PDA

View Full Version : 2.6.32.9 hdmi rom

as_daylight_dies
07-19-2011, 05:59 PM
Looking for a blur ROM based on 2.6.32.9 kernal so that I can flash, backup, and recover back onto Justice v0.1. I want to be able to flash back and forth for HDMI use. Thoughts?

~Sent from my Droid X - Justice has been served

C Dippa
07-19-2011, 06:05 PM
I use a backup of Apex 1.4 for that exact reason. 10 minutes to backup/restore to Apex 1.4, and another 5 minutes when I'm done with HDMI to restore CM7 or the like...works great!

Darkslide Blurry (froyo) is the only other on that kernel I can think of with HDMI capability.

Bkdodger
07-19-2011, 06:07 PM
I use a backup of Apex 1.4 for that exact reason. 10 minutes to backup/restore to Apex 1.4, and another 5 minutes when I'm done with HDMI to restore CM7 or the like...works great!

Darkslide Blurry (froyo) is the only other on that kernel I can think of with HDMI capability.

+1 I was thinking the same. .plus Apex is a great rom..

Sent from elGato's X..
Flash alert warning!!!!

as_daylight_dies
07-20-2011, 01:51 AM
U guys rock. Thanks. Kinda excited to flash back to good ol Froyo Apex (my first ROM)

abqnm
07-20-2011, 03:19 AM
Now if someone can figure out either a way to get the driver to work on CM7 or a way to dual boot...

as_daylight_dies
07-20-2011, 10:17 AM
Now if someone can figure out either a way to get the driver to work on CM7 or a way to dual boot...

I'm really surprised no1 has figured out the driver yet

abqnm
07-20-2011, 11:12 AM
I'm really surprised no1 has figured out the driver yet

I guess it all depends on how deeply intertwined with the blur framework it is. Who knows what Moto did to begin with...

cory46
07-20-2011, 11:17 AM
They have drivers for the evo but im not sure how well they work. The person I know with an evo doesn't let me screw up their phone enough haha

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums

as_daylight_dies
07-20-2011, 11:24 AM
Ok so I tried to flash Apex 1.4 and it failed...

-From Justice v0.1
-Rebooted into CWM
-Did a backup
-Wiped data/cache/dalvik
-Installed zip from SD
-Install aborted
-Restored backup
-Back on Justice

I'm using CMW 4.0. Ideas?

C Dippa
07-20-2011, 11:41 AM
Yeah, actually I don't think you can load Apex from the 2nd init recovery, but backups work fine, so unless you happen to have an Apex backup, the process is going to be a little more lengthy.

You'd need to sbf back to froyo or restore a froyo backup, then root/bootstrap, load Apex, set it up, make a backup. Then you can restore your Justice backup and flash freely in between the backups.

as_daylight_dies
07-20-2011, 12:14 PM
SBF... I was afraid of that but I figured...

Poker3
07-20-2011, 05:29 PM
This is genius!
Thanks guys!

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums

as_daylight_dies
07-23-2011, 11:35 AM
Well after a long day yesterday I am up and running... Had to install Ubuntu Linux on a virtual machine because the damb Windows 7 SBF kept failing... Linux did the job on the first try and did it a lot faster too. Thinking about actually installing Ubuntu as my primary OS now. It was pretty cool

Poker3
07-24-2011, 09:00 PM
Well after a long day yesterday I am up and running... Had to install Ubuntu Linux on a virtual machine because the damb Windows 7 SBF kept failing... Linux did the job on the first try and did it a lot faster too. Thinking about actually installing Ubuntu as my primary OS now. It was pretty cool

+1 for Ubuntu
Then use virtualbox ose to run virtual windows machines....if needed :-)

Sent from DroidX....
Justice 0.1 = awesome!