PDA

View Full Version : 2nd init for the X2

juhde
07-21-2011, 09:43 PM
UPDATE: it's here (forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1180199), all rejoice!

Think of it as just like the recovery we already have but this one can flash stuff the other one can't. Not necessarily better, just different abilities.

Just like any recovery we need ROMs to flash. So you could install it right now, but you couldn't really do anything new with it yet.

The key difference between the system recovery released first and 2nd-init is that 2nd-init will let you flash some types of unsigned zips, specifically ROMs. So instead of a ROM that's just a striped down and heavily modified stock ROM that you normally could only flash with a locked bootloader, now you can flash unsigned ROMs like Cyanogenmod or Miui. We still have to wait for them to be ported though.

None the less this is good news.

For further reading on 2nd-init visit cvpcs.org/blog/2011-06-14/2nd-init._what_it_is_and_how_it_works

Sent from my DROID X2

popcenator
07-21-2011, 09:50 PM
We've seen news like this before...hopefully it won't be another let down.

on the move..

firefighterguy
07-21-2011, 10:22 PM
+1. However, I trust juhde. So if it does turnn out to be another let down, it's not his fault. It would be the clown that got our hopes up in the first place. I don't shoot the messenger. I aim for the originator. Lmao!

"King of the 'Self-Edit'"

juhde
07-21-2011, 10:38 PM
No let down here, it's released. In the wild! Now we just need ROMs to be ported to the X2. Basically we can now expect any and all ROMs. Liberty, Justice and CM7 will probably be the 1st 3, just my guess.
Sent from my DROID X2

popcenator
07-21-2011, 10:51 PM
+1. However, I trust juhde. So if it does turnn out to be another let down, it's not his fault. It would be the clown that got our hopes up in the first place. I don't shoot the messenger. I aim for the originator. Lmao!

Yeah, the let down was aimed at the developer, not juhde. Glad it was released though so we don't even have to worry.

firefighterguy
07-22-2011, 11:01 AM
No let down here, it's released. In the wild! Now we just need ROMs to be ported to the X2. Basically we can now expect any and all ROMs. Liberty, Justice and CM7 will probably be the 1st 3, just my guess.
Sent from my DROID X2

Yeah, the let down was aimed at the developer, not juhde. Glad it was released though so we don't even have to worry.

HOOAH!

Is there anything specific we need to do before hand? Or is it going to be in the flashable zip already?

juhde
07-22-2011, 06:23 PM
OP updated

Sent from my DROID X2