PDA

View Full Version : Booting into recovery and installing .zip filefiles

mwfernandez80
07-25-2011, 11:02 PM
There is probably a separate thread that could help me on this, but I couldn't find one after searching for a while, so here's my dilemma.

I have a Droid X 1, running rooted gingerbread, and I'm having some issues. I'm trying to install the tethering patch, and I'm trying to boot into recovery using Droid X Bootstrapper, everytime I hit reboot recovery the phone turns off, the red logo pops up, but then the screen goes black and nothing happens, I have to pull the battery out. I've tried bootstrapping before too but nothing seemed to happen. And when I do it manually by holding power and home then releasing power when the red logo pops up and pressing search, the android logo and exclamation mark won't go away and I have to push a bunch of buttons for the menu to pop up. And then I go down to install the .zip patch, and the installation gets aborted right away. Help please?
Note: the recovery menu, or what I think is the recovery menu is in blue font, but I remember it being green before I installed rooted gingerbread.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

nemosfate
07-26-2011, 12:27 AM
Get the droid 2 bootstrap, haven't had any problems with it and that's all I've used on my x, other than that not sure