PDA

View Full Version : Major Decrease in Battery Life

TheBananaPeel
07-25-2011, 10:58 PM
Hi, I'm running Liberty 0.8, and lately I've noticed a huge decrease in my battery life. I went from being able to go a whole day, and still have about 30% charge left over, but now I'm down to 20% in 8 and 1/2 hours.

I haven't tried anything yet, but would restoring to a previous backup fix it? What would you guys recommend I do?

Thank You

Zog
07-25-2011, 11:26 PM
That sounds about right. 10 hours with moderate use is acceptable battery life. I average 15 keeping resources low and undervolting.

Post a screen shot of your battery usage tomorrow, take it off the hook in the morning.

Any new apps installed?

Zombiestomped 1.7

TheBananaPeel
07-26-2011, 12:59 AM
I have my auto refresh turned off, and my brightness set to auto. My I have my phone set to the battery saver profile with QuickClock Advanced. Then I noticed the decrease in life after I installed Burn the Rope and Collapse Chaos. I really don't use my phone for anything but texting, twitter and phone calls, with the occasional browsing and game when I'm bored, but that's not too often.

Detonation
07-26-2011, 10:50 AM
Did you wipe your battery stats and recalibrate? Charge your phone to 100%, then boot into recovery, go to advanced > wipe battery states, then let your battery deplete to 0%, and then recharge it again to 100%.

Scott26
07-26-2011, 11:29 AM
You will want to make sure you did a battery wipe from clockwork like the guy above me said, and then don't use the auto brightness I found that to be a drain for me. I just use my toggle as 10% > 50% > 100%.

And you could try to freeze the apps you just added and see if that changes anything.

TheBananaPeel
07-26-2011, 11:48 AM
Ok, I'll give that a try. Thanks

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

TheBananaPeel
07-27-2011, 01:14 AM
Post a screen shot of your battery usage tomorrow, take it off the hook in the morning.

My battery did a lot better today, but I'll also give the battery calibration a try.

Thanks for the help guys!

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Scott26
07-27-2011, 10:11 AM
What did you change?

Zog
07-27-2011, 11:54 AM
He just used it less heh, that's low display and high idle. Sometimes we suffer from new toy syndrome and just don't notice the screen usage :)

zombiestomped :: dx

TheBananaPeel
07-27-2011, 12:11 PM
Well yeah I used it a considerable amount less yesterday because I woke up later, then had football till 8, so I really only had about 4 hours actual use with it.

I'm giving the battery calibration a try today so we'll see what happens after I do this.