PDA

View Full Version : Power Control Widget

Sefirosu
07-20-2011, 10:22 PM
How do you uninstall it? I downloaded a theme for liberty that comes with a blue power control widget and I have to uninstall the old one. I looked in app management and didn't see it. Where do I go to remove it?

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums

BHuber09
07-20-2011, 10:24 PM
Did you go into the tab that said all?
If you did then go into some app for instance TiBu and find in there and uninstall it.

cory46
07-20-2011, 10:25 PM
Take the power control widget ( if your meaning the one that comes with the rom) and with say root explorer and move it to /system/app and paste it there it'll ask to over write the existing and you ok it then mount it as read write and change permissions to rw-r--r

Or

Read write
Read
Read

Sefirosu
07-20-2011, 10:55 PM
Did you go into the tab that said all?
If you did then go into some app for instance TiBu and find in there and uninstall it.
I went into the all tab and it wasn't there. I looked in TiBu but I can't find it. What section would it be in?

Take the power control widget ( if your meaning the one that comes with the rom) and with say root explorer and move it to /system/app and paste it there it'll ask to over write the existing and you ok it then mount it as read write and change permissions to rw-r--r

Or

Read write
Read
Read

The power control came as a separate apk file. It didn't come with the theme. Does using root explorer still apply?

cory46
07-20-2011, 10:58 PM
yes but you are replacing the one that is stock in the rom correct? If so you take the modified custom one and move it to /system/app and replace the now "old" one with the new one and set the permissions and reboot

BHuber09
07-20-2011, 10:59 PM
If you go into the backup restore tab it should be there.
If not there is another app i use called SystemApp Remover, it creates a downloaded section and a system app section and you can uninstall from either, however if it doesnt show up in TiBu then i doubt it show up in there, but its worth a shot.

However Cory's knowledge of this exceeds my greatly so go with his idea.

Sefirosu
07-20-2011, 11:12 PM
Hmm. Is it called something else? I'm in system/app and don't see it:

cory46
07-20-2011, 11:15 PM
What's the name of the one you want. Powercontrol.apk?

Edit: your on gingerbread liberty right?

Sefirosu
07-20-2011, 11:17 PM
What's the name of the one you want. Powercontrol.apk?

Edit: your on gingerbread liberty right?

Yes and yes. I want to save the old one though just in case something goes wrong. I want to rename it .bak or something.

cory46
07-20-2011, 11:21 PM
ok give me a second Im gonna look through an old 596 I have on my computer I don't have liberty so I cant look there .. but you can while your waiting since you want to save the current one go in with root explorer and go to the power control widget (dooohhh i forgot we dont know the name) and copy it to your sd card for safe keeping

Sefirosu
07-20-2011, 11:28 PM
ok give me a second Im gonna look through an old 596 I have on my computer I don't have liberty so I cant look there .. but you can while your waiting since you want to save the current one go in with root explorer and go to the power control widget (dooohhh i forgot we dont know the name) and copy it to your sd card for safe keeping

No worries. It can wait. Don't stress over it I have to be up for work in 5 hours anyway :/

Thanks for the help!

cory46
07-20-2011, 11:47 PM
I don't think you are going to like what I'm going to say. But before I say it I will say that I may be wrong about this location.

where did you get this power control widget apk from? was it from a theme already made for gingerbread/liberty, reason I am asking is because I think the widget is tied to settings.apk

http://i.imgur.com/OwQk1.png

Sefirosu
07-21-2011, 08:04 PM
I got it figured out. Once I installed the apk it installed new widgets. I never even thought about just trying it. Thanks for your help.

cory46
07-21-2011, 08:08 PM
Haha never thought about that I thought you wanted to replace it like a skin