PDA

View Full Version : Getting started with liquid. Help!

silver04v
07-27-2011, 04:28 PM
Im going to do liquid even though some are having some issues with battery. Ill just try it out.
So, am I doing this right?

sbf back to froyo
root with z4.
dl d2 bootstrap
wipe data, cache, dalvik, bat
flash liquid zip. reboot.
setup google account.
done?

Besides not opening d2 bootstrap once on liquid, is there anything I should know? Like when updates are released, is there a way to dl them and flash them easily?

I seen on rootzwiki that one of the issues is the camcorder not working and theres a zip for camera, camcorder, torch, to flash thats for cm7. They said that fixed it for them.
Any other issues I should know about?
Anything I need to do with this 2nd int stuff? In rom manager or something? Im a little confused at this and if theres anything needed.
Thanks guys!

lthelwpn
07-27-2011, 04:50 PM
Looks like you have the tools and the steps right, once you get on the rom just hold the power button down and boot into recovery that way.(make sure no bootstrap is used). Hope you enjoy.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

jloya
07-27-2011, 04:54 PM
+2!

steps are lookin goood

ack41988
07-27-2011, 06:13 PM
Can u use the cm7 fix zip on liquid and does that fix the camcorder?

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums

lthelwpn
07-27-2011, 06:41 PM
SSX has its own fixes, I am not at my PC or I could send you the links.

silver04v
07-27-2011, 07:08 PM
SSX has its own fixes, I am not at my PC or I could send you the links.

lemme know if you know were i can find them

serx7
07-27-2011, 09:01 PM
Can u use the cm7 fix zip on liquid and does that fix the camcorder?Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums razorloves cam/etc fix works for me on Liquid 2.4. i used the one for nightly 33+.All In One Fix Zip for CM4DX (http://rootzwiki.com/showthread.php?1347-All-In-One-Fix-Zip-for-CM4DX)

silver04v
07-27-2011, 09:08 PM
razorloves cam/etc fix works for me on Liquid 2.4. i used the one for nightly 33+.All In One Fix Zip for CM4DX (http://rootzwiki.com/showthread.php?1347-All-In-One-Fix-Zip-for-CM4DX)

Thank you. I've got liquid and the fix on my SD. Ill be flashing tomorrow morning after I get my sbf on.

Sent from MY Ginger X. Rooted and modded the way I want it and just flying as fast as it can!

silver04v
07-28-2011, 10:06 AM
Is quickclock working on liquid?

Sent from MY Ginger X. Rooted and modded the way I want it and just flying as fast as it can!

Bkdodger
07-28-2011, 10:17 AM

Yes sirreeeee..

Sent from elGato's X..
"A flash alert warning has been issued in your area. .if you have a Droid X possible constant flashing will be in effect"..

goldsmitht
07-28-2011, 10:54 AM

Mine locks up after determing one of the settings (don't remember which) if this happens, do a battery pull, let the phone reboot, and it SHOULD (emphasis on "SHOULD") restart QuickClock where it locked up (mine did, when i just let it go through the reboot) After that, works great

JNEHAMA
07-28-2011, 11:10 AM
Mine locks up after determing one of the settings (don't remember which) if this happens, do a battery pull, let the phone reboot, and it SHOULD (emphasis on "SHOULD") restart QuickClock where it locked up (mine did, when i just let it go through the reboot) After that, works great

I had the same situation during calibration with QC. When it hit 14vsels instead of rebooting it froze. I did a battery pull and rebooted and QC resumed its calibration for max speed. Liquid 2.4 has been great. No patches needed. The only thing I noticed that apps that I had fc issues with on 2.3 still had them on 2.4 but a fresh reinstall of the app fixed the issue. Now with the supercharging script and undervolt, it's a great rom. And you can still use all the cm7 themes!

silver04v
07-28-2011, 04:39 PM
Just sbf'd and flashed liquid 2.4. Letting the market dl my apps at the moment. So far so good I guess. :)

silver04v
07-28-2011, 08:20 PM
Any way to shut data off at night?

cory46
07-28-2011, 08:23 PM
A tasker profile, juice defender, or just plain old airplane mode

goldsmitht
07-29-2011, 08:11 AM
I had the same situation during calibration with QC. When it hit 14vsels instead of rebooting it froze. I did a battery pull and rebooted and QC resumed its calibration for max speed. Liquid 2.4 has been great. No patches needed. The only thing I noticed that apps that I had fc issues with on 2.3 still had them on 2.4 but a fresh reinstall of the app fixed the issue. Now with the supercharging script and undervolt, it's a great rom. And you can still use all the cm7 themes!

So supercharger works with liquid? Which version, and what settings did you use? I've wanted to try it, but haven't set it up yet.

thanks,

silver04v
07-30-2011, 07:07 PM
Fyi guys. I asked Paul the Dec for quickclock about the vsel freeze. Basicly its perfectly normal and the phone is supposed to crash, which it does, but its needed sometimes to battery pull cause quickclock may not he able to reboot the phone. There's no fix, the phone just may or may not reboot on ota own. May need your help with a battery pull. That is all.

Sent from my liquidated Dx. Just flying along.