PDA

View Full Version : dont like ASOP roms so what are my choices?

dbrock1980
07-26-2011, 09:38 PM
not sure if this has been posted (probally though) ive tried apex and a few others, currentley on brood 4, and with ASOP roms it seems some of the functions i really desire arent in with them. i like roms with gingerbread but looking to get off of the brood rom so does anyone have some suggestions?

gunner1982
07-26-2011, 09:41 PM
MIUI is a great rom i've been on it for a couple of days now and I love it its very clean looking well polished and tons of customization

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums

cory46
07-26-2011, 09:42 PM
Darkslide for gingerbread is the closest to blur on the roms as you'll get right now, liberty and apex will allow you to add it back and of course there is stock

I'll add that most roms are going to remove blur elements because most of the devs dislike it

dbrock1980
07-26-2011, 09:43 PM
was actually just browsing that sub-forum. think ill give it a shot at some point when i get the time >.<

Zog
07-27-2011, 11:26 AM
MIUI is a great rom i've been on it for a couple of days now and I love it its very clean looking well polished and tons of customization

That is asop.

I think zombiestomped is the best blurry rom. Rock stable stock experience with no bloat, performance tweaks, and superb battery life.

Darkside and liberty are good too, but have a few bugs and are not as stable IMO.

That's about it for gb blurry roms. Apex 1.4, lib 1.5, and rubix were my favorite on froyo.

zombiestomped :: dx

dbrock1980
07-28-2011, 11:43 AM
I love miui.us but some features it doesn't have, mainly handling docks, makes me sada

drjimbeam
07-28-2011, 12:41 PM
That is asop.

I think zombiestomped is the best blurry rom. Rock stable stock experience with no bloat, performance tweaks, and superb battery life.

Darkside and liberty are good too, but have a few bugs and are not as stable IMO.

That's about it for gb blurry roms. Apex 1.4, lib 1.5, and rubix were my favorite on froyo.

zombiestomped :: dx

There are no aosp roms for DX there never can be until the bootloader is unlocked. The closest you can get are cm7 builds (cm7, miui, ssx,....).

cory46
07-28-2011, 12:47 PM
you can put an aosp rom rom on the dx... all there has to be is one made. and cm7 is aosp just a custom version of it. omfgb was released for the dx (but pulled) its aosp.

sfreemanoh
07-28-2011, 12:53 PM
I love miui.us but some features it doesn't have, mainly handling docks, makes me sada
Do you mean launchers/docks like LauncherPro, Zeam, etc? If so, it does, I got LauncherPro installed and working after flashing to Miui last night...then switched back to the MIUI launcher and now can't switch back...

There are no aosp roms for DX there never can be until the bootloader is unlocked. The closest you can get are cm7 builds (cm7, miui, ssx,....).Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums
Liberty AOSP...Apex GB...those are both AOSP. I'm not sure off the top of my head of any others, but there are two right there. I'm not sure what exactly constitutes AOSP (at the code level), but I have a feeling jrummy and fabolous have a better handle on it than me, and I'll take their word on it.

spodoc
07-28-2011, 01:19 PM
The is it AOSP or is it not AOSP depends on how you define AOSP. Technically, yes Liberty and Apex are not AOSP because they are derived from the moto build of GB and have some blur in there for function. They are casually referred to as AOSP because many of the apk files they use have most or all the blur look and feel stripped out. We referred to GummyJar as AOSP a long time ago remember? So, there's aosp and then there's AOSP... so to speak :)

Regarding the handling of launchers, I'm not able tot get screen transitions (e.g. cube and flip) to work on MIUI w/ LPP. Yes I know MIUI has those in the stock launcher.

dbrock1980
07-28-2011, 02:05 PM
well i have go launcer and thats all well and good but i use a home/car dock ALLLLL the time and theres no landscape dialpad/call screen with it. so thats what features im talking about.

JNEHAMA
07-28-2011, 09:36 PM
On gingerbread, I found Liberty had all the blur features I wanted through the customizer . You could pick which version of the Google apps you wanted. On the last version I tried 0.8 I even was able to use the blur launcher. I thought Apex rc2 was a bit more stable but did not have the ease of getting blur, or aosp apps. Give liberty a try.

jmorton10
07-31-2011, 07:04 PM
I agree, liberty definitely rocks and EVERYTHING including HDMI works perfectly with it. I have switched ROMs a bunch, but when I got to liberty .08 I was done switching probably for good. ~John

Sean Wristen
08-02-2011, 06:54 PM
Have tried a lot of roms. A few of cm4dx time. Back to liberty 0.9 for good battery life is super.my 2cents.

dbrock1980
08-03-2011, 01:10 PM
the ONLY feature i require is landscape dial/call/contacts and music in landscape in a car dock. i doubt any asop roms have this. well brood did but thats not asop i dont think. more of a gimmicked GB.

griz.droidx
08-03-2011, 07:29 PM
I'll second the recommendation for Zombiestomped. Darkslide is good too, and looks better than Zombie out of the box. But Zombie has more customizations out of the box (I think). Darkslide has some themes made by Wulf called river something or other. They are some of the best looking theme's I've found for anything out there other than those I've found for Theme Chooser. You might be able to use those on Zombie since both are blurred. What I'd recommend on any blurry rom is to freeze or rename what you don't use to save resources and thus battery life.

Liberty is a different kind of Blur rom. With Liberty you'd have to run the customizer, no big deal, and has a ton of customization options built in. You should be able to get 0.8 for free somewhere. I have a paid toolbox pro. But as I said he released .8 a while back for free, can't remember where though.

LiveToPonder
08-03-2011, 08:00 PM
I'll second the recommendation for Zombiestomped. Darkslide is good too, and looks better than Zombie out of the box. But Zombie has more customizations out of the box (I think). Darkslide has some themes made by Wulf called river something or other. They are some of the best looking theme's I've found for anything out there other than those I've found for Theme Chooser. You might be able to use those on Zombie since both are blurred. What I'd recommend on any blurry rom is to freeze or rename what you don't use to save resources and thus battery life.

Liberty is a different kind of Blur rom. With Liberty you'd have to run the customizer, no big deal, and has a ton of customization options built in. You should be able to get 0.8 for free somewhere. I have a paid toolbox pro. But as I said he released .8 a while back for free, can't remember where though.

+1 to Darkslide X, this ROM was awesome, and I ran it headache free for a llooonggg time, BlueRiver, RedRiver, GreenRiver and DarkRiver are Wulf's themes, and they are gorgeous...

dbrock1980
08-03-2011, 09:46 PM
are you able to use the supercharger script on darkslide?

LiveToPonder
08-03-2011, 09:49 PM
are you able to use the supercharger script on darkslide?

absolutely, I ran v 6 7 8, best results with megmem 1