PDA

View Full Version : Staples Offers $100 Off Coupon for Tablet Purchases

wicked
07-20-2011, 03:11 PM
http://static.droidnetwork.net/wicked/article/staplescoupon.png

If you've been on the fence about getting an Android Tablet, well today's your lucky day. Staples is now offering $100 Off coupon good for any tablet purchase.

$299 Asus Transformer (http://www.transformerforums.com/index.php) and Acer A500 (http://www.acertabletforum.com/index.php)? Or how about a $399 Galaxy Tab 10.1 (http://www.galaxytabforums.net/index.php)? or a Toshiba Thrive (http://www.thriveforums.org/index.php) 16GB for a mere $379.99?

Either way you go, this deal is almost impossible to beat, so print the coupon and head to your local Staples now (it ends on 7/30)!

Abe21599
07-20-2011, 10:24 PM
seems as though the TF is not carried in stores, only online. Sucks cause that was the one that interests me...

cory46
07-20-2011, 10:34 PM
yep that is exactly what I wanted to do Abe...

Abe21599
07-20-2011, 11:13 PM
reading some discussion on this elsewhere, other companies like BB, walmart, HHGregg will match competitors' coupons, but i guess it varies by region. I'll probably call a few places this weekend and see what the policies are...

synth3tic
07-20-2011, 11:16 PM
Shame they don't carry the G Tablet anymore. I've been thinking about picking one up, but I guess it's been a long while since they've carried it. Either way, nice find!!

wicked
07-21-2011, 12:30 AM
reading some discussion on this elsewhere, other companies like BB, walmart, HHGregg will match competitors' coupons, but i guess it varies by region. I'll probably call a few places this weekend and see what the policies are...

This is true Abe. Some Best Buys and Office Depot honor this coupon.

Killjoy
07-21-2011, 01:41 AM
Going with the ACER! THANKS!!!!

wicked
07-21-2011, 08:32 PM
From Droid Forums:

FYI - you can use this for any tablet they sell, whether the store has it in-stock or not. I just went to my local staples and they obviously didn't have the Galaxy Tab 10.1 32Gb in stock (as no staples stores do), so they bought it for me online, I payed at the register, and they are shipping to my house for free...coupon applied.

As long as you purchase IN-STORE, that's all they care. They don't care if they ship to you or you walk out the door with it.

BigDaddyNYY
07-22-2011, 10:27 AM
Anyone try, or can anyone recommend the Dell Streak, I stopped in Staples yesterday and with the coupon it would only be $199. I read on Phandroid that the 5" model has been pulled for updates, not sure about the 7".

If you don't recommend the 7" Streak, is there a tablet that you would recommend. I am in the market to get one for my wife, but am concerned as one of her primary uses are facebook games and so far her netbook has not performed well for this, and I know my DroidX is horrible at it. Are the dual core tablets running honeycomb any better.

Thanks

akeezy
07-22-2011, 10:53 AM
From Droid Forums:

I'm at the beach, and there's a staples down the road from my condo and i went yesterday and bought the galaxy tab 10.1

Donziikid
07-25-2011, 07:53 PM
The Staples around me was out of stock on the Motorola Xoom. I later tried Best Buy, but they claimed they would not honor the coupon. Trying a Staples a little farther away from me who, according to Staples.com, has some in stock. Will certainly call in the morning to hold one for the day.

Thanks for the coupon!

surge
07-25-2011, 08:27 PM
I'm going to see if I can find a xoom. Thanks for the coupon.

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums

skyshadow
07-25-2011, 08:51 PM
If you live in new York or Connecticut try pc Richard & son

Sent from my DROID X2 using Droid X Forums

Einsnico
07-26-2011, 01:30 PM
So I called Office Depot this morning and they said they can honor coupons from Office Max and Stapples :excited:, so I went to the store and I was ready to buy the Asus Eee pad Transformer but the manager said that the coupon is not good with the Asus tablet :crazy:, so I got the Acer Iconia :big smile:.

note: all stapples in my area are out of stock of Acer Tablets and they don't sell the Asus table in store:wink:.

Killjoy
08-02-2011, 12:59 AM
How do you like the Iconia? I got one but it is still in the box.

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums

Einsnico
08-03-2011, 07:47 AM
- Well it is a little bit heavy, first you don't notice that or you think you don't care but after a few minutes using it you can start feeling that extra weight.
- Some HD Games like games from Gameloft or GLU will freeze while loading but if you wait enough time it will continue running, some people blame the 3.1 update but I never used android 3.0 so I don't know the difference.
- Yesterday after charging the tablet i tried to unlock it ( i have the pattern screen lock) the touch screen didn't respond at all and I had to restart the tablet, this was a little annoying but happened only 1 time.
- The charger cord is waaaay to short and the tablet won't charge with USB ( im not sure if it's the same with the rest of android tablets)
- Finally the back of the tablet looks like metal finish, like brushed, well if you don't use the tablet with a case it gets scratched very easy and that beautiful finished will ended up looking like plain gray and if you keep going deeper the actual plastic is white (how do i know that? I've seen the Acer Iconia display they have at costco lol)
I decided to mention all the CONS not to sound negative but to be aware of all those "little" details that at the end could make a difference to any of you.
PROS? well it works as advertised, im pretty happy with battery life, we keep getting more and more apps for honeycomb, touch screen very responsive, keypad very responsive, no problems connecting to wifi at all, no problems connecting to my DX for tethering (thank you guys from "droidxforums.com" wouldn't done it without all your help).

Killjoy
08-03-2011, 05:38 PM
Crap. Thank you for your honest review. I'm not sure how I feel about this tablet now. I mean I know it's only one review but your cons really ARE some of the small details that could annoy someone (like myself).

Maybe I should sell it.....

If I return it, I doubt they'll honor the coupon again.

akeezy
08-04-2011, 12:05 AM
Crap. Thank you for your honest review. I'm not sure how I feel about this tablet now. I mean I know it's only one review but your cons really ARE some of the small details that could annoy someone (like myself).

Maybe I should sell it.....

If I return it, I doubt they'll honor the coupon again.

Depends on how long ago you bought it. When I got my Galaxy tab, they told me I had 2 weeks to return it and trade it for another one. But they should still honor the coupon. In the small print it says one coupon per person and it can be used only once a day