rom? Or do I need to SBF? I have never SBF'd and I'm nervous about doing that.

Let me know if there is a better instruction set than the thread I referenced above or if I should go by that.

Thanks in advance,

macpro88
07-30-2011, 07:50 PM
With SSX, you just need to flash the ROM files in bootstrap, no need to upgrade to Gingerbread.

xeron
07-30-2011, 07:53 PM
ok I'll try that. I need D2 Bootstrap or DX? I can get D2 on market but its $3, it that the best route?

macpro88
07-30-2011, 07:54 PM
DX will work fine. Head over to the SSX Op when you get a chance, instructions are there for ya. When you get on SSX, don't flash the bootstrap, its built in.

xeron
07-30-2011, 08:42 PM
FYI it worked like a charm. Already really impressed with how smoothly the install went, plus how nice the rom is. I love the animations and just everything in general. I know the ging keyboard is smaller so ill have to get used to that, but with titanium backup this has been a breeze. Like 20 min and im already back to where I was, only on a better rom :D

macpro88
07-30-2011, 08:54 PM
Good to hear!

Cheers!