PDA

View Full Version : Gingerbread not to good?

Rob71
07-18-2011, 04:48 PM
I've been dealing with the problems that this update has been having for a while and I can say now that I'm tired of them.

First thing:
Data network just drops whenever it wants. Recently I was on the phone and the call was dropped. I didn't notice this before but my 3G randomly goes away...annoying.

Second thing:
Everything is laggy now. Texting, calling, browser, settings, pretty much everything.

Third thing:
Contact Quick tasks acting retarded with the picture size. No matter how hard I try, I can't get the picture to stay where I want it.

Fourth thing: Battery is dying way faster. I put it on sleep mode the other night, which I used to do b4 Gingerbread and It turned out completely dead...won't be doing that again.

Fifth thing:
Swype is acting like it has a 5 year-old's vocabulary.

Now, I was just wondering if there was a way to remove this update to Gingerbread. I heard about SBFing and I was a little worried. This phone is expensive and I don't like risking expensive stuff lol. If there is another way I would appreciate you letting me know. If not, what's the best way to SBF?

Sent from my DROIDX using Droid X Forums

newmanx4
07-18-2011, 07:07 PM
If you do a factory reset all of those bugs should go away EXCEPT the data drops.

Rob71
07-19-2011, 10:14 AM
When I very first did the update, my search key and home key weren't working so I did the factory reset and it fixed them. So I had already tried that. Unless you think doing it another time would be helpful.

Sent from my DROIDX

macpro88
07-19-2011, 10:45 AM
Factory reset should help with some of these little bugs, sucks, but it should help. Also, if you can hold off, there should be a patch rolling OTA here in a week or so that will have an updated radio to fix the data connection problems, and hopefully some more bug fixes in the patch as well.

bladerunn3r
07-19-2011, 07:40 PM
I'm having a lot of problems since gingerbread as well. Everything seems to lag now, but most annoying is that everytime I exit an app, the launcher takes several seconds to come up, or it comes up right away but it's frozen for 4-6 seconds. Regardless of what launcher I use. But in general everything is super slow and lagging. Very disappointing.

realone7575
07-19-2011, 07:45 PM
I am having not one problem no lag no bugs smooth and super fast when im on my wifi 3g could be better but hopefully they will fix it and yes im totally stock no root no rom no locking up anymore phones...

Sent from my DROIDX

surge
07-19-2011, 08:27 PM
GB is good to go on my phone. Mine is stock and I'm not messing with it.

Rob71
07-20-2011, 10:08 AM
I just want Froyo back. I don't see any benefits from Gingerbread except for some visuals. I recently did another factory reset and im still waiting for some obvious changes.

spodoc
07-20-2011, 10:13 AM
Sbf is your only way back to froyo. It will take you back to out of the box state which requires you then reactivate the phone.

The update to gb comes out soon. I haven't heard anything as to whether it will update the bootloader. Know this: if the bootloader is updated you will not be able to sbf back. Moto/vzw was kind enough not update the bootloader from froyo to gb. Lets hope that continues.

ryant35
07-20-2011, 10:50 AM
The leaked versions tweaked by the developers run much better. The OTA gingerbread seems to be full of problems, I've been on a leaked version of GB since the day it came out and I've hardly had any problems. No on GB roms they work great, almost no problems at all.

Rob71
07-20-2011, 02:13 PM
Sbf is your only way back to froyo. It will take you back to out of the box state which requires you then reactivate the phone.

The update to gb comes out soon. I haven't heard anything as to whether it will update the bootloader. Know this: of the bootloader is updated you will not be able to sbf back. Moto/vzw was kind enough not update the bootloader from froyo to gb. Lets hope that continues.

What I don't understand is why they are going to take SBF away. Some people may like Froyo instead of Gingerbread, like me, cause Gingerbread has a ton of problems. The dock thing is "ok" but GO Launcher Ex can do that for me. SBF should be left alone or they should make a selection in the Update area where you can choose Froyo.

~~~Droid X~~~

spodoc
07-20-2011, 05:32 PM
I didn't say they will, I said they could. They did it from 2.1 to 2.2. Also from 2.2 to 2.2.1. They did not from 2.2.1 to 2.3

spodoc
07-20-2011, 05:34 PM
When we bought a phone with a locked bootloader we put ourselves into this position where can be told what we can and can't load.