PDA

View Full Version : Liquid battery life

silver04v
07-25-2011, 10:50 PM
Hows the battery life on liquid 2.4? I think I have chosen it for my next rom but battery life is important. Anyone?

Sent from MY Ginger X. Rooted and modded the way I want it and just flying as fast as it can!

Nemo aeternamn
07-25-2011, 11:07 PM
Imo.... Liquid had better battery life then ssx.... But the cm7 I like the must and has givin me the best battery life its justice.... Yesterday I made it thirteen hours with around twenty five to thirty percent barry life with no real tweaks like under volting
.... So if I made my recommendation.... To any one... It would be justice... Best feel... Imho
Sent from nemo walking solus

silver04v
07-26-2011, 10:27 PM
Nobody else on liquid can put in their .02?

Sent from MY Ginger X. Rooted and modded the way I want it and just flying as fast as it can!

snoop5
07-26-2011, 10:41 PM
liquid is a great rom but for me they all have been getting around the same between 12-15 hours on all the cm 7 roms i would say ssx and liquid are better for me, miui and cm7 ok havent tried justice since its in the toolbox and i dont have it

eazyp79
07-26-2011, 11:41 PM
i tried liquid for a few days. i was impressed with the rom but not with the battery life. compared to the froyo roms i've run, i was getting half the battery life. just surfing the web with firefox or stock browser, i could watch my battery meter drop 10-15% after about 20 minutes. so until the battery life improves with roms such as liquid and the like, im back to 340-based roms (liked apex a lot; now on liberty, liking it too).

Zog
07-27-2011, 11:09 AM
Y would u go back to 340? Blurry 596 roms have excellent battery life. Liberty gb is a much better rom than 1.5, and apex rc2 is way faster than 1.4. Gingerbread > Froyo.

zombiestomped :: dx

eazyp79
07-27-2011, 12:36 PM
I've tried GB and found that all the things that i was doing on 340-based roms, required patches or hacks to work on GB. tethering was one of them. on 340-based roms i've used, i turn on wifi tether and it works. when i tried GB, i first had to apply a patch, then go thru several steps to get wifi tether to work and it was unreliable. i also had signal problems. i just wasnt impressed with GB.

i've tried:
apex 1.4.1 and i liked it.
apex RC2, didnt like it, had problems
.596 rooted, wasnt impressed, lookes like .340 with different colors.
.596 deodexed. had problems, required patches and hacks.
liquid, great rom, terrible on battery.
xcelerated .596, nothing special, just less bloat.
darkslide blur 4.2, didnt like the darkness, hard to see screen outdoors.
liberty 2.0.1 and i like it, running it now.

mfinchv1
07-27-2011, 12:48 PM
I was on liquid 2.3....and seemed the battery drained quickly. im now on liberty gb 0.9....15 hours....30 percent left on battery...5 of them hours are when I was asleep. but ive been playing games...on facebook....etc....pretty good so far!!

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums

Zog
07-27-2011, 12:50 PM
I recommend zombie stomped. Rock stable stock experience with performance tweaks and superb battery life.

zombiestomped :: dx

silver04v
07-29-2011, 08:13 PM
Can't complain, with normal use I'm at 51% after 12 hours. On rooted 596 at this time, same usage I'd be looking at 60-70%. So for all that liquid offers I can deal with this batery life. Ya, I'm hooked. This was just to easy to do. Now, to explore 75% of the settings and tweaks I haven't found yet ;)

silver04v
07-29-2011, 08:14 PM
Btw this is oc'd to 1100 with quickclock.

digitalmofo
08-06-2011, 04:49 PM
I'm on liquid 2.5, and my battery life sucks. I take it to work, only touch it for 4 minutes on break to delete spam emails that I have got in between, call the wife for 30 minutes on lunch and I am at about 30% or less when I get home, and I keep it on the charger in the car when I am calling. I leave wifi off, bluetooth off, and I use the email widget so it gets all of my inboxes on the same place so I just click in there, select junk email and delete. The rest of the time it is on standby just sitting there. I wish I knew a way to make the battery last a bit longer. I am thinking of buying an extended battery, but on stock, apex and earlier liberties my battery lasted all day long. I love gingerbread liquid, but it sucks my battery dry pretty quick.

Bkdodger
08-06-2011, 05:32 PM
I'm on liquid 2.5, and my battery life sucks. I take it to work, only touch it for 4 minutes on break to delete spam emails that I have got in between, call the wife for 30 minutes on lunch and I am at about 30% or less when I get home, and I keep it on the charger in the car when I am calling. I leave wifi off, bluetooth off, and I use the email widget so it gets all of my inboxes on the same place so I just click in there, select junk email and delete. The rest of the time it is on standby just sitting there. I wish I knew a way to make the battery last a bit longer. I am thinking of buying an extended battery, but on stock, apex and earlier liberties my battery lasted all day long. I love gingerbread liquid, but it sucks my battery dry pretty quick.

Def seems like a major drain ..I was on 2.4 and the battery was getting better but still room for improvement ..BTW 2.5 has wifi issues where we couldn't connect and got an error so most of us went back to 2.4 bc of it...that might also be contributing to your woes..I would try flashing 2.4 until an update comes around ..

Liquid 2.4

http://db.tt/G5sSpXY

Sent from elGato's X..
"I will not flash today...I will not flash tonight ..Oh what did I say ??"

B1GD
08-07-2011, 02:48 AM
liquid 2.4 has given me pretty good battery life. no complaints yet. for sure stick with 2.4. 2.5 is buggy

edit* also, and i know quadrants mean nothing, but with ULV in droid over clock with 1000mhz max, i score right around 2100. comparatively, i would have to overclock to around 1250mzh to get near that mark on other 2nd-INIT roms. and i never got even close on froyo roms.

digitalmofo
08-07-2011, 03:12 AM
Ok, just to avoid confusion, when I flash back to 2.4, what do I do first? Do I SBF back to 2.3.4 and then just flash Liquid 2.4? When I SBF back, do I do anything first or just back up my stuff and SBF? Then I root, get Droid 2 Bootstrap and flash Liquid 2.4? If I am leaving anything out, let me know. Thank you!

digitalmofo
08-07-2011, 08:28 PM
Ok, I backed up files, booted into recovery with clockwork, then loaded the rom from your link and it worked perfectly! Thank you tons and tons! I notice 2.4 has the option to boot to recovery from the power button, 2.5 doesn't, that's why I was confused. Thank you all again! Loving 2.4, it's working flawlessly. :D

XxXxX
08-13-2011, 06:28 PM
On 2.6 it sucks!!!!!!!!! On Liberty v9 i got a least 36 hours in between charges. On liquid I get maybe MAYBE 20hours of normal day to day stuff. I love the ROM but hate the battery life.

Wonderman7
08-13-2011, 08:07 PM
I ran liquid For a while but darkslide 4.2 gave me the best battery life. 12 hours down to 20% meadium to heavy usage but right now liberty 2.0.1 is doing good but darklide takes the cake

digitalmofo
08-16-2011, 01:14 AM
After calibration, I am losing about 10% per hour when the phone is on standby. Probably about 1% every 3 minutes when I am using it for anything.

gbrinn
08-16-2011, 01:25 AM
After calibration, I am losing about 10% per hour when the phone is on standby. Probably about 1% every 3 minutes when I am using it for anything.

Wow, that's craptacular. If I lost 10% per hour on standby, with as much as I use my phone I'd be dead before lunch.

XxXxX
08-16-2011, 01:47 AM
My phone died every night off the charger. I really like the rom but the battery power was a no for me. Whet back to Liberty V9 Fully charged it at 10pm last night and still at 40 percent as of 24 hours later with a ton of texting and talking today.

digitalmofo
08-16-2011, 04:41 AM
Wow, that's craptacular. If I lost 10% per hour on standby, with as much as I use my phone I'd be dead before lunch.

Yessir, sucks pretty bad. Charges fast, when I go on lunch I throw it on the car charger for 20 minutes or so, otherwise I don't think it would make it through my shift, and that's without really using it.

Nemo aeternamn
08-16-2011, 04:46 AM
Yessir, sucks pretty bad. Charges fast, when I go on lunch I throw it on the car charger for 20 minutes or so, otherwise I don't think it would make it through my shift, and that's without really using it.

have ya tried the new version... it's 2.6... it get's alot better battery life... it's almost... dare i say... decent... with decent use... i made it... about 15 hours and still had some life... like thirty percent

OldEmt
08-16-2011, 09:55 AM
I'm on 2.6 underclocked to 700 with supercharge and seems to perform OK. Battery gets me through most days. That said, I'm not sure any of the CM7 based roms have markedly better battery performance. If MIUI GB can get up and running, that may hold the most promise. I'd say that if battery is #1 for someone they probably need to use a .596 rom like DarkSlide X. JMO

digitalmofo
08-17-2011, 11:57 PM
have ya tried the new version... it's 2.6... it get's alot better battery life... it's almost... dare i say... decent... with decent use... i made it... about 15 hours and still had some life... like thirty percent

I am on 2.6.

I'd say that if battery is #1 for someone they probably need to use a .596 rom like DarkSlide X. JMO
I love Liquid GB, everything about it, but wish it wasn't dead before I got off work.

That being said, I added Juice Defender app and that seemed to help, when I got off work today, I had 80% left.

NUNsLAUGHTER92
08-18-2011, 12:59 AM
I am on 2.6.

I love Liquid GB, everything about it, but wish it wasn't dead before I got off work.

That being said, I added Juice Defender app and that seemed to help, when I got off work today, I had 80% left.

Hey can you post the juice defender app for me please? I don't see anything wrong with it because it's free. And the reason I don't just install it is because it says insufficient storage..

"The road to hell is paved with good intentions"

digitalmofo
08-18-2011, 01:05 AM
Sure thing, how do I post it? The link to the one I downloaded? I got the free one and just used the standard setting, it helped ridiculously well.

digitalmofo
08-18-2011, 01:09 AM
https://market.android.com/details?id=com.latedroid.juicedefender&feature=search_result
T (https://market.android.com/details?id=com.latedroid.juicedefender&feature=search_result)hat's the one I have. It turns off your radios when the screen is off to save battery, but runs instant checks every so often so you still get your message notifications. You can turn on stricter settings, but I like using my phone all the time, even when it is off and laying on my desk. I don't want to miss a notification or anything, and I tested it with people texting and facebook messaging me and got my messages right away every time.

NUNsLAUGHTER92
08-18-2011, 01:13 AM
https://market.android.com/details?id=com.latedroid.juicedefender&feature=search_result
T (https://market.android.com/details?id=com.latedroid.juicedefender&feature=search_result)hat's the one I have. It turns off your radios when the screen is off to save battery, but runs instant checks every so often so you still get your message notifications. You can turn on stricter settings, but I like using my phone all the time, even when it is off and laying on my desk. I don't want to miss a notification or anything, and I tested it with people texting and facebook messaging me and got my messages right away every time.

Actually I meant like upload the app to a site like 4shared or a dropbox because the market is being retarded.. And you can upload it by using an app like root explorer and copying it from /data/app/ to your sdcard. But if you can't do that then its okay (:
Edit: never mind, it finally installed.
"The road to hell is paved with good intentions"