PDA

View Full Version : Apps to sd help

Chocobubba
07-19-2011, 07:57 PM
I have a rather small sd card with lots of stuff on it, and tons of free space built into my phone. Is there any way to automatically prevent apps from installing to the sd card? Some Apps also won't let me move them and I have to use titanium to batch them into place. Thanks in advance.

Also, is there a way to use the phone space for things other than Apps?

~PheoniX the Droid X relayed this for me.

Chocobubba
07-20-2011, 12:03 AM
(Unrelated but anyone know why my social network all and uploading to fb from gallery fails and says I need account, then never loads? )

ryant35
07-20-2011, 11:55 PM
Since you are rooted you can store some files in the root memory of your phone, but you will need a root explorer to copy them there. Once they are in the root memory there are no apps that will see the files, so photos & media will just be stored and not accessed.

Getting a new larger SD card is the only way to store more files. New 16gb micro SD cards are pretty cheap, just look for sales online or in stores.

You could look into using Amazon's cloud drive or Google Music to store you music and stream it back to your phone, that is a quick option if that is what is filling your SD card.

ryant35
07-20-2011, 11:57 PM
Also for your second question, do you have the FB app installed and have you logged into FB with it? (kind of a dumb question but tech support asks you if your computer is plugged in for a reason;) )

If so here are some options to try, battery pull, clear FB app data, boot into Clockwork recovery and clear cache, uninstall and reinstall the FB app.

Chocobubba
07-21-2011, 01:22 AM
I would try that but I had to sbf my phone after some patches gone wrong. Now everything is working. Thanks all the same though.